August 28, 2014 | 1393 users online

Powder - Sheer Cover - Sheer Cover - Mineral Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by CallieR09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the sheer cover on a whim one day, i had seen it a 100 times and just wanted to try it for myself. Like others it was 30 and i thought it wasa great price and was excited waiting for it. wellll let me tell ya...i got a bill in the mail a couple weeks later for 70 and some change. i think they trick you into buying and leave out the fact that you are buying a 100$ kit not a 30$ like advertised. soo i used the concealer, which i do use everyday, and i love it. i use my fingers and on days with more time the concealer brush. those two things are great, and thats why my rating is what it is. I did the whole mineral brushing thing and i feel it was powdery and i looked pale, even with the bronzer, that is wayyyy too shimmery for everyday use. i am a bronzer freak, not all over but i use everyday for a glow. This one was soo ridiculously shimmery, it makes a mess. I thought i looked all one color, instead of being red around the nose and what not, but it was just "too" light of a color. I got the medium kit, so i think the dark would have been too dark. this was during the summer months now that it is fall maybe it will work better. As the reviews before me, you do start out looking pretty good, flawless with the concealer and minerals but after a couple hours you do look slick and it just looks like you have been behind a stove all day and have no makeup on when in reality you put in all this effort, lol. oh and i wanted to tell the girls before me that you can buy sheer cover at the "Proactiv" stands in malls. they sell sheer cover products, due to them both being a product of gunthy renker. So you can get just one piece of the kit. well all in all i have the travel concealer in my bathroom and the other one in my makeup bag, the minerals are in a closet and when i think of it, ill use them.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2010 4:56:00 AM More reviews by JessLol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've had my starter (full size) Sheer Cover for about a year to two years I can't remember, and have not yet gone through my mineral foundation! I don't use much, and of course sometimes I don't wear it, but I literally use it everyday.

I have had to recently buy a new concealer. The concealer is so damn good! It's creamy, covers well and doesn't fade too fast.

The foundation itself works well for my normal/oily skin and I think it is doing a better job than my very recent purchase of Revlon's Colorstay. I have been using them together, setting the Revlon with Sheer Cover, but after the Colorstay is gone, I might just stick with the Sheer Cover.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by aloving3947

I really love this product! I don't wear a lot of makeup, and this feels like I'm not wearing any. My powder lasted a long time, maybe that's why it didn't seem cakey and lasted forever. I have psoriasis on my face and this product works really well for me; it seems to soothe my skin. I receive a lot of compliments when I wear Sheer Cover.
One thing about the pricing...they send you a 3-month supply and the price is about $30 a month. They will send you a new supply every 3-months unless you change your shipping frequency. The minimal is 2 times a year. The kit that I'm currently getting is $109.95 and has cleanser, moisturizer, primer, 2 powder foundations, duo concealer, bronzer, a mascara, a compact w/ blush, eyeshadows, and glosses, and some brushes. I wear make-up everyday, but am a teacher and don't re-apply because I don't have time or motiviation. The amount that they give me is more than enough. I'm always touching my face through-out the day, but it seems to hold up well.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2010 2:08:00 AM More reviews by strawbery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is terrible! My face looked like I had caked it on. Very unnatural, nothing like the commercial.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Pookles

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok ...I purchased the Sheer Cover introductory kit (30 day supply) in light for $29.95 US. Thought this was a fantastic deal for all the products contained in this kit and couldn't wait to use it. Seven days later, I received my order opened it up and got started.

First I used the:

Cleanser 2 oz- cleansed well enough left skin feeling soft but nothing special.

Moisturizer 1.0 oz - felt more like a plain sunscreen, stung a little, does not contain any real anti aging or good
moisturizing ingredients such as peptides, retinols, etc.

Concealer (light/medium) - applied a little, nice light creamy texture, covered minor imperfections well, a little too light for more serious coverage such as birthmarks.

Minerals in Frost/ Nude 4 gm - mixed the 2 colors, more frost than nude, got a very nice color match to my skin tone which is usually very difficult to match because it is very light. I used the mini Kabuki brush in the kit to buff on the minerals but I found it to be too coarse and it actually removed a lot of the concealer, I tried again using the powder brush and a very light hand, worked a bit better, but the some bristles came out. I have a birthmark on my chin and I had to reapply the concealer after the minerals. Minerals felt nice and light on the skin.

Lipgloss compact - minuscule amount in the compact, nice very sheer pink color, light texture but not much staying power.

Anyway I add a little blush, mascara, and ta da...in my lighting I look fantastic, my skin is glowing, pores look like they have been airbrushed away and my skin has its youthful radiance once again. I think I look hot and I skip out of the house. Two hours later I am sitting talking with my doctor and he keeps staring at me in a way he has never looked at me before. I'm thinking to myself this is odd, he says nothing, I'm thinking it must be my imagination, or he's staring because I'm looking good and sooo much younger. Finished my Dr.'s appt, stepped in to the restroom before leaving the office looked in the mirror and stopped dead in my tracks. I was mortified. My face was a greasy shiny mess, my pores were humongous pools of oil, craters, the light reflective value of my face was enormous like a sheet of tin foil. No wonder my doctor was staring at me. What does one say in a situation like that? Powder, blotting tissue, paper towel, what's wrong with your face? Went from hot to not, unless you're thinking of the sweaty kind. I swear my pores were magnified 10X, you could have dived in to those suckers.

Later on my face broke out in little bumps. Through the process of elimination I tried to find the culprit that caused me to break out. At first I assumed it was the minerals ** which I never used again** but no matter what product I eliminated I continued to break out. In the end I stopped using everything and my skin started to clear up immediately.

Called Sheer Cover to cancel my automatic shipment, they were polite enough and offered to send me a primer or toner to which would help with pores. I politely declined. If they wish, perhaps they could send me some money for Therapy.....lol!

P.S. I gave it 2 lippies because the concealer wasn't bad.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by iloveyourstory

Well this powder was a massive disappointment! Why do we keep falling for these infomercials? I wonder how much they paid Leeza Gibbons. This stuff is very pricey ($70) and is crap. I think the whole mineral makeup thing is just a ploy to lure naive young women in with false advertisement. This is the same company that produces Pro Activ (shudder). The whole thing is shady and cheap, from the brushes to the lip gloss. I will stick to Shiseido and forget this over-marketed hype of mineral foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all price was decent $30 introductory for about 7-10 products. The packaging was awesom, neat and organized (as a matter of fact I'm not returning it because I liked the makeup bag and tray so much).

Customer Service was friendly and they had no problem cancelling the automatic shipments. She offered some other suggestions and after I turned them down she more than happily cancelled.

Now onto the coverage and quality. First of all if you have dry skin you defenitely will need to use a moisturizer or primer immediately before or the product with not stick. The brushes bristles do fall out and are sort of scratchy. There is no finishing veil in the kit and there really should be. I used the concealer on my dark red acne scars and I'm light complected so they are hard to cover. It did okay and once I put on foundation and used a veil I already I had I thought I looked pretty good. Then I did what I call my "car mirror test" care mirrors show every single imperfection with makeup I swear! I looked decent, not wowed but pretty good. Went to work and at about mid day I looked in the mirror and was horrified, my pores were huge looking and the product had settled into them tremendously! Also I could see the concealer blotched all over and not nearly as blended as it should have been. My skin was oily mid day too. Pretty sure I won't by this again...

P.S. It took 3 weeks for this product to come in and in the mean time a friend suggested a product to me that I fell in love with...perhaps they should have gotten in to me quicker and I'd still be trying to give this a chance.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by megan1309

This foundation feels great on.. It's so smooth. However it's expensive and it only gives light coverage. I use it when my face is free of breakouts and when I want that flawless look. So this product has pros and cons. I would probably not buy it again just because its expensive and I don't wear it much.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2010 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Pooja37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product! Living in a hot country like India, it's difficult to apply any sort of foundation make up - liquid or otherwise... matter of fact I've avoided using make up for 10 years. Then I got Sheercover and it is just fabulous... I have naturally good skin tone but I found that during my pregnancy, my skin had these wierd patches and with the help of sheercover I look absolutely great (even if I say so myself ha!) The biggest plus for me is that even if you sweat which is sort of inevitable in our hot summers, sheercover stays on, looks great and does not run or clog pores the way other foundations tend to do! I would definitely recommend it and continue using it for that glamorous air brushed look it gives me... surely worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Leezalisa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using Sheer Cover for about five years now. I first tried Bare Minerals before I had ever heard of Sheer Cover, but the lightest color they offered at the time made my face look sort of a teracotta color. I sent it back immediate (Maybe now they have a light enough color available, but I'm happy with what I'm using). Then I found Sheer Cover. I have a lot to cover on my face. I have lupus and there is always a red rash across my cheeks and nose. When I have a flare, it's much worse, very bright, and I finally found something to cover it. It does take a bit of the concealer, and I use it all over my cheeks and nose, as well as a dab on my chin and under my nose. I have extremely pale skin otherwise, and for those who think it doesn't come in a color light enough for their complexion, ask for the extra light. I first started out with the light kit, and like others have said, that was too dark for me. I use the frost color most of the time. In the summertime, when I self-tan, I add some nude. Even with the self-tan, I'm never very dark. I couldn't live without Sheer Cover. As far as the brush, some say it's prickly. If you wash it once a week, it will stay soft. I wash it with a moisturzing shampoo and let it air dry. I have to say I'm not a fan of the cleanser; it seems a bit greasy to me. And the moisturizer is okay for summertime, but too light for wintertime. The packaging is okay. Sometimes it sticks and is hard to close when make-up gets built-up in the ridges. Just wash the lid and make sure it's very dry before you put it back on. I always keep an old container to mix my shades so I don't need to mix daily.