October 22, 2014 | 948 users online

Bronzers - Tarte - Park Avenue Princess

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by vespa1974

For years I thought Nars Laguna was the best bronzer, but I was amazed at how much better this is. I'm very pale and this does the job without being as obvious. I guess it is just a much better match for my skin tone. Love, love, love.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 12:24:00 AM More reviews by aspenskimommy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not the type to wear a bronzer, but on a recent trip to Sephora to find a new foundation I was told that I should buy a shade darker to match the rest of my body *I'm an SPF freak, I do not want wrinkles on my face* to that I replied winter is coming, I think I'll stick to the fair shade. Then she told me I should think about trying a bronzer. I caved and asked for her to show me a good one... Park Avenue Princess obsession was born.
I have a natural glow all of the time. I adore this product and I am willing to say that this is a HG product (the only other one I'm willing to give HG status to is my Shu Uemura eyelash curler).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2010 10:00:00 AM More reviews by iuhooch625

I regularly use NARS Laguna bronzer, which is one of my favorites, but after a vacation this summer I'm looking a bit too tan for my Laguna bronzer. I wanted something darker, and this seems to be a good fit. It reminds me of NARS Laguna, except darker and more shimmery. Be careful not to go overboard with the application though, a little bit goes a long way. The amount of shimmer looks bad if you apply too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2010 2:17:00 PM More reviews by fleetgoddess21

This is a really beautiful bronzer. I got mine in the Tarte Treasure chest 2009. It is quite shimmery so I tend to not use it for contouring, but I love to give my face great wash of this on my forehead, cheekbones, nose, chin, neck, etc. It's very pigmented so you have to watch how much you pick up on your brush. But the glow it gives you is simply wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2010 5:21:00 PM More reviews by mellypmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this bronzer!!! I must say, I don't use it enough because mine is in the Tart 2009 holiday collection jewel box... So I can't take it everywhere with me. But about the product, it goes on soooo smooth, very easy to blend and a little goes a long way. It's very pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by lulabellabeauty

This is def. my HG of bronzers! Beautiful golden bronze color with absoulutely no orange undertones! It also has no pink which is perfect for us warm undertoned girls! It has yellow undertones hence the golden color! And it isn't over the top brown, more golden so its subtle believable beautiful bronzed glowing skin!! I do think it is a bit on the shimmery side, but overall beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by bluenote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a travel size of this and it is HG material. It doesn't cause me to break out because it has no talc. It also gives me a believable rosy-bronze glow. I look so much better in the morning after a swipe of this. Would cry if ever discontinued. Buy it for contouring, for bronzing, for people who don't like blush but need some color. For reference I am NC30/C20

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is now my all-time favorite bronzer. I am NC20 w/yellow undertones & this is the most lovely bronzer I've ever seen. It seems to have a *yellow* undertone, rather than the usual peach or pink that most bronzers have. There is NO peach or pink with this one ... just the most elegant light, natural bronze with an incredibly subtle golden glow. The barely-there golden sheen is the icing on the cake with this one. It really looks like bronzer with the lightest possible application of NARS Albatross on top. It's that type of gold - but not OTT at all. Really, no one's going to stop you & ask about the gold on your face because it's just a fairy-light golden effect. This gem lives up to the hype.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2010 5:32:00 PM More reviews by cherylmeehan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Provides a nice glow. Not too orangey. This was sold out Sephora for a while so I bought NARS Laguna at the suggestion of the sales clerk. I returned it and bought Park Avenue Princess when it was available.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by kimberlyball

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I put that I wouldn't buy this again, but this is my second pan of it. I am still undecided if I actually like it or not. I got it because the Sephora MA said it was a best seller and that it it is really beautiful on. My first impression was that it was going to be way too light for my Armani Luminous Silk 6.5 skin and darker in summer, but thought I'd give it a try. I've used Tarte's cheek stains before in blushing bride and hated everything about it so I had my doubts about the brand. Decided I'd use it up and not repurchase, but then I started getting tons of compliments on my skin with strangers and friends alike asking what I was using. Good sign. So I finished it up and bought another...and it's sat there ever since. I don't like how it accentuates my pores. It definitely doesn't bronze...just gives a nice rosey gold glow. I'll use it up to get rid of it, but won't repurchase again. BTW packaging is ugly and gets dirty easily.