Tarte Park Avenue Princess

4.2

Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Zinc Stearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Corn Starch, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Dimethicone, Triethylhexanoin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Phenoxyethanol, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Mica. ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Tin Oxide (CI 77861).

on 1/14/2011 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the PERFECT winter bronzer for ladies with fair skin! It is a really pretty, golden light-bronze. It adds a nice glow to my pasty winter complexion, and I wear it pretty much everyday despite having dozens of bronzers. It's nice because it adds life to your skin without making you look like you are wearing bronzer, know what I mean? It has a nice sheen, but no glitter. I will keep using this as long as they make it!

on 1/2/2011 9:04:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I've never been much of a bronzer girl - I am very fair and usually bronzer is a big Heck No for me. However, I got this product in a Tarte gift pack for Christmas and I absolutely love it. I've been wearing it almost everyday since I got it. It isn't orange or fake-looking; it just adds a subtle warmth to my features. It isn't too shimmery either so it's perfect for day or night.

I would recommend this product to girls who haven't dabbled in bronzers before (me), haven't found a bronzer that worked for them or looked natural, or for someone who is looking to try Tarte products for the first time.

I have used Tarte products before (mainly lip) and haven't loved them, but this bronzer has made be rethink the line.

My only critique is that there isn't much product for the price.

on 12/22/2010 2:19:00 PM

This is a shimmery all natural mineral bronzer. I noticed it performs best on bare skin. The texture is divine-soft and easy to blend. It is not noticeably too orange but the shade can be improved upon. On the sephora site they describe the shade as a highly pearled light yellow gold. I see the gold but it mainly appears rusty to me with A LOT of shimmer AND glitter..Its pretty when applied subtly, but I lost it recently and found I don't really miss it.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I am not really a bronzer girl, but I'm starting to experiment with it and learning how to contour. Since I have medium-tan skintone, I never felt the need to use bronzer, but it adds a nice glow in the wintertime. I received this as a deluxe sample with my recent order from Tarte and decided to give it a try. I really like this shade. It's not super unnaturally dark or orange like alot of bronzer. It's nice and natural and blends well. Great product.

on 11/3/2010 1:00:00 PM

If you are tired of the orangey, muddy bronzers out there, take a ride on the Tarte train. Park Avenue Princess delivers with a gorgeous golden sheen of light shimmer. It really gives my skin that finishing touch. The shimmer is not over the top, so no worries about appearing like a glitter ball on prom night. My all time fave bronzer is EL's bronzer though so prob won't repurchase this one.

on 10/14/2010 6:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I got this in one of tarte's sets. Mind you I was never one for bronzers and I had absolutely no clue how to use it. After watching a few YouTube videos recently on contouring I decided to give it a go. I was worried as it has few sparkles in it but after application the sparkles were not visible at all. It appears very natural on my skin.
Like others have said the
product alone is quite pricey but I'll definitely repurchase it in a set

on 9/26/2010 1:53:00 PM

This is a great bronzer (although the price semi hurt my heart because it was dim in the store and I couldn't tell if I loved it- the girl highly recommended it though). I got it home and it is fantastic. I'm a pale girl and this looks natural (a bit shimmery) and a little will definitely go a long way!

I tap my brush in once and do half my face with that, then repeat for the other side.

on 9/10/2010 1:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Take my review with a grain of salt since I just purchased an arsenal of makeup for the first time since I was 18 so my expertise is limited. That said, I do know that I am used to seeing my face without anything on it so I only picked products that allow me to just look BETTER, not made up. A SA at Sephora put this on and I took it home, expecting to possibly hate it in natural light or to not know how to apply it myself but I love it.

Like a previous reviewer said, a little goes a LONG way. I just tapped my brush into the bronzer and tapped off any excess and just did this a couple of times and I looked healthy and sun-kissed. Considering I can hardly believe I paid $30 for bronzer, it better last me.

Also, as lullabellabeauty said, it is definitely the perfect color for warm skin tones. And I agree with her that it is definitely a bit on the shimmery side but I like it, maybe in winter a more matte bronzer would be better.

on 9/4/2010 7:01:00 PM

For years I thought Nars Laguna was the best bronzer, but I was amazed at how much better this is. I'm very pale and this does the job without being as obvious. I guess it is just a much better match for my skin tone. Love, love, love.

on 7/23/2010 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm not the type to wear a bronzer, but on a recent trip to Sephora to find a new foundation I was told that I should buy a shade darker to match the rest of my body *I'm an SPF freak, I do not want wrinkles on my face* to that I replied winter is coming, I think I'll stick to the fair shade. Then she told me I should think about trying a bronzer. I caved and asked for her to show me a good one... Park Avenue Princess obsession was born.
I have a natural glow all of the time. I adore this product and I am willing to say that this is a HG product (the only other one I'm willing to give HG status to is my Shu Uemura eyelash curler).

Popular Bronzers