April 19, 2014 | 1710 users online

Cleansers - Fresh - Soy Face Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 7:43:00 AM More reviews by redcloud75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday cleanser, and I was a massive fan. It cleansed my skin well without stripping it, removed my eye makeup without stinging, smelled nice and was all around a happy thing. Since I've moved to a desert climate, I find it a little drying - even with my oily, acne prone skin! It's probably the tap water here. Even so, I've changed my moisturizer and that has helped. I still love this product, but I'm using it only at night. I'm trying out different, more emollient but still oil-free cleansers for the morning ... Still looking for the HG cleanser...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2011 2:28:00 AM More reviews by Juicynerd

**Okay I have acne prone skin. I'm Italian, very oily acne-prone skin like I said, but sometimes I can get dry too. This product is NOT intended to 'clear breakouts'. This product is intended to nourish your skin while cleansing, reduce discoloration, such as redness and tone and overall soothe your skin as it says on the bottle. IF you want to tame your pimples, which I have been trying to do since I was 9 years old, you HAVE to use other products with this one that are going to #1 exfoliate and #2 moisturize #3 OCCASIONALLY dry out your skin with a mask formulated for acne-prone skin. I would recommend Mario Badescu 'Special Mask for Oily Skin'. Even though 'Fresh Soy Face Cleanser' is NOT necessarily FOR acne, when used in combination with other products it will completely benefit your skin! My skin tone is evening out and becoming much more healthier looking! I couldn't be more excited to continue to use this wash and see the results. I have been using it for about 3 weeks now and I see a HUGE improvement, but like I said you have got to use other products to combat the acne. Basically, using products formulated solely for acne will strip your skin and you have got to be careful because that will cause premature aging, redness and dryness. And another thing, the SMELL and the TINGLE are not going to necessarily be GOOD for your SKIN. There has to be fragrance for you to "absolutely LOVE the smell" of a product and that fragrance is probably going to irritate your skin, especially if you are acne-prone or sensitive. It's going to take more than one cleanser to rid you of acne and this one is an A+. I wish you luck ladies!!!! <3

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Caligallola

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was just an ok cleanser that didn't make my skin feel tight after washing. No breakouts, didn't remove mascara (non waterproof) like it states on back label. Nothing special especially being $15.00 for 1.7 oz. I am not sensitive to scents but, didn't find this great smelling. This cleanser was just ok. I take my make off with a makeup remover wipe prior to cleansing my face and didn't like to still use eye make up remover to remove the mascara left on my skin after I washed my face with this. I will not repurchase for reasons stated above I think there are better cleansers out there for that price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Jenlovesmac03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was excited to try this cleanser out seeing so many positive reviews, and it has greatly disappointed me. Let's start off with the price, it's $15.00 for a small tube at Sephora, and in my opinion for what this does is not worth the price. It does leave my face feeling somewhat clean and soft but I agree with the others that say it doesn't get the job done, I don't feel the tingle or anything after using this and quite frankly I haven't noticed that this has done anything to clear up my face over the few weeks I've been using it. So I will not be re-purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by NikkiAlexandra

This is a great daily cleanser! It's not drying and it leaves my skin feeling clean. It does not lather much at all. But if that isn't a concern for you then this is a go. At first it smells sort of....different. Like wheat and rice or oatmeal. I'm VERY picky when it comes to scent and the scent of this product does not bother me because it fades away moments after you use it. The Soy cleanser has pushed my Aveeno to second place because it has MORE Soy and natural ingredients which I like :-).

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by ulia032

Breaks me out and dries out skin. Doesn't remove makeup well. Very disappointed... For those with acne prone skin I would recommend Neutrogena acne stress control foaming cleanser and if you want something that is good for removing makeup and isn't drying, Purpose gentle cleansing wash is amazing. Both are way better than Fresh soy face cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 6:26:00 AM More reviews by citizendumonde

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My HG: this is absolutely the most pampering, gentle cleanser and is a dream for eye makeup removal. The ingredients are all natural. My mother and boyfriend have both told me that my skin smells nice when they go in for the kiss on the cheek =)

The trick (answering to some complaints) is to use it in conjunction with a microfiber towelette instead of just trying to rinse it off.

Right now I am "rationing" the last little bit because unfortunately Fresh doesn't ship abroad and I just tried out Vichy 3-in-1 (slight disaster). My related lament is that I can go through an entire tube in less than a month. It's not a lathering product, so a little does *not* go a long way. But when I get back to the US, there will be no other cleanser for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by nette92

If you really think that this cleaned your makeup off, try another random makeup oil/cleanser and you'll be amazed at how much is still on your face. This doesn't clean your face, at all. It may remove the surface makeup, but it doesn't get into your face and it doesn't clean the traces left. I could bare the smell if it worked, but it doesn't and thats just another negative. 2 lippies just because it was true to it's name "extra gentle." So gentle, that it doesn't do anything. Thankfully this was just a sample. Don't waste your money, it's not going to clean your face.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by 4makeupreviews

If you don't mind the smell of this cleanser, it is very gentle and removes makeup well. I really can't stand the smell though (smells like incredibly strong cucumber), so I definitely won't re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by victoriasinger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product has been baffling me.

I love how GENTLE it is. but, sometimes i feel it is not strong enough to do the job right.

The scent is weird.. but tolerable. It smells like fresh cucumbers which i like as opposed to a highly floral fake scent.

The price is too high.

It does not break me out, which is good, though!

Overall, this is an okay cleanser. Not mind-blowing.