October 22, 2014 | 2073 users online

Cleansers - Fresh - Soy Face Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by peepeepod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a packet sample of this from Sephora, being that I LOVE Fresh products, I thought I'd automatically love this too. Well, I was wrong..I really didnt like this whatsoever. The smell is overpowering and reminds me of a jar of dill pickles, I love pickles but not to wash my face with them...

It has no lather, which is ok....supposedly lather is drying although I prefer my tried and true HG oil of olay foaming facial cleaners to this. On top of the awful spell and consistency, I didnt even feel that it was doing a good job at cleaning off my makeup and other gunk on my face from the entire day.

I'll have to pass on this one...

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by missmgb

I got the travel size in beauty to go at Sephora. I heard such good things about it and thought I would give it a try. I have never had acne, only a couple zits here and there and the occasional breakout. I got a few zits on my cheeks a couple days after trying it and thought it was normal after switching cleansers. They weren't that big so I was not alarmed. Four days after using this cleanser, I full on broke out, at least 10 zits in very close proximity to each other, all over my chin. I have never had this many zits at a time, let alone piled so closely together. On top of the breakout, it smells awful and it does not foam or lather and it does not feel like it is cleaning my face. It felt tight and dry afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by sarahalthea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best cleanser ever! It takes off my makeup without drying!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by ashestoamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an effective yet gentle cleanser with a gel/cream texture that is very similar to Cetaphil. It comes in a practical white plastic tube. I like that it stands on the lid so you can get every last bit of cleanser out of the tube. I wish the white plastic used was slightly less opaque. I can never see how much is left. This generally results in squirting out the last of the cleanser and then immediately having to go buy a replacement.

I use this at night to remove makeup. I cleanse once to get off all my makeup. It effectively removes waterproof mascara and eyeliner as well as long wearing foundation set with Urban Decay's All Nighter Spray.

I cleanse a second time using this cleanser and the Clarisonic to really get my skin clean. The texture of this cleanser is perfect for using with the Clarisonic. It is a non foaming cleanser that won't strip skin. It actually leaves my skin feeling clean but slightly moisturized. I find I get the best results if I apply this to the brush head and then use the brush head to cleanse, rather than putting the cleanser on my face and going over it with the Clarisonic.

The cucmberesque smell of this cleanser was strange at first, but I have gotten used to it. I now love the smell. It is one of the best things about this cleanser. All in all this cleanser is great for my normal skin that can occasionally be sensitive or acne prone. It feels refreshing in the summer and soothing in the winter. this is a great basic cleanser, especially for those looking for a cruelty-free, plant-based alternative to Cetaphil.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by EvilyKyoko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because I wanted to improve my skincare routine. I have dry skin, and I get zits on my forehead only, but whenever I get a zit it always leaves a scar. This says recommended for all skin types, and claims to be a soap-free cleanser.
The cleanser smells kind of like cucumbers mixed with something else I can't quite identify. I like the smell, but some people probably wouldnt.
As for how effective it is: It doesn't remove ALL my makeup all the time, but I use pretty industrial-strength makeup, so I still give it credit. My face never feels like there's any residue after i clean with this. I havent been breaking out as often lately, but i still get the occasional zit. I do still have to moisturize my skin after using this. (By the way, I've been using this about a month now)
all in all, my skin feels pretty healthy, but as for preventing breakouts or moisturizing the skin i'd give it a 4 out of 5. I'd still recommend trying this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by shanoni

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

(Overview):
I like this cleanser a lot. When used in combination with my other products, it's been effective in preventing the large breakouts to which I'd been accustomed. I'm not currently using it because I'm testing, and finishing, another less expensive but comparable option (Neutrogena Naturals). However, I'm definitely considering re-purchasing the next time I visit a Sephora.

(Length of use):
almost a year, before my current cleanser.

(Effectiveness):
A mild cleanser. I used on my eye area without problems. Does an good job of cleaning away most dirt and makeup, meaning that, while it doesn't leave my face squeaky clean, it does take off most of the everyday dirt and makeup. This level of cleansing is acceptable to me, as my toner usually does the rest. (I judge how well it cleans my face by seeing how much dirt/grime is left over on a cotton pad after using toner...usually there's something with any mild cleanser I use)

There seemed to be no problems removing my foundation, blush, and eyeshadow. Did not remove my mascara (once a Shiseido one, another time generic Sephora).

(Side effects):
It hasn't dried my skin out, and I feel no residue left over after rinsing. Used by itself, it will not prevent my usual break-outs. But used in combination with my other three products (toner, moisturizer, Persagel), I haven't had a major breakout it almost a year, which is big for me...

(Feel):
To me, pleasant. It has the already-mentioned gel-like texture and reminds me a little of Cetaphil. Does not lather, as others already mentioned, which I do not mind.

Light cucumber scent seems pleasant to me.

(My regimen):
A glycolic toner, followed by moisturizer and Persagel (for spot treatment of any potential breakouts)

(My skin type):
Combination to very oily (when indoors for a long time)..depends on the weather. Tendency to break out with large cystic acne if I don't follow my usual regimen.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by jimp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great product! A good value too. This is not soap based which is a good thing, versus some of the other cleansers out there like Chanel / SKII. It has a natural / home made feel to it, not chemical or medicinal. Extra gentle but is effective at cleansing.

After shaving or scrubbing your skin this product feels amazing. If your looking for a cleanser that will somehow anti-age your skin with the few minutes you have it on your skin, this is not the product (if any exist.) This is an enjoyable / effective product to cleanse.

Revive's Cleanser Gentil Gelee comes second.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 7:43:00 AM More reviews by redcloud75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday cleanser, and I was a massive fan. It cleansed my skin well without stripping it, removed my eye makeup without stinging, smelled nice and was all around a happy thing. Since I've moved to a desert climate, I find it a little drying - even with my oily, acne prone skin! It's probably the tap water here. Even so, I've changed my moisturizer and that has helped. I still love this product, but I'm using it only at night. I'm trying out different, more emollient but still oil-free cleansers for the morning ... Still looking for the HG cleanser...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2011 2:28:00 AM More reviews by Juicynerd

**Okay I have acne prone skin. I'm Italian, very oily acne-prone skin like I said, but sometimes I can get dry too. This product is NOT intended to 'clear breakouts'. This product is intended to nourish your skin while cleansing, reduce discoloration, such as redness and tone and overall soothe your skin as it says on the bottle. IF you want to tame your pimples, which I have been trying to do since I was 9 years old, you HAVE to use other products with this one that are going to #1 exfoliate and #2 moisturize #3 OCCASIONALLY dry out your skin with a mask formulated for acne-prone skin. I would recommend Mario Badescu 'Special Mask for Oily Skin'. Even though 'Fresh Soy Face Cleanser' is NOT necessarily FOR acne, when used in combination with other products it will completely benefit your skin! My skin tone is evening out and becoming much more healthier looking! I couldn't be more excited to continue to use this wash and see the results. I have been using it for about 3 weeks now and I see a HUGE improvement, but like I said you have got to use other products to combat the acne. Basically, using products formulated solely for acne will strip your skin and you have got to be careful because that will cause premature aging, redness and dryness. And another thing, the SMELL and the TINGLE are not going to necessarily be GOOD for your SKIN. There has to be fragrance for you to "absolutely LOVE the smell" of a product and that fragrance is probably going to irritate your skin, especially if you are acne-prone or sensitive. It's going to take more than one cleanser to rid you of acne and this one is an A+. I wish you luck ladies!!!! <3

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Caligallola

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was just an ok cleanser that didn't make my skin feel tight after washing. No breakouts, didn't remove mascara (non waterproof) like it states on back label. Nothing special especially being $15.00 for 1.7 oz. I am not sensitive to scents but, didn't find this great smelling. This cleanser was just ok. I take my make off with a makeup remover wipe prior to cleansing my face and didn't like to still use eye make up remover to remove the mascara left on my skin after I washed my face with this. I will not repurchase for reasons stated above I think there are better cleansers out there for that price.