Fresh Soy Face Cleanser

3.7

Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Flower Water, Coco Glucoside, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Xanthan Gum, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Germ Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Rose Flower Oil, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Aloe Ferox Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Peg-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Methylparaben, Sodium Propylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Peg-35 Castor Oil, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, BHA, BHT.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to like this product, but it made me break out all over my forehead. This cleanser claims to be gentle but I highly doubt it... it has some nice ingredients but also a lot of nasty ones. My drugstore cleanser works better on my sensitive skin. I'm just glad I bought the small size.

on 1/23/2013 10:15:00 PM

I have pale, sensitive, combination (dry cheeks, oily chin and nose) skin. This works pretty well for me. It's not only not irritating, but I can actually feel it calm my skin. The scent is raw cut cucumber, which may put some people off (because it's not a traditional "clean" or "sweet" scent), but I actually like it. It has a similar consistency to Cetaphil, but without all of the irritating SLS. I also notice that I haven't gotten any large pimples since I started using this. I get a few (1-3) tiny, pin-prick sized pimples near my period, but that's pretty much it. It's not drying, but I still need a moisturizer after. The only "downside" is that it only partially removes makeup, HOWEVER, I'd rather take the extra step than have a cleanser that's too harsh. Overall, I'd say it's my HG.

Update: This slowly irritated and dried out my skin. I prefer First Aid Beaut's cleanser at half the price.

2nd Update: FAB's cleanser didn't work out so well either. I think it might be the aloe that is drying my skin out.

on 1/22/2013 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

At first, I really liked this product. I liked that it foamed up a little bit, (whereas Cetaphil doesn't foam up at all). And I love the soft residue it leaves on my face. It makes my face feel softer and cleaner after using just a dime sized drop. HOWEVER, upon looking this product up at EWG, there are TONS of really BAD ingredients in here including all sorts of paraben and BHA. It's rated a 8/10 for dangerousness. Though I don't get negative skin reactions from these ingredients, I would prefer to stay away from using those ingredients on my face on a daily basis, especially if it costs an arm and a leg for this product. Will definitely not be buying this product again.

on 1/5/2013 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I have been using this cleanser for a week now. Overall, I think it's a pretty nice, natural, gentle cleanser. I have very sensitive skin as well as an monthly acne flare ups. This cleanser is not a "treatment" cleanser. However, it has not aggravated my acne as some cleansers can do. It is a bit on the pricey side but so far so good...I may possibly repurchase but will definitely have to think more about it as $38 is a bit much for a cleanser.

on 1/5/2013 2:01:00 PM

boo. i think fresh is way overrated + overpriced. 2 stars for not giving my sensitive skin a reaction, but besides that, it makes my skin feel tight. light scent.

on 12/17/2012 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Me: young 20 year old with sensitive skin, prone to oily skin, enlarged pores, some milia type acne, whiteheads (only with bad diet). :P

I believe I got introduced to this a year ago, and I have been using it religiously for 8-10 months, if not more. I used to use it twice a day, but it's expensive for a student like me. It's $44 in Canadian Sephora stores, and I haven't found anyplace else here in Vancouver that sells Fresh products. Currently I rinse my face in the morning with just water, or unscented dove soap and use this at nights or the days when I wear make-up.

If you have sensitive skin like me which gets flushed red (cheeks) at certain times of the year (winter) or gets blotchy and get not tolerate the most gentle of cleansers (Cetaphil, CeraVe), then you will like this. It does not make me break-out (many things will). I really like this for the fact that it takes off all of my make-up. I did like CeraVe's cleanser, and the consistency was the same as it but the differing factor is the Fresh' will take off all of my pressed powder, mascara and eye liner (kajal). It is gentle enough to use on eyes and if you move your hands in circular motions around them, the make-up will come off very quickly. I especially like this because I don't like using cotton pads or wipes because rubbing your eyes or pulling at them is not good!

This cleanser has a gel-like consistency and smells very Fresh! (no pun intended). It does foam, but it's not excessive because it doesn't have SLS. So if you're one of those people who love foaming cleansers, you may not like this...but for people who have sensitive skin and have tried all of those "gentle" cleansers, you just might. This is a "natural" product that did just what it claimed. I asked the Sephora employee and she said that this is probably the most gentle cleanser they have.

*Tip* I gave the packaging a 5 because some cleansers come in hard containers, and there is still product left inside even when it's "finished." What I do is when nothing comes out, I cut it into 2 or 3 parts and I can easily get 2 or 3 more washes with it!

on 12/10/2012 4:03:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I don't know why I haven't repurchased this yet. I'm always on the hunt for new (better) cleansers and using this was one of the few times I remember being pretty damn satisfied with both performance and overall effect on my skin. At $15 for 1.7oz or $38 for 5oz, I guess the ridiculously high price tag has been putting me off -- I keep thinking I'll find something equally effective for less. But I do love this product, no frills or gimmicks (mostly), just a good basic cleanser that removes all traces of makeup and oil without stripping my skin, leaves it feeling silky and hydrated, and seemed to have improved the overall tone and texture of my uneven combination skin. Sometimes I wish it lathered but it massages over skin easily and does the job well. As lots have mentioned, there is a particular smell that took a couple uses to get accustomed to but none of the scent lingers afterward.

on 12/9/2012 10:35:00 AM

I never understood the hype over this product when I used to work at sephora but about 5 years later my skin has changed. I'm 27 now and I am more dry than ever partially from retinol. Loving this cleanser now! I received a sample and after I cleanse my skin feels hydrated and glowy! Even though its a gel I feel like I can get a slight lather. It smells super fresh and cucumbery but it's not overwhelmingly frangranced at all. I believe its the amino acids and meadowfoam seed oil that prevents that tight/dry over cleansed feeling. I can go right over my eyes with this and it whisks away my eye make up. This is a great staple I actually look forward to cleansing my face.

on 12/2/2012 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

Weird smell that went away quickly. I don't find it any better than my Trader Joe's face soap. I wouldn't buy it again.

on 11/25/2012 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is the perfect mild cleanser for sensitive or dry skin, I use this as my winter cleanser with my clarasonic. Between the two, no more tight itchy feeling!