April 16, 2014 | 1183 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Total Effects Anti Aging Anti Blemish Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2007 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Myfugitive

I bought this cleanser when my heavy anti-age creams were breaking my combination out...nothing major, but annoying all the same. I've used thia for around 2 weeks, along with Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Age and Anti-Blemish Clear Skin Cream, and I have noticed significant improvement already.
This cleanser has a slight grainy, scrub feel to me, so you get the benefit of mild exfoliation when you cleanse.
And although this has acne medication in it, it does not dry my skin out at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2007 9:31:00 PM More reviews by huiwen86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've noticed a slight improvement in my skin after using Olay. The pores are much smaller, and my skin definitely feels much smoother and softer. There are a lot less pimples, and it does not dry out my skin, even if I couple it with strong anti-acne products such as Oxy10.

I'm really happy with the price. I've been spending a few years using only Biotherm on my skin, so I'm pleasantly surprised that Olay surpasses Biotherm in keeping my skin in tip-top condition.

One thing that I don't like about the Olay Anti Blemish compared to the usual Total Effects is the scent.

However, at the moment, using it with Olay Complete moisturizer, and St Ives exfoliating scrub does the job. I don't wear make-up (anymore), and I don't need to either! Yay for Olay!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2007 3:57:00 PM More reviews by melissa1979

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have used this product for a while and it does work but what i just found out is that if u wear good make up like mac it doesnt wash it all off after you use it try and wipe ur face off on a dry wash cloth or towel and you can see it didnt take it all off so i have changed for now to aveeno

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2007 3:13:00 PM More reviews by BellaNova

First off let me say that I am a skin care junkie. I have spent thousands and thousands on top of the line skincare, so imagine my surprise when a drugstore cleanser became my holy grail of all cleansers? (Even over my $50 cleanser from Sephora and so on...)

When I use this cleanser, in conjunction with Olay Regenerist Thermal Skin Polisher, my skin is baby butt smooth! It's so soft and free of breakouts (my #1 enemy). Unlike other acne face washes, this does not leave my face dry!

I use this in the morning and Olay Regenerist Thermal skin polisher at night and BOY that combo of face washes cannot be beat...even by insanely more expensive face cleansers! I will buy this face wash as long as they make it :) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2007 9:40:00 AM More reviews by fqari84

I have 3 favorite cleansers, 1) Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser, 2) Olay Total Effects Anti Aging Anti Blemish Cleanser 3) Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser (yellow in dispenser)....in that particular order! I've tried tons of cleansers and the top 2 have worked best for my oily/combination zit-prone skin and my visible, dirt-trapping pores. I like the salicylic acid, it's the ingredient to look for when looking for something to effective cleanse out and refine the pores. I use the moisturizer as well...only for night-time though as it contains no SPF :(
anyways, great cleanser, cheap, and it works....great for oily or combination skin and large pores or acne prone skin, a big plus is that it has anti-aging properties...i also find that it doesn't leave my skin feeling tight like other anti-acne face washes/cleansers, which is awesome! will re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2007 8:43:00 PM More reviews by flatula

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the first ance-targeted cleansers I've tried that didn't completely dry my face out. I use it in the mornings and my face feels so smooth afterwards. My acne has cleared up a bit, not dramatically, but any improvement is always a plus. I recommend using an exfoliating cleanser in place of this at least once a week.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2007 11:18:00 PM More reviews by prettiesnow

I love this cleanser! I have only been using it for 3 days but my skin has looked so much better than the past few weeks. First of all, it doesn't foams, so it doesn't strips my skin of moisture, leaving it soft and supple. Secondly, it contains this little grains which can gently exfoliate the skin, no more flakings on my skin! I don't experience any film left behind on the face, I'm quite used to that feeling cuz a couple of facial wash I used before left a film on the face and I actually like this film effect cuz it's quite moisturising. I realised I stopped having pimples these 3 days I was using it (every day I will have a new zit somewhere in the past) and my skin texture is smooth, no dehydrated lines and really soft! I always double cleanse my face with a make up remover before using facial cleanser, so I'm not that concerned of it's ability to remove make up. Overall, I'm really please with this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2007 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this cleanser for the past couple years and really like how smooth the BHA leaves my skin without stripping it and drying it out. It seems to help minimize my pores and the little scrubbies are so small that they are hardly worth mentioning. I first picked up a tube of this in Thailand, where it's just called Total Effects Anti-Aging Cleanser (don't know why they don't advertise the AntiBlemish part). I actually liked that version better because it came unscented, which I wish they would do here in the U.S.

The ingredients in this are the exact same as Olay's Age Defying cleanser, so I wrote them asking them what the percentage of salicylic acid is in that, and they said that the info. is confidential. Okay... they clearly have listed on the Anti-Aging/Anti-Blemish packaging that they use 2% salicylic acid, so why would it all of a sudden be some big secret when it comes to the Age Defying? Whatever. I'm gonna stick with this because it works for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2007 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Tegwen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like the cleanser a lot, but ONLY as a morning one. It doesn't remove makeup very well, but for a gentle morning cleansing, this gets the job done. I have normal skin with stressed induced breakouts. I'm not too sure at how well of a job this does as clearing up breakouts, but it definitely doesn't add to the problem at all. I plan on purchasing again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2007 3:42:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I bought this product when I had totally run out of cleanser, and this was the only one available. I had a few blemishes at the time, caused by a foundation, so I thought that this cleanser can only be good for my skin. How wrong I was. My skin not only dried out, it became super-flaky but also broke out more! I think the reason for this breakout was because the cleanser doesnít remove makeup properly. I used some Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2 after cleansing with the Olay product and there was so much makeup left on the cotton pad that I was shocked. If a cleanser canít cleanse, then it is useless! It is a pleasant creamy-feeling cleanser that doesnít foam, and has tiny scrub particles, but it isnít suitable for removing makeup. It isnít worth repurchasing as I need something that works!