October 22, 2014 | 1811 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Semi-Matte Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 2:19:00 AM More reviews by miafrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i have been using many other mineral companys for years but this is now my hg!!!! yay finally. i tried this a few years ago and didnt give it a fair chance. when you order the sample kits you get one of each finish so its hard to tell if you like the right color/finish combo. this time i went ahead and orderd a full size of golden med semi-matte and it is fabuolous. the color is the same as BEs golden med but the formula is better. it feels so light on the skin, goes on evenly, covers very well, stays on for sooooo long and somehow keeps my skin from looking oily. the new rotating sifting jar is great and has small holes so it doesnt pour out and the container is flat which makes it easier to travel with. everyday minerals is a vegan company and i reccomend all of their products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by sweetshiningstar

*Simply the most natural formulation.* Even for combo/oily skin. *The most BUILDABLE*- actually providing better coverage for me than the intensive.

I have oily/combination skin and when I got the sample kit my color (Golden Medium) came in this formulation, but I thought that I needed heavier coverage so I ordered a sample Intensive, then I thought, well, I LOVE matte, so I'll order the matte too, just in case.

Well, I started from Intensive and worked my way down the list from there (Intensive, Matte, Semi, O-Glo I refuse to try, haha). The first day I thought Intensive looked fine, but wasn't very buildable. I couldn't really figure out why I couldn't cover redness. It also didn't seem to have too much oil control, and it made me very sad compared to the BE Matte. So the next time I mixed the Intensive with the Matte, thinking I'd get better oil control with the same level of coverage. I used it for a couple of days and liked it fine, thinking that was the best it could get.

Well, I noticed on forums that a LOT of ppl are ordering and loving the semi-matte (and perhaps mixing with intensive or something else), so I thought since I had the sample I better try it out before I order what's in my cart.

My point?
This is GREAT for combo/oily skin. At first I got this confused with the swatch of the O-Glo on my hand and thought semi-matte would be matte with sparkles. It's not. It's not even a sheen like in blush. It is comparable to Chanel's Mat Lumiere, a matte finish with a natural glow, NO SPARKLES that mineral makeup might contain. The "glow" isn't even noticeable, just a natural look that's not a complete dry powder finish. *Simply the most natural formulation.*

Like with all mineral makeup, for me at least, it lasts all day, through showers (if you blot your face lightly with a tissue), walking your dog, a hot day, whatev. This is the only formula where I looked in my mirror and said, "wow, this is great." Before I thought, this is just as good as BE. Cremier, less pricey, more options, vegan. But now it's my favorite!

If you have oily skin I suggest buffing a light layer of the matte onto your t-zone and using a good finishing powder, this for me, had the same level of oil control as the matte, so definitely worth a try! Love love love!

*I do plan on ordering the matte and doing maybe a 3:1 ratio or perhaps a 1:1 ratio of Semi-matte to Matte to feel better about oil control on my face (depending on summer/winter). Today I had only Semi-matte on my face (plus light layer of matte buffed on my t-zone after the semi-matte was applied) and it was still wonderful! My absolute fav, yet never thought it would be!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

This has become my go-to formula = great coverage, my skin doesn't look too one dimensional (as it did w/ the matte), just looks the most natural on me and is much longer lasting coverage than the original glo formula.

UPDATE 01-27-11 - wore the other day, all day, w/out Dance! over the top = during the drier winter months, I can now skip Dance! and only have to touch up my EM 1/day a little bit on my t-zone!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Katrinket

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use semi-matte and original glo. In the summer, semi seems to work best for me. O-glo can look really shiny by the end of a hot day, esp with sunscreen underneath, but it's great in the winter. Is your skin oily? Then go with semi. Dry? then you want o-glo. Over 35? Steer clear of the matte and intensive. They were WAY too drying and pasty looking for me. It's hard for me to imagine these working for anyone! I'd say my skin is just average, not too oily or dry. If you want to achieve more coverage, I'd say try more layers of semi, but keep them very thin!

***Be aware that colors vary slightly, or may be a little lighter/darker, depending on the formulation. If you find a color that's just a hair off perfect, try a different formulation of the same color. Or mix with another color, of course. Loose minerals are a bit of a pain, but they are so easy to mix that way.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 9:13:00 AM More reviews by Beaner

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had reviews for the semi-matte and matte but I deleted them because the quality has definitely gone down. I've been using EM for 4 years (or more) and this batch is not the same formula as my previous purchases. The formulas used to be silky and smooth. Now I get chalkiness in both the semi-matte and matte formulas. I never had any skin issues with the previous formulas and I still don't with these new ones (rosacea). I've recently tried some samples from Alima which are similar to the old EM. Sorry EM...Hello Alima!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by chrissymyers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

well so i just ordered the sample foundations and i wore it once yesterday and i really like it so far, it was a perfect match for my complextion and im going to order the normal size and a veil normal size,
i hope i keep liking this make up, and it doesnt break me out(KNOCK ON WOOD)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

I LOVE this finish. I normally like the dewy look but in the summer its just too much. This just looks silky but not sparkly at all. My #1 summer pic. The best part about this makeup is that it doesnt aggravate eczema and it covers red perfectly.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by ksnell

I hated this foundation... My first love BE betrayed me and started breaking me out even though I gave it 2 years of my young life. -_____-" plus it always made me oily and looked like crap in pictures... Well anyway, I began looking for a different mineral make up that blended just as well and still looked like skin but that didn't contain bismuth oxychloride. I found this brand right away. I got a sample size and found buttered tan completely matched my complexion. So I ordered the full size. I used it for a good 4 months. My bf could see it on my skin... And no one could ever see my BE on my skin... The crap didn't blend well at all. It looked like obvious powdery... IT cake HORRIBLY on top of any blemishes... Instead of blending with the natural oils on my skin it floated on top of it and traveled down my face... How mortified was I when my bf said "uhhh o_o" and I looked in the mirror to see the make up caked AROUND my now completely uncovered flaws... It was disgusting. It doesn't stop there.... The pigments in this make up are completely transfer prone. If I so much as blot my face with those oil film thingys it comes off in clumps even though they're made of a specific material so that they WOULDNT pick up make up. It oxidized so ppl would be like woah girl did you get a tan? Like litterally if u need a heavier coverage in an area... It oxidizes and turns orangey brown... My bf didn't like that much either... Everytime he made this face -> I knew it failed me again -_- ... I stopped using it and started using the estee lauder double wear. I noticed my acne is almost completely gone now... I'd hate to think that it was also responsible for breaking me out.... Mineral make up is dead to me -____-". Don't buy it. It's evil

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2010 8:22:00 AM More reviews by ilovebourjois

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted a foundation that would last on my skin without fading until i washed it off. But i didnt want a dull,overly matte finish. i purchased this foundation i the shade linen. It is slightly too dark and yellow for my NW 10-15 skin. It matches perfectly in the summer with a slight tan. i apply it with my ecotools retractable kabuki brush. I have found you use the least product while still getting good coverage with this brush. The finish is nice,but i would prefer if there were less sparkles (even though they are barely noticable). After about ten minutes,i can see my pores showing through on my nose,so i would avoid this if you have large pores unless you use a good primer. The foundation does not emphasize any dry patches. By the end of the day (with monistat primer) the foundation has not budged on my cheeks,chin and forehead,but it goes blotchy on my nose because it is oily. I think the matte finish would be better for combination or oily skins.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Elankat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product starts out sitting on top of my skin and looking sort of dry. I apply just a little bit with a kabuki brush and buff it well. After an hour or so, it gets a weird glowy sheen and highlights my pores and the texture isn't the greatest.This doesn't matter if I set with powder, a setting spray, if it's hot or cold. The coverage over redness isn't great. Worse than that, it itches the minute I get the least bit warm. The packaging is bland and it's messy. Overall, it's an adequate MMU if I'm willing to deal with the itch. I prefer the matte finish to this one in EDM. I recently tried Alima and think it's much better of a finish, better coverage, and there's no itch.