OPI Lincoln Park After Dark

4.5

on 8/20/2011 6:48:00 PM

I dont have a bad thing to say about this polish.
Its a very, very dark purple....practically black with a purple tint.
Application is excellent, goes on so even and smoothly....even after ive had the bottle for AGES!!
I love my nails to have a super shine and this delivers, it keeps a fresh looking shine for days, which really compliments the rich dark colour.
I think OPI polishes are reasonably priced at 8.75 Compared to Chanel polishes costing 17.50 and dont last as long without chipping. The bottles are a good size and brush makes application so easy and smooth.

on 8/17/2011 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

i own a few OPI's now and i must say they are all easy to apply thanks to the brush, dries quite quick as well. allmost better then Essie!
it's the darkest purple i own :-D very goth colour! i like it alot

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

OK so I only wear a few colors and LPAD is one of the ones I wear most, along with Big Apple Red. Very dark not quite black.

on 7/14/2011 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've read so much hype about this nail polish, in my search for the perfect vamp polish, so I bought it yesterday and applied it when I got home. What a disappointment, two coats of this made it look so black that when I showed it to my sister, she asked if it's black. Even in sunlight, it looks so black with just the tiniest hint of plum. If you are looking for a dominant black colour with the tiniest hint of plum/purple, this would be good. If you are looking for something that will not be mistaken as black, steer clear.

Also, two coats of this still did not make it totally opaque, I had to go over some nails with a third coat.

I only liked the glossy finish as I'm a fan of creme polishes. The colour however is a disappointment. I am exchanging this today.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This polish seems to be quite famous and I had heard so much about it - so I was so excited to try it.

I will now be joining the LPAD fan club! As this is a rich, classy looking colour that every girl should own.

A few downsides though -
I found application was not easy. Nothing really to do with the formula - but this is so dark that you have to be very careful applying as mistakes stand out and look very messy - especially around the cuticles.

I quite liked the colour after one coat - a very dark plum (not black). but it was a little streaky so I needed the apply a second coat..

The result was a very glossy finish - but it was almost black! I would describe as Blackcurrant. In sunlight you can see the plum/purple undertones - but it is very dark. A winter colour for sure. but it is very sophisticated.

I may wear it now and again in summer. I am blonde with a light tan so I could never look goth, but if I was dark and pale I would avoid this.

I am hoping to find a polish that is a few shades lighter.
On the plus side this did not stain my nails after removal and I love the name of it but I will not buy this again as there are other vampy shades to try.

I wondered about buying William Tell me all about OPI. But my friend has just bought a bottle so I was able to compare the 2 polishes. I had read that they were different - but we could not see much difference when they were on our nails. We compared nails in the office lighting and by a window (sunny day) - but to use they looked the same! So I think if you have one you dont need to buy the other.

LPAD - I really wanted to love you - but I just like you and will score you a 4.

on 7/11/2011 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I like the rouge noir and i thought this would be a good dupe. I like OPI polish and have 4 other colours it coveres well and the brush is good, but I think on me this colour is just too dark and looks almost black so i would not buy again.

on 7/11/2011 3:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is a very primitive vampy dark, I think. It looked one dimensional and bored me to tears. It felt like such a waste to change my pedi color only three days into it, so I stuck with it and gave it a chance to grow on me - never happened! I am sooo happy that I did not buy this simply based on the reviews here because it would of been a complete waste. def give it a go before purchasing because in my opinion there are so many more interesting dark colors out there.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I am in love with this dark plum color. This polish can be worn just about any time of the year. I consider it to be my "trademark" polish. It's very glossy and would look amazing especially on pedis. And it's not black!
The only negative things: It tends to chip quicker than other OPI polishes, and it can get very thick in the bottle.

on 7/1/2011 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Not much else to say except that this is one of my staple polishes and I have a huge stash of nail polish. Although it's a vampy shade, I find it to be elegant and classy. It is a shade that I continue to come back to and can always depend on looking fabulous. I believe it compliments virtually any skintone.

on 6/21/2011 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I am a huge OPI fan, I love the colours, the brushes, the bottles, the formula, everything.

This specific polish was one I got a long time ago, after hearing so much hype. I tried it once and then it got lost in my stash. About two months ago it came back out to play, and has been worn multiple times since (for my size of stash multiple uses in a few months is huge!) and I love it.

Blackened plum, amazing application, opaque and vampy and deep and luxurious. I cannot say enough about how much I love this polish! Definitely in my top 20, and if I ever use up a bottle I will for sure repurchase!

Popular Polishes