February 27, 2015 | 2053 users online

Polishes - OPI - Lincoln Park After Dark

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by PinkChicken

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've read so much hype about this nail polish, in my search for the perfect vamp polish, so I bought it yesterday and applied it when I got home. What a disappointment, two coats of this made it look so black that when I showed it to my sister, she asked if it's black. Even in sunlight, it looks so black with just the tiniest hint of plum. If you are looking for a dominant black colour with the tiniest hint of plum/purple, this would be good. If you are looking for something that will not be mistaken as black, steer clear.

Also, two coats of this still did not make it totally opaque, I had to go over some nails with a third coat.

I only liked the glossy finish as I'm a fan of creme polishes. The colour however is a disappointment. I am exchanging this today.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by FloozieKitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This polish seems to be quite famous and I had heard so much about it - so I was so excited to try it.

I will now be joining the LPAD fan club! As this is a rich, classy looking colour that every girl should own.

A few downsides though -
I found application was not easy. Nothing really to do with the formula - but this is so dark that you have to be very careful applying as mistakes stand out and look very messy - especially around the cuticles.

I quite liked the colour after one coat - a very dark plum (not black). but it was a little streaky so I needed the apply a second coat..

The result was a very glossy finish - but it was almost black! I would describe as Blackcurrant. In sunlight you can see the plum/purple undertones - but it is very dark. A winter colour for sure. but it is very sophisticated.

I may wear it now and again in summer. I am blonde with a light tan so I could never look goth, but if I was dark and pale I would avoid this.

I am hoping to find a polish that is a few shades lighter.
On the plus side this did not stain my nails after removal and I love the name of it but I will not buy this again as there are other vampy shades to try.

I wondered about buying William Tell me all about OPI. But my friend has just bought a bottle so I was able to compare the 2 polishes. I had read that they were different - but we could not see much difference when they were on our nails. We compared nails in the office lighting and by a window (sunny day) - but to use they looked the same! So I think if you have one you dont need to buy the other.

LPAD - I really wanted to love you - but I just like you and will score you a 4.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2011 3:54:00 AM More reviews by ellejs3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like the rouge noir and i thought this would be a good dupe. I like OPI polish and have 4 other colours it coveres well and the brush is good, but I think on me this colour is just too dark and looks almost black so i would not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2011 3:44:00 AM More reviews by MilkBar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very primitive vampy dark, I think. It looked one dimensional and bored me to tears. It felt like such a waste to change my pedi color only three days into it, so I stuck with it and gave it a chance to grow on me - never happened! I am sooo happy that I did not buy this simply based on the reviews here because it would of been a complete waste. def give it a go before purchasing because in my opinion there are so many more interesting dark colors out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2011 7:27:00 AM More reviews by swaylikeadancer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this dark plum color. This polish can be worn just about any time of the year. I consider it to be my "trademark" polish. It's very glossy and would look amazing especially on pedis. And it's not black!
The only negative things: It tends to chip quicker than other OPI polishes, and it can get very thick in the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not much else to say except that this is one of my staple polishes and I have a huge stash of nail polish. Although it's a vampy shade, I find it to be elegant and classy. It is a shade that I continue to come back to and can always depend on looking fabulous. I believe it compliments virtually any skintone.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by love4lacquer

I am a huge OPI fan, I love the colours, the brushes, the bottles, the formula, everything.

This specific polish was one I got a long time ago, after hearing so much hype. I tried it once and then it got lost in my stash. About two months ago it came back out to play, and has been worn multiple times since (for my size of stash multiple uses in a few months is huge!) and I love it.

Blackened plum, amazing application, opaque and vampy and deep and luxurious. I cannot say enough about how much I love this polish! Definitely in my top 20, and if I ever use up a bottle I will for sure repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by KateLilyReed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first OPI nail polish and I will never buy any other brand of polish ever again as its perfect!

The colour is a gorgeous dark purple-y black. It sounds gothic, but the high shine gives it an elegant, classic appearance.

It lasts days without chipping - longer than drugstore brands.

The brush is a lovely size to cover the whole nail easily and the handle is wide and easy to control.

It does cost a little more, but there are more expensive brands than OPI that aren't half as good. Worth it in my opinion.

Would definitely repurchase - I've just ordered more OPI polishes and I'm sure they'll be of the same quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by MeganBella

I really love this colour and looked everywhere to get it because OPI is not readily available where I live. It is a very deep colour that, as others have said, does look almost black but in the sunlight is a definite deep purple. I use it all the time and adore it!
I use two thin coats and even without a top coat, it gives a really nice finish, but I do find that it chips a bit, although not as much as other polishes that I have used.
It's a bit more than I would usally pay for a polish, but then again - I would buy it again for sure! I adore it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This makes a statement. It is very dark and very thick. A bit too purple for my taste - like a purplish Essie Wicked. Needs a topcoat to look super shiny.