December 21, 2014 | 1277 users online

Moisturizers - Estee Lauder - DayWear Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme Broad Spectrum SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2009 8:41:00 PM More reviews by glitterfairy11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this moisturiser, I've used it for several years and I've only recently stopped as I just turned 30 and feel it's time to use an anti-ageing product (I'm upgrading to Estee Lauder Revelation!). I stumbled across this a few years ago when I asked an Estee Lauder SA about anti-ageing and she advised me that my skin didn't need it yet, I would be better with a product that delayed the signs of ageing. And I'm so glad she did! I've tried a couple of others (Korres Pomegranate Moisturiser and Chanel Energizing Multi-Protection Cream) but I always returned to this as neither made my skin feel as lovely as this.

The moisturiser has a fresh, cucumber scent and is a pale green. It sinks in very quickly leaving skin feeling velvet soft and makes an excellent base for makeup. I've always found the SPF to be perfectly adequate for day-to-day life, only needing a higher sunscreen if I'm actually sunbathing! It suits my combination skin perfectly, I've never had any irritation or breakouts from it. In fact I receive many compliments on my complexion. I'm told I look many years younger than my age, which I mostly put down to good genes but I think a good beauty regime certainly helps!

There's a reason this moisturiser regularly wins best moisturiser in magazine beauty awards (here in the UK anyway), it's seriously good and I'm just sorry that I need to move on now! Think I may have to buy an occasional pot of this just because I love how it makes my skin feel so soft!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2009 11:27:00 AM More reviews by wanderingkind

This moisturizer is very light, which I liked, and went on smoothly. There are other versions with higher SPF for those seeking more protection against the sun, and you can wear this moisturizer day and night. It didn't cause any breakouts for me (I have combination skin) and it has a pleasant cucumber/tea smell. It has anti-oxidants, which help your skin, and there are different versions of this moisturizer made for all skin types.

The price was a bit high (since I bought it from a department store, you might have better luck finding it somewhere for a cheaper price) but I definitely liked this product. I will buy this again unless I find a moisturizer of the same quality for cheaper.

I shared this product with my sister, and it lasted quite a while despite the small size (1.7 oz) The only thing I would be concerned with is the ingredients, since most sunscreens contain parabens, and -benzone ingredients, which are hormone changing and bad for the environment.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2009 5:05:00 AM More reviews by erika_let

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have normal skin yet using this made my skin look sticky/ shiny like an oil slick. Yuck. All Estee Lauder products come heavily perfumed with D&C coloring added - which is all unnecessary. Feels like I'm slathering perfume all over my face instead of good skin care.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this as a gift with purchase. I would never purchase this. It's nothing but silicone, fragrance, dye, and SPF and made me break out after only using it twice. Pass on this, ladies. You can buy better products at the drugstore, and I'm angry at Estee Lauder for producing this junk. I cannot recommend under any circumstances.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2009 8:14:00 PM More reviews by angelicaltyrant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well lets start with the good

Good: Smells great, simple bottle thats sturdy and pretty. Not too greasy feeling.

Bad: This is a moisturizer? Really? my face feels nothing different afterwards and it is antioxidant so i decided to give it a try. However i bought the product just because it had SPF and i realize they use the harshest chemicals for sunblock out there. This bottle is full of chemicals that is harmful to your skin.

If you want a sunscreen, get something without octinoxate and get zinc oxide or titanium oxide,

I wont buy this again, however since it wasnt the worst moisturizer i have ever encountered, i gave it a 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 11:13:00 PM More reviews by henwen88

I think this is a nice, basic face moisturizer. It has SPF 15 which is a definite plus, but generally I like at least SPF 30. This has a great, fresh, cucumber scent. It's a little oily after application which I find to be the case with most moisturizers with SPF.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2008 7:42:00 PM More reviews by yuco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As for that price, this cream not too bad. The antioxidant properties made me to try one jar when it lunch to the market. It last for around three months and I did not repurchase it. It gave me dry patch and not really good for my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2008 12:12:00 PM More reviews by anonsuebee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've bought this twice (which says a lot since I don't re buy most of the stuff I try). I think this works fine. It has spf. it doesn't stink or feel gross. it moisturizes well enough. I don't think reverses any signs of aging, but at least the spf will probably prevent further damage.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2008 5:12:00 PM More reviews by greytgirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this SPF moisturizer about three months ago. I was very worried for several days because of my breakout prone skin, but no irritations at all. I garden alot in the spring and summer, and no tan on my face. I sometimes wear a hat when it's not to hot. The SA told me to wear the cream at night also, but I thought that was crazy!! I would repurchase it again.
I do think it could be in a better container instead of a jar.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2008 5:08:00 PM More reviews by abradley725

This product has state of the art antioxidants and sun protection in it - but the jar packaging does not keep the antioxidants stable! The only package that does is the lotion for oily skin or the formula with a tint. Be careful not to expect too much from the jar formulas because of this. I personally love the feel and smell of this moisturizer though.