October 25, 2014 | 1253 users online

Lash Treatments - Ardell - Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator Treatment Gel

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 8:31:00 PM More reviews by ShawP

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

After attempting to use castor oil (allow me to say that product was not for me because it seeps an oily layer into my eyes causing irritation), I bought this product. I am very surprised and happy with the results! I was very skeptical about it and really doubted it would work considering all the high dollar stuff (Latisse) on the market. But it does! I'm telling you, it does! I've tried castor oil and before that, vaseline for years. Nothing. This? When I put on mascara its like WOW! I really have lashes now. I apply nightly and after a few weeks, you will notice the difference. It's not an overnight type of thing, but it really works. You won't experience the dramatic changes like the prescription or high dollar growth accelerators, but you will add some length, fullness, and less lash fallout. One lippie off for price,($16 USA) but it's really worth it considering the price of Latisse or Rapidlash.

UPDATE: While I still use this, as I've said before, it will not produce dramatic results like Rapidlash. I use the Rapidlash at night which has given me the length and thickness that I've always wanted. Daily, I use Ardell to preserve the results I've gotten from Rapidlash, since I only use mascara when I'm going out and not daily for work. Cause, let's face it, mascara is drying. I hope both of these products will always be available.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2009 4:59:00 PM More reviews by taz1946

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure what it is about this product that works but I noticed a difference in my lashes from the first use. I have thin lightned (from age) lashes that look nonexistent. Even with mascara and regular curling they straighten to a point they are not noticable. This treatment seems to curl my lashes and now with mascara - no additonal curling- they show up until I remove my eye makeup. I bought 1000Hour heated eyelash curler, which I love, and now I don't really need it. Just a comment to the poster who mentioned castor oil. I think I would prefer this because it doesn't run back into your eye like straight oil can. I read in bed at night and have to be careful about products blurring my vision. The only reason this gets a 4 is I couldn't swear that my lashes are actually any longer or thicker, they just look like it!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by carmenlr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product really works for me! I used it for about a month before I started seeing results. Keep in mind that this probably not gonna give you really long and full lashes but it did give me length and it protects my lashes from falling out. This also works as a base to make my mascara work a little better at giving me volume without having to pile it on thick with white primers. I will definitely buy this again when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2009 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

This isn't a review because I am using Rapidlash and it seems to work, a much cheaper alternative seems interesting but somehow I doubt unless it has the prostagladin or derivtative it will work, I am wrting here because I see that ardell has the new Lash and Brow Excel? They say it has the same ingredients and the more expensive lash and brow growth products.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2009 8:42:00 AM More reviews by flor14

Not sure if they have changed the name recently but what I bought is called Ardell Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator Treatment Gel. ************THIS STUFF WORKS!!!!!!*********** I had been thinking of buying one of those expensive products like Latisse and I am so glad I didn't. At first this product did nothing in terms of growth for me but I kept using it because it made my eyelashes soft. Two months later and I suddenly realized my eyelashes were longer and I had more lashes overall. I had one person at work comment on what long eyelashes I had. I use it about 4 times a week either at nights before going to sleep or during the day on weekend days when I don't wear mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by echui

I tried this product because of the reviews that I've read on MUA. I'm glad I did. I was debating on whether I should try the pricier products when I came upon this one. I have short, stubby Asian lashes, so, to me, any growth is a good thing. My lashes seem a bit longer after 3 weeks of use, but not any thicker. I wish that there would be more volume, but I'll take longer lashes over nothing. At 5 dollars, I think that it's a pretty good deal!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

I used this religiously for about 2 months. It made no difference to the length or thickness of my lashes. I even took pics to compare the results. No noticeable difference. I think it's a bogus product. It's okay because it was cheap.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2009 12:38:00 AM More reviews by mtycer

I bought this product because I'd heard such raves about it on MUA, and it was only $4 so I figured all I had to lose was a couple of bucks...

PROS: Cheap ($4), fairly easy to apply.
CONS: After 1 week of use, no results. I had to stop using it after one week of use because it was making my eyelids horribly itchy.

Oh well. I guess some things are too good to be true.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Chick808

I originally bought this product because it was $4 and I figured it was worth a shot. I've used it for 2 weeks and although I did not see much growth, it is an excellent conditioner. I don't have any lashes falling out when I was my face or rub my eyes. My lashes are soft to the touch. It's a great natural looking mascara that provides some definition when I don't feel like a lot of makeup. It's also very good at holding a curl if I let it dry first then curl.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 11:06:00 PM More reviews by josiecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't think this product contains a miracle ingredient that makes lashes grow, but the castor oil in it can help condition lashes and prevent breakage and fallout making lashes 'seem' to grow longer.
My personal experience with this was not good. I didn't use it for very long - maybe 3 weeks. I had to stop because it actually caused me to lose some lashes. I ended up with a bald patch on my lower right eye. Maybe I'm sensitive to something in it? I think I'll go with another MUAers recommendation to use plain castor oil instead.