October 2, 2014 | 1438 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Idole ULTRA [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by jl74

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Go-To Foundation for oily, acne-prone skin with maximum coverage you can get with foundation. It is a face saver when I am breaking out or have acne that is in the process of healing. When I put this foundation on in the morning, I never have to re-touch until I get home. It does not move or run! Def will be my foundation in the summer.

However, know that if you are combination or drier on the cheeks due to acne medication as I am, this will only magnify the flakiness (but since this foundation is intended for oily skin it is justified). So make sure you exfolliate (I use Charmzone Pleasium Control Cream - see my review on it if you're interested) and use a really good moisturizer and provide ample moisture to your skin before putting this foundation on. Definitely best to be applied with a good quality foundation brush (I use Lancome).

The reason I am unable to give this a 5 star rating is that it does NOT have SPF. Foundations are mostly used during the day and I find it difficult to do my usual skincare (toner, lotion) then add another layer of sun screen before putting this stuff on. I would love it even more if it had sunscreening capability.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Siren86

I have been searching for the perfect foundation for what feels like forever. I have sensitive, acne prone, very pale skin and it's such a struggle to find something that stays on my face all day, is the right colour and doesn't irritate my skin. I feel like I have found it in this foundation. Estee Lauder Double Wear was too thick and congested my skin, Dior Forever was too orange, Chanel foundations make me itch, and Lancome Miracle- whilst lovely- doesn't last the day on me. This goes on beautifully with a skin-like, semi- matte finish and is comfortable and long-wearing. I prefer to stipple and buff it in to my skin with a duo fibre brush or flat topped kabuki. My acne has stopped looking so red since I've been using this, which makes me wonder whether what I was wearing previously was irritating me. This is scented, which I don't mind (for once) but a word of warning if you don't like that kind of thing.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by PsychicCassandra

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lancome only posts positive reviews on their site, so I had to post here at Makeup Alley. Gotta say, I love being able to go to Makeup Alley to read the reviews. It's a god send. I have been searching for a new favorite foundation. I am in the public eye quite a bit, and I wanted my skin to look as good as it could. I am 46 and my skin needs have changed. I have normal to combination skin. I had seen several really good reviews on Teint Idole and decided to try it. My first trip to the Lancome counter in my area proved fruitless. Each time I went to the Lancome counter, the woman tried to sell me a different foundation and the wrong color for my skin. I later discovered that she didn't have my shade in stock and she was simply trying to sell me what was available. I tried another Lancome location, but the woman was not very helpful. She didn't want to really take the time to help me at all. I finally purchased this online. For the price, I am not really impressed. I love that it goes on easily with a brush. I love that it sets quickly, and once it is set, you don't notice that you have makeup on. That is a huge plus for me. But their color selections are either too pink or way, way too yellow. Their neutral, the only one I am aware of, is a really bizarre mauvey color. For the price, the name, and the science beyond Lancome, you would think they could come up with some really good colors. Also, the more I used this product, the bigger my pores got. I've always had small pores. Not anymore. This product goes down into the pores and it is very difficult to get out without causing some damage to your skin and capillaries. A facial didn't even remove the makeup from my pores. So, my $42 lesson is over and done with. I will stick with a less expensive foundation that doesn't sink into my pores and make them look bigger.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by sumblondchic

I absolutely LOVE this foundation. It took me forever, trying various products, wasting tons of money and never being happy with my foundation. I have pretty fair skin and I like alot of coverage but still a nice, natural look. I want to feel like I have a perfect palette to work with after I put on my foundation, and with this I do! It feels velvety soft and goes on smoothly and flawlessly. I use a big stippling brush to apply it,and of course use moisturizer and a primer under (cream based.) This stuff is a lifesaver, and I wont be without it now. I just wish it was cheaper :/ However, a bottle lasts me a couple months.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Hollynla

Overall, this is a very nice foundation for those with oily skin. It's a medium coverage and blends well. I think it does give a natural look and does not cake. It last all day as claimed too. However, with that said, I do find it to be a bit overpriced. I also like Rimmel last finish that is only about $7 compared to this one at $42.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by lalala45677

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The only thing I liked about this product was the packaging- that's it. When I first applied this, my face started burning and stinging...turns out the alcohol content is extremely high in this product. It also dried my face out to the point that it felt like I had scales like a lizard...which I thought was nearly impossible considering I have extremely oily skin.The coverage was sheer to medium at best...nowhere close to the "full coverage" claim. It also didn't last 14 hours...it started breaking apart about 6 hours after application. My sister tried it also, and she hates it as well. I wanted to love this, but unfortunately it was the worst foundation I've ever purchased. Worst of all, the department store I purchased this from won't accept returns....there went $42.00 down the drain.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by esornart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like how this foundation came in a pump. I have used this a long time ago and when I finished my bottle I decided to hunt for my next HG because I am always looking for something better..however, I have tried Giorgio Armani, Guerlain and other high end and low end brand and I have decided to finally come back to this one. I find it very difficult because most brands have yellow based tones and I am Asian with Fair skin /pink neutral undertones. I love how this foundation goes on smooth and covers really well. It does not not break me out or irritate my sensitive skin. I REALLY LOVE this foundation

For reference I am NW20 in MAC and I am in Buff 4C in Lancome Teint Idole Ultra..& I top this off with the Lancome dual powder in Matte Bisque 2.

UPDATE: Since this product has been discontinued. I have tried the Lancome 24 hour and it is not too bad but definitely not the same as the old version. NW 20 in the 24 hr version is # 210 or 220 (both work depending on which undertones you prefer). I have also tried the Smashbox 15 hr wear foundation and it is really good, only downside is it leans towards yellow undertones. I have been loving and I have been reaching for my Covergirl Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 foundation and set it with Ben Nye Fair Translucent Powder. Another all time favorite is the Estee Lauder Double Wear and I wear Desert Beige.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by melissa101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this foundation, but I came to the conclusion that the coverage was way too light for my taste. I literally have to keep re-appying throughout the day =( ...I have been using this since the summer, and still have a little bit left in it, but I don't think I will purchase this again because of the light coverage. Also because of the price, it is expensive, $42. Yet Lancome is always having gift with purchases (which I think are worthless because they are always low quality). I love love the pump and bottle though...Yet considering the coverage and price I feel like I can achieve the same results with tinted moisturizer.
    I have light skin, with an touch of olive undertone, combination skin (NC30). I can get oily on my t-zone throughout the day. I have (almost) clear skin, but quite a few blackheads on my t-zone, unfortunately this just sinks in after an 2 hours and makes them more noticeable then they really are when I'm not wearing any makeup.
    I also tried to apply this with a brush, which helped give me a little more coverage.
    And if your looking for moisturizing, this does not moisturize at all, yet it feel like it does because the texture is very silky and smooth. So make sure you use a good moisturizer beforehand or else it will cake up on your skin.
    Also this did oxidize on my skin, but it wasn't a huge difference. It was just a tad bit darker at the end of the day...not even 1/3 of a shade darker.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by humzie247

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually quite liked this foundation. It's very light so you don't feel like you have a lot on, and a little goes a long way. It's supposed to be good coverage but I don't think the coverage is particularly good, but I love how it makes my skin look natural while still covering some blemishes. I use this with the lancome primer (which I love!) and I have had a few spots develop since using it but that coincided with a stressful period in my life so I don't think it's to do with the foundation. Overall I did like this!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2011 7:27:00 PM More reviews by clockworkmices

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation was initially really great for me. It evens out my skin tone, blurs my pores and does a good job at holding back oil - I barely have to touch up when I wear this! I just wish it was the right colour, I have it in 010 (Beige Porcelaine?) and fresh on the skin it's a little too pink but otherwise fine, but within ten minutes it oxidises to a dark orange colour that is extremely noticeable. I've tried using many different ways of applying it, building it up in layers, buffing it in with a big fluffy brush, using my fingers, a flat foundation brush, loads of different things but it happens every single time. I paid ~£30 for this so I will try mixing it with a much whiter foundation to see if it stops the oxidisation but I am really disappointed with this as it had so much potential.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No