Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle 12 percent Glycolic AHA

4.1

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Stearic Acid, PEG 40 Stearate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 2, Hydrolyzed Lupine Protein (Peptides), Green Tea Extract, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Xanthan Gum, PVM/MA Decadene Crosspolymer, Imidazolidinyl Urea, BHT

on 1/17/2011 5:02:00 PM

You should know this ~

1. You have to USE THIS CONSISTENTLY to see results.
2. You have to be super-careful if your skin is unusually sensitive
3. DO NOT OVER-EXFOLIATE while using this.
4. You MUST use an effective sunscreen while using this.
5. Keep it well away from the eye area.

Following these common-sense guidelines, you WILL begin to see some impressive results. I did.

My skin looked a lot clearer and smoother when I used this. This is an AHA concentration (12%) I prefer using during the warmer months as my skin is less sensitive then. The Glycolic Acid was great because I seemed to break out a lot less. This mousse-like cream absorbs very quickly under your regular night cream. The instructions SAID use it twice daily but nightly was enough for me.
Used under my day cream and SPF, I found that something in the acid made the ensuing creams and foundation roll off in small amounts.
Be especially careful not to use it too often on your neck. My neck developed some dark spots where the Glycolic Acid burned so I quickly stopped and they went away.

This makes a terrific hand cream from time to time as it does for the tops of your hands what it does for your face. All I know is that my skin has a clarity I've not seen before when using this. In every way, used regularly, this inexpensive AHA formulation will work more impressively than creams, lotions and ungents 20 times the price.
I know, for I've been down that path times beyond number and have seldom found anything comparable.

on 1/17/2011 4:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is an excellent product and has worked wonders for my skin. Like many others have mentioned, Alpha Hydrox can be difficult to find in stores. I order mine online from www.soap.com. Their prices are reasonable and they offer free 2-day shipping with orders over $25. Hope this helps! :)

on 1/17/2011 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

For reference I am 49 yrs old. My skin is oily in t zone and normal outside of t zone. I do have acne issues. I have fine lines and fine lip lines. Moderate crows feet. Two or three sun spots. Slow turn over of cells.

Yes I will purchase this product again. I use this nightly after washing and then applying Avon AHA pads. I wait 15 mins after use of pad and apply this to face and neck.

I didn't really notice any change until I half way through the jar. So in my estimation I have used this product 8-10 weeks. Possibly 12 weeks, (more than likely closer to 12 weeks) every night. Without missing a single night.

The results? I notice when I wash my face it is as smooth as a baby's behind. Using this in conjuction with AHA pads (using pads for about 4 or 5 months) my skin is luminous from within, and I have actually left my home without foundation on to go shopping.

I have not one single zit on my face. Not one. Also, my pores appear smaller. Nothing will decrease the size of pores but this product will help keep them cleaner and therefore if pores are not clogged they *appear* smaller.

Let me tell you, my skin was so blotchy and the tone so uneven that I avoided leaving my home without foundation on because when I did people would ask me if I had been feeling unwell. Honestly they would.

Yes this product does perform as advertised and met all of my expectations. However, this is not an overnight fix or even a fix within one week. It has to be used consistently and for at least 8 weeks before the results are seen.

on 1/14/2011 1:05:00 AM

Let me start by saying that i was really scared to try this. I have very sensitive skin that is mostly dry and prone to redness but can be oily and breakout prone. I was scared that this would ether break me out because it is such a thick cream or it would be incredibly irritating and reddening. It actually helps with all of my skin problems moderately which is amazing, it hasn't cured anything but i think it has normalized my skin some. The best thing this does is deal with red and brown marks of which i have both, my skin is noticeably clearer when i wake up in the morning after applying this and overall, like in life since using this. I also find that it keeps breakouts away very well, to me actually just as well as my prescription retinol and less drying/irritating. I find this very balancing as far as moisture goes i don't go to bed feeling tight and dry and wake up feeling oily like with retinol. I also don't notice any peeling or flaking off of skin as with retinol. This has become my daily night treatment but I will continue to use retinol a couple times a week to prevent aging.

on 1/9/2011 6:44:00 PM

this was my skin-rescue. I love it to pieces and will always, always have this around. it is my go-to aha product (after using mama lotion for a year).
mama made my skin too smooth lol (my foundation kept sliding off) and I had some flaky irritation around my nose and between eyebrows.
this is just perfect. while it doesn`t prevent my occasional cyst, it does make it heal so quickly (1-2 days) that I don`t even mind it anymore. I`ve had marks from old cysts which were there for years and while I also liked diacneal and mama lotion, they never completely got rid of them. aha souffle did.
I have dry, sensitive and acne-prone skin (fun huh..) and I could not use this without a moisturizer on top because I get too dry otherwise (but it is also meant to be used this way as one can read on its label). This way my skin is SUPER soft in the morning and perfectly prepared for make-up. I see the lines around my eyes softening too and it does even out my skintone nicely (my skin is very pale and very imperfection-prone lol)
I use it every 2nd night (I use eluage by avene on the other nights and sundays but when I feel that my skin needs a break I only use moisturizer (I use eluage hyaluron filler which is great)).
This didn`t get rid of my milia around my eyes but my go-to bha product mild clarifying lotion by clinique is doing a good job on that.
I am very happy with my anti-aging routine at the moment but alpha hydrox souffle is my absolute favourite.
I have to order off ebay since I live in germany which gets a little expensive, so consider yourself lucky if you have it readily available in your local drugstore. :-))

on 1/8/2011 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

AHA has changed my hyperpigmented skin and I will probably always use it because of that. However, the one peeve I have on this product is that it's not moisturizing. I dont like using too many products and applying this, then moisturizer and sunscreen seems like a lot to me. I'm gonna check out some other ones and will see what they give me. In the meantime, I'm playing with chemical peels and such so I'll update whenever I have changed my opinion.

on 12/26/2010 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I use this before any other product on my face. I think it is helping to fade post acne marks. My skin is too sensitive for it to go on my neck so maybe people with sensitive skin should test this product. It does burn a little if I use a lot so a little goes a long way with me. I got this at Ulta with the aha face foaming face wash. I highly recommend both products. If you want an anti ager for lines and dullness, I really think this is great.

on 12/19/2010 8:41:00 PM

Sorry to bring down the good ratings but this really didn't work for me. I felt like it left a drying film on my skin, and in the mornings I would wake to find my skin looking very dehydrated. I have used other alpha hydroxy acid products with percentages up to 10% without dryness, so I don't think it's the 12% aha. I've also used their 10% lotion which doesn't make my skin look and feel tight and dry so I do believe my skin just doesn't like the base formulation. Such is life. If it works for you great, if it doesn't just try the 10% formula instead. However I have found the easiest way of using glycolic acid in my routine is to simply add lactic acid to rosewater to make up to 10% strength, and use it as a leave on mist before moisturising.

on 12/16/2010 1:21:00 PM

I have been using this product for 6 weeks. It has done a great job at evening my complexion and has turned my previously dull skin around. Without makeup I have a nice glow now and am contemplating ditching my foundation for daily use. I use it on my neck and cleavage too and because it is such a good price I feel like I can spread it around. I also put it on the back of my hands. I am given this to my mom and friend for Christmas and I think they will thank me! I have normal/combination skin and am not prone to breakouts.

on 11/29/2010 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this one week ago and since then:
1. i haven't had ONE new pimple when i usually get one zit every other day
2. i had about 5 zits on my face since starting this and now i only have 1. literally, 1.

i didnt really want to believe the hype which is why i shunned this product away for sooo long (years, even.) but i'm just so fed up with my constant cycle of breakouts and red marks that i went and bought this...and i know this is still a bit early to review, but i can cry when i wash my face now and feel NO bumpyness or pain from the sensitivity of the zit.
i only use this once a day, at night. i wash my face with Neutrogena Deep Clean cleanser, tone with Aqua Glycolic toner, spot treat with BP if needed, and moisturize with this. i really DIG into this stuff too, i use maybe a bit less of a half teaspoon which i think is the secret to getting this souffle to really penetrate. if this continues to work, i'll definitely update this review!
Edit 2/11/10: HG status. Absolutely amazing. This is the only product that keeps my breakouts away - period. Differin didn't work this fast, Benzaclin didn't work this fast, and neither did Duac and all the other crap i've tried over the years. This cleans my pores, keeps my skin glowing and smooth and moisturized. I don't even use toner anymore, just wash my face and apply this. It took me years of shrugging off this product because I figured it was just a trend from the 90s that people didn't seem to care about anymore. I was sooo wrong. This isn't a 5 star product, it's a 10 star product.

Popular Treatments (Face)