April 24, 2014 | 1854 users online

Treatments - Alpha Hydrox - AHA Souffle 12 percent Glycolic AHA

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by lightsout91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this one week ago and since then:
1. i haven't had ONE new pimple when i usually get one zit every other day
2. i had about 5 zits on my face since starting this and now i only have 1. literally, 1.

i didnt really want to believe the hype which is why i shunned this product away for sooo long (years, even.) but i'm just so fed up with my constant cycle of breakouts and red marks that i went and bought this...and i know this is still a bit early to review, but i can cry when i wash my face now and feel NO bumpyness or pain from the sensitivity of the zit.
i only use this once a day, at night. i wash my face with Neutrogena Deep Clean cleanser, tone with Aqua Glycolic toner, spot treat with BP if needed, and moisturize with this. i really DIG into this stuff too, i use maybe a bit less of a half teaspoon which i think is the secret to getting this souffle to really penetrate. if this continues to work, i'll definitely update this review!
Edit 2/11/10: HG status. Absolutely amazing. This is the only product that keeps my breakouts away - period. Differin didn't work this fast, Benzaclin didn't work this fast, and neither did Duac and all the other crap i've tried over the years. This cleans my pores, keeps my skin glowing and smooth and moisturized. I don't even use toner anymore, just wash my face and apply this. It took me years of shrugging off this product because I figured it was just a trend from the 90s that people didn't seem to care about anymore. I was sooo wrong. This isn't a 5 star product, it's a 10 star product.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2010 10:55:00 AM More reviews by OMGITSSHEA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried this stuff after reading the great reviews. I used it for about 3 weeks. I didn't really see a difference in my skin at all. Didnt break me out but didnt clear/brighten my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Suchan

For the price, this product works wonders and really exfoliates. Spread it on your face at night, then swipe the dead skin cells away in the morning. Since my face is combo/oily, it provides just enough moisture that I only need to add a little lotion on my outer cheeks. However, if you have really oily skin, you may find this product a little too greasy. This is one of the few facial skincare products that hasn't broken me out. Alpha Hydrox products are excellent, and they are well-priced; the only problem is find them. You can find a limited line at Ulta and the entire line directly through the AH Web site.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by CELAARIEL8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

love this stuff iam very acne prone and it has not broken out my skin like other creams have, i use this every night and i use the 10% enhanced cream in the morning and it has given me great results. My skin got really bad after i had my baby ( he is 2) i was left with red acne scar on my chin and cheeks.. i was so embarassed to be seen with no make up on so i decided to either find a good cream or treatment that would clear it up or i was going to save up and get laser.. iam go glad i found this on MA i dont even have to wear heavy concealer anymore to cover it up!! ive used this for almost one year and it has faded my scars so much my husband even asked me what i was using because it makes me glow in the morning. I wish i would have taken before and after pictures... i love thats its not ridiculously expensive and that it actually works. Use it continously and im sure you will see great results as well

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2010 4:06:00 AM More reviews by alin81

i've read so many excellent reviews on this product, unfortunately it's not for me..

i have very oily, acne prone, sensitive skin.. i was hoping this cream would help to clear out my acne.. since it's not available in my country, i have to buy it from an online blogger who also has to import it from US.. which makes the price much higher

this cream irritated my skin that i broke out so badly.. probably the worst breakout i've ever had in my entire life.. i had pimples all over my face

at first i applied it every 3 days and stopped after 3 applications because of the bad reaction.. but the pimples remained

after stopping for two weeks i decided to give it another try.. i used it every night for the next two weeks.. then the horrible thing happened.. my skin broke out even worse than before

it took me almost 3 months to clear out all the acne.. i didn't wear any make up in those 3 months because my skin was so itchy and irritated

i would never recommend this cream to anyone with sensitive, acne prone skin like mine.. i think the 12% AHA is just too much for my skin, since i also had the same reaction when using Diacneal from Avene (6% AHA, i think)

i'm not even sure if i'll ever use any product with glycolic acid again in the future after the bad experience, despite how effective it is to fight certain skin problems

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by MbMinx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

HG!!!

I love AlphaHydrox AHA Souffle. My skin tolerates it well with no adverse reactions. It doesn't clog my pores or make me break out. It leaves my skin soft and smooth. My fine lines are fading and even some of my more obvious lines are disappearing. I'm not a huge fan of the tub packaging, but it's a stable product and I'm not losing anything. It's inexpensive and effective.

What more could I want?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 6:14:00 PM More reviews by cerecita

So far Great! Its true that when u first start using this ur skin will 'purge' not because it causes new breakouts but it forces the ones that are s
'starting up' to come out... this usually meant white looking heads....it DEF had an effect on my skin.

This i also use as a spot treatment and i can actually say out of all the lotions ive ever tried , this along with their actual lotion, makes the most difference in my skin.

best of all its cheap .. around 11-16 dollars at drugstore.com
bad news: hard to find in actual stores

actually the lotion is cheap, this is an unfair price i would say cuz the package is kinda small for the price, but still i would def repurchase...

what other drugstore treatment can u get for under 20 bucks that offers 12% AHA and pf 4? Those usual items cost around 30+

so i guess this is pretty cheap!

be patient, because most likely ull purge the first few weeks... but thats a good thing ...cuz its taking all the nasties out! :P

UPDATE: Now after almost 3 weeks... my skin is starting to go back to bein clear again..YEAAAAYY I can dEF say this had a major PART in it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by busyscmom

I bought this product after reading all the rave reviews. While it is a very good AHA product at the right pH I felt that the base was too heavy for me..felt very greasy. Definitely a wonderful option for drier skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by cday0509

I bought this because I saw all the good reviews on it. I was just looking around the Ulta website, and saw this and decided to look up reviews on it. Well, good thing I saw this! I have sensitive acne prone skin, but since I've been on birth control, my acne has since cleared up. I still get every now and then zits, and I still have SLIGHT pit scars and just overall uneven skin tone. I used this with no problems! It didn't make me greasy, and it didn't break me out like it has maybe done others. I say just try it, because I have sensitive skin, and I've had no problems! It has cleared up my uneven skin tone (little random bumps that weren't exactly zits, blotchiness, etc) , and it has just made my skin smoother! I quit using this for a few weeks because I read somewhere you should take a week break every now and then. Well, after that week was up I forgot to start it back up. I kept getting frustrated because my skin started to look horrible! I scheduled a microdermabrasion at a spa and everything. Well, I looked in my cabinet and saw my trusty product that I had neglected to use. Sure enough! The first time I used it again I got one or two purge zits that cleared up in a single day. (I'm guessing that's what they were, and that was the first time id had done that too)
Please try this! and give it a week or two before you judge it! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2010 11:12:00 PM More reviews by chezkamag

So after reading all the great reviews on this product, I thought I would give it a shot. I suffered from acne since I was in middle school and Im 21 now. Alot of my acne has cleared up but now Im left with alot of hyperpigmentation and pitted scarring. I thought using this would help with the dark spots and red marks at least.

This product broke me out so bad in cystic acne and whiteheads. I used it for a little over 2 weeks and I just couldn't take it anymore. Alot of reviews on here say that it's probably the purging phase and if you continue to use it for over a month, you'll see results. I didn't want to wait anymore b/c my skin looked horrible. Not only did I break out and got left with additional red marks and scarring, it also left me more acne scars. Im talking about icepick and boxcar scars.

Im not a newbie to AHA products so I'm thinking either the formula was too strong or some other ingredient in it that just made my skin react in a bad way. I wanted so bad for this product to work but it just didn't do it for me. Some of the good things about this product (yes, there are some benefits) is that it leaves your skin really soft and glowy. I did notice that my skin wasn't flaky like it usually is. But in reality, I'd rather have flaky skin than a pimply pizza face.

I'm still living with the red marks and additional scarring. Ugh, on to the next one.....