September 18, 2014 | 1306 users online

Treatments (Face) - Alpha Hydrox - AHA Souffle 12 percent Glycolic AHA

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by luckylouie

Sorry to bring down the good ratings but this really didn't work for me. I felt like it left a drying film on my skin, and in the mornings I would wake to find my skin looking very dehydrated. I have used other alpha hydroxy acid products with percentages up to 10% without dryness, so I don't think it's the 12% aha. I've also used their 10% lotion which doesn't make my skin look and feel tight and dry so I do believe my skin just doesn't like the base formulation. Such is life. If it works for you great, if it doesn't just try the 10% formula instead. However I have found the easiest way of using glycolic acid in my routine is to simply add lactic acid to rosewater to make up to 10% strength, and use it as a leave on mist before moisturising.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by jordandean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product for 6 weeks. It has done a great job at evening my complexion and has turned my previously dull skin around. Without makeup I have a nice glow now and am contemplating ditching my foundation for daily use. I use it on my neck and cleavage too and because it is such a good price I feel like I can spread it around. I also put it on the back of my hands. I am given this to my mom and friend for Christmas and I think they will thank me! I have normal/combination skin and am not prone to breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by lightsout91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this one week ago and since then:
1. i haven't had ONE new pimple when i usually get one zit every other day
2. i had about 5 zits on my face since starting this and now i only have 1. literally, 1.

i didnt really want to believe the hype which is why i shunned this product away for sooo long (years, even.) but i'm just so fed up with my constant cycle of breakouts and red marks that i went and bought this...and i know this is still a bit early to review, but i can cry when i wash my face now and feel NO bumpyness or pain from the sensitivity of the zit.
i only use this once a day, at night. i wash my face with Neutrogena Deep Clean cleanser, tone with Aqua Glycolic toner, spot treat with BP if needed, and moisturize with this. i really DIG into this stuff too, i use maybe a bit less of a half teaspoon which i think is the secret to getting this souffle to really penetrate. if this continues to work, i'll definitely update this review!
Edit 2/11/10: HG status. Absolutely amazing. This is the only product that keeps my breakouts away - period. Differin didn't work this fast, Benzaclin didn't work this fast, and neither did Duac and all the other crap i've tried over the years. This cleans my pores, keeps my skin glowing and smooth and moisturized. I don't even use toner anymore, just wash my face and apply this. It took me years of shrugging off this product because I figured it was just a trend from the 90s that people didn't seem to care about anymore. I was sooo wrong. This isn't a 5 star product, it's a 10 star product.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2010 10:55:00 AM More reviews by OMGITSSHEA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried this stuff after reading the great reviews. I used it for about 3 weeks. I didn't really see a difference in my skin at all. Didnt break me out but didnt clear/brighten my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Suchan

For the price, this product works wonders and really exfoliates. Spread it on your face at night, then swipe the dead skin cells away in the morning. Since my face is combo/oily, it provides just enough moisture that I only need to add a little lotion on my outer cheeks. However, if you have really oily skin, you may find this product a little too greasy. This is one of the few facial skincare products that hasn't broken me out. Alpha Hydrox products are excellent, and they are well-priced; the only problem is find them. You can find a limited line at Ulta and the entire line directly through the AH Web site.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by CELAARIEL8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

love this stuff iam very acne prone and it has not broken out my skin like other creams have, i use this every night and i use the 10% enhanced cream in the morning and it has given me great results. My skin got really bad after i had my baby ( he is 2) i was left with red acne scar on my chin and cheeks.. i was so embarassed to be seen with no make up on so i decided to either find a good cream or treatment that would clear it up or i was going to save up and get laser.. iam go glad i found this on MA i dont even have to wear heavy concealer anymore to cover it up!! ive used this for almost one year and it has faded my scars so much my husband even asked me what i was using because it makes me glow in the morning. I wish i would have taken before and after pictures... i love thats its not ridiculously expensive and that it actually works. Use it continously and im sure you will see great results as well

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2010 4:06:00 AM More reviews by alin81

i've read so many excellent reviews on this product, unfortunately it's not for me..

i have very oily, acne prone, sensitive skin.. i was hoping this cream would help to clear out my acne.. since it's not available in my country, i have to buy it from an online blogger who also has to import it from US.. which makes the price much higher

this cream irritated my skin that i broke out so badly.. probably the worst breakout i've ever had in my entire life.. i had pimples all over my face

at first i applied it every 3 days and stopped after 3 applications because of the bad reaction.. but the pimples remained

after stopping for two weeks i decided to give it another try.. i used it every night for the next two weeks.. then the horrible thing happened.. my skin broke out even worse than before

it took me almost 3 months to clear out all the acne.. i didn't wear any make up in those 3 months because my skin was so itchy and irritated

i would never recommend this cream to anyone with sensitive, acne prone skin like mine.. i think the 12% AHA is just too much for my skin, since i also had the same reaction when using Diacneal from Avene (6% AHA, i think)

i'm not even sure if i'll ever use any product with glycolic acid again in the future after the bad experience, despite how effective it is to fight certain skin problems

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by MbMinx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

HG!!!

I love AlphaHydrox AHA Souffle. My skin tolerates it well with no adverse reactions. It doesn't clog my pores or make me break out. It leaves my skin soft and smooth. My fine lines are fading and even some of my more obvious lines are disappearing. I'm not a huge fan of the tub packaging, but it's a stable product and I'm not losing anything. It's inexpensive and effective.

What more could I want?

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 6:14:00 PM More reviews by cerecita

So far Great! Its true that when u first start using this ur skin will 'purge' not because it causes new breakouts but it forces the ones that are s
'starting up' to come out... this usually meant white looking heads....it DEF had an effect on my skin.

This i also use as a spot treatment and i can actually say out of all the lotions ive ever tried , this along with their actual lotion, makes the most difference in my skin.

best of all its cheap .. around 11-16 dollars at drugstore.com
bad news: hard to find in actual stores

actually the lotion is cheap, this is an unfair price i would say cuz the package is kinda small for the price, but still i would def repurchase...

what other drugstore treatment can u get for under 20 bucks that offers 12% AHA and pf 4? Those usual items cost around 30+

so i guess this is pretty cheap!

be patient, because most likely ull purge the first few weeks... but thats a good thing ...cuz its taking all the nasties out! :P

UPDATE: Now after almost 3 weeks... my skin is starting to go back to bein clear again..YEAAAAYY I can dEF say this had a major PART in it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by busyscmom

I bought this product after reading all the rave reviews. While it is a very good AHA product at the right pH I felt that the base was too heavy for me..felt very greasy. Definitely a wonderful option for drier skin types.