MAC Skinfinish-Stereo Rose

4.3

on 7/18/2010 2:19:00 PM

OK so I will admit that I totally jumped on the bandwagon for Stereo Rose. I saw swatches and some youtube videos of people who got their hands on the collection early and they all raved about Stereo Rose. I woke up at 8 in the morning to place my order online and it was already sold out on the MAC website. In a panic I called the MAC PRO line and they said that they still had Stereo Rose in stock so I ordered two. I AM IN LOVE. It is my HG cheek color for sure!! It is the perfect coral flush on my NC25 skintone. It is very pigmented and gives the perfect sheen (not glitter!). The only thing I have against it is staying power. The first day I put it on with only foundation underneath and it faded in about 5-7 hours. But if you put a cream color base (I normally use Hush) or a cream blush underneath it it stays all day! I love using either the MAC 129 for more color payoff or the 187 for a suttle glow.
I have also heard that people are saying that there is not as much product as there normally is in MSFs. While this might be true (I haven't compared it to other MSFs or anything) I still think there is a TON of product and even if you use this MSF everyday it will last you a really long time.
Overall, if you got this MSF keep it! If you didn't, don't pay over retail price to get it on ebay! Try to find someone who is selling it for retail price or try to swap for it.

on 7/17/2010 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Somehow the "would you buy this product again?" is funny to me considering the frenzy that accompanied the release and the fact that many who wanted the product couldn't even purchase One. Lol.

I had convinced myself I didn't need it and then the day before release at counters I decided to give in to the hysteria. I had to call a few counters in my area to track one down and at my last stop was told I snagged the last one at that particular counter. I had it shipped to me at home and anxiously awaited its arrival. During that agonizing 4 day wait I thought of it...arriving broken, having been accidently sold to another customer (as happened quite a bit according to the boards), or the S.A. "mistakenly" putting the wrong shade msf in the box to be shipped. Much to my relief stereo rose showed up at my door, unscathed and happy to be home.

It's a gorgeous glowy coral blush on me (NC30ish at the moment) and if I get any darker this summer I can see that it would be a lovely highlight. I don't regret tracking this baby down at all and I can see why it was so loved on its last release however it still doesn't merit the current asking price on ebay. I wouldn't pay over retail for it. I can appreciate what a beautiful blush it is but at the end of the day it's still Just a makeup product.

If you *still* have the opportunity to pick this up then go for it but don't lose any sleep on the boards here if you don't. Retails for just under $30.

on 7/17/2010 1:33:00 PM

I will admit, I was one of the crazy ones looking for this and scaring MAC MAs all over my state. I finally got myself one while I was in vacation in Puerto Rico and I nearly yanked it out of the MA's hands. This blush IS gorgeous, it is PERFECT for the summer but I have to ask myself if it's worth all the hype. The answer is no. Now, I'm not going to get rid of mine, I do love it a lot but honestly it's not worth paying 50 bucks like someone people are in ebay.

on 7/17/2010 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

gorgeous product. very wearable. gorgeous glowy cheeks.

on 7/16/2010 6:04:00 PM

I wanted to hate this product because I didn't want to believe the hype and be disappointed. Upon first glance I honestly thought it was dupable. My blush collection mainly consist of coral/peachy blushes, and so I pessimistically tried to compare as much as I could. The only thing that comes close is the Cargo blush in Rome, it is very similar (at least on my skin tone) except for the fact that the Stereo Rose is not as pigmented. I think that if you missed out on this one, the minerlized blush duo in "a little bit of sunshine" is striking similar as well. Rome is more orangey, and " a little bit of sunshine" is more bronzey.

Stereo Rose is actually a really beautiful color and gives a gleaming glow. Its stay-power is comparable to its predecessors, not full of chunky glitter, and you wouldn't need an additional highlighter to achieve more dimension.

Overall, I'm glad I purchased it. It's not to-die-for, but I can understand why everyone is going gaga over it. It's nice.

on 7/16/2010 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I jumped on the lemming bandwagon, but only after I'd seen a few swatches from euro bloggers who got their hands on this before it came out in North America. So, I knew exactly what I was getting. :)

That said, it looks even better in person, on my cheeks. On me (NW20) it's a glowy peach with a bit of a gold tinge. There's no bronze on me whatsoever. Today I wanted to do a really bright peachy cheek so I put this from cheek back up the cheekbone and added Foolish Me blush on the apples. I love the summery way this makes me look!

**edit** I took one lippie off because of staying power. I put it on yesterday at noon, and when I got home at midnight it had basically disappeared!

on 7/16/2010 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Yes yes yes, I brought this all because of the hype and I'm so glad I did. At first, I was thinking of passing it because it looks nothing special but I was wrong. When applied on my cheeks, it's the most beautiful glowing blush ever. It's glowy but not glittery. When use this, I don't even need any other highlighter which save me time and afford. So by the time I knew I'm in love with this, I called 3 other MAC store to get a back up but they're all sold out. Luckily the 4th store still had some so I managed to get my hand on another one. Because this is love so I'll be very upset if I run out of this.

on 7/15/2010 10:31:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Ok, I admit, I gave into the hype surrounding this product. I wanted it and called one Pro Store and 2 counters until I found it. Like another reviewer, I got mine because someone forgot to pick up their hold and the time had expired. I got this and By Candlelight. Being a PPP, this is definitely a blush for me. I love coral blushes and this is similar to Coralista, Orgasm, etc. However, Stereo Rose has a bit more of an orangey tone to it. I have to pair it with a deeper toned lipstick to make it look right. Also, I have to apply it with a "skunk"/stippling brush, as applied with a blush brush it's too strong. It is pretty, but much like other MUAers who got it this time around, I am kind of wondering what all the excitement was about. Perhaps if I had gotten it the first time around, I'd understand better. I wouldn't say anyone "needs" this, but if you want a pretty coraly/orangey blush, I'd say go for it. Also, these are good value for the money, they last forever. So for $28, you may have something that will last you 3-4 yrs, even with frequent use. Can't say I'd buy it again, because it was LE & MAC may or may not re-issue it again.

This is my first MSF & the fact that everyone went crazy over Stereo Rose made me want to try this one over the others. I called over 25 stores looking for it, (including the one I went to today) & everyone was sold out. I went to the store today to take a look at purchasing one of the others. The MUA told me that I lucked up because she just restocked their last Stereo Rose that someone put on hold but didn't get. I have to admit, I'm not sure what all the frenzy was about, but this IS a pretty color. I'm an NW 43/45 and it's a light coral pink on me. I was told at another counter that Comfort might match my skintone better, but that hardly showed up on me so I passed on that. So far I am happy with Stereo Rose & I'm glad I got my hands on it. My only dissapointment is that it's not an everyday color (for me) so I still need to find an MSF that is.

on 7/14/2010 1:18:00 PM

I wanted this MSF for soooo long, so when it was re-released with In The Groove, I rushed to the MAC counter the day it came out and secured my very own Stereo Rose. Boy, was it a disappointment. The name "Stereo Rose" is very misleading; there's no rose to be had in this orange/bronze MSF. On the bright side, I did like the consistency (no chunky glitter) and pigmentation, which showed up on my NW15 skin with just one swipe (in stark contrast to some other MSFs, like By Candlelight).

I gave this 2 lippies because I can see this being an HG for someone more warm-toned looking or even a cool-toned girl looking for a bronzer. However, I was looking for a coral blush, and this is definitely too brownish for that. Back to the MAC counter it went.

Video Reviews & Tutorials