July 24, 2014 | 2199 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Skinfinish-Stereo Rose

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2010 2:30:00 AM More reviews by insanity89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

gorgeous product. very wearable. gorgeous glowy cheeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by chinkahbell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to hate this product because I didn't want to believe the hype and be disappointed. Upon first glance I honestly thought it was dupable. My blush collection mainly consist of coral/peachy blushes, and so I pessimistically tried to compare as much as I could. The only thing that comes close is the Cargo blush in Rome, it is very similar (at least on my skin tone) except for the fact that the Stereo Rose is not as pigmented. I think that if you missed out on this one, the minerlized blush duo in "a little bit of sunshine" is striking similar as well. Rome is more orangey, and " a little bit of sunshine" is more bronzey.

Stereo Rose is actually a really beautiful color and gives a gleaming glow. Its stay-power is comparable to its predecessors, not full of chunky glitter, and you wouldn't need an additional highlighter to achieve more dimension.

Overall, I'm glad I purchased it. It's not to-die-for, but I can understand why everyone is going gaga over it. It's nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by xcessa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I jumped on the lemming bandwagon, but only after I'd seen a few swatches from euro bloggers who got their hands on this before it came out in North America. So, I knew exactly what I was getting. :)

That said, it looks even better in person, on my cheeks. On me (NW20) it's a glowy peach with a bit of a gold tinge. There's no bronze on me whatsoever. Today I wanted to do a really bright peachy cheek so I put this from cheek back up the cheekbone and added Foolish Me blush on the apples. I love the summery way this makes me look!

**edit** I took one lippie off because of staying power. I put it on yesterday at noon, and when I got home at midnight it had basically disappeared!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by t4nvmind

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yes yes yes, I brought this all because of the hype and I'm so glad I did. At first, I was thinking of passing it because it looks nothing special but I was wrong. When applied on my cheeks, it's the most beautiful glowing blush ever. It's glowy but not glittery. When use this, I don't even need any other highlighter which save me time and afford. So by the time I knew I'm in love with this, I called 3 other MAC store to get a back up but they're all sold out. Luckily the 4th store still had some so I managed to get my hand on another one. Because this is love so I'll be very upset if I run out of this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok, I admit, I gave into the hype surrounding this product. I wanted it and called one Pro Store and 2 counters until I found it. Like another reviewer, I got mine because someone forgot to pick up their hold and the time had expired. I got this and By Candlelight. Being a PPP, this is definitely a blush for me. I love coral blushes and this is similar to Coralista, Orgasm, etc. However, Stereo Rose has a bit more of an orangey tone to it. I have to pair it with a deeper toned lipstick to make it look right. Also, I have to apply it with a "skunk"/stippling brush, as applied with a blush brush it's too strong. It is pretty, but much like other MUAers who got it this time around, I am kind of wondering what all the excitement was about. Perhaps if I had gotten it the first time around, I'd understand better. I wouldn't say anyone "needs" this, but if you want a pretty coraly/orangey blush, I'd say go for it. Also, these are good value for the money, they last forever. So for $28, you may have something that will last you 3-4 yrs, even with frequent use. Can't say I'd buy it again, because it was LE & MAC may or may not re-issue it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by ChocolatePeach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my first MSF & the fact that everyone went crazy over Stereo Rose made me want to try this one over the others. I called over 25 stores looking for it, (including the one I went to today) & everyone was sold out. I went to the store today to take a look at purchasing one of the others. The MUA told me that I lucked up because she just restocked their last Stereo Rose that someone put on hold but didn't get. I have to admit, I'm not sure what all the frenzy was about, but this IS a pretty color. I'm an NW 43/45 and it's a light coral pink on me. I was told at another counter that Comfort might match my skintone better, but that hardly showed up on me so I passed on that. So far I am happy with Stereo Rose & I'm glad I got my hands on it. My only dissapointment is that it's not an everyday color (for me) so I still need to find an MSF that is.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by sarajane927

I wanted this MSF for soooo long, so when it was re-released with In The Groove, I rushed to the MAC counter the day it came out and secured my very own Stereo Rose. Boy, was it a disappointment. The name "Stereo Rose" is very misleading; there's no rose to be had in this orange/bronze MSF. On the bright side, I did like the consistency (no chunky glitter) and pigmentation, which showed up on my NW15 skin with just one swipe (in stark contrast to some other MSFs, like By Candlelight).

I gave this 2 lippies because I can see this being an HG for someone more warm-toned looking or even a cool-toned girl looking for a bronzer. However, I was looking for a coral blush, and this is definitely too brownish for that. Back to the MAC counter it went.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 7:29:00 AM More reviews by skippylives

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just got Stereo Rose, and it's the first MSF I've ever bought. I swapped for all the others, but this one seemed like a must have. I think it's really nice. I'm ridiculously fair, NW15ish, and this just gave me a nice warm glow. I put it on top of a peach blush, and wow, very summery. Also looked amazing in pictures and gives that kind of soft finish look. I played with it a little bit, and I also like it as an eyeshadow. My MSF's are my new favorite things, and they're so darn pretty to look at!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by ashcrme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I was one of the lucky few that got my SR from MAC online when it came out (for two hours!) and received my package today.
This MSF is PERFECT for my skintone. At first I wasn't sure that I'd like it, because corals usually don't work for me - but wow!
I'd love to be able to find a normal MAC blush that could compare to this. A+, Stereo Rose. It isn't a pinkish blusher, but wow... its just incredible!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by rocksteady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first MSF I've bought from MAC. I only got it because of the hype it was getting and I didn't want to feel like I would be missing out on something great.

It is a beautiful rich coral colour with bronze veining in the pan but when applied it looks like a darker version of NARS orgasm but with more subtle gold shimmer. Stereo Rose has a nice fine consistency to it and applies very nicely, I don't have to use a light hand nor do I have to really pack it on for colour to show. I have been using it everyday for the past week and I can't decide if it really lives up to its hype. It is a pretty blush for my slightly tanned NC25 skintone but it doesn't blow me away.