September 16, 2014 | 2004 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by mandyfkm

Great texture, wake up with softened skin. Yet get a little oily on my t-zone. Hope it could feel a little less sticky after a while. But definitely would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Hadew1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Pros: feels lightweight on skin, moisturizes well, absorbs quickly, does not break me out (dry-combination, super-sensitive skin--Clinique Dramatically Different breaks me out like you wouldn't believe).
Cons: slightly sticky residue (doesn't bother me at all, but some might not like it), super super super pricey for amount of product, originally came in pot (unhygienic) but I have also tried it in a tube.

While I've loved the deluxe samples sizes I've tried, I can't afford it. I've found that Garnier's Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream has the same properties, but with stronger (not unpleasant) fragrance and far less expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2013 8:05:00 AM More reviews by patty48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really needed a good moisturizer, but had to be light weight. SA talked me into this one. Love the gel texture, felt cooling, no annoying smell and did not break me out like other reviewers, but it's so sticky. Never really sinks in. Didn't really moisturize either. I could have put another layer on as soon as I woke up this morning but my face is still sticky. Definite fail. I would not recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

As summer approaches and we leave winter far behind, my skin feels progressively better every day. I find I’m able to replace the thick, heavy-duty creams I rely on in the cold winter months with lighter moisturizers like Clinique’s Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief, a fantastic face moisturizer half way between a gel and a cream. I can already tell it’s going to be a star in my summertime skin care routine, after using it for about two weeks now.

With the exception of Clinique’s "Dramatically Different" Moisturizing Lotion, which breaks me out somethin’ fierce, my skin tolerates Clinique moisturizers very well. Knowing the brand, I wasn’t worried at all about potential pimples when I slathered peachy Moisture Surge Extended Relief all over my face before bed a few nights ago.

Right off the bat I noticed it felt a little lighter and more refreshing than my beloved Clinique Moisture On-line, which I used regularly last fall and winter. Moisture Surge absorbs faster than Moisture On-Line does, is nearly as hydrating and doesn’t leave a sticky residue.

After a couple days of use, my skin was clear and blemish-free, and I’ve been slathering it on at least twice per day — in the morning before applying sunscreen and at night before bed.

Using Moisture Surge I definitely feel that my skin is properly moisturized. In the past, with other lightweight moisturizers, my skin starts to tighten up by midday. That hasn’t happened with Moisture Surge. Plus, it doesn’t break me out, DEF PLUS!

I’ve also used it as a mask, applying a thicker-than-usual layer to damp, freshly-cleansed skin, and letting it work its magic!. After 10 minutes, I massaged the mask into the skin on my face until it was thoroughly absorbed. I LOUsing Moisture Surge I definitely feel that my skin is properly moisturized. In the past, with other lightweight moisturizers, my skin starts to tighten up by midday. That hasn’t happened with Moisture Surge. Plus, it doesn’t break me out, huzzah!

I’ve also used it as a mask, applying a thicker-than-usual layer to damp, freshly-cleansed skin, and letting it work its magic! After 10 minutes, I massaged the mask into the skin on my face until it was thoroughly absorbed. I LOVE using Moisture Surge as a mask. It made my skin feel soft, hydrated and just very comfortable.

It's almost about $40 with tax for a 1.7oz bottle, which is a downfall of this moisturizer. However, I loved it- and I will pay the money because I love this that much! It did everything it said it would, and exceeded my expectations.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Kaytee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a 1 oz sample size of this product, and I like it alright. I had been using it as a moisturizer when I felt like I didn't need a whole lot of moisture, but I read on here to use it over moisturizer, and I have to say it is working better. It doesn't really have much of a scent, but I like the gel consistency. I probably would not repurchase simply because it doesn't do too much for how expensive it is.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know why it is that when a product works for EVERYBODY else, it still breaks me out.

Backstory: I've been acne-prone since age 10 (now on the verge of my 43d birthday). I'd always been very oily but after years of BP, and retinoids and now aging and living in a desert climate, my skin has become extremely dry. The problem is that ultra-rich creams are still too cloggy for me and lesser, more lotiony products aren't hydrating enough. Also, for the price, I'd expect something just a tiny bit more cosmetically elegant. There's nothing fancy in here at all.

I had high hopes for this product given the good reviews. It did moisturize nicely but it never seemed to really sink in. I felt it left sort of a sticky film on my skin. After a few weeks of use, I noticed A LOT more clogged pores in my problem areas (cheeks, chin) and as of this writing, I'm not using this any more.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by loveloven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a product that I'll definitely buy again.
It gives the skin an extra moisture boost and you can even apply it over make up.
I doesn't cause my skin to break out in an allergic reaction, which usually happens with gel-like textures otherwise.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Rosiedinh21

The gel consistency that this moisturizer has absorbs into making skin making it plump and soft. Before using this product my cheeks were dry and rough but now they are super soft. Another great thing about this is that it did not break me out at all. Even though I love this moisturizer I have two complaints: 1. This is so expensive! I'm living on a student budget and this is wayyy to expansive. 2. This makes me oily on my T zone area even though it does wonders for my cheeks. I will and did rebut this( I'm currently on my 3rd jar)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by kattleya

I use this only twice a week or whenever i feel like i won't be wearing makeup from day to night. I bought this because i was suffering from dry parched skin and it was a month before my wedding. So i was kinda hoping that my skin would get better if i slather with it religiously everyday. And it did! my skin got better, not instantly of course but at least on my wedding day my make up stayed and i didn't feel itchy and dry.

Now that my skin got better i only wear it twice a week. I love the gel texture because my skin seems to absorb gel base product quicker than cream. It didn't work like a primer, but i feel my face is really smooth and plump, my makeup glides on smoothly when i wear this. Even after my makeup on, i can still feel the smoothness.

It's pricey? yes, but i definitely going to repurchase because i think this is one of the best moisturiser for me and i can feel my skin is improving. However i don't like the glass jar, it's heavy and too bulky.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Moniiaa16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you have dry skin, this is the right product for you. It's fragrance free and instantly makes your skin soft and keeps it that way the entire day. The skin absorbs it well and for me, it doesn't cause my face to break out. The packaging is fine - regular container with lid. Nothing special. Not suitable for anyone who has normal or oily skin since it may cause it to become/look greasy and too oily.