October 2, 2014 | 950 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 6:26:00 AM More reviews by CoralElectra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of my favourite products! ...Saved my skin this winter from dry patches. I'm using it now and then to lock the moisture after a regular moisturizer. Worked wonders for me but this is indeed a complimentary product not a moisturizer. Actually I'm pretty surprised to see so many negative reviews. Shall repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

So I got a sample size of this in a GWP. All I can say is wow, this might be the moisturizer that I will forever convert to. I used to use Cerave and after using this I realize that Cerave was probably clogging my pores. This one does what it advertises. It leaves my skin feeling amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Alyssaxoxo123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this cream because its oil free and I have acne prone skin. It doesn't really moisturize as much as I would like it to but I does a good job. I had some dry patches on my skin and this moisturizer was not helping with that. The I bought the exfoliating scrub and use it 2 a week and now the dry patches are gone and this moitirizer goes on my skin better as well as my makeup.. So overall it's a pretty good product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I love the cooling effect of All About Eyes so reckoned I would probably like Moisture Surge too. I didn't particularly need anything extra to hydrate my skin as I already use a facial mist during the summer to keep my face nice and dewy but I thought this would be good to use all year round, if it worked. I pop it over my usual moisturiser and it seems to give it a lovely cooling boost. I use a much cheaper gel over my night-time moisturiser on warm nights as it doesn't matter if it doesn't dry down quickly, but Moisture Surge is great for the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by mandyfkm

Great texture, wake up with softened skin. Yet get a little oily on my t-zone. Hope it could feel a little less sticky after a while. But definitely would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Hadew1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Pros: feels lightweight on skin, moisturizes well, absorbs quickly, does not break me out (dry-combination, super-sensitive skin--Clinique Dramatically Different breaks me out like you wouldn't believe).
Cons: slightly sticky residue (doesn't bother me at all, but some might not like it), super super super pricey for amount of product, originally came in pot (unhygienic) but I have also tried it in a tube.

While I've loved the deluxe samples sizes I've tried, I can't afford it. I've found that Garnier's Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream has the same properties, but with stronger (not unpleasant) fragrance and far less expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2013 8:05:00 AM More reviews by patty48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really needed a good moisturizer, but had to be light weight. SA talked me into this one. Love the gel texture, felt cooling, no annoying smell and did not break me out like other reviewers, but it's so sticky. Never really sinks in. Didn't really moisturize either. I could have put another layer on as soon as I woke up this morning but my face is still sticky. Definite fail. I would not recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

As summer approaches and we leave winter far behind, my skin feels progressively better every day. I find I’m able to replace the thick, heavy-duty creams I rely on in the cold winter months with lighter moisturizers like Clinique’s Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief, a fantastic face moisturizer half way between a gel and a cream. I can already tell it’s going to be a star in my summertime skin care routine, after using it for about two weeks now.

With the exception of Clinique’s "Dramatically Different" Moisturizing Lotion, which breaks me out somethin’ fierce, my skin tolerates Clinique moisturizers very well. Knowing the brand, I wasn’t worried at all about potential pimples when I slathered peachy Moisture Surge Extended Relief all over my face before bed a few nights ago.

Right off the bat I noticed it felt a little lighter and more refreshing than my beloved Clinique Moisture On-line, which I used regularly last fall and winter. Moisture Surge absorbs faster than Moisture On-Line does, is nearly as hydrating and doesn’t leave a sticky residue.

After a couple days of use, my skin was clear and blemish-free, and I’ve been slathering it on at least twice per day — in the morning before applying sunscreen and at night before bed.

Using Moisture Surge I definitely feel that my skin is properly moisturized. In the past, with other lightweight moisturizers, my skin starts to tighten up by midday. That hasn’t happened with Moisture Surge. Plus, it doesn’t break me out, DEF PLUS!

I’ve also used it as a mask, applying a thicker-than-usual layer to damp, freshly-cleansed skin, and letting it work its magic!. After 10 minutes, I massaged the mask into the skin on my face until it was thoroughly absorbed. I LOUsing Moisture Surge I definitely feel that my skin is properly moisturized. In the past, with other lightweight moisturizers, my skin starts to tighten up by midday. That hasn’t happened with Moisture Surge. Plus, it doesn’t break me out, huzzah!

I’ve also used it as a mask, applying a thicker-than-usual layer to damp, freshly-cleansed skin, and letting it work its magic! After 10 minutes, I massaged the mask into the skin on my face until it was thoroughly absorbed. I LOVE using Moisture Surge as a mask. It made my skin feel soft, hydrated and just very comfortable.

It's almost about $40 with tax for a 1.7oz bottle, which is a downfall of this moisturizer. However, I loved it- and I will pay the money because I love this that much! It did everything it said it would, and exceeded my expectations.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Kaytee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a 1 oz sample size of this product, and I like it alright. I had been using it as a moisturizer when I felt like I didn't need a whole lot of moisture, but I read on here to use it over moisturizer, and I have to say it is working better. It doesn't really have much of a scent, but I like the gel consistency. I probably would not repurchase simply because it doesn't do too much for how expensive it is.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know why it is that when a product works for EVERYBODY else, it still breaks me out.

Backstory: I've been acne-prone since age 10 (now on the verge of my 43d birthday). I'd always been very oily but after years of BP, and retinoids and now aging and living in a desert climate, my skin has become extremely dry. The problem is that ultra-rich creams are still too cloggy for me and lesser, more lotiony products aren't hydrating enough. Also, for the price, I'd expect something just a tiny bit more cosmetically elegant. There's nothing fancy in here at all.

I had high hopes for this product given the good reviews. It did moisturize nicely but it never seemed to really sink in. I felt it left sort of a sticky film on my skin. After a few weeks of use, I noticed A LOT more clogged pores in my problem areas (cheeks, chin) and as of this writing, I'm not using this any more.