Clinique Superpowder Double Face Makeup

3.8

new:: Talc, Isostearyl Linoleate, Titanium Dioxide, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Trimyristin, Alumina, Methicone, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate.May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, Red 30 Lake, Carmine, Bismuth Oxychloride, Red 7 Lake, Ultramarines

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ok, I've tried several powder foundations in the last few days and this is definately a better one. The last two drugstore ones I tried were SO chalky I find them nearly unusable. I TRY not to be a product snob but this was just better than the drugstore ones. As I said, this is NOT chalky, it went on very smooth, almost creamy. The coverage was excellent. I wish it had SPF but I'm willing to oversee that and count on my moisturizer for that. As far as the wear, I cannot say because I didn't take my makeup off til late and had already been in bed for a while (I know, bad, bad) so I will have to update on that front. UPDATE: Yay, this lasts too! And awesome powder foundation!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I brought this product after 1 of my favourite guru's on youtube told me she wore it. Her skin looked amazing and I thought I'd try it out myself.

Good points...I like the packaging a lot, the powder itself went on smoothly to my skin without much cakiness. However, this contains mineral oil, something with my acne-prone combo skin can't handle. Ever. Needless to say, it broke me out like a mofo! I was sad because I quite liked the look it gave me.

My friend uses this makeup and her skin always looks awesome, almost airbrushed. I decided to give it a try, and I didn't care for it at all. The powder seemed to just sit on top of my skin giving me a very chalky look. I took it back and got a refund. The next day I had a cystic blemish on my chin. Not sure if it is related, but I rarely ever get blemishes. This makeup didn't work for me, but it may work for you. Clinique has a great return policy.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE this product. Have used it years ago and always seem to come back to it. I've used Matte Ivory, Matte Beige, and Matte Honey at my most tan. I love the coverage and how it blends with my skin no matter what time of year it is (and how white or tan I am).

I've tried BareMinerals and it made me feel like I was wearing a wool mask and my face would itch terribly. I've never had this reaction to the Clinique powder.

I buy this product two at a time, one for my bathroom and one for my purse. I do touchup during the day, lightly over my nose and chin.

Update: Now that my skin is more dry the powder settles into my fine lines and makes them so much more noticable. I'm in the market for a tinted moisturizer (I think) that will do what I want.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm not a fan of this powder. Though the color matches are pretty good and the included sponge is better than average, the formula doesn't look natural and cakes too much (and the pan itself oxidizes too much). It may work decently for normal skin, but I wouldn't recommend it for dry or oily types.

I loved this foundation when I first used my sister's a couple years ago in 04 Matte Honey, so I immediately went out to Sephora to pick one up. However, I stopped using it for a couple years because it feels a bit heavy after awhile, even though it did provide good coverage.

I recently started using it again to even out my skin tone, which it does a great job of doing. However, I applied my makeup at around 7:30 this morning and by 9:30am my face was already oily! Not very convenient to have to covertly whip out an oil absorbing sheet at work...I felt like I needed another oil sheet later around 12, but refrained. Instead, I went home and dusted on a layer of BE Mineral Veil, which seemed to work well. I don't usually have extremely oily skin and if I wear foundation, I'll have to use an oil absorbing sheet in the afternoon, but NEVER 2 hours after I applied the foundation! I still do really like the coverage it gives me though, so I'll probably finish using this one because it was expensive and the shade perfectly matches my tanned skin in the summer (yellow undertones). I would not repurchase due to the oil factor and am on the search for a cheaper drugstore brand foundation!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

omgg i stocked up on this prouct i LOVEEEE ITT
its my everyday foundation
i lovee the packaging too its cute
but i swear its amaazing
pros:
makes you LITERALLYY look flawless
evens out your skin tone
lasts all day
matchs everyones skintone

cons:
NONEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE THIS STUFFF1!!!1
i recommended it to my friends and they bought it and feel the same way!

I love this powder! I use it as a foundation. It gives great coverage and I rarely have to use a concealer over it. This powder is just amazing. It eliminates that terrible shine I always get on my nose and it feels light on your skin. It doesn't get cakey during the day and you don't really need a brush to apply it. The sponge that comes with it is excellent for apply this powder. I really love this powder and it hasn't given me a breakout in the past week I've been using it. I recommend this to people with oily skin. It really absorbs any excessive shine.

I decided to give this powder another try since I used to use it for many years. I had stopped using it because I started to have breakouts & went through a bad breakout phase in my early 20s. Now that my skin is back to normal, I thought I'd give it another shot. I really like the texture & the coverage of this powder & I always did. But unfortunately, the problem I had with it this time is that I would begin to oil up very quickly. I have combo skin, so I am used to needing touchups throughout that day. But even after touching up, I would just get more oily looking more quickly. I was disappointed that my skin reacted this way. But I do know that this powder is made with mineral oil, so I understand why it would make my combo skin oily. I was hoping it wouldn't affect me like some people have claimed :(

The other thing I noticed was the the more the day wore on, the more my face color seemed to turn orange. I'm not sure if it's the shade I chose, or if it's the powder itself. I do know that when I put the powder on in the morning, it did not look orange. It would appear as the day went on.

All in all, I would not recommend this powder to anyone who is prone to oily skin. If your skin is dry, this may be the perfect powder! Just be sure to research the colors & look for any orange discoloration!

This is a staple product in my makeup bag which I simply cannot live without.

The colourmatch to my fair/medium skin is perfect (07 matte neutral). The coverage is excellent for a pressed powder and leaves the skin looking flawless. I have found that the best way to apply this is to use a sponge applicator like the one provided, load the product onto it and then buff into the skin in circular motions.

During the day I can wear this alone (provided no break-outs) and its equally good worn over foundation in the evening for a more "done" look.

My only gripe is that in hot weather it can be slightly heavy and clogging, but other than that, fantastic.