October 24, 2014 | 1907 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - Alien

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 5:35:00 AM More reviews by localholyp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

current signature scent... intoxicating is definitely the word to describe this perfume. very long-lasting, uplifting, manages to be simultaneously casual and sexy/sensual, so I can wear it whenever I want. smells better and better as it mellows out.. addicted to this scent. very unique. i've gotten SO many compliments on it! also it lingers like crazy (love that!)

very strong perfume. i use two sprays at a time and that more than suffices...honestly one is probably enough.

LOVE IT!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by rhondamlm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well I have to admit before trying Alien I didn't really think it was in my fragrance category, typically liking light airy florals such as Pleasures, Juicy Couture (while not airy) and Chance Eau Tendre but since I was looking for a new special fragrance I have tried literally dozens so I figured after reading the reviews I'd give it a try.

Wow, the initial out spray (Just ONE spray) on my wrist smelled a unique pretty floral that i had never smelled before.... but literally within minutes morphed on my skin into some odd strange very annoying smell. Being outside a few hours later outside, I continued getting odd whiffs of this perfume and it was nauseating to me, that is all I could smell on the wrist of my jacket, on the top of my glove, just awful on me. I seriously of all that I've tried in these past few months, while many I didn't like and had to scrub only this one and and the other one from Theirry Mugler, which was Womanity which had the same effect I seriously could not wait to wash off and get my clothes off , including my jacket and coat. It just didn't work with my chemistry and morphed into a horrid strange powerful smell that I couldn't get rid of quick enough.

While I'm sure it may keep that beautiful initial burst on most people for me it just didn't work.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by MariettaKar

Would I buy this product again???Hell yeah!!! I simply adore it.....It has the perfect scent and it truly lasts till next morning(when I wake up, I can smell the left-overs of the fragrance all over my hair and skin)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by mrsmcg

I LOVE this! It's a sharp, peppery floral upon initial application, but then dries down to a more muted, but still spicy, floral, with hints of musk. I smelled it on my friend a few years ago and have been obsessed ever since, it's just edgy enough to be interesting, but not so much to be overpowering, I think.
It's a bit more than I'd like to pay, something like $80 at Macy's for a mid-size bottle, but since it's a stronger scent, you can get away with one good spritz on a wrist that you dab on pulse points, so it does last awhile. I used to have a tin of the solid version of it, and that was good too, just a dab on the pulse points and I was good to go!

Of note: this is the kind of spice that gives some people headaches, so I would recommend skipping this as an everyday perfume if you work in an office or other small, enclosed setting.. it's perfect for nights out with a dark, sexy dress, or with a witchy halloween costume, etc.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by bagpuss21

This is my favourite fragrance ever, i heard about it after smelling on someone at a party, all i could smell was her, and so many people commented on how lush it was....i went to boots the next day and sprayed some on my arm...OMG i didnt like it, it smelt nothing like it did on me as it did on her....so i left it. I got home and was putting my shopping away and all of a sudden i got a whiff of the girl...that lovely smell, it was me, my arm where i sprayed...after a few mins it kinda changes and just smells so devine....i wear this every day and every time i wear it i get comliments.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by annalise3141

Such a unique smell, people actually stop in shops to ask what it is! But sometimes its hard to smell when you have it on, simply because you get used to it, so you tend to spray more on, and as its a strong smell, it can become very overpowering!
But its defiantly a must, long lasting and so lovely!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 5:23:00 AM More reviews by danammelvin

I just recently discovered this perfume and I am so drawn to it. I can't stop smelling my wrist when I wear it, and the lasting power is incredible, so it must go well with my chemistry. I love waking up the next morning and it is still on my skin. Extra bonus is my husband loves it and loved it even more when I showed him the bottle and the name!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by MyKarmaRanOverYourDogma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love big heady florals and oriental scents and I am a huge fan of jasmine... but this is just overkill. This is the only fragrance ever to had given me a headache. All I smell is vanilla and jasmine so this fragrance does not seem complex or well-composed - which I expect at that price. The bottle is lovely but that is it, at least for me. This is cloying and generic and I really don't know what TM was thinking.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by millymichelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mugler is synonymous with really strage yet enticing scents. Angel was one, Womanity is the other, and now I'm trying Alien.

I bought this after a co-worker told me that she was wearing it. It left a path wherever she went.

I love the smell and I love the bottle, but now that I've been wearing it for a month or so, I can't smell it on myself anymore....Maybe I've gotten used to it, but the whole point of perfume is to give myself the pleasure of smelling it. Instead, others smell it on me, which I guess is okay. Because of this I find myself spraying more than recommended which is making the bottle empiter faster. Le sigh =/

I also feel like I accidently may have gotten a version that isn't as strong. It's definitely the eau de parfum version, but it's also the refillable version which I fear may be a different formulation than the regular eau de parfum one I was trying on in the store.

But besides this, I love the weird smell and will be going back to Macys to get it refilled when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by csaman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this perfume. Everytime I wear it, I get many compliments. Very nice and long lasting.