TRESemme Instant Heat Tamer Spray

4.1

Water, Amodimethicon , Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, PVP, Polysorbate 20, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin

on 6/2/2013 8:31:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

The main ingredient in this is 'water'?, I didn't think water is a good main ingredient for heat styling? from what I researched online water mixed with heat actually bubbles and breaks the hair strands. Hence im not sure weather to trust this product or not. As far as using the actual product it is just 'okay', the nozzle looks cool but when using it, it's awkward to spray especially around the back of my head. I prefer the standard nozzles like on the matrix iron smoother heat protectant. It smells okay but it smells a bit plasticky to me, personally im not a big fan of drug store hair care this is really the only hair product I've ever bought from drug store. I don't like this product and will not repurchase.

on 5/30/2013 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is my HG hair texturizer spray.

My hair is extremely fine, and so it can look pretty bad and stringy without any product. Just a few sprays of this makes it look well-kept and also cuts down on static and flyaways. I love my hair after I use this spray. I use it when blowdrying too, but generally I will just use it to give my hair some life and luxury by spritzing it when it's dry.

The only downside is a few times the cap got unscrewed and I lost most of the product in my bag. However I do like that it has a little plastic thingy you can turn to lock the spray thingie closed. Love this spray.

on 5/19/2013 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is a no-fuss, easy to use & affordable heat protectant. The spray is very fine unlike others I've tried (GHD etc.), it distributes the product evenly and doesn't drench my hair which is great! Smells nice and works efficiently. It also has a locking mechanism which makes it great for travel. Good product from TreSemme!

on 5/19/2013 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I used to straighten my hair everyday (I don't do it everyday anymore. Maybe once a month or so..) and I always used this spray! I feel like it really helped my hair to not getting so damaged and appear more skiny. Of course I can't tell if it really helped against the heat, since I always used it. But I feel like it really does help and everytime i use heat-tools, this is my go-to.

on 5/16/2013 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this product. This is by far the best heat protection spray I have used on my hair. It smells great, the spray is light, it doesn't weigh your hair down, and is a great price! I have been using this product since it came out. I highly recommend it. I use a lot of heat on my hair, and this spray helps to protect my hair.

on 5/14/2013 2:58:00 PM

There's a reason there's so much hype around this product. It WORKS! I've been using it for several months, and it's really cut down on the damage I do to my hair. I use heat on my hair almost every single day, and this helps to cut down on split ends (which I normally struggle with), and just leave my hair feeling healthier, silkier and shinier.

The spray itself has a nice, pleasant smell, and I genuinely enjoy putting it on my hair. This is my HG heat tamer, and I honestly can't see myself using anything else ever.

BONUS: It's like, what, 5 bucks? Such a bargain.

This is just ok for me, I didn't notice a huge difference in my hair. I personally like the new platinum strength better.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Ive repurchased this already.
I can understand why this gets rave reviews, It smells really nice and has a very nice even mist I'm not sure how great it is at protecting but I dont feel like my hair has been fried after I straighten it so thats a plus. It does have hydolyzed silk and biotin in it so that will nourish your hair as well.

I saw a few more versions of this at target the other day and one was a "Platinum strength" version. I may try that one next as it has an oil in it and I read somewhere that the oil in heat protectant spray is actually the ingredient that does the protecting :) I would assume that the hydrolyzed silk does that as well, though.

Make sure you let it dry completely before using any heat on it (except a blow dryer of course...) I usually use this from my ears down.

Cant beat it for the price!

on 4/18/2013 11:54:00 PM

I bought this after reading so many glowing reviews, and I'm really happy with this product. My hair is soft and smooth and my ends don't feel dry and crispy after flat-ironing. Actually, since I've starting using this spray I've hardly needed to use my flat iron and that makes me very happy. :)
The trigger is a bit awkward, I've sprayed myself in the face more times that I care to count, and the product smells like cheap hairspray but those are the only complaints that I can think of. I'll definitely be purchasing this product again.

on 4/17/2013 12:58:00 AM

repurchased a few times.

i am not sure if it really protects my hair nicely. but the thought of spraying something to prevent damage makes me feel at ease

Video Reviews & Tutorials