TRESemme Instant Heat Tamer Spray

4.1

Water, Amodimethicon , Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, PVP, Polysorbate 20, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Ive repurchased this already.
I can understand why this gets rave reviews, It smells really nice and has a very nice even mist I'm not sure how great it is at protecting but I dont feel like my hair has been fried after I straighten it so thats a plus. It does have hydolyzed silk and biotin in it so that will nourish your hair as well.

I saw a few more versions of this at target the other day and one was a "Platinum strength" version. I may try that one next as it has an oil in it and I read somewhere that the oil in heat protectant spray is actually the ingredient that does the protecting :) I would assume that the hydrolyzed silk does that as well, though.

Make sure you let it dry completely before using any heat on it (except a blow dryer of course...) I usually use this from my ears down.

Cant beat it for the price!

on 4/18/2013 11:54:00 PM

I bought this after reading so many glowing reviews, and I'm really happy with this product. My hair is soft and smooth and my ends don't feel dry and crispy after flat-ironing. Actually, since I've starting using this spray I've hardly needed to use my flat iron and that makes me very happy. :)
The trigger is a bit awkward, I've sprayed myself in the face more times that I care to count, and the product smells like cheap hairspray but those are the only complaints that I can think of. I'll definitely be purchasing this product again.

on 4/17/2013 12:58:00 AM

repurchased a few times.

i am not sure if it really protects my hair nicely. but the thought of spraying something to prevent damage makes me feel at ease

on 4/14/2013 6:25:00 PM

I love this product! It makes my hair feel and smell amazing. I straighten my hair about every other day and if I dont use this beforehand my hair looks like crap after I straighten it. The only downside is the nozzle I always spray too much at once or it gets all over everything.

on 4/9/2013 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I went through two or three of this product in and thought it was the ultimate product ever. Granted I hated the smell; I can only describe it as a manly plastic smell. Along with the fact that after using another thermal protectant spray that my hair was much more dry and rough then what my hair felt with the other. I decided to discontinue this product in my beauty regimen for ever. Granted I guess itís better then anything, even though there are other products that are around the same price that are better.

on 4/9/2013 10:31:00 PM

I purchased this based on the MUA reviews, and so far I am happy with this purchase. It doesn't have s strong overpowering scent, just a light clean scent, which is nice. It also leaves my hair feeling normal, not too dry, not brittle, and it doesn't leave a sticky film behind. The cost is affordable too...very happy and will repurchase.

on 4/5/2013 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I won't buy any other heat protectants. That is how much I love this.
This heat tamer spray smells great! I can't tell if it's ACTUALLY protecting my hair, but my hair seems fine and still feels healthy. I spray this on dry hair before I use a curling iron and it really helps the curls hold, surprisingly! I didn't use hairspray at all after I curled my hair and it was still pretty curly by the end of the day. Of course, the curls were much looser - but still impressive since my hair is stick straight.
Love love love the spray nozzle on this thing. The mist is so fine and even.
*One warning though: don't spray TOO much into your hair! It will make it feel sticky and gross.
Overall, I love this product and will continue to repurchase :)

on 3/30/2013 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I actually use this product whenever I heat style my hair. I love the smell, and it helps smooth down any frizz I'm experiencing prior to styling. I have used better smelling, better taming heat protectants, but for the cheap price it does get the job done for my hair. it doesn't weight down my ends or cause my roots to get oily. It is a decent product for me, but I'd recommend a few others before TRESemme. I don't like any of their other products really and bought the heat protectant because I was short on cash.

on 3/30/2013 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Though there seems to be some controversy in the reviews, I really like this product. The smell is okay and it leaves my hair soft after I blow dry or flatiron it. The only thing I don't really like is if you spray too much it does feel kind of heavy and sticky, but overall if you spray it lightly all over it works well. I have already went through a bottle and I will be buying another one soon.

on 2/27/2013 4:44:00 PM

Worst heat defencer i ever used in my life. This product is making you hair sticky and greasy, but what else you expect from chep product... Not worth spening any money on it.

Popular Styling Products