September 15, 2014 | 1826 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by rojetor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Wow this product is amazing for my hair!! I straighten/blow dry my hair a lot more than I should, and this stuff is the only reason my hair isn't a complete frizz ball. I spray it on while it's damp, then dry and straighten my hair as usual and my hair is always noticeably shinier, smoother, and just in general looks healthier. I love it!!! It is really inexpensive too, the spray nozzle is really handy. It only takes a few seconds, it is so easy to use! I personally don't like the smell, but that's just my own personal preference and doesn't detract from the product at all. Overall this is an amazing hair product!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Smiley0821

This is my 3 bottle of this spray at first i liked it but i hate the nozzle spray and it makes my hair feel sticky

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by traceyjoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only heat protectant that I've ever bought and it will be the only one I'd ever purchase. It's perfect. The only problem I have with this is how it's made. The lid broke off, but it's fine cause I have extra spray bottles lying around so I just put the heat protectant in another spray bottle and it still usable. I highly recommend it if you're looking for one. You can find it in any drugstore and is very affordable!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2013 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Smashra08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am really suprised at the rave reviews this product has been getting. I never use cheap brands like Tresemme on my hair, but after hearing about it on youtube, and reading the reviews here, I thought I'd give it a try.

I found it really bad. I sprayed it onto my almost dry hair and used my silver bullet iron. It made my hair go really really frizzy, and my hair just wouldnt straighten at all! It just looked as if I had brushed out my curls, which is not very flattering.

The smell? I dont know why everyone has been complimenting it. It smells like hairspray to me, which I dont think its a particularly pleasant smell.

The trigger bottle is super annoying. Its hard to use if you want to get an all over spray, its pretty awkward getting the back of your head without wasting half the bottle, as well as spraying your neck and face....lol maybe this was just complicated for me as my hair is really really long and thick.

I am really suprised that this works for so many people, but I guess the fact that it cost $8 AUD, no big deal if you give it a try, but I def wont be using it again, going back to my morrocan oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by snowwgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Whats that on my hair?? Shine! Wow, used this with a big curling iron and the shine it added was immediately noticeable.
Seems to help with hold while not feeling sticky too.If it really does help with heat protection, thats a bonus.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by imadesphousewife

I have terribly thin, fine hair that I need to straighten every day or it completely frizzes up on me. I've tried many heat protection products and this one is by far my favorite. Maybe it's just my hair type, but I've found others make it feel nasty and waxy. This leaves it silky, soft, and you can't beat the price. Really, really love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by hellotampon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this when I first bought a flat iron, and hated it. It made my hair all waxy and sticky, maybe because it sprayed on too heavy. I had to throw it out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Dayday00

It's my go to product.
I've gone through so many bottles i stopped to count ahah.
It's not expensive and it does a wonderful job. My hair is shiny and soft after I used it. And even if I straightened my hair every day, my hair is beautiful and not dammage. Thanks to this spray!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by BCbabe

I know this gets a lot of love, but I have a hard time feeling it. I bought it due to all the positive reviews, but it really didn't impress me very much (felt like nothing on the hair and doesn't add any softness) and then I took a look at the ingredients. Aqua (water) is the first one! Am I missing something here? I thought water was never supposed to be used on your hair before using any sort of heat tool (water expands, turns into steam under extreme heat, causing little 'bubbles' or breaks in the hair). I now check the ingredients on every "heat styling" product and make sure there is no water in it. The packaging is ok (if you want to save it to use with a "safer" liquid protectant) and it does give a fine mist, but it also feels a bit awkward to hang on to. I have to keep readjusting my hold on it to go all around my head. I'm sticking to my serums...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of those products that I'll happily buy 2-3 of when I'm at the drugstore. I bought this because I feel I should put something between my hair and heat styling tools, so I use this spray 2-3 times a week before I blow dry. I began using TRESemme heat tamer around the same time that I started blow drying my hair instead of straightening it, so it is difficult to speak to its efficacy. However, my hair is definitely healthier overall and I'm on my 3rd bottle of this stuff.

Pros: It smells good, sprays evenly, and the best part is you can't over do it. I remember using a CHI heat protection spray and it left my hair all piece-y and sticky feeling. TRESemme doesn't leave any residue or reduce the time I can go between washes. I also really like the spray nozzle, which makes it easy to mist product evenly throughout your hair. The smell isn't bad, either, and it's not too expensive.

Cons: I guess if I'm going to be picky, the spray nozzle is a bit bulky for travelling, even though it locks really easily. It's not a problem for me, though, because I transfer my hair products to tiny spray bottles for travel with a carry-on. continued >>