April 23, 2014 | 1410 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Clear

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Silvia8329

I am a contact lens wearer and my eyes are irritated by most eye makeup. This irritated my eyes but it wasn't extreme so I will continue to use as my options are pretty limited, especially in drugstore brands.

It gives your lashes a little bit of gloss but obviously doesn't make them darker. I found that applying it then holding the lashes up with the applicator while aiming a warm blow dryer at them helps the lashes curl and also dries the product faster. I don't have an eyelash curler right now so this is a decent alternative.

I've never tried it on my brows.

It is cheap, isn't too irritating and readily available at any drugstore or big box store.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by kaboomxjenzie

this is the perfect brow wax/setter. the only thing i hate is the applicator/wand, which i think is plastic, and it just applies too much on the brows but its fine if you use this as an eyelash primer. also it takes a while to dry and doesnt tame the thicker longer brow hairs. it doesnt smell like anything crazy. and i like how its clear so you actually see how much product you are getting, which to me, looks like a lot :) i didnt give it a full 5 stars only because i found a new love for setting my brows - aloe vera! my brows stay SO MUCH BETTER than this and its a healthier product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by janaoo4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm really really surprised by this stuff. I love it, and I don't usually love.... anything really lol. I was told that this stuff was great as a primer to put under your mascara, and they were right. I was hesitant to try this stuff because the normal version of this mascara is probably the worst thing you could ever buy.

This stuff was really cheap, I think it was like $5 at WallMart for a product you can use as a mascara primer, a clear mascara and as something to set your brows.

I happen to like the packaging. I like the brush, it puts on a small amount of product which is great because the product itself takes a long time to dry due to the high amount of glycerin making it very wet, which is by no means a bad thing unless you have short sparse lashes. If you have short lashes that need to maintain a strong curl you probably shouldn't use this because of how wet it is.

I have MAC's prep and prime lash primer and I find that this stuff actually works better as a mascara primer than MAC's product. This stuff lengthens and thickens subtly which looks very shiny, feathery and natural unlike MAC's product which ends up looking thick and chunky even with careful application. And because of the high amount of glycerin in this product it also conditions your lashes and makes them really soft and shiny.

Overall I really really like this stuff. I'm pleasantly surprised, and I will be re-buying it. It's cheap, it works, it's non-scented so it doesn't cause irritation, it conditions your eye lashes making them better with use. What else could you want? This is a yes for me. A no for girls with short, sparse lashes that need to maintain a heavy curl.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by 3PuppyLove3

It is good for the lashes when you just want to give them a little definition. When i use it for my eye brows it isn't that great. It takes a while to dry to the point where i just wipe it off if i'm in a hurry, plus it doesn't keep your brows tame. Not the best

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by CreamPuffification

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Good mascara for lazy days when I don't want to risk an accidental smudge when I apply my regular black mascara. It just gives a light boost to my lashes and you can't see any smudge during the day since its clear. Drying time a bit long but since it is clear, no matter xD

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by xoxpinkbear

This product does not work for me ): it took very long to dry on my eyelashes and irritated by eyes so much I have to wash it off! Be very careful when applying more than one coat on your eyelashes as it tends to be very clumpy. Although my eyelashes feel a bit stiffer, my eyebrows didn't get any stiffer after I applied the product on and I didn't see a noticeable difference. Not sure if it's mascara at all since it smells a bit like hand sanitizer. Definitely not worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by BonnieD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the perfect clear mascara anyone can ask for. This is my only clear mascara I have ever tried in my life, and it will remain that. This is perfect for keeping brows in place, for using on lashes for an all natural look, or used on lashes prior to application of colored or black mascara to enhance the mascara's features. It will help hold a curl even better if used before another mascara is applied, and will help separate lashes and even lengthen and add volume to them just slightly. This is available pretty much anywhere, and the price is great. Would definitely recommend, and without hesitation I will always repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by eilishfitz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I loooooooooooooooooooooove this. I use it as an eyebrow gel and its amazing, seriously. I tell my friends to buy it because they complain about other eyebrow gels being sticky. This one is you put it on and forget about it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by andie0929

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Have been using this for a few weeks now to smooth my brows. Does a pretty good job for holding everything in place without feeling sticky or looking crusty.

I have also used this as a last primer and it helps define my lashes before mascara. I will probably buy this again...

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by sarahdance

Bought this to tame eyebrows but will need something stronger. A small cluster of hairs refuse to be tamed and this didn't do the trick.