Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

3.7

AQUA (WATER) . CYCLOMETHICONE . GLYCERIN . TALC . PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL) . PEG/ PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE . MAGNESIUM SULFATE . TRIDECETH-3 . METHICONE . METHYLPARABEN . SQUALANE . [ /- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) . CI 77019 (MICA) . CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) . CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) . CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) . CI 75470 (CARMINE) . “NF8897” .

on 7/20/2013 4:33:00 PM

I have been using this product for a very long time (years) but just now I decided to share my long-term experience with it. When I first tried it, I was absolutely impressed by it. And for some time I could just not go out without it. At this time it was a pretty new product, at least for me, and I think not many other brands were offering something similar.

What changed - first my skin. I think this product is meant much more to enhance rather than to hide. And before my thirties I was proud with very smooth skin. Therefore I didn't need any heavier makeup but I had my small secret - Touche Eclat #1. I was applying it
gently to the inner corners of my eyes, just below the outer corner of the brows, on the tip of my nose and I was getting so many compliments for my skin without anyone realizing I was wearing make-up and I loved it! Because it just made my natural beauty shine. But time passed and now it is just not enough for me any more. I have dark circles under my eyes and tiny wrinkles have appeared although all the creams I have been using.

The second thing that has changed since then is that some other companies started to offer similar products even at a cheaper price.

I still have Touche Eclat #1 in my makeup bag although it is not any more a favorite product. Still, on the plus side is that if taken care properly, this product can last for a very long time which compensates for its high price.

on 7/12/2013 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have pretty prominent under-eye circles (although I find I am able to conceal them relatively well) and am on the lighter end of the "generally dark" skin spectrum. I don't find that this product is full enough coverage as a corrector or concealer, nor do I find it particularly effective in highlighting areas normally illuminated in natural light. At best, this product could be dotted lightly over face and blended in with a moisturizing facial cream for more of a tinted moisturizer look with concealer being applied after. I would not buy this product again as there are plenty of other better tinted moisturizers (such as the one by Smashbox) and the price isn't right for what it says it accomplishes.

on 6/26/2013 5:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

For some reason, this product is on many people's HG lists. It isn't on mine. It does not hide my imperfections well enough when I use it as a corrector, and it does not highlight areas well enough when I use it as a highlighter. When I was younger and the dark circles were not as bad, this product worked well enough that I repurchased. But it doesn't work for my needs as well now as it did when I was a teenager, so I will not repurchase.

on 6/25/2013 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

NC25 Chinese, some dark circles under the eyes that need covering.

2 years ago I purchsaed shade #8, which seemed the best match for NC25 and being the makeup newbie I was.. tried to use this alone for under eye concealing and acne spot coverage. Obvious fails, and I ended up returning it (fyi, the YSL pills under makeup if you try acne spot concealing).

About 6m ago, I repurchased in the newly released shade #2.5, understanding the general purpose of under eye concealing and as a general brightener. And now it languishes in my stash, as I find there is too much shine or reflecting of light that it doesn't look natural. Whenever I watch TV shows where I see obvious reflection of light from under the eyes, I wonder if the MUA used the cult YSL TE.

Alone YSL TE doesn't cover my under eye circles (or any brightener for that matter).. but I'm finally onboard that you need a peach/salmon corrector first to cover the purple/blue under eye circles.. then apply a good yellow brightener over (thank you Bobbi Brown's Covering Circles Blemishes & More page). I don't reach for this one, instead I go for the Clinique Airbrush Concealer #4 and also would like to try Burberry's click pen concealer #2.

on 6/19/2013 10:09:00 PM

Expensive but worth it! I use this as an under-eye concealer and general face highlighter. Light, silky texture. No scent. Really eliminates eye bags or discolouration. Quite light coverage though. Beautiful gold packaging, love the click system - no waste. Seems to last quite a while. Very good for handbag - can use for foundation touch ups, scars etc. Would recommend to all just make sure you get your colour matched perfectly.
UPDATE: Just not thick enough coverage for my dark circles/crowsfeet! I still use this as a highlighter or travel touch ups but not really as a eye concealer.

on 6/19/2013 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an amazing product. I know it isn't technically a concealer, but I primarily use this under my eyes to camouflage my dark circles, and it works wonderfully with no creasing. It's also a great highlight for the top of the cheekbones and brow bones. On days when I wear minimal makeup, I'll apply this to my eyelids over my MAC Painterly paint pot for a brighter, more polished look. I've heard some people say this is similar to the L'Oreal and Maybelline highlighting pens, but to me, there's no comparison. I will use this product for as long as YSL makes it!

on 6/18/2013 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I don't only have purple dark circles under my eyes, I have hollows under the dark and this fixes it for me. It is so moist and perfect, never heavy never seen a cosmetic do anything near what this tube does. Expensive but worth it. I don't even want to hear about anything else. This makes me look like 22 years old!

on 5/31/2013 6:57:00 AM

Phenomenal product!! A cult classic among makeup artists, enthusiasts and anyone that knows even a little about makeup! A lot of people think this is just an under-eye concealer/corrector, IT IS NOT. Yes it's brilliant under the eyes to brighten and illuminate but it is a highlighter so can be used anywhere to brighten the complexion. I use it under the eyes, brow bone, eye lids (occasionally), cheek bones, round the nose area, around the lips and anywhere that happens to look dull! Fantastic price for the money I think and a worthy investment to your makeup bag. Whilst some may think £25 is steep, I used 1-3 clicks daily and it lasted nearly 2 years!! Far better than any dupes!! Go get it :D

This is one of the classics that i don't rate very high at all. If you have horrible, purple dark circles this WONT cover them. Its a nice highlighter but i cant say more than that. It's rather expensive so when it didnt work for me i felt a little cheated (i bought it twice in different shades). I think this would be great for the older woman who has a few under eye shadows and needs a bit of highlighting here and there, i wouldnt repurchase.

on 5/6/2013 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've used Touche Eclat basically forever. It is one of the few products that has remained a staple in my makeup bag from the get go. I think I might have first bought it because I read in interviews the Spice Girls relied on it. I know, I know...but I was only a kid, I feel I should be forgiven! :)

For a long time there was only the one shade but from the point they released a range I have been wearing number two- which is a much better match for me. Number 2 is a fair/yellow based colour versus the pinky/fair number 1. The formula is liquid, quite thin, non-drying, smooth and easily blended; free from iridescence . It highlights but in a brightening way rather than via shimmers.

Typically I use it for my under eye circles/shadows/brow bone and a little above the cupids bow of my lips. I will also dab it lightly on small scars. It has a very natural coverage, I suppose it would be considered quite sheer but somehow it still manages to give me a real lift. It is actually amazing what a tiny amount of this stuff can do for my face. It really does make me look healthy and awake.

Popular Primer/ Correctors