July 22, 2014 | 1542 users online

Cleansers - DHC - Deep Cleansing Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by albrygold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It's not bad, it's just that for the price I'd it to be the only cleanser I use at night to clean my face. I find that it takes off most of my makeup, including waterproof mascara, but I still need another product to remove everything. It hasn't been a problem for my cystic acne-prone face and it hasn't caused any breakouts but I'm not sure that it's as effective as I'd like it to be.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Ashash00

The packaging could use a little work, maybe in the design department, bc I like cute girly packaging! lol but the product is so amazing I can forgive them.
I have dry skin, so the Olive oil in here helps with dryness and sometimes I might even let this sink it a bit. Doesnt hurt anything!
Usage: When I wear full face makeup, I erase all eye makeup first, excluding eyebrows. THen I take one big pump of this and massage into face. I do cheeks first, then everywhere else, even eyebrows. With warm water I rinse hands and with a little more water I massage and rinse oil off at the same time.
For the price, this is a great deal, and it lasts a very long time, bc you dont need a lot of it in one use. I used MAC's removers and other oils, but they all irritate my skin, or is too pricey for me to want to buy more of it. I recommend this to anyone, with dry skin, normal skin, a lot of makeup, little makeup, whatever! It's great all around

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by sufferingfromvertigo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

EDIT (12/15/13): I used this on and off throughout the year and just ran out a month or so ago. I think I'm just going to have to rebuy. I've never found another makeup remover that works so well, that's so easy to remove, and that doesn't hurt my eyes. I don't feel any need to try a different brand.

As a poor college student, I debated over buying this for a good while before taking the plunge. I was happy enough with my other cleansers, but I was fascinated by the idea of oil cleansing. However, I didn't want to try a cheap brand and get bad results. I've been using this for about three weeks, only on days that I wear full makeup or when I'm not showering that night. It removes my makeup like a dream; when I use my skinsonic after there's never any residue on the brush. I read another MUAer recommend using something with clay in it after cleansing to pull the gunk out of your pores, and so I use the Ponds Luminous cleansing cream (which has kaolin) and get smooth, even skin. The only thing I'm not in love with is the fact that if you get it in your eyes, it makes your vision kind of fuzzy. But I use a boots eye makeup remover which doesn't cause that, so it's not a real problem. Despite the price, I'll definitely rebuy.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by evelynleee14

I've always disliked using makeup removing wipes because they always smell like some kind of chemical or alcohol. Recently picked up the DHC Cleansing Oil at my local Mitsuwa for $14 USD, which honestly isn't that bad. The important part is to get a good amount at the tips of your fingers and apply it DRY to your DRY face. Rub it on your eyelids/lashes with your eyes closed (do this last so that you don't have to close your eyes while massaging your whole face) in circular motions. Wash it off with warm water and then splash cold water to close your pores. The result is a CLEAN, moisturized, nice-smelling face! :) The best way I can describe the smell is a subtle minty scent. It might seem counterintuitive to use oil on oily skin, but it's better than using products that leave your skin dry because your skin overcompensates for the dryness and actually leaves you skin even oilier than before. Try this if you have combination/oily skin. It's awesome :] I've only used it a couple of times (with waterproof makeup), and it has worked brilliantly. If it continues to have nourishing effects and continues to leave my skin radiant and clean, I've move it up to 5 stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by jessraval0414

LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I'm 15 and I have dry skin around my chin and sides of my face and oily skin around the Tzone and forhead. I also always get really bad acne. I had tried everything even the things my dermatologist recommended. My mom told me to try this and it;s been 2 weeks and all my acne is completely GONE and my face is not NEARLY as dry as it was. This is the best product and i will continue to use in the future. It takes off all makeup including waterproof mascara leaving your face smooth and not oily at all. Yes I was scared since my face is oily. Wouldnt putting oil on it make it worse?! Well not at all! My face is never oily which is good throuhout a lon day of school. I def recommend you buy it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by SilverChez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff has replaced my previous HG cleansing oil which was Dermalogica's Precleanse.

(Background on my skin: have oily, acne and clog prone skin)

I find DHC's oil to be a better value price wise (it's cheaper and I use less), and also works better to remove makeup and clogged pores than the Precleanse--probably due to the fact it seems thicker/heavier. I also find it rinses away cleaner, and doesn't dry my skin out as much.

The only negatives I can think for this product are that its usually only available online; however, shipping is usually fast AND you get a ton of free samples, so whats not to love? :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by ironwoman01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, I don't know why it took me so long to try this, but I'm glad I finally did. This product is very expensive, but it's totally worth it, in my opinion. I bought it from dermstore (not affiliated!) and you get 10% off if it's on your favorites list. This product looks straight up like olive oil in the bottle, but whatever they add to the olive oil makes it emulsify and cleanse the skin as it's massaged into the skin. I wear waterproof mascara everyday since non-waterproof always smudges on me and oil is the only thing that will quickly and easily remove it. I've tried mineral oil but that gave my a stye and broke my skin out pretty badly, but this cleansing oil is perfection. I use 2 pumps massaged into my face and eyes closed, then splash water and massage some more, then rinse with water. My face is completely clean of all makeup afterwards. I use a different cleanser after the cleansing oil, but that's just because the oil leaves a tad bit of moisture on my skin and I don't like the feeling of what it leaves behind. Of course I do moisturize my skin after cleansing though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by theglamourshop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the product the way it removes dirt's and my makeup, Really a nice one can be buy at The glamour shop only for 18.99

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2012 7:03:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

A really good product that removes makeup. But OMG it is too expensive for my budget. The bottle last about 7 months on a daily use basis. I prefer Muji cleansing oil for a budgeted use. Muji is about $13 and this is about $37 in my country. I just cant accept the price difference :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2012 6:10:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I read the many reviews of this before going in for a sample I had to buy on eBay. I have tried the oil cleanse method before with Castor Oil mixed with a carrier oil but although it gave my skin a wonderful glow, it eventually made me break out. Clinique has a very good make-up remover that I have used but it's really super oily. And I also sometimes use baby oil to remove stubborn lipstick.

This really works in removing those tough matte water resistant sunscreens. I do feel a little bit oily after, and have to wash with a proper face wash. But all in all, I'm quite happy. I will update in a couple of weeks as that's how long it takes to see whether develops acne.

For those who get it without the box, these are the ingredients listed:

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Pentylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Tocopherol

Update: I have been using it for a couple of weeks now mainly to take off my mattifying Japanese sunscreen and no complaints. It's not making my skin break out at all. You do need to use a full squirt each time for your entire face so it may not last long. Need to stock up!