October 1, 2014 | 1111 users online

Cleansers - DHC - Deep Cleansing Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by wildflowerveins

I really do love this cleanser. I have combination skin that gets slightly oily in my t-zone, but prone to dry spots around my nose and chin (especially in the winter). My skin does good with this product. I use it at night to remove my make-up and then follow up with my every day cleanser. I never wake up looking oily and it has never caused me to break out in the five+ years that I've been using it. It also works good on it's own in the winter months when my skin craves a little extra moisture.

I really don't notice any scent when using it. If anything, maybe just the olive oil. But it's very light and it washes off fine with warm water and a wash cloth. I also appreciate that a little goes a long way and one pump is the perfect amount for my whole face. Great product, I'll continue ordering this for as long as it's being made.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Memoriesin

To start off, I have extremely acne prone sensitive super oily skin. I've decided to buy this cleansing oil because I've always suffered from cosmetic acne, and I hope to minimize it.
Upon reading some good and bad reviews, I decided to buy it today and tried it out. I think it cleanses away the make up pretty well and I hope I don't break out from it. I followed with a foaming cleanser after using the DHC cleansing oil to double cleanse, and I must say it let my skin clean. When I wipe and gently exfoliate my skin with a toner, there were alot of dead skins and little sebums coming out. I must say this cleansing oil had somehow gotten rid of those impurities from my congested pores.

From the official DHC chinese website, there was this QnA section where people ask questions on how to use it and the proper way to use it.
**DHC says that you are supposed to apply the oil with dry hands onto dry skin, massage it for 20-30 second, NOT MORE THAN 30 SECONDS. This is because if you massage it onto your skin for too long, it will cause stress on the skin and maybe break out. After the massage, you are supposed to rinse it off with warm or normal water until the water runs clear with no more milky residue.
After that, you must use a facial cleanser of your choice and cleanse your face the second time. DHC says that the cleansing oil only removes make up and you must follow up with a facial cleanser to cleanse your face to remove excess impurities.

I hope this help you guys in understanding how to use this product, and hopefully using it this way will help you discover the amazing results on this product.

I am currently using it with the given steps above and will update if there are any changes on my skin.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

I found this oil cleanser to just be ok. It was more effective than MAC's Cleanse Off, but left my skin feeling tight. Took me forever to use up, but will probably be trying another oil cleanser.

EDIT: my mom and I both prefer the cheaper, less drying, just as effective Kose Softimo.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by zombie_candy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin condition summary:
Oily T-zone
Acne-prone (clogged pores, whiteheads, cystic hormonal, PCOS)
Hyperpigmentation from past acne on cheeks and chin
Darker forehead and around mouth with slightly lighter cheeks
--------------------------------------------
This was one of my attempts with cleansing oils and I'm glad I purchased the smaller bottle. Compared to FANCL's Mild Cleansing Oil, DHC is much thicker and requires a slightly harder hard to spread evenly around. I used it to remove my makeup and it does its job, however after a few uses my skin feels tight and dry---more now in the Canadian winter. Also, ever since I've been using it for a week, I've been breaking out a little more around my mouth. It's possible that my skin doesn't like it or it's drying out my skin more and causing my skin to produce more oil, thus leading to breakouts anyway.
I don't know why the DHC cleansing oil gets so many glowing reviews since FANCL's is better hands down at a decent price point.
I have a 1/4 of the bottle left but I'm not sure I even want to finish it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by albrygold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It's not bad, it's just that for the price I'd it to be the only cleanser I use at night to clean my face. I find that it takes off most of my makeup, including waterproof mascara, but I still need another product to remove everything. It hasn't been a problem for my cystic acne-prone face and it hasn't caused any breakouts but I'm not sure that it's as effective as I'd like it to be.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Ashash00

The packaging could use a little work, maybe in the design department, bc I like cute girly packaging! lol but the product is so amazing I can forgive them.
I have dry skin, so the Olive oil in here helps with dryness and sometimes I might even let this sink it a bit. Doesnt hurt anything!
Usage: When I wear full face makeup, I erase all eye makeup first, excluding eyebrows. THen I take one big pump of this and massage into face. I do cheeks first, then everywhere else, even eyebrows. With warm water I rinse hands and with a little more water I massage and rinse oil off at the same time.
For the price, this is a great deal, and it lasts a very long time, bc you dont need a lot of it in one use. I used MAC's removers and other oils, but they all irritate my skin, or is too pricey for me to want to buy more of it. I recommend this to anyone, with dry skin, normal skin, a lot of makeup, little makeup, whatever! It's great all around

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by sufferingfromvertigo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

EDIT (12/15/13): I used this on and off throughout the year and just ran out a month or so ago. I think I'm just going to have to rebuy. I've never found another makeup remover that works so well, that's so easy to remove, and that doesn't hurt my eyes. I don't feel any need to try a different brand.

As a poor college student, I debated over buying this for a good while before taking the plunge. I was happy enough with my other cleansers, but I was fascinated by the idea of oil cleansing. However, I didn't want to try a cheap brand and get bad results. I've been using this for about three weeks, only on days that I wear full makeup or when I'm not showering that night. It removes my makeup like a dream; when I use my skinsonic after there's never any residue on the brush. I read another MUAer recommend using something with clay in it after cleansing to pull the gunk out of your pores, and so I use the Ponds Luminous cleansing cream (which has kaolin) and get smooth, even skin. The only thing I'm not in love with is the fact that if you get it in your eyes, it makes your vision kind of fuzzy. But I use a boots eye makeup remover which doesn't cause that, so it's not a real problem. Despite the price, I'll definitely rebuy.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by evelynleee14

I've always disliked using makeup removing wipes because they always smell like some kind of chemical or alcohol. Recently picked up the DHC Cleansing Oil at my local Mitsuwa for $14 USD, which honestly isn't that bad. The important part is to get a good amount at the tips of your fingers and apply it DRY to your DRY face. Rub it on your eyelids/lashes with your eyes closed (do this last so that you don't have to close your eyes while massaging your whole face) in circular motions. Wash it off with warm water and then splash cold water to close your pores. The result is a CLEAN, moisturized, nice-smelling face! :) The best way I can describe the smell is a subtle minty scent. It might seem counterintuitive to use oil on oily skin, but it's better than using products that leave your skin dry because your skin overcompensates for the dryness and actually leaves you skin even oilier than before. Try this if you have combination/oily skin. It's awesome :] I've only used it a couple of times (with waterproof makeup), and it has worked brilliantly. If it continues to have nourishing effects and continues to leave my skin radiant and clean, I've move it up to 5 stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by jessraval0414

LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I'm 15 and I have dry skin around my chin and sides of my face and oily skin around the Tzone and forhead. I also always get really bad acne. I had tried everything even the things my dermatologist recommended. My mom told me to try this and it;s been 2 weeks and all my acne is completely GONE and my face is not NEARLY as dry as it was. This is the best product and i will continue to use in the future. It takes off all makeup including waterproof mascara leaving your face smooth and not oily at all. Yes I was scared since my face is oily. Wouldnt putting oil on it make it worse?! Well not at all! My face is never oily which is good throuhout a lon day of school. I def recommend you buy it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by SilverChez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff has replaced my previous HG cleansing oil which was Dermalogica's Precleanse.

(Background on my skin: have oily, acne and clog prone skin)

I find DHC's oil to be a better value price wise (it's cheaper and I use less), and also works better to remove makeup and clogged pores than the Precleanse--probably due to the fact it seems thicker/heavier. I also find it rinses away cleaner, and doesn't dry my skin out as much.

The only negatives I can think for this product are that its usually only available online; however, shipping is usually fast AND you get a ton of free samples, so whats not to love? :)