April 19, 2014 | 1906 users online

Cleansers - DHC - Deep Cleansing Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 6:11:00 AM More reviews by qq8angel

Skin type: sensitive, acne prone + oily. If i have any product left of my face..overnight i'm guaranteed a colony on my face the next morning.

I got this awhile back and put it aside because i didn't understand how it worked...until now.
The first time i used this, i thought the product was really oily and hated how thick it was on my skin (oil + oily face didn't sit well with me..) + i just couldn't spread the product out and ended up using a FEW pumps. But to further my dislike, i broke out the next day.

Thinking there was a high possibility i was using the product wrong (no english labeling), i decided to use this while in the shower. Another mistake, because as soon as it touched water, it just washed off and i couldn't get it to 'cleanse' my skin. At this point, i also got a few drops of water into the oil from the gap at the pump and noticed straight away it had a milky layer. Overall, i was extremely disappointed and filed it away as a 'dud & over-hyped' product. But nether less,i didn't throw out the bottle but i removed it from the shower to free up space.

After a long while i came back to it, as i had ran out of cleanser. This time i checked on MUA, armed with directions on usage and lots of desperation (no cleanser can do that to me).. i gave this another go. I also noticed the milky layer had disappeared/dissolved. So i used ONE pump to start off with and was surprised it was much more runny from what i remembered and this one pump was actually enough for my whole face (not sure if this is due to the few drops of water which has seeped in previously but what a difference from the multiple pumps on my first go). Massaged it into my face and then jumped into the shower. Lo and behold...i had NO panda eyes from my eye makeup. EVERYTHING was washed off! i didn't need a q-tip to clean under my lashline... it was..just squeaky clean! Couldn't believe it - so i followed up after with a few swipes of toner on my face and OMG! the cotton pad was clean. Let me tell you, this IS my liquid gold~ Yes, i know its quite expensive..but i can justify this because i've now removed 3 products from my routine (makeup wipes, makeup remover and cleanser) which really works out to be the same.

Packaging: I gave packaging a 3 because water seeped in from the pump area...but if it turns out this bit of accidental water contamination made the solution more runny and pliable then i will happily give this rating a 4 for the discovery =D (will try this out on the next bottle)

Price/where to buy: If you can get a friend from asia to send it to you otherwise you can purchase this from:
- sasa.com - cheapest i found and the ship to AUSTRALIA!! *YAY*
- yesstyle.com.au - slightly more expensive
- fishpond.com.au - more expensive than above, but they ship alot faster than the above

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

I was fortunate to get in a swap (fresh product) as I wanted to compare w/ my own cheap blend of grapeseed/ sweet almond/ castor/ vitamin E oil blend w/ emulsifier that I created which works great, but like a lot of other ladies, I'm always looking to try the next best thing. :)

I have 47 year old. combo, not acne prone unless TTOTM (= 2 zits), but I can clog w/ the wrong product, subtype I rosacea (blushing) on cheeks, nose, chin and some spots of melasma.

The first 3 nights I used I REALLY loved!! Of course, it removes EVERYTHING (and all I wear is long wearing products), but I noticed that after night 3, my face felt kinda dry/tight = NOT a good feeling. I did like that fact that it had more slip than my concoction (not sure how that's possible, but its true) and completely rinses away. I did break out or clog from those 3 nights nor did it bother my rosacea.

I will not purchase, I am adding to my own concoction to use up, (and now weeks later = still no clogs/breakouts or problems w/ my rosacea) but I think when all is said and done and all my oils are used up, I'm going to try MO w/ an emulsifier just to cut down on the # of products I use.

HTH!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2012 10:07:00 AM More reviews by osumom

I really wanted this product to work, and it was great at removing eye makeup. However, in the one week of using it I had 3 acne cysts appear at age 50. Occasionally I still get a pimple, but nothing like the rapid appearance of these inside pimples that hurt and just sit under the skin like a tiny pea. I cannot continue this product unfortunately.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by SoundMouse

I purchased this stuff because of the many glowing reviews it received, and I wanted to see for myself how well I would like it. I did not like it, and it did not appear to do much for me. My skin did not feel as if it were cleaned. I feel better using cetaphil or even anthony logistics over this. will not purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 4:05:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This smells, feels, and looks like olive oil. It's a thick oil that feels absolutely disgusting on my face but hey, it does a wonderful job of removing my make-up. I love that it takes off absolutely everything, and the way that it turns soapy when I splash water on my face. I never feel oily (after, of course) and this works incredibly well. The only thing is that I don't like how thick it is, how it smells like olive oil, and the fact that my skin feels slightly uncomfortable afterwards. I always use a cleanser following the oil, so the latter isn't a big deal, but still worth a mention.
I'm planning to try other things, though if they don't work out, I won't be too sorry to come back to DHC.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 10:42:00 AM More reviews by boxyeongxan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I feel like it gets rid of all my makeup instantly. I don't feel like I have to work at it hard and it doesn't seem to leave residue. I don't usually use it around my eyes, I usually just massage my whole face to get rid of the foundation, blush, and etc, but it does remove waterproof mascaras as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by rain7608

The best cleansing and makeup removing oil, not greasy but a little bit drying. I am from Hong Kong, so I know this brand and this product for years, althought its more expensive to get it ine the US, but it worth the price considering the its cleasing power and size of product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 2:47:00 AM More reviews by gagag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The best cleansing oil available for the greatest value. I heard John Stuart Mill is a fan. I started out with some of the higher end brands like Laura Mercier, Shiseido, and Shu Uemura. They worked, leaving my skin clean and soft, despite the fact that they were oils, but they were so much more expensive. I tried DHC on a lark, and soon realized that nothing else dissolved my long-wear makeup like it. The mid-range price was a bonus. I swore by this stuff. Even during my esthetician training, and all the free samples that came with that line of work, this remained the best solvent I had ever found. Then Japan's nuclear catastrophe struck, and I was suspicious of my beloved DHC because it was comprised of materials grown in Japan. I tried various other cleansers, and even found an oil cleanser with ingredients grown in North America. I put up with a shoddy product for nearly two years before I finally caved and purchased DHC again. I'm still not thrilled with the origin of DHC's ingredients, but nothing beats the solvency power of this stuff, and it rinses cleaner than any other oil I've tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2012 5:15:00 AM More reviews by loverlover1328

This was one of the first cleansing oils I tried because I saw it absolutely everywhere. Sorry to say but it is crap. Do not buy this - go for the FANCL instead.
This is shocking for oily skin, and just way too thick. Its like olive oil! I have also heard it can give you pimples.
I found when I used this I had to follow with a foaming cleanser just to feel clean. Having said that, the cleaning power was good, compared to Shu Uemura which I hate.
FANCL is the best, please see my review on that!

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60
Sunscreen everyday - alternating between Sofina and Invisible Zinc

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by egrote

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really want to love this. I've got very small hands, pumping product into hand it inevitably splashes out of my hand. I like how it cleans my face well enough - but without fail - no matter how careful I am, this stuff seeps into my eyes - and I'm left with watery eyes for the rest of the night....not happy.