April 21, 2014 | 1220 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Beautiful

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 4:12:00 PM More reviews by teedums

I was just looking at my smallish fragrance collection, I picked up my bottle of Beautiful which I bought in late 1994. Not even a fourth of it is gone, I sprayed it and realized why. I agree with the reviewer that said it is a "spray and walk through" fragrance, it's very nice but very strong and one squirt is more than enough. I doubt I will ever run out of this as I have an ample amount left and I don't wear it as much now as I used to back in the late 80s/early to mid 90s. I would buy again if I did run out, but a very small bottle. It is a very pretty floral fragrance but strong. For me it's most suitable for those dress up/formal occasions. I don't think I could wear it as an everyday fragrance.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2008 8:36:00 AM More reviews by essija

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pretty but strong. Mature scent. deep floral beautiful (hence the name) scent. Very bouquet like.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2008 6:51:00 PM More reviews by jillmarie63

I used to smell this on my aunt a few years ago and she smelled heavenly. I went out and bought some for myself and it was horrible. Very, very musky on me. The drydown never happened. I was wondering if I did something wrong. Then, I tried the lotion and it smelled like bug spray. Maybe this perfume just doesn't work with my chemistry.
Needless to say, I will not repurchase!

EDIT: I recently tried this again and loved it. It must have been an old bottle that I used!!! I LOVE this fragrance.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2008 5:32:00 AM More reviews by FarrahJoon17

Beautiful is really for a much older crowd. I never liked it enough to wear it myself, and even the parfum lotion is too strong. With that said as much as i hate it myself, my grandmother wears it and its always smelled just fine on her. With that said, at EL school they always preach 'beautiful the bestselling fragrance in the world' but i dont see why...
The packaging is alright, really nothing special. After some opening and closing the top of the bottle loses its ability to stay on. For that reason id reccomend against keeping it in a purse. This fragrance makes a great gift (and come mothersday and holiday they always have plenty of gift sets avalible) for a much more mature woman (grandmother).

Estee lauder formulated 2 additional beautiful's for a younger audience. Beautiful Love and Beautiful Sheer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2008 1:17:00 AM More reviews by violetsrblu

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I first smelled this on my sister-in-law back in the 80's, and I immediately ran out and bought a bottle. Beautiful has been my fave among my collection ever since then. I've always received compliments from strangers, mainly men, who want to know what I'm wearing so they can purchase it for their sweeties. It seems to last a long time on me and can be too overpowering, so I spray the air and step into it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2008 6:44:00 PM More reviews by zandra_khi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this perfume. It's my signature scent. I ALWAYS get compliments on how good I smell when wearing it.

The scent is a fragrant, crisp, slightly floral smell. It's a smell that makes you go "mmmmmm, that smells gooood".

I have tried a few other fragrances since discovering it 10 years ago, but I always come back to it. It's the only perfume I'm willing to shell out over $75 for a generous size bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2008 12:11:00 PM More reviews by DaleJrsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

While I LOVE the lotion and shower gel in this scent, I just can't bring myself to love the fragrance too. It smells so much more cloying and overwhelming than the body products. It has an almost powdery smell to it that stays from start to finish.

I will probably repurchase the lotion and shower gel but not the EDP. And since I live in the south the lotion and shower gel layered together will probably be enough scent anyway!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by cat1203

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love it again. When it first came out in the 80's I loved it. bought the perfume and lotion which is wonderful and lasting and not nearly as strong as the perfume and wore it always and got so many compliments..and men loved it... I mean LOVED it. I stopped wearing it over 15 years ago and just recently bought another body lotion and I still love it. First wear after 15 years and my significant other was really taken by it... it's a keeper .. but I do prefer the lotion or cream.. much nicer, smoother..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 5:52:00 AM More reviews by jeantanpk

I am always tricked to buy fragrance from EL. and i dun even know or understand why. There is something very lady-like in their smell, rather special and unique as well... but i often regret after buying. It will not last and the last layer always smell funny. Beautiful has a very "outdated" type of smell... if that makes sense at all!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2008 10:42:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm blown away by how almost everyone likes this fragrance. However, I never like what is considered very popular or "classic" so there we are. I mean, everyone raves about Chanel #5 but to me it smells like mothballs. Same with Beautiful-i tried it in Macy's and it smelled really sharp at first. I let it sit for a while and smelled the scent strip again-no sale. It mellow out a bit but it still doesn't smell remotely floral. It just smells sharp, loud and suffocationg. I guess this is the matter of taste but its definately not for me. My BF ex-wife wore it so thankfully its the only perfume I have to avoid and since I can't stand it its no hardship.