October 25, 2014 | 1865 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by lovelyyww

I used a lot of primers and personally this is my favorite it keeps my makeup on all day. love love love

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by leeld

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample and was eager to try because of all the great reviews. It started out good and made my skin soft. Pores were diminished. Makeup went on fine. But by the afternoon, everything changed. It seemed to make my skin drag down. Pores and wrinkles seemed larger. I couldn't believe it. Tried again the next day and the same thing happened. Glad this was a sample, I would not buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by DefunktPistol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer in an Ipsy Glam Bag. I have never been impressed with any primer except this one. After I moisturizer my face, I apply a tiny bit of this to my cheeks and nose ( a little bit goes a long way). It fills in all of the pores on my face and leaves it looking so smooth, fresh, and youthful. My only complaint is that overtime my skin has an annoying itchy feeling, but I do have very sensitive skin.This product is a bit pricey if you are on a budget. I will repurchase for weddings or other special occasions. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by jehill6612

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I will never use this again. My face has NEVER broken out so bad as it did when I used this. I only used this twice and I am still trying to get my skin to clear up over a week later!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had a sample of this. I was actually amazed at how smooth it made my skin look, even before I put on foundation. I used this under powder mineral makeup and I was very happy with how it applied over the primer. It didn't really do anything for oil though. It's also crazy expensive. I'm not sure if I want to commit and buy a full sized product since it's about $40 when you include tax.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by wonderlandecho

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this thinking it would help my oils since it said oil free, but I later learned that the photo finish light works best for oil, they should really work on labelling the products better. This helps prolong my makeup but my skin starts feeling oily after a few hours. And this was not a cheap product. It clst me about $40 dollars for 1fl.oz. Once I run out of this I plan on buying the light one. This primer does feel really nice when you rub in and makes your makeup blend really nicely. I recommend for people with normal to slightly dry skin. If you have really dry skin you should buy the hydrating one. This doesn't break me out either.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by alldaygirl

HEAT/SWEAT WARNING- I have used this for a few months & I loved loved loved it! I prefer the squeeze bottle to the pump, but that's a bit nitpicky.

This review is for anyone who may wear this in the summer in the heat or is a regular sweater. (I've uploaded a pic so make sure you check it out.) I just left the doctor's office after having to go in for an emergency appointment. Last week I had a large knot appear on my chin. It didn't hurt (at first) it was just kinda swollen. Within the next 3 days 2 more appeared & then the swelling spread to the entire side of my face & down my neck & started to hurt like nobody's business. I planned on going to see my GP the next morning thinking it was a swollen lymph node. During the night the first lump ruptured & horrible green infection & pus was all over my pillow. I ran to my doctor's office & found out that I had several infected sweat glands. The silicone wasn't allowing my pores to breath or expel the sweat. It was getting trapped under the skin & then blocked the sweat glands. It has to be treated with sulfa antibiotics & a prescription topical antibiotic. The skin had stretched so much that it's now peeling like a sunburn. My doctor recommends that I go see a dermatologist because this is probably going to leave a large scar tissue mass & a hole in my chin. Yikes!! So don't sweat in this on a regular basis.

13 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by nikki8811

I got a sample size and I was so excited to try this. So it felt nice and silky going on but my makeup looked no different from the days I dont use a primer. soooo not worth 40$ I wouldnt even pay 5$

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 9:54:00 AM More reviews by NewYearsNewBeginnings

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm a huge fan of Smashbox primers - I also own the colour correcting one (purple). This was my first foundation primer and I'm still in love with it. I originally purchased the travel size (25mL) for NZ$25 and at first I thought it's so expensive for such little product. However, I have realized, like makeup, less is more. I use maybe a pea size (or even less) for my face - I only apply to areas that need it rather than just slather it all over my face. It helps the lasting power of my foundations and bb creams.

It has a very silicone-y feel to it, smooth yet.. strange (if you've never tried a primer). I've gotten used to the texture of this primer though and it feels amazing on my skin as it covers all the little pores that I have around my nose area. I don't think it has a scent - maybe a little artificial (like when you unpackage new things) but it's not over powering and doesnt bother me in the slightest.

I use it as a 'spot treatment' of sorts. Mainly to cover the odd noticeable pore rather than my entire face as I don't think it's a 'mask' to hold my foundation. My foundation is to cover my redness/imperfections, my smashbox primer is to give a smooth canvas for my foundation to be applied - hence why i dont need to apply it to my cheeks or forehead as I don't have large/noticeable pores that need to be 'filled in'.

I always use this primer for the special occasions when I need to wear a full face of makeup and I can honestly say it lasts all night until the next day (yes, I've slept in my make up several times and my makeup has been intact when I wake up with minimal transfer).

I haven't finished using my travel size but I've already have a back up of the full sized version (30mL) that my sister purchased for me when she went to the US earlier this year. So yes, I will repurchase (although maybe not in NZ as I cannot justify the NZ$76 price tag; i will buy online instead and don't mind paying US$36 + shipping for it).

There are definitely other primers that are cheaper and probably do the same (so far, only L'Oreal's magic perfecting base has become my second favourite - but at NZ$30-50 something for 15mL, I'd rather spend a little more on the full sized Smashbox.)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Sianxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am glad that I got a sample of this primer before buying it. The texture of this primer feels nice when applying it to your face. The first hour it makes your make up look amazing and very flawless, but as the day goes on when I looked in the mirror closely I could see my foundation clumping up in to small pieces all over my face especially on my nose and chin. It also made my face look very shiney. I wouldn't buy this product because it is very expensive for something that only looks good for a few hours. I'm pretty sure this primer doesn't claim that it is meant to make your make up last longer?? I do recommend that you get a sample of this before buying it as everyone is different. Also the exact same result happens to me with the smash box photo finish 'light' primer (which is a creamy version).