September 19, 2014 | 1823 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - MAC - Brush Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by missminikat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A pretty good remover but it's kind of expensive for the amount of product you get for the money. But you do get to B2M the bottle when it's done. My main complaint was the lack of pump or spray nozzle to prevent waste. I always ended up decanting this into a small spray bottle.

Overall, it's alright. But I now tend to use better brush cleaners like Cinema Secrets or Parian Spirit.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by melissa33435

all i can say is i wish it was a spray pump on it . other then that its a good cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by VioletPearl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great product. I used to clean my brushes with whatever shampoo, or soap that I use, and for small brushes it works great. But my foundation brushes, (sigma F80 and a regular "flat" foundation brush from Lancome) never were 100% clean, there were always some resuide from foundation. Then I decided to purchase Mac's brush cleanser and I looove it!!! My brushes are perfectly clean now and I really like the fact that I don't have to wait too much until they are perfectly dry.
The only thing I don't like that the paciging doesn't come with a "spritzer" so I have to search something (a contanier) to not to waste any product.
I will still deep clean my brushes sometimes with shampoo, but I will stick with this cleanser for everyday use, I really like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by annie711pm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Will never ever use another brush cleansing product. I actually dilute this with 50% water into a small spray bottle. It works very well diluted, so I have no reason to use it straight. This also helps it to last longer, but at $10 a bottle (which I've had for 6 months, and there are still 2/3 left) it is more than reasonable.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by fragiles0ng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a pretty big fan of this stuff. It's a really runny solution, with a consistency closer to water than shampoo. I usually fill the cap up with the cleaner, dip the wet brush in the lid, run the brush back and forth in my hand, and then rinse and air dry. I do wish it came with a spray head, because the thinness of the liquid makes it easy to pour out too much and waste product. A thicker formula would be easier to control with the cap it has, but this would work better as a spray. Overall, I like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have always used regular shampoo or high-quality French liquid hand soap with olive oil to wash my brushes. I bought this on a visit to the MAC counter after hearing so many raves. I had washed my brushes about 2 weeks ago, and use a daily brush cleaner on them after each use. I diluted this cleaner about 1:3 with hot water in a glass bowl and cleaned my brushes. I was shocked at how much pigment came out of the brushes! I had to change the water twice. Rinsed them, blotted on a towel and left brushes to air dry. I use E.L.F. Studio brushes, with a few MAC, Studio Basics, and Bare Escentuals. I'm extremely impressed with this cleaner. It deep-cleans brushes much better than regular shampoo or soap, dries quickly, and doesn't smell offensive. I will definitely repurchase and will not go back to any other product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this brush cleanser. Cleans well and disinfects, but I wish it wasn't as diluted. I wish it was more like a shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by jls517

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well this is my first brush cleaner so I don't have a lot to compare to, but its gets the job done with little products. I've been using it once a week to clean my new mac brushes. It easily washes away the product and rinses off cleanly from the brush. It take a tiny dab onto a wet brush and just gently massage it in. Give it a good rinse, reshape and lay on a paper towel overnight to try. I probably will try some cheaper brush cleaners before I buy another, but since this is part of the Back 2 Mac program I'll probably end up getting it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by millenababy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's a very good spot cleaning solution. A bit expensive for my taste, but honestly I can't say I have found anything cheaper that works so well.
The only thing I would change about it is the packaging: I would add a spray pump to avoid wasting any product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This isnt the best brush cleaner in the world. Dont get me wrong it's great but for deep cleansing I prefer a sulfate free gentle cleansing shampoo with a natural antiseptic (I like Phillip b Scent of Santa fe shampoo) but this works great for spot cleaning and on the go and on location. A lot comes in the bottle for the price as well. This really helps preserve the quality of brushes that can really last a lifetime if you take the right measures.