April 16, 2014 | 2119 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - MAC - Brush Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by melissa33435

all i can say is i wish it was a spray pump on it . other then that its a good cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by VioletPearl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great product. I used to clean my brushes with whatever shampoo, or soap that I use, and for small brushes it works great. But my foundation brushes, (sigma F80 and a regular "flat" foundation brush from Lancome) never were 100% clean, there were always some resuide from foundation. Then I decided to purchase Mac's brush cleanser and I looove it!!! My brushes are perfectly clean now and I really like the fact that I don't have to wait too much until they are perfectly dry.
The only thing I don't like that the paciging doesn't come with a "spritzer" so I have to search something (a contanier) to not to waste any product.
I will still deep clean my brushes sometimes with shampoo, but I will stick with this cleanser for everyday use, I really like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by annie711pm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Will never ever use another brush cleansing product. I actually dilute this with 50% water into a small spray bottle. It works very well diluted, so I have no reason to use it straight. This also helps it to last longer, but at $10 a bottle (which I've had for 6 months, and there are still 2/3 left) it is more than reasonable.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by fragiles0ng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a pretty big fan of this stuff. It's a really runny solution, with a consistency closer to water than shampoo. I usually fill the cap up with the cleaner, dip the wet brush in the lid, run the brush back and forth in my hand, and then rinse and air dry. I do wish it came with a spray head, because the thinness of the liquid makes it easy to pour out too much and waste product. A thicker formula would be easier to control with the cap it has, but this would work better as a spray. Overall, I like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have always used regular shampoo or high-quality French liquid hand soap with olive oil to wash my brushes. I bought this on a visit to the MAC counter after hearing so many raves. I had washed my brushes about 2 weeks ago, and use a daily brush cleaner on them after each use. I diluted this cleaner about 1:3 with hot water in a glass bowl and cleaned my brushes. I was shocked at how much pigment came out of the brushes! I had to change the water twice. Rinsed them, blotted on a towel and left brushes to air dry. I use E.L.F. Studio brushes, with a few MAC, Studio Basics, and Bare Escentuals. I'm extremely impressed with this cleaner. It deep-cleans brushes much better than regular shampoo or soap, dries quickly, and doesn't smell offensive. I will definitely repurchase and will not go back to any other product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this brush cleanser. Cleans well and disinfects, but I wish it wasn't as diluted. I wish it was more like a shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by jls517

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well this is my first brush cleaner so I don't have a lot to compare to, but its gets the job done with little products. I've been using it once a week to clean my new mac brushes. It easily washes away the product and rinses off cleanly from the brush. It take a tiny dab onto a wet brush and just gently massage it in. Give it a good rinse, reshape and lay on a paper towel overnight to try. I probably will try some cheaper brush cleaners before I buy another, but since this is part of the Back 2 Mac program I'll probably end up getting it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by millenababy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's a very good spot cleaning solution. A bit expensive for my taste, but honestly I can't say I have found anything cheaper that works so well.
The only thing I would change about it is the packaging: I would add a spray pump to avoid wasting any product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This isnt the best brush cleaner in the world. Dont get me wrong it's great but for deep cleansing I prefer a sulfate free gentle cleansing shampoo with a natural antiseptic (I like Phillip b Scent of Santa fe shampoo) but this works great for spot cleaning and on the go and on location. A lot comes in the bottle for the price as well. This really helps preserve the quality of brushes that can really last a lifetime if you take the right measures.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by elledanseseule

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff works great for spot cleaning. It takes off most of the residue, and disinfects your brushes and dries quickly, but it won't take off everything.

I spot clean my brushes with the brush cleanser every day, and then I clean then weekly with a mixture of olive oil and antibacterial soap. I do this in the evening so they have time to dry overnight so they are ready to use when I get up!

The only real CON I can think of is the packaging. If the bottle came with a spray head, it would work better. Because of the lid thingy, you tend to pour out a lot more than you need, and it usually also leaks down the bottle after you get done pouring it on a tissue. So there is quite some waste if you're not careful.

Will definitely buy again when my bottle runs out.