L'Occitane Amande Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil

4.4

Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tipa-Laureth Sulfate, Laureth-4, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Parfum/Fragrance, Cocamide Mea, Propylene Glycol Butyl Ether, Sorbitan Oleate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Aqua/Water, Limonene, Coumarin, Linalool

on 4/9/2008 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was given this product by my mother, for Xmas, and since I have oily skin it is far too rich for me. So I gave it to a friend who LOVES it. I can't express her appreciation for it. She has very dry skin, face and body, and says that this is the only shower gel type thing that has ever left her skin feeling so beautiful. she doesn't really want to buy it full price (who would?) but may do so, because the product itself is so wonderful.

on 4/4/2008 7:01:00 PM

I bought this product based on the strong recommendation on this board and don't regret it for a minute. The container is stable on my tub ledge and I appreciate the toggle cap...no messy lids or screwtops to worry about. The consistency is definitely unique and if you're used to gels and such, you might have a tendency to overpour, as I did. Really, a little bit goes a long way. Just keep your eye on your hand and you won't be spilling and slipping all over the tub. The best feature, though, is the smell. While I'm addicted to the smell of almond, this is definitely in a class of its own. Not like marzipan at all. It reminds me of a raw milky almond eaten right off a tree. Not cloying at all. And it lingers in the bathroom after I use it, which is a nice pleasant treat. After use, my skin felt smooth and not tight at all, as some reviewers have commented.

While the price may be a bit steep, I'll definitely be altering this product with my favourite lemon and mint shower gels. Perfection.

on 3/30/2008 1:08:00 AM

Ok for cleansing, but as others have mentioned, this is THE BEST product to use for shaving! I have tried every type of razor (even new 4 blade Venus) and shave gel/cream for dry and/or sensitive skin, and I STILL get red bumps if I don't use this oil to shave. I've recommended it to many people, and it is wonderful! Not too pricey if used for shaving only.

on 2/18/2008 12:58:00 AM

I bought this shower oil as I love face cleansing oil, and I must admit I like the fact that an oil can "lather" upon activation w/ water...lol! I was also surprised to see the fantastic reviews this product has here on MUA, so I figured I'd "go for it!" First off, the price is a tad high for the amount you get ( $22 +tax for 8.4 fl. oz.) I can only imagine if you use this everyday as a body wash it'll be gone in no time. The scent to me is "euphoric", as I just love it! The way that I used this oil was in the shower. I squeezed some product onto my body sponge and activated the "lather" by rubbing it on my damp body. It did lather well, as I was able to wash my entire body without having to add more oil. It did rinse off clean, leaving no filmy residue. After my shower/ drying off, I did notice my skin felt a little "tight". I usually lotion my body right after shower, but from reading the reviews for this oil, ppl didn't have to use lotion as they felt "moisturized" enough. Not me...I couldn't stand the "dry" feeling. My skin is not overly dry either, so this was a disappointment. Although, I did use it as a shave cream, and it felt like heaven ;) So, my overall review is this is a luxury item for me as I will only be using it to shave my legs/arm pits with. It smells awesome and the price is steep, but it should last awhile since I am only using it to shave with. Yes, I will repurchase as I may have found my new HG for shaving!

on 2/1/2008 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I bought this because I love the discontinued Cacharel Gloria bath oil, which smells like almond pastries and makes for a deliciously soft shave. The L’Occitane amande shower oil is less sweet and buttery, with emphasis on a milky, fresh almond aroma. At first I was nonplussed, but with every use I find it more and more addictive, to the point that it is my singular shower highlight. I love the way it makes a light, creamy lather and leaves skin hydrated. I can say with confidence that the condition of my ‘normal’ skin has improved since using this product. I gave a decant of this to my very hairy boyfriend for his own personal use and he said he thought it was better suited to soft, girl skin, because with all his tangles and surface area it didn’t go far, nor leave his skin particularly soft. ‘Smells good,’ he conceded.

on 1/16/2008 8:50:00 AM

Thank you MUA! I bought this product as a direct result of reading the reviews and, insofar as is possible for a bath product to have that effect, it has changed my life. If you pour a tiny amount into the palm of your hands and rub your hands together (it looks liquid but feels oddly thick) and then rub that over the area you are going to shave, you get a really close shave, a wonderful smell, moisturised skin and no lumpy bumpy bits. Genius. And because you use such a small amount, it will last for ages, so even though it's expensive, it may even be cost effective.

on 1/7/2008 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

WONDERFUL shower oil. It surprisingly lathers nicely and leaves the skin feeling really smooth, supple, and moisturized. Also a plus, almond is a natural skin firmer. This also makes as a great shaving "cream" for those with really dry skin. It makes for a really smooth shave. It has a delicious scent as well. A bit pricey, but like a lot of L'Occitane's producs, it's really good quality. Very pampering product and makes as a really great gift as well. If you like this, try their 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream. It's my absolute favorite hand cream ever.

on 1/3/2008 4:32:00 PM

for pampering and when you want your skin to be SILKY smooth asap!

~absolutely LOooVE the smell!!
~expensive but you don't need that much each time; i rub it in my palms then apply, massage for a while then rinse. bottle cap allows you to control amount very easily too.
~i try to use it once a week and a day or two after intensive exfoliation ~amaaaaaaazing!

on 1/3/2008 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I tried this as a luxury splurge on the recommendation of a friend who swears by it for dry skin. It's almost everything I expected--the most moisturizing body cleanser I've used, wonderful smell, and really makes me feel pampered. The only drawback is that I notice after using it for a couple of days in a row that I start to break out on my chest, upper back, and neck. For this reason, I only use it once in a while. This actually works out well, because I couldn't afford to use this daily! A great pick-me-up on a bleak winter day.

on 12/17/2007 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It always amazes me how they figured out a way to get oil to foam - so cool! You better have money like Jed Clampett if you get addicted to this stuff because it is expensive. I love it. I can buy generic groceries or something and work out the budget, ha ha. Kidding aside, it lasts a long time, is very moisturizing and LOVE LOVE LOVE this smell--please, L'occitane, could you make a perfume of this???
This is simply a wonderful product, worth every penny.