September 2, 2014 | 1888 users online

Gels/Soaps - L'Occitane - Amande Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2008 8:50:00 AM More reviews by 135792468

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Thank you MUA! I bought this product as a direct result of reading the reviews and, insofar as is possible for a bath product to have that effect, it has changed my life. If you pour a tiny amount into the palm of your hands and rub your hands together (it looks liquid but feels oddly thick) and then rub that over the area you are going to shave, you get a really close shave, a wonderful smell, moisturised skin and no lumpy bumpy bits. Genius. And because you use such a small amount, it will last for ages, so even though it's expensive, it may even be cost effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2008 9:44:00 PM More reviews by HeyJudes

WONDERFUL shower oil. It surprisingly lathers nicely and leaves the skin feeling really smooth, supple, and moisturized. Also a plus, almond is a natural skin firmer. This also makes as a great shaving "cream" for those with really dry skin. It makes for a really smooth shave. It has a delicious scent as well. A bit pricey, but like a lot of L'Occitane's producs, it's really good quality. Very pampering product and makes as a really great gift as well. If you like this, try their 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream. It's my absolute favorite hand cream ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2008 4:32:00 PM More reviews by angelic88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

for pampering and when you want your skin to be SILKY smooth asap!

~absolutely LOooVE the smell!!
~expensive but you don't need that much each time; i rub it in my palms then apply, massage for a while then rinse. bottle cap allows you to control amount very easily too.
~i try to use it once a week and a day or two after intensive exfoliation ~amaaaaaaazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2008 3:31:00 PM More reviews by DLux

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this as a luxury splurge on the recommendation of a friend who swears by it for dry skin. It's almost everything I expected--the most moisturizing body cleanser I've used, wonderful smell, and really makes me feel pampered. The only drawback is that I notice after using it for a couple of days in a row that I start to break out on my chest, upper back, and neck. For this reason, I only use it once in a while. This actually works out well, because I couldn't afford to use this daily! A great pick-me-up on a bleak winter day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2007 10:18:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It always amazes me how they figured out a way to get oil to foam - so cool! You better have money like Jed Clampett if you get addicted to this stuff because it is expensive. I love it. I can buy generic groceries or something and work out the budget, ha ha. Kidding aside, it lasts a long time, is very moisturizing and LOVE LOVE LOVE this smell--please, L'occitane, could you make a perfume of this???
This is simply a wonderful product, worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2007 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Janvier

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Despite the cost, I will continue to purchase this again and again. I was at first sceptical that something called shower oil would be cleansing enough, but it is a perfect balance b/w cleansing and moisturizing with a wonderful soft almond scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 9:20:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

This is liquid gold to my poor dry legs and arms. I suffer red bumps when shaving and after one shave I already notice a difference. Love the sweet scent, which is really not all that almond-y, but love it anyway. Since I am generally too lazy to moisturize after bathing, this product does double-duty. But if I get energetic and apply some L'O Almond Milk Concentrate, my skin feels like absolute silk. Pricey but I consider this a necessary purchase and don't think I will ever go back to soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2007 10:25:00 AM More reviews by anna_hstad

I love this oil! My skin tends to get dry but not since using this. It contains a lot of natural, good ingredients for skin -Sweet almond is good for purifying purposes, Grape seed oil, Rosemary leaf extract, Sunflower seed oil + its BRILLIANT when shaving! Skin is soft as a baby.The scent is ok..not my favorite of all but nice. Highly recommend!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2007 10:52:00 PM More reviews by vanbergc

I really don't like this oil. The scent is off and I just can't get past it. The oily texture doesn't do a thing for me either. Just not my favorite product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2007 8:33:00 AM More reviews by mautan17

excellent like everybody said. but so expensive . i will repurchase if i have money. T T