April 16, 2014 | 2034 users online

Gels/Soaps - L'Occitane - Amande Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2008 4:32:00 PM More reviews by angelic88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

for pampering and when you want your skin to be SILKY smooth asap!

~absolutely LOooVE the smell!!
~expensive but you don't need that much each time; i rub it in my palms then apply, massage for a while then rinse. bottle cap allows you to control amount very easily too.
~i try to use it once a week and a day or two after intensive exfoliation ~amaaaaaaazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2008 3:31:00 PM More reviews by DLux

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this as a luxury splurge on the recommendation of a friend who swears by it for dry skin. It's almost everything I expected--the most moisturizing body cleanser I've used, wonderful smell, and really makes me feel pampered. The only drawback is that I notice after using it for a couple of days in a row that I start to break out on my chest, upper back, and neck. For this reason, I only use it once in a while. This actually works out well, because I couldn't afford to use this daily! A great pick-me-up on a bleak winter day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2007 10:18:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It always amazes me how they figured out a way to get oil to foam - so cool! You better have money like Jed Clampett if you get addicted to this stuff because it is expensive. I love it. I can buy generic groceries or something and work out the budget, ha ha. Kidding aside, it lasts a long time, is very moisturizing and LOVE LOVE LOVE this smell--please, L'occitane, could you make a perfume of this???
This is simply a wonderful product, worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2007 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Janvier

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Despite the cost, I will continue to purchase this again and again. I was at first sceptical that something called shower oil would be cleansing enough, but it is a perfect balance b/w cleansing and moisturizing with a wonderful soft almond scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 9:20:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

This is liquid gold to my poor dry legs and arms. I suffer red bumps when shaving and after one shave I already notice a difference. Love the sweet scent, which is really not all that almond-y, but love it anyway. Since I am generally too lazy to moisturize after bathing, this product does double-duty. But if I get energetic and apply some L'O Almond Milk Concentrate, my skin feels like absolute silk. Pricey but I consider this a necessary purchase and don't think I will ever go back to soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2007 10:25:00 AM More reviews by anna_hstad

I love this oil! My skin tends to get dry but not since using this. It contains a lot of natural, good ingredients for skin -Sweet almond is good for purifying purposes, Grape seed oil, Rosemary leaf extract, Sunflower seed oil + its BRILLIANT when shaving! Skin is soft as a baby.The scent is ok..not my favorite of all but nice. Highly recommend!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2007 10:52:00 PM More reviews by vanbergc

I really don't like this oil. The scent is off and I just can't get past it. The oily texture doesn't do a thing for me either. Just not my favorite product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2007 8:33:00 AM More reviews by mautan17

excellent like everybody said. but so expensive . i will repurchase if i have money. T T

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2007 1:48:00 PM More reviews by yokojoano

Love this stuff the most out of the almond products I've tried. The scent is too strong, but this oil/soap whatever the heck it is, its just amazing! My skin feels like it belongs to someone else after I use this stuff. I save most L'occitane products as special indulgences because of the price, but I would buy this again (or the grapeseed shower oil, which I want to try in case the scent is better). I'm not crazy about the scent of any of these products - not offensive, just strong and I get tired of them easily. Packaging isn't as good for this, gets slippery and I use too much at once.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2007 11:11:00 AM More reviews by tantalumgirl

I bought this because of the rave reviews here, and I have to say I'm not dissappointed. It's called shower oil, but it's not at all like an oil, more like a regular shower gel. It rinses clean, but I do feel like I have a light coating of oil on my skin after rinsing. The scent is described as almond, but I don't get almond at all, it smells more like honey to me. A bit expensive, but I would probably repurchase.