December 21, 2014 | 1601 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Excellent as a base, highlighter, and for the waterline. The product goes on smooth and blends easily with either your finger or a brush. It even lasts in the waterline, which is huge for me. I haven't had to sharpen it yet so we'll see how that goes. As for use, I use UDPP first, this as my base, then pick whatever shadow I like. It really does make a huge difference. The colors pop. Because of the texture, I can see how this would crease, especially if you have oily lids (I do). So, because of this, I ALWAYS use UDPP before I use Milk. If not, I have no doubt it will crease and disappear within an hour. For the price (FYI, Ulta tends to keep these on a BOGO) you can't go wrong. It's a pretty awesome base. I have it in Strawberry Milk as well. Haven't tried that yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Monseter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally used this today and it's awesome! I'm allergic to silicone so most eye-primers are out of the question. i'm pretty sure NYX has my back on a lot of eye makeup when it comes to being silicone free. Anyway, I'm using this as a base for my eyeshadow and it most definitely made my eyeshadow really nice and bright, not to mention that I've been wearing this since about 7 this morning and it looks the same as it did when i put it on!!

You don't need much product to cover your whole lid, about three little streaks of it on your lid and then use your finger to warm up the product and blend.

I'd compare it to benefit's lemon aid but this is muuuuuuuch better. Lemon aid creased on me and the colors didn't stand out as much because it's yellow-ish so it blended with my lids, which was nice in a way but at the same time, it didn't give me that really good pigmentation.

The price is right (got it for 2.25 because nyx always has buy one get one 50% off sales) and I really like the packaging because I'm totally not a fan of sticking my fingers into pots because I'm a total germaphobe so this is most def. my new HG shadow primer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by AzurLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am sort of torn about this jumbo pencil. Yes, it's a great base for eyeshadows and helps make them more vibrant. However, I find that Milk creases a lot more than the 4 other jumbo pencils I own (Black Bean, Iced Mocha, French Fries, and Cottage Cheese). Even when I apply UDPP, it gets cakey and makes my shadows look muddy after a couple of hours. I probably will not be repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by KathrynLina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I originally bought this product for a Halloween makeup application for myself. It was a random buy at the time. Since then I have read reviews on this product and learned that it is so incredibly versatile and can be used for many other things... not JUST Halloween makeup. Since I am so fair, it works perfectly as a hi lighter. I thought it sounded crazy (because its white!) until I actually tried it, but it works phenomenally. Also works great as a base for shadows to really make them pop, or alone as a base, or just in the inner corners.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Trazey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Cons: crappy cap lid! cracked about week 2 lol And would be nice if it had a twist-up bottom :(

Pros: creamy! pigmented but not harsh, great as highlight and really brightens up inner corner. I have stubborn undereye circles and as an experiment, I went over the darkest area with Milk, and then applied concealer as usual - big difference! i love it!

PS -- it crumbles if you sharpen it, but POP IT IN THE FREEZER FOR 20 MINUTES AND IT SHARPENS LIKE A DREAM!!! back to the day you bought it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by xjayle

This is great for inner corners and as a base for eyeshadows. It's so creamy, pigmented and easy to blend. Because it's "jumbo", it might be a bit difficult applying on your waterline but you get the hang of it right away.

Don't really like the packaging of it though. The cap started cracking after my second use. It's also not retractable. And you can't sharpen it either. Which means you're left with only a tiny amount to work with but I guess it's okay since it's so pigmented, you won't use too much.

I like it and recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by beevanilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product! It's the perfect product to use if you want a clean "slate" when it comes to really colourful and pigmented eye shadows. This white jumbo pencil is very pigmented and a little goes a long way. It helps mute out your lids' natural colour and helps show the true colour of the eyeshadow of your preference. It does its job wonderfully and I don't think I can ever go without it whenever I want a more vibrant look. However, it is a little bit sticky when you first put it on so I always wait for it to dry a little bit before proceeding with the actual eyeshadow. I also don't think it will serve well as a primer so I always use an actual primer or NYX's Skin Tone Base before using this pencil. The best thing the price isn't that bad and it lasts you for a really long time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by cheeky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was super excited to get this because of the good reviews. I wanted to use it for my inner corner, and thought it would work well. I purchased cottage cheese along with milk, and I didn't like either. I found them both to be drying, and both went on patchy. The caps are awful, they always seem to crack and then the tip of the crayon gets smushed down. I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by VerniePie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the NYX jumbo pencil in Milk!!!!!! This is by far the best eyeshadow primer ever!!!!! Now I don't normally use this as an actual eyeshadow but more as a primer and let me tell you it is the best!!!!

For me the secret is to not slather it all over my lids but to use a little bit and then smear it around with my finger.....it really is the best primer/base it works with every color eyeshadow from super bright colorful shades to neutral shades....it makes my cheap dollar store shadows look like MAC!!!!! It's just a great product....I highly recommend it!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 8:20:00 AM More reviews by xshado

This is my first NYX product, this pencil is my HG
I love using white eyeliner under my eyes because it makes them look bigger, and this pencil is so perfect to me.
I can use for multiple things, a base, primer, white eyeliner, use it on my tearduct
Its amazing, i use it every single day.
I will buy another one as soon as i ran out, ASAP.
I have the nars white eyeliner, and i prefer this jumbo pencil 1000x more than the nars.

The ONLY con i have is that i wish you didn't have to sharpen it, because i have NO idea what type of sharpener would be big enough and strong enough to sharpen this pencil.
It would've been better if the stick came with those twisty ends, so that way you would just have to twist for the product to come out.