August 29, 2014 | 1976 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by xjayle

This is great for inner corners and as a base for eyeshadows. It's so creamy, pigmented and easy to blend. Because it's "jumbo", it might be a bit difficult applying on your waterline but you get the hang of it right away.

Don't really like the packaging of it though. The cap started cracking after my second use. It's also not retractable. And you can't sharpen it either. Which means you're left with only a tiny amount to work with but I guess it's okay since it's so pigmented, you won't use too much.

I like it and recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by beevanilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product! It's the perfect product to use if you want a clean "slate" when it comes to really colourful and pigmented eye shadows. This white jumbo pencil is very pigmented and a little goes a long way. It helps mute out your lids' natural colour and helps show the true colour of the eyeshadow of your preference. It does its job wonderfully and I don't think I can ever go without it whenever I want a more vibrant look. However, it is a little bit sticky when you first put it on so I always wait for it to dry a little bit before proceeding with the actual eyeshadow. I also don't think it will serve well as a primer so I always use an actual primer or NYX's Skin Tone Base before using this pencil. The best thing the price isn't that bad and it lasts you for a really long time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by cheeky

I was super excited to get this because of the good reviews. I wanted to use it for my inner corner, and thought it would work well. I purchased cottage cheese along with milk, and I didn't like either. I found them both to be drying, and both went on patchy. The caps are awful, they always seem to crack and then the tip of the crayon gets smushed down. I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by VerniePie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the NYX jumbo pencil in Milk!!!!!! This is by far the best eyeshadow primer ever!!!!! Now I don't normally use this as an actual eyeshadow but more as a primer and let me tell you it is the best!!!!

For me the secret is to not slather it all over my lids but to use a little bit and then smear it around with my finger.....it really is the best primer/base it works with every color eyeshadow from super bright colorful shades to neutral shades....it makes my cheap dollar store shadows look like MAC!!!!! It's just a great product....I highly recommend it!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 8:20:00 AM More reviews by xshado

This is my first NYX product, this pencil is my HG
I love using white eyeliner under my eyes because it makes them look bigger, and this pencil is so perfect to me.
I can use for multiple things, a base, primer, white eyeliner, use it on my tearduct
Its amazing, i use it every single day.
I will buy another one as soon as i ran out, ASAP.
I have the nars white eyeliner, and i prefer this jumbo pencil 1000x more than the nars.

The ONLY con i have is that i wish you didn't have to sharpen it, because i have NO idea what type of sharpener would be big enough and strong enough to sharpen this pencil.
It would've been better if the stick came with those twisty ends, so that way you would just have to twist for the product to come out.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by kaikaii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This does work well for an eyeshadow base however def does not have a strong stay power like other products / primers out there. I guess its a good cheaper alternative however I prefer my gorgeous eyeshadow primer :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by galacticmousse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All I can say is ... heck yeah!! I love this product. I use it as an eyeshadow base for my oily lids (helps eyeshadow stay longer, and have a stronger 'pop' of color), as a highlighter, and on my waterline. Nice, creamy texture that blends out very well. Be warned, you MUST blend it well with your fingers -- trying to apply it straight from the pencil with no blending creates creasing. My only complaint is that it is a pain in the butt to sharpen, due to the very creamy texture of the pencil. Over all, I love this product and will buy again ... and again ... and again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

NEWS FLASH: Stop complaining about not being able to sharpen NYX JEP!! Go to Walmart and look for an eyeliner sharpener. The one I got from there has two holes, one for a regular size pencil, and larger one for big pencils. It was less than $1.00. Problem solved. I've never had any issues with sharpening. Now onto my review. I never apply these pencils to my lid straight from the stick. I find that puts down too much product. If you want a lighter application, rub the pencil onto your ring finger, then apply it to your lid. I promise it will go on more evenly, and probably look better.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

NYX Milk is a very creamy white eyeshadow pencil. I love that it glides on so smoothly and lasts most of the day on me. The shade is a true white color (without blue or yellow hues like some whites). It is completely matte, which is a hard quality to find in a white shadow. I use this pencil almost every day on the inner part of my eyes and on the water lines. It leaves me looking awake and fresh all day. The only (but major) gripe I have is that it is near impossible to sharpen because it is plastic and very thick. But, for the results, this pencil is still worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by melly845

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not a fan of this. I bought it because everyone said it made a good base for eyeshadow, but I didn't find that. I tried putting a NYX single eyeshadow over the top of it and it really didn't work. It was just a mess, but maybe I put the pencil on too thick or something. Might have to try again with a better quality eyeshadow and see if it works, otherwise this will just go to waste. I also have a few other colours in the jumbo pencil and I find that they crease and fade very easily. I also tried these on my waterline as a lot of reviews said they last ages on the waterline, but that wasn't the case for me. I love most NYX products but I find these to be poor quality.