NYX Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Ceresin Wax, Candelilla Wax, Bees Wax, Squalane, Hydrogenated Styrene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oils, Polyisobutene, Butylated Hydroxy Anisole, Propyl Paraben, Mica, Talc, C.I.77499, Pearl Powder.

on 7/14/2013 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Superb for the waterline. It's sort of just that perfect white pencil staple that's pretty inexpensive for the quality you're getting.

on 7/12/2013 12:03:00 PM

This is super creamy and pigmented but it makes my eyeshadows crease a lot and give my eyeshadows a grey cast.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This product acts perfect as a base to keep shadows from creasing and to intensify colours.
I love using it when I am sporting more colourful daring looks to make the colours pop.
However, I am super bummed out that none of my sharpeners can fit this monster. Meaning I am going to have to fork out and buy NYX's very own sharpener. Not that it costs that much. Just irritating that I can only use their sharpener for this product.
Furthermore, another bother with the packaging is that the cap has cracked all over so I'm going to have to sellotape that I guess if I want to keep it.
But other than the rubbish packaging, it is an amazing product.

on 6/29/2013 9:29:00 PM

First time using a jumbo eye pencil and just starting purchasing NYX products. I like that this pencil goes on creamy and is very easy to blend. But it creases very quickly. It was suggested to use NYX eye primer, which I just bought today but haven't used it yet (will write a review soon), so hopefully that will help the color to stay on longer and not crease.

An essential for every make up collection. It's a completely versatile product. I use it as a primer mostly and I love it to bits!!

on 6/18/2013 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a staple item to have in your makeup arsenal. I say so because it is very helpful to use as an eyeshadow base especially for bright shadow looks such as pastels, nudes, and neons. Your color pay off will be 100 times better if you base with a concealer, and/or primer directly onto your lid then use NYX Jumbo Pencil in MILK before applying your colors. Essentially, this product creates a canvas over your lid to give a smooth texture for your shadows "grab" or "sit" onto; thus, extending longevity of wear. Definitely deserves 5 lippies for quality! It's not expensive at all...there's nothing super special about the packaging...it's very simple. Although, NYX does ship their products securely in a box with bubble wrap and inside of an adorable black lace drawstring bag. I recommend getting this item if you are an avid shadow rocker or even if you are novice trying to develop your application technque(s). Special S/O to SHAMIAMGLAM for intoducing me to this product via her FABULOUS FOTD tutorials on YT.
~Adrienne Starr

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a good base for eyeshadow. It applies well and the pigment is phenomenal! It must be blended well otherwise it looks like a mess. It definitely makes eyeshadow pop and it stays well! I adore this pencil.

on 6/15/2013 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

it's nice but i had some trouble finding an appropriate sharpener.
it also clumps in the corner of my eyes so i always 'set' it with an eyeshadow but it is a really nice product especially for highlighting.

on 6/13/2013 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Excellent as a base, highlighter, and for the waterline. The product goes on smooth and blends easily with either your finger or a brush. It even lasts in the waterline, which is huge for me. I haven't had to sharpen it yet so we'll see how that goes. As for use, I use UDPP first, this as my base, then pick whatever shadow I like. It really does make a huge difference. The colors pop. Because of the texture, I can see how this would crease, especially if you have oily lids (I do). So, because of this, I ALWAYS use UDPP before I use Milk. If not, I have no doubt it will crease and disappear within an hour. For the price (FYI, Ulta tends to keep these on a BOGO) you can't go wrong. It's a pretty awesome base. I have it in Strawberry Milk as well. Haven't tried that yet.

on 6/1/2013 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Finally used this today and it's awesome! I'm allergic to silicone so most eye-primers are out of the question. i'm pretty sure NYX has my back on a lot of eye makeup when it comes to being silicone free. Anyway, I'm using this as a base for my eyeshadow and it most definitely made my eyeshadow really nice and bright, not to mention that I've been wearing this since about 7 this morning and it looks the same as it did when i put it on!!

You don't need much product to cover your whole lid, about three little streaks of it on your lid and then use your finger to warm up the product and blend.

I'd compare it to benefit's lemon aid but this is muuuuuuuch better. Lemon aid creased on me and the colors didn't stand out as much because it's yellow-ish so it blended with my lids, which was nice in a way but at the same time, it didn't give me that really good pigmentation.

The price is right (got it for 2.25 because nyx always has buy one get one 50% off sales) and I really like the packaging because I'm totally not a fan of sticking my fingers into pots because I'm a total germaphobe so this is most def. my new HG shadow primer.