Clinique Aromatics Elixir

3.0

on 4/3/2010 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This perfume is overly powdery and sweet. My aunt wears this and it leaves a smelly trail wherever she goes.

on 4/2/2010 6:11:00 PM

wow, this smells nasty to me! i need to go wash it off! too musky; i like fruity scents.

on 3/31/2010 6:40:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I like this ...on other people. On me it loses the interesting herbal medicinal smell that I like and just ramps up the sweetness until I smell like a box of Turkish Delight. So sweet it sets my teeth on edge!
Gave my bottle away to a good friend so that I could enjoy the fragrance on her. Win/win situation.

on 3/31/2010 5:12:00 AM

I picked up a bottle of this at a thrift store. I remembered trying it in a store years ago but couldn't remember if I liked it. It's wonderful on my skin, a herbaceous, spicy scent. It smells like a walk near a stream, green and soothing to me. There is a floral in it, rose maybe, adds some sweetness to it. It is potent, sillage is good and lasts forever so moderation is advised.

on 2/20/2010 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I guess the general consensus with this one (or any perfume for that matter) is you either love it or hate it. Perfumes are so subjective in that what smells great on someone might smell terrible on another. For me, I belong in the "I don't care for it" camp. To me, it smelled too much like an old lady in the woods. I actually like woodsy perfume but this one has that sort of chemical undertones to it that takes away from the oriental, woodsy scent. It's a bit overpowering at first and almost reminds me of Opium but then settles down after a couple of hours. I gave this one to my mom and surprise, it smells great on her so that just proves the old adage that your own chemistry has a lot to do with how a perfume turns out. I gave it 3 lippies because I love the bottle but that's about it.

on 2/18/2010 2:35:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I am with the "don't like it, would never wear it" team. I had read so many reviews about how wonderful it is and how people always notice and compliment the person who wears it, so I had to see what was it all about.

I tried the perfume version twice in different days and both times my impression was the same. First of all, on me (and to me) it smelled almost exactly the same as in the bottle (maybe slightly sweeter), so I do not think my skin chemistry changed it in any significant way. For the first two hours, the scent was too strong and too oriental for my taste. After 5 hours, the scent smelled very subdued and "common" and after 7 hours I could not perceive it at all, which was a big surprise given that so many reviewers commented on its lasting power!

Otherwise, during the first hours when the scent was on "full power", it made me think of classy, albeit middle-aged and slightly conservative ladies.

I did not hate it and I can understand why some people would like/love it and that in certain persons this could be a very distinctive fragrance. I am just one of them.

on 2/3/2010 5:51:00 PM

Spray and walk through, this is an Elixir ladies!! I like this very much in minute amounts. Again, one spray and walk through on a winter day is perfect if you like woody goodness in a fragrance this is it. However, I would not buy this again as my bottle will last a life time because so little is needed to get the full effect. If this gives you a headache, and it will, you are spraying too much.

on 12/28/2009 11:00:00 AM

Sorry folks but this smells divine on me. I know loads of you hate it, but i just love it. I am going to use it sparingly though.

Edit;
i have changed my mind about this. I returned to work after xmas to find that the colleague who smells like mothbally old ladies, wears this perfume. Everyone talks about how vile she smells. Needless to say I have binned this.

on 12/24/2009 4:00:00 PM

Along with 24 Faubourg, this has got to be the 2nd stinkiest perfume I ever got to smell. I know it is considered as a masterpiece by many perfumistas, I personally don't get it....

on 11/10/2009 3:47:00 PM

I wore this fragrance years ago and LOVED it. Then, one day I thought it smelled different on me than it had in the past. There is definitely a body chemistry thing going on with this scent since others have noticed it too in their reviews. I stopped wearing it but I pine for it once in a while when someone walks by wearing it....it's an unmistakable scent. I should try it again and use it sparingly...maybe it will smell better on me the second time around. I say wear it if you like it but beware, it can change on you out of the blue.

Popular Fragrances