April 17, 2014 | 1790 users online

Fragrances - Clinique - Aromatics Elixir

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2009 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Ladyatlunch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sorry folks but this smells divine on me. I know loads of you hate it, but i just love it. I am going to use it sparingly though.

Edit;
i have changed my mind about this. I returned to work after xmas to find that the colleague who smells like mothbally old ladies, wears this perfume. Everyone talks about how vile she smells. Needless to say I have binned this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2009 4:00:00 PM More reviews by martika

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Along with 24 Faubourg, this has got to be the 2nd stinkiest perfume I ever got to smell. I know it is considered as a masterpiece by many perfumistas, I personally don't get it....

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2009 3:47:00 PM More reviews by xcheck

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wore this fragrance years ago and LOVED it. Then, one day I thought it smelled different on me than it had in the past. There is definitely a body chemistry thing going on with this scent since others have noticed it too in their reviews. I stopped wearing it but I pine for it once in a while when someone walks by wearing it....it's an unmistakable scent. I should try it again and use it sparingly...maybe it will smell better on me the second time around. I say wear it if you like it but beware, it can change on you out of the blue.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by julieolivia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to weigh in.
On the right person, this perfume is without compare. I don't care how strong it is, it isn't a matter of strength, it just has to be on the right person with the right chemistry. And that person is, anyone but me. Anyone I have ever smelled it on, it smells marvelous. Walking thru the grocery store, aaaahhh, someone has on AE. I smile and feel great smelling it. On my sister, its warm and soft. Even at a funeral, outside, I catch it on the breeze and even there, I feel comforted and happy. It isn't describable, on the right person, it is just an intensely warm, soft oriental type scent, like their chemistry wrestles the chypre into submission so it only lifts and slightly soaps up the scent. On me, it is unholy - all spurs and cartoon allergen spores, prickling green and fiercely mean into my head. Others suffer, too - at least three times, when wearing it, someone said "i smell bug spray". It was awful. So, while I am enraptured when I smell it on anyone else, anywhere else, if I won the lottery I would PAY someone to wear it around me so I could enjoy it - I absolutely cannot wear it and I have to accept it (not even the fantastic solid in the gold compact....I LOVE that thing......) Absolutely must be tried to be understood. I have exact same problem with Angel, love it absolutely when smelled on anyone and everyone else, hurts my stomach when I try to wear it.

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2009 12:54:00 PM More reviews by nau

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

don't understand how bad people think of it.i really do love this perfume,it is the best in the world for me.i love to smell it on me and of some rare people i meet. it is more than a perfume,it is sentiment about of your feelings(make me beeing better when i'm sad, make me dream when i'm in a good mood,remember me my baby age).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 11:45:00 PM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I despise this! My mother ADORES this. It's an aromatic chypre, very warm and woodsy. But all I smell is a VERY cloying, migraine-inducing scent. It's very chemical. And it's STRONG. My mother gave me a few pairs of trousers she no longer wanted and I had to wash them 2x to get this damn scent off them! Ugh. To my nose, this stuff is as overpowering as Shalimar, Opium and similar scents. No offence intended! If you like those perfumes, you may really like this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2009 4:52:00 PM More reviews by emmagreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I heard the guy who did the original Cabochard did this, and that this, too, was a chypre, albeit a herbacious one-- I thought this would be THE ONE. The one what? Inseperable bug spray that I adore. Yck. I keep trying though; off and on for over a couple years, every now and then I'll spray this on when I'm in Sephora, just to see. I like green chypres, I have nothing but admiration for the likes of Givenchy III. I don't want to wear bandit, but I get it. This just makes me hanker after sleeping under a mosquito net, which is actually too much of a compliment, because mosquito nets are too romantic and unusual for this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Aonn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I sampled this today for the first time and my first reaction was - it's Mitsouko crossed with Youth Dew. I adore Mitsouko but have never been a fan of Youth Dew. Applied sparingly, this is really quite nice and is probably a good cool/cold weather fragrance. Lasts forever and the drydown is quite spicy and more akin to Youth Dew than Mitsouko. It's too potent and heavy to wear now here in the deep south in the heat and humidity, but I will try this again in the fall and may purchase for occasional use.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2009 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Belann

I really loved this scent on a coworker years ago so I bought some.
Then a couple of other people at work complained about the pefume.
Do not know what I would think about it now. Probably too strong.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Some of the reviews for this crack me up... LOL!! Anyway, I purchased a small bottle of this because I love the way it smells when you walk in a room that is fragranced by this. I don't know that I will ever spray it on any part of me, but I do like it as a "room deodorizer." It is strong-- VERY STRONG. I sprayed it in my bedroom into the air- just one, short spritz- and I swear, I am downstairs in my dining room right now and I can smell it all the way down here! A favorite jewelry store of mine always smelled of this, and I finally asked one of the salepersons, "What is that fragrance that has permeated this store ever since I can remember?" And she said, "The owner's wife's perfume!" Then the owner's wife told me what it was (Clinique Aromatics Elixir), and I knew I had to get some so my house could smell as pretty as that jewelry store! LOL! So that is my story and that is the only reason why I like it...

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No