April 17, 2014 | 1693 users online

Lip Treatments - LUSH - Honey Trap Lip Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2010 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Mystyre

I get obsessed over products easily and am constantly lemming new things, particularly lip balms. I am the kind of person who carries my lip balm in my pocket wherever I go because dry lips will ruin my day. I was reading the product description for this on the LUSH website and decided it must be mine. There is no LUSH where I live, but my darling mother picked it up for me on a trip.
My first impression is that it's very hard and has a very strong scent. I don't mind that it's packaged in a tub
(although it does make it harder for me to carry around), but it's tough to get the product out because it's so solid. The scent is also very strong and definitely not sweet or honey-related, at least at first. After 20-ish minutes the smell becomes totally different and pleasant and not overwhelming like the initial scent.
My biggest beef with this lip product is I don't find it that moisturizing. My HG lip chap is Chapstick All Natural (which has been discontinued!! ) and it's significantly better at hydrating my lips. As a result, I don't use Honey Trap as much as I thought I would.
I had high hopes for this product, but it failed to deliver so I doubt I will be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by feralstrumpet

This is my favourite Lush product and it is the one item of makeup I always wear. The texture is perfect-- protective without being to waxy, moisturizing without being too greasy. It smells nice, too. I just wish it came in a stick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 11:20:00 AM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought Honey Trap when I'd run out of my favourite lip balm & couldn't find anything else to use. I'd tried a couple of Lush's balms before but wasn't overly thrilled with their performance. If I'm honest, it was the scent of Honey Trap that lured me in.
I'm glad I gave it a try, unlike Eggsnog, Lite and another I tried (I can't recall the name right now), this particular balm works well for me. It not only moisturises my lips whilst it's on, they stay that way for a while after it's worn off.
The scent is lovely. Honey, chocolate & a slight hint of mint. It may not be for everyone but I like it a lot. It makes for a great night lip balm, your lips feel very soft when you wake up the next morning.
The tin may not be the most attractive form of packaging but it's definitely functional. Unlike a Badger balm I'd previously tried, I can actually open this little tin without resorting to using sharp objects to try & prise it off. Because it's small, it's portable & manages to keep an debris that may be floating around in the bottom of my bag away from the product within.
Whilst I'm not giving up my favourite balm, I'm more than happy to buy this again to keep on my bedside table.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 7:55:00 PM More reviews by janetgrace

Excellent lip balm. I advise to use a lip scrub and apply this overnight. What I love most about this product is that it gives a cushion feel and effect. I don't mind the tin because I believe that this is an overnight treatment and really shouldn't be used over lipstick and gloss.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2010 1:57:00 AM More reviews by cocomotion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

* Moisturizing ( has olive oil )

* Smells & tastes sweet ( has honey - almond oil - vanilla - white chocolate )

* Gives a little tingle when applied ( has peppermint oil )

* Comes in a little tin which make it hard to apply & unsanitary

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2010 11:04:00 AM More reviews by SugarBabyRach

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It was great to have, but with the price I think it was disappointing. The tins lush use are cute but they always end up getting tricky to open for me, and the texture of this lip balm but me off. I will try their other balms though until I find one I fall in love with.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Nenalata

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on the second pot of this stuff. I love it sooo much! It smells and tastes yummy, and it's super moisturising. I hope it never gets discontinued, otherwise I will be sad.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Ayane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Honey Trap. Everytime I read the description on LUSH Times, I wanted it SO BAD. I once bought Lip Service and was a bit disappointed (very very hard lipbalm), so I was hesitant about this one. But ultimately I gave in. Two weeks later, I got one for Christmas, ending up with two Honey Traps I'm not pleased about! Why, you ask?

Well, first of all, the scent! Most of you seem to think the scent is a big plus. Both of my Honey Traps smell godaweful!!!!!!! No vanilla, no white chocolate, maybe a tad bit honey and LOTS of mint and grossness. It's nauseating, the type of scent you get a headache from. You know this particular scent when you're walking in an old church (with buried corpses beneath and around the church ground)...THAT scent: IT SMELLS LIKE AN EMBALMED CORPSE!!!
I gotta give it to you, the first week, the smell wasnt that horrible, but it got worse by the day. Both of my Honey Traps smell like this. Maybe a bad batch (with a LUSH labworker that fell into the Honey Trap mixture and got mashed in it?!)...
On the LUSH Times it was described like some sort of lipbalm that would make men come running to you for a kiss. Believe me, men in my life (with that I mean: my boyfriend, brother and brother in law) think this is SICKENING. Everytime I have used it, they would ask me what the hell that gross smell was! My sister hates it too.
I wished there was some kind of "smell" function on computers, then everyone would know what I'm talking about and would be convinced not to get this crap.

Also, I don't really like the packaging. It's a small tin with 10 gram of Honey Trap. I rather have a stick. I don't like tins and tubs that much, because you end up with greasy fingers (I always rub it on my cuticles, but still there will be some residue). I bought it for about 7 euro something. More expensive than your usual drugstore lipbalm. But at least it consists mostly natural ingredients. A big plus!

The product itself serves its purpose. But I have to say, not better than any Labello, Blistex or Carmex on the market. It takes a long time before the lipbalm sinks in. Yeah, it's a thick texture and kinda waxy too. Compared to Lip Service, the texture is less hard. In winter it would be almost as solid as Lip Service, but more easily melted.
After it has sunken in, my lips do feel nice. But like I just said, not softer/better compared to my Labello. I haven't noticed the plumping effect other MUA'ers are talking about. I think that's why they added the mint. Gosh, I really wished they had left it out!

Honestly, I love LUSH. But Honey Trap..never again. So far, I have been disappointed by LUSH lipbalms. I just ordered "It started with a kiss" liptint/lipbalm though. I couldn't help myself, temptation temptation.

Being on the generous side today, I give 2 out of 5 lippies.

Pro's:
+ natural ingredients
+ works ok

Cons:
- too strong mint scent (mint mixed with honey is nauseating)
- the sickening corpse undertones
- the scent
- the scent
- oh yeah, did I mention THE SCENT?!
- tin (not very convenient)
- price/quality ratio is below par (almost 8 euro for an average lipbalm that smells like a corpse..nah-uh)

9 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by jackieiscandy

The scent of this lip balm is exactly the same as "honey I washed the kids" which I addicted. It is non greasy and not heavy at all, I hate some of the lip balms that makes me feel that I've applied butter on my lips. Though it feels light, which can take good care of my lips through the driest season. A very good lip primer as well.

The price of lush's lip balms are all very nice, and one small jar can last at least three months on a constant daily use base.

Only one thing I don't like is the packaging, sometimes you just can't open it easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by taratee

Lush creaters were not thinking at ALL when they packaged this product. The lip balm is so hard to get out with your finger I just end up rubbing my lips all over the contanier.... it would be easier in a stick applicator. Next I paid $6 which is quite expensive for a lip balm usually they are around $4. But the quality of the product did impress me. It smells like baby powder which i quite like and it stays on my lips for hours and they feel more plump and full. Its one of the besy hydrating experiences my lips have ever had. Overall I think i would buy this product again if they changed the packaging