August 30, 2014 | 1024 users online

Lip Treatments - LUSH - Honey Trap Lip Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2010 9:38:00 AM More reviews by illeyad

The best lip balm lush has to offer out of their range.

PROS: (1) scent- smells like smooth honey, mint, and chocolate- however the scent is not sweet, so it won't feel like you smeared dessert all over your lips. (2) very moisturizing, not only does this lip balm act as a protective barrier over the lips,, but it deeply conditions them. (3) after an overnight treatment, my lips are soft and plump the next day. (4) a thin layer over lips guarantees perfect smooth lipstick application (works better then the lip primers I have used, and for 1/3 of the price!)

CONS: (1) packaging, I wish it came in a push up stick for quick discreet application when I am in public, I only use this at home or work with clean fingers.

I honestly think Lush should do a honey based line- especially with Manuka honey, because honey in general is packed with micro and trace nutrients that your body needs, is moisturizing and healing (plus it is the only organic matter in the world that never expires)- probably one of the best ingredients mother nature has to offer. I highly recommend this to keep on your night table or in your purse to guarantee lush-ious lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2010 4:49:00 AM More reviews by Nicola82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the second best lip balm ever. It loses first place to the Burt's Bees stick for ease of use and flavour. However, it is beautifully moisturizing.

I find it so difficult to get a lip balm that works and doesn't seem to leave lips worse off. I used to use Lip Service but find this softer and easier to use - Lush's range can be a bit too hard, especially in UK winter.

I'm not put off my flavour - as far as natural scents go I can stomach a lot for a product that works. Other's might find it too reminiscient of play-do, or honey!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by alt629

i love the smell of this one. sort of chocolatey (must be the white chocolate) and a hint of minty-ness which tingles on the lips. it's nice and creamy and soft. seems to work the best on my chapped lips than anything else i have tried. i wasn't able to pick up any more on my last lush run b/c apparently it's everyone else's favorite too.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Msdoodle68

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Hmm, not so sure about this one. It smells, lush, and goes on thickly, my lips feel ok after use, but when you use for a few weeks, it goes bumpy and grainy in the tin and when it's almost all gone, it goes really funny. I haven't ever really found a lip balm that actually works, and this is the better of the ones i've used, so i will stick with this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Warning: unless you're in the mood for a story, you are going to be bored by this long review.

I'm going to go against the grain and say that the scent and taste of this lip balm are really nice. It smells like honey, vanilla, and only a little bit of mint. It smells like... fried vanilla ice cream topped with honey and a sprig of mint. Have you ever had fried ice cream before? Or banana fritters with vanilla ice cream and honey... and then a sprig of mint on top? Wait... I was talking about the lip balm. Well, back to it!

I have always said that if I could find a product that worked as well as Smith's Rosebud Salve on my lips and also didn't contain petroleum (because it's not a renewable resource), I would buy it. Well I'm glad I bought this. Because ever since I bought this lip balm I've been using it every day, a few times a day; not because it's so ineffective that I have to keep putting in on, it's effective enough that if I skip a day my lips stay soft. I just like the smell and the feeling of rubbing my finger on the balm and then rubbing that finger on my lips, yum -- sorry, I got excited... what was I saying? Oh yeah. I was going to talk about the Body Shop. Yes, I know this is a LUSH product. Before you tar and feather me, hear me out first.

A long time ago in a country far away, I used to use the Body Shop's lip balm in Kiwi Fruit, which was moisturising but not glossy, smelled and tasted delicious, and worked really well under lipstick. I think I also owned a Strawberry flavoured lip balm. My sister had the Morello Cherry flavour. It was 1994 and the Body Shop still sold White Musk in its original formulation, which did not become metallic and horrible on my skin (because everyone has different chemistry) unlike the new reformulated version. I was saying... it was 1994 and the Body Shop still sold a massive variety of excellent quality perfume oils [raspberry, lilac, jasmine, mostly musk, rose musk, tea rose, liquid gold (no, just kidding), sandalwood... do you guys remember this (AWESOME) stuff?], and really lovely shampoos and hennas and eyeshadows the quality of which I dare say rival Stila's. I was wearing flannel shirts and Doc Marten boots. And I was also using the aforementioned lip balms. And then -- sooner than you can blink -- I was older (where did the time go?) and my lips were drier and the lip balms went away. The Body Shop replaced them with newer formulations that simply did nothing for my dry lips. What I liked about the older balms was that they contained a variety of oils and beeswax.

Fast forward to 2004. Because I was so upset at ALL my favourite products having been reformulated, I started looking for them online. This is where I learnt that Mark Constantine, a herbalist, was once contracted by the Body Shop to make awesome stuff. And also, Mr. C was the founder of LUSH. I would never have walked into the LUSH store if I didn't know that. 'Cause I'm a sour puss, I thought that LUSH was for teenagers. But I bought a lovely massage bar. Then I bought some shampoos that I didn't like. But I gave Honey Trap a chance and I dare say that it is almost as nice as the Body Shop's discontinued lip balm. It smells and tastes nice, moisturises but isn't glossy, and works excellent as a lipstick primer. This is nicer than Smith's Rosebud Salve, which was really my segue product. I just don't know what to do about the rapid expiry dates on some of LUSH's products. I hope I finish this tin before 09/10/11.

Also, I like to put Honey Trap on my honey. He's talking and talking and I'm nodding my head and rubbing balm on his lips as he keeps talking. If I stop, he says, "hey, keep doing that." He doesn't seem to like it when I put anything else on his lips because Honey Trap sinks in and doesn't feel greasy or look glossy (it's not matte exactly, it's has the look of a lip primer -- not glossy).

One more thing: LUSH's lip balms are $10AUD here. I almost said "ouch" when I handed over the cash cause I'm stingy like that.... I should also mention that I like the tin because it's small enough to carry everywhere without weighing me down.

Sometime later... I find that after a while the top layer of this balm dries out. I have to rub it off with a tissue to make it soft again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 4:55:00 AM More reviews by Supermewbs

AMAZING! I have to admit I'm a lip balm addict and have used lip balms from almost every brand under the sun. I picked this up on a whim (as I have about 5 different unopened lip balms at home) for $9.95AU which is a little pricier than other lip balms I've purchased.

The lid is a bit difficult to open as it's quite little. What I've learnt to do though is you place the pot in the palm of your hand, and then with your other hand push the pot into your palm and twist the lid open like that. It works like a charm!

The product is pretty easy to scoop out with your fingers, and when you apply it to your lips there's almost a stinging sensation which sounds a bit unpleasant but what I've noticed is that it really plumps up your lips and makes them feel so soft. This lasts for a while and overall is an amazing lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Claudineaimee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I would give this more than 5 lippies. My Lips are on the dry side and they crack and peel easily and with chapstick it gets even worse ive tried lip balms from the Body Shop ive tried Carmex, Blistex and some high end balms and i cant tolerate any of them. Im a regular Gloss and Lipstick wearer (mostly MAC) and i wear honey trap underneath or on its own. The Price is reasonable because you get 10 g of NATURAL balm in a tin. The texture is great too not to waxy, glossy or greasy stays on my lips much longer than other balms. The scent is mostly honey i can smell a little mint and subtle White Chocolate its yummy but i cant smell it once its on my Lips which is fine its mostly tasteless maybe just a lil sweet if you lick your lips. I will not stray from Lush balms and get another Honey Trap for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2010 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Mystyre

I get obsessed over products easily and am constantly lemming new things, particularly lip balms. I am the kind of person who carries my lip balm in my pocket wherever I go because dry lips will ruin my day. I was reading the product description for this on the LUSH website and decided it must be mine. There is no LUSH where I live, but my darling mother picked it up for me on a trip.
My first impression is that it's very hard and has a very strong scent. I don't mind that it's packaged in a tub
(although it does make it harder for me to carry around), but it's tough to get the product out because it's so solid. The scent is also very strong and definitely not sweet or honey-related, at least at first. After 20-ish minutes the smell becomes totally different and pleasant and not overwhelming like the initial scent.
My biggest beef with this lip product is I don't find it that moisturizing. My HG lip chap is Chapstick All Natural (which has been discontinued!! ) and it's significantly better at hydrating my lips. As a result, I don't use Honey Trap as much as I thought I would.
I had high hopes for this product, but it failed to deliver so I doubt I will be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by feralstrumpet

This is my favourite Lush product and it is the one item of makeup I always wear. The texture is perfect-- protective without being to waxy, moisturizing without being too greasy. It smells nice, too. I just wish it came in a stick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 11:20:00 AM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought Honey Trap when I'd run out of my favourite lip balm & couldn't find anything else to use. I'd tried a couple of Lush's balms before but wasn't overly thrilled with their performance. If I'm honest, it was the scent of Honey Trap that lured me in.
I'm glad I gave it a try, unlike Eggsnog, Lite and another I tried (I can't recall the name right now), this particular balm works well for me. It not only moisturises my lips whilst it's on, they stay that way for a while after it's worn off.
The scent is lovely. Honey, chocolate & a slight hint of mint. It may not be for everyone but I like it a lot. It makes for a great night lip balm, your lips feel very soft when you wake up the next morning.
The tin may not be the most attractive form of packaging but it's definitely functional. Unlike a Badger balm I'd previously tried, I can actually open this little tin without resorting to using sharp objects to try & prise it off. Because it's small, it's portable & manages to keep an debris that may be floating around in the bottom of my bag away from the product within.
Whilst I'm not giving up my favourite balm, I'm more than happy to buy this again to keep on my bedside table.