Lancome Hypnose Waterproof

3.7

on 9/14/2008 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I HATE this mascara!!! I have been using Définicils mascara for 2+ years. A friend of mine recomended Hypnộse and I was excited to try since I thought it would be another great Lancome product-boy was I wrong! This waterproof mascara was too heavy for my eyelashes. It made them feel stretch (i know that sounds weird but idk how else to describe it). By the third day I noticed eyelashes falling off two or three at a time!!!!! I returned the product immediately and the girl at the counter told me that the product is so potent that you HAVE to make sure it is completely off otherwise eyelashes could fall off. If you do decide to use this product you will have to use a strong eye-make-up remover. I do not recommend this and would not buy it again. In fact, I wouldn't use it if someone gave it to me for free!

on 8/29/2008 1:53:00 PM

This stuff is good. Holds curl. Good volume. Doesn't flake. Lasts all day. No racoon eyes. I just wish it had a bit more volume. Not as black as Inimitable WP, but gives better volume.

EDIT: I went through a few tubes of this stuff and decided I won't repurchase anymore. It dries out within a couple of weeks. No, I do not pump the tube. And I guess I just can't get over the fact that it is not as black as I would like.

on 5/30/2008 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

BEST
MASCARA
EVERRRRRRRR!!
i think its really good at lengthening, holds the curl really well after curling with eyelash curler, i havent tried the non waterproofone so i cant compare, but this doesnt smudge at all and is easy to remove with makeup remover.
loves it.

on 5/25/2008 8:53:00 AM

I tried this on a cruise since the makeup was discounted onboard, and wanted a treat. It works fine - lengthens, and thickens nicely, but the price is not worth it -- costs over $20, and l'oreal voluminous waterproof is almost as good at only $7... like the brush, and would probably buy it again if I was feeling extravagant

Lancome's waterproof version of their mascaras are always longer lasting. for example, the waterproof Hypnose doesn't flake off easily and does not uncurl my eyelashes. The down side I found to their waterproof formula is the dryness! Because of that, they definitely dont last past 3 months. Although this one gives volume, it does not lengthen (Definicils is better for that).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This works wonders. It is HIGHLY thickening, and lengthening.
It is the ONLY mascara I have ever had that does not uncurl my lashes after I have curled them. They stay sky high, to the point where my Mom and sister said they look fabulous, and were they fake? WOW!
It is pricy. Ya. $25 (or similar) for a mascara?!?!? Kinda makes me want to cry.
And one fall back. I get the waterproof because of my oily skin, and this mascara, after half the day, does get a tad bit smudgie on my top lids. If it didn't do this, I would call it the perfect mascara.
Guess I am still on the hunt for my HG Mascara.

UPDATE: The tube drys out SO fast. There was still plenty left in there, but it got hard as a rock in just a few weeks. This happened on two tubes. I stopped purchasing after that discovery.

My boyfriend of 2 years broke up with me just 2 weeks ago (without an explanation until 5 days later and even then it was via email) and this mascara has become my HG in that time! It survived a bucket of tears and my long lashes still looked glam! So on the upside, although I was upset, I still looked fabulous! Woo hoo! Roll on going on holiday and wearing this mascara by the pool and in the pool! :)

on 4/21/2008 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

BEST MASCARA EVER!!! i can cry, swim, whatever and it will never come off!!!! and it keeps my lashes in place, long and curled.

on 4/19/2008 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily skin, I apply my make up at approximate 8am in the morning, I first make sure my eye area is powdered first before I apply my mascara. by 11am my face is oily and I notice a little bit of smudging under the eye area, even though at 12am I use the oil blotting paper, by 2:30pm in the day the mascara I have to check my under eye area constantly and this mascara sumdges and because it's waterproof, its very hard to rub off the undereye area, and as it sticks to the skin and you are constantly trying to rub it off, I feel it damages your under eye area of the skin. So all in all I do not like this product.

on 4/15/2008 2:49:00 AM

so i'm asian and my eyelashes are short and not full at all, this mascara is the best one that extends my lashes while making them look full. awesome product way better than my other mac, clinique, and estee lauder mascaras.

Top Rated Lancome Products