October 24, 2014 | 1437 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by MsVengeance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awesome! The price has crept up but it's still cheap, even for a drugstore cleanser (i think it was around $6 the last time i bought it and that was at a grocrey store--the worst possible place to buy it). I prefer to use a gel cleanser in the am now that it's summer (super oily now) but I wear a crapload of makeup and sunscreen every day and I find that this cleanser is not only good at removing it it all, but it doesn't strip my skin or irritate it at all! It's always reassuring to see how the cotton ball stays relatively clean after i swipe my face with toner every night (always some annoying little flecks of my w/p mascara). You just have to make sure you wet your face and hands first, because you have to lather it in your hands before lathering up your face, etc.

Also, if you wear waterproof eye makeup, you might wanna remove that first--really, I only make a token effot and just rub in some EVOO or saturate with some remover and then get the rest off w/this when I wash my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Memmert

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on my third bottle of this cleanser and I absolutely love it. I always buy it in the blue bottle and with the pump. I have more uneven skin tone issues and everytime I use this cleanser, I feel like my skin looks a little smoother and more even toned when I dry my face. I like to lather it up pretty nice and it does a nice job in taking off make up at the end of the day. I like that it doesn't have a smell, although I accidently bought the "normal" version and eventually got used to it, but prefer the sensitive skin formula. It also leaves my skin soft and never feels tight/dry aftewards. My pores looks okay as well after, so all and all, this product is excellent and the price of course is fantastic!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by teller5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After my skin went on a hormonal freak out last summer I decided to give this a try. I was very impressed as it did cause my skin to break out and I did not have to use a separate product to remove any residual makeup.(I had used cetaphil for years, but my skin never really felt "clean".
You really have to make sure your hands and face are wet to work up a good lather but it's worth a bit of effort.
For some reason it comes in either a tube or pump (which can be messy). I prefer the tube as it is have a snap closure making it more portable

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by texasbeautyaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The product was okay, and if I am out of my current face wash I will use this as an alternative. It can be a little drying (I have combo-oily skin), so it was welcomed. I had white heads and this did nothing to prevent or treat them. It is a basic cleanser, but I did not care for it as I feel it did not leave my skin looking better (ironically enough, for sensitive face wash, it would leave it red). I had more frequent break outs using this (as opposed to the one pimple I usually get...maybe 3 or 4), and I seemed to have more blackheads as well. Removes foundation, concealer and bronzer well, but as a cleanser, I was not 'wowed' by the product, and am not looking to settle for average when it comes to my skin care.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by nessavamp

I've been using this for a few years now. This is perfect for removing dirt/oil/makeup and never used to leave my skin feeling too dried out. However, as of a couple of months ago, it's been leaving my combination facial skin very tight and dry. It might just be something my skin is going through, or maybe the product isn't working right on me anymore. Regardless I'll still continue to use it unless my current situation changes for the worse.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Benzgirl79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For reference: I used this cleanser for about 6 months before I discontinued use.

I switched to this when my skin freaked out about 1.5 years ago and became insanely rashy, splotchy and sensitive. Prior to that, I had combination-dry skin and used Purpose cleanser for years with no issues. Since then, finding a cleanser that removes foundation, doesn't dry me out or cause irritation has been a serious challenge. This was the first cleanser I switched to once I realized my carefree skin care days were over...

This cleanser has a runny consistency, mild scent, enough lather to work with and enough power to remove foundation with a little elbowgrease (+ washcloth). However, it didn't minimize redness and didn't give me a clean feel as I had continually had clogged pores on my nose, chin, and some strange white bumps on my forehead that went away as soon as I stopped using it. On a positive note, it didn't burn my face off either and did manage to keep my skin calmer than the Purpose cleanser.

However, I'd only purchase this again if I were on vacation, etc. and forgot/ran out of my current HG cleanser (Estee Lauder Verite) and needed something in a pinch to get me through ...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by historismus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This cleanser is a new bathroom counter staple. It doesn't provide any extra benefits like acne treatment (nor does it claim to) but it is perfect for removing makeup/dirt/oil before or after exfoliating, et cetera. I have had no problems with irritation. It is utterly non-drying, so I don't have to worry about including an extra cleansing step in my skincare routine or using it a few times a day if I have to.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 7:54:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after reading all the positive reviews but I wasnt impressed. It takes off my tinted sunscreen and powder fine, and didnt leave my skin red, but it felt very tight afterwards and left a film. I have combo skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2012 7:30:00 AM More reviews by ShineeBee

this isn't meant for those with sensitive yet oily skin. It didn't clean very well. I didn't use heavy makeup. The only thing I use is a tinted sunscreen. But it couldn't even remove that very well. Been using it a couple of days and already my whole face is covered with clogged bumps.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by CHELLEMI

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The best and only face wash I will ever use. I have this one in the 7 oz. blue tube packaging, which is easy to use (all of it) and it lasts for a very long time, about 4-6 or more months depending on how much you use. I use it twice a day, in the morning and night.
It's light and doesn't irritate my eczema-sensitive skin, and it also manages to clean off all my makeup. I feel nice and fresh after using it, and there is no film and fragrance. I haven't had acne in years, so I can't say whether this keeps them at bay or what. It does its job as an amazing daily face wash, and the price can't be beat.