November 24, 2014 | 1322 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - DiorShow Mascara Waterproof

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by ET3638

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

So.... I heard a bunch of great reviews about this mascara but never really read any on MUA. It's too bad I didn't though, would have saved me 30 CAD.

This mascara is wonderful because it lengthens your lashes, as well as volumizing like no other. Makes my lashes feel soft and not stiff like other mascaras. On top of that, it holds a curl for hours and hours on end, until I decide to take it off in the evening. HOWEVER, because my lids get super oily, it smudges on the bottom lash area ALL DAY long, no matter how many times I use kleenex to wipe up the smudge, it returns hours later. It is extremely annoying to have to sit there an make sure I don't look like a freak with smudged mascara on my lower lashes. I also find that when I tear because I've yawned once too many times, and I dab my eyes with a kleenex, mascara is actually being transfered from my lashes, to the kleenex. I thought it was supposed to be waterproof? I guess my lids are just too oddly oily that it breaks down the mascara? Not too sure... But I didn't return this product in time, so now I'm stuck with the fact that I paid 30 CAD for this mascara that's just going to sit in my makeup drawer until winter time hits (maybe my oily skin will calm down by then, and it won't smudge like it is in the summer heat). I'll try it again in October. But as of right now, 3 lippes! And the search for HG mascara continues....!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So it would have been more productive for me to throw my $$ on the street. Sure, my eyelashes looked awesome when I applied (that's why I keep trying new versions of DiorShow - I LOVE the way it makes my lashes look). But even sitting inside in air conditioning made this mascara smudge. It's supposed to be waterproof! I wasn't crying, suffering from allergy eyes or sweating. But my crazy oily lids defeated DiorShow easily. Why do I even stray from L'Oreal's waterproof formulas??? If smudging is not an issue (and you know who you are) this might work for you. Otherwise save your money.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2010 11:54:00 AM More reviews by DeeVine1217

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the look this mascara gives me. It lengthens, plumps, and holds curls really well. It almost looks like my lashes are false when I have this on. I like the brush, although it is really big, but I think it contributes to creating that false lash fanned effect.
The only downside to this, which is why I took 1 lippie off and probably won't purchase the waterproof formula again is that it is SO hard to take off. Even with an oil based remover this stuff sticks and I feel like I'm pulling my lashes out!
I would most definitely get the regular version, and keep this one for whenever I go to the pool or beach.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by evilmonkee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The best mascara I've ever used. It doesn't clump, it doesn't smudge, and it's very buildable- you can go either with a light coat for a natural look, or build it up for a more dramatic look.
I have really sensitive eyes, and waterproof mascaras tend to irritate my eyes, but I haven't had any problems with DiorShow. I have repurchased many times, and will definitely buy again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by kjmsmm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

In my experience most waterproof mascaras are very clumpy! Not this one! This one applies just like the non-waterproof formula. I LOVE Diorshow!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 9:04:00 PM More reviews by anapaulavh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I just love this mascara!! the only thing i don't like is the super big brush, that makes it a little bit hard to use.. =/

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by FlyingToaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow! I love this mascara. I understand the complaints with the large brush, as that could be tricky for some people; however I have no problems with it, for several reasons. One, I have used L'Oreal Voluminous for years and that brush is fairly large too. I like larger brushes. Two, I don't need to get at my lashes right at the base because they are already quite dark, so I am not going to stab myself shoving it nearer to my eye to get a half a millimeter of lash.

If you have very short, pale lashes that aren't curly you might want to skip this, as the brush would probably give you too much trouble.

I like the formula, and the packaging! The tube 'clicks' shut -- it's a very reassuring feel. Also, this gives me "doll eyes" - long, thick, luxurious black lashes up to my eyebrows. However, my lashes are dark, long, and have some natural volume. This gives me SO much more impact though -- LOVE!!

No comment on curling properties -- my lashes are naturally curly.

If you go over your bottom lashes lightly and comb them out, it's fine to use for your lower lashes.

NB: Comb it out if you're putting on a lot, because this, like all mascaras, will eventually clump. Don't wiggle it, just sweep it right through. Also, don't wipe the brush off with tissue, use the tube to do that so you aren't wasting a ton of the product. It doesn't look bad or cakey or clumpy if you don't wipe it off with a tissue (trust).

Fairly expensive, but worth it. HG mascara! Packaging feels luxe and looks lovely, love the 'click.'

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2010 3:20:00 AM More reviews by pandaeyes66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great mascara but it is very overpriced. It gives a dramatic and defined look which is amazing, but i feel other mascaras give a similar look without being as expensive (Maybelline full'n'soft, Model Co Fat Lash).

I don't think it is necessary to spend as much to get a great mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by bellawoozel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

After trying countless mascaras I think this is finally my HG and I don't plan on switching anytime soon! I have extremely short and straight lashes that won't stay curled after one coat of mascara. Even if I use my Shiseido curler first. Using this mascara after my curler keeps my lashes curled and long the entire day! I don't know what the reviews are talking about when they say it clumps and flakes and dries out their lashes. I'm sure it would if you put about 50 coats on! Two coats on my lashes and they are separated, curled and fabulously long. They also feel soft and flexible to the touch, not hard and crunchy. The brush is probably one of the best I've ever experienced using. When I use this mascara I feel like it's worth every penny. Not to mention the packaging is beautiful, so that's a plus! I also have extremely sensitive eyes that most mascaras irritate and I've had no issues with this. I highly recommend this to anyone with stick straight lashes that fall under the weight of mascara even after using a curler!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2010 5:18:00 AM More reviews by kimdao90

I do love this mascara, but it was very expensive. I purchased this for $52AUD when I really wanted to buy a mascara that will do something about my short lashes. I love how this mascara looks when I put it on, but it dries very slowly. I often get smudges on the top of my eyelid because the mascara takes a while to dry. Other than that I love how this mascara looks on me, it makes me look like I'm wearing false lashes. I remove this mascara using an oil based makeup remover and it works just fine.