Dior DiorShow Mascara Waterproof

3.3

on 10/16/2010 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is the best mascara I've ever tried. I have super short and sparse lashes, and this mascara lengthens, thickens, and just does everything a mascara's supposed to do. It does smudge, but not unreasonably so. I would recommend this over the non-waterproof version, since that one smugdes way too much.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE THIS! I'm really surprised by the reviews actually... I have short thin lashes and this stuff is just absolutely amazing, adds length and volume without clumping, a little goes a long way and it really does last all day. I wouldn't say it's literally waterproof, but it does take a lot to smudge it. i'll def buy this again, it's my HG :)

on 10/3/2010 2:10:00 AM

Yes the color is great and yes the volume is amazing, but it smudges and runs, making the other benefits pointless.

on 9/4/2010 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have very short lashes that grow straight and outwards. This mascara curls (even if I don't have my eyelash curler handy) and leaves you with the blackest black that you'll ever get. My lashes look so long whenever I have Diorshow on :)

on 8/8/2010 12:39:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

So.... I heard a bunch of great reviews about this mascara but never really read any on MUA. It's too bad I didn't though, would have saved me 30 CAD.

This mascara is wonderful because it lengthens your lashes, as well as volumizing like no other. Makes my lashes feel soft and not stiff like other mascaras. On top of that, it holds a curl for hours and hours on end, until I decide to take it off in the evening. HOWEVER, because my lids get super oily, it smudges on the bottom lash area ALL DAY long, no matter how many times I use kleenex to wipe up the smudge, it returns hours later. It is extremely annoying to have to sit there an make sure I don't look like a freak with smudged mascara on my lower lashes. I also find that when I tear because I've yawned once too many times, and I dab my eyes with a kleenex, mascara is actually being transfered from my lashes, to the kleenex. I thought it was supposed to be waterproof? I guess my lids are just too oddly oily that it breaks down the mascara? Not too sure... But I didn't return this product in time, so now I'm stuck with the fact that I paid 30 CAD for this mascara that's just going to sit in my makeup drawer until winter time hits (maybe my oily skin will calm down by then, and it won't smudge like it is in the summer heat). I'll try it again in October. But as of right now, 3 lippes! And the search for HG mascara continues....!

on 8/6/2010 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

So it would have been more productive for me to throw my $$ on the street. Sure, my eyelashes looked awesome when I applied (that's why I keep trying new versions of DiorShow - I LOVE the way it makes my lashes look). But even sitting inside in air conditioning made this mascara smudge. It's supposed to be waterproof! I wasn't crying, suffering from allergy eyes or sweating. But my crazy oily lids defeated DiorShow easily. Why do I even stray from L'Oreal's waterproof formulas??? If smudging is not an issue (and you know who you are) this might work for you. Otherwise save your money.

on 7/26/2010 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love the look this mascara gives me. It lengthens, plumps, and holds curls really well. It almost looks like my lashes are false when I have this on. I like the brush, although it is really big, but I think it contributes to creating that false lash fanned effect.
The only downside to this, which is why I took 1 lippie off and probably won't purchase the waterproof formula again is that it is SO hard to take off. Even with an oil based remover this stuff sticks and I feel like I'm pulling my lashes out!
I would most definitely get the regular version, and keep this one for whenever I go to the pool or beach.

on 7/25/2010 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The best mascara I've ever used. It doesn't clump, it doesn't smudge, and it's very buildable- you can go either with a light coat for a natural look, or build it up for a more dramatic look.
I have really sensitive eyes, and waterproof mascaras tend to irritate my eyes, but I haven't had any problems with DiorShow. I have repurchased many times, and will definitely buy again when I run out.

on 7/13/2010 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

In my experience most waterproof mascaras are very clumpy! Not this one! This one applies just like the non-waterproof formula. I LOVE Diorshow!

on 7/13/2010 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I just love this mascara!! the only thing i don't like is the super big brush, that makes it a little bit hard to use.. =/