October 2, 2014 | 1572 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Vex

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by hodgam8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love Vex as a highlight color, and after reading these reviews it seems I need to try it as an all-over lid color as well. Its great with plum colors and its just such a versatile color.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2009 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Julia2007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This shade is unique. The MAC website describes it as beige w/pink-green pearl (Frost). I'm not really sure where the beige part comes from as it doesn't look beige at all on me. I would say it's more of a pale silvery greenish-grey that very sublty flashes hints of pink, yellow, and green at certain angles. It's a great color because it's sublte but still manages to make a statement. I discovered that if I apply too much of this the grey and green tones are intensified and I look ill. So I brush on just a bit and it looks very pretty and glowy. I think it is one of those shadows that has to be paired with at least one more shadow, otherwise yet again I will look ill. I usually use Satin Taupe on the crease and outer v with Blacktrack fluidliner and it looks pretty. Less is more with this shadow, at least for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Bexxa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This may be the only eye shadow I have ever managed to use up and re-purchase. The color is very subtle but layers well, either with its own layering or putting something else over it. There's a slight sheen that enhances the eye if Vex is the only color you use. It definitely gives a polished look to the eye without being overdone.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2009 7:53:00 AM More reviews by nuls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After puchasing online I had this eyeshadow for ages but never used it. I thought it was boring and that i had other colours that would be much nicer. However following the great reviews i read here i gave it a try. I just used it as an all over lid colour with soft brown blended in the crease... and i love it! I wear this to work nearly everyday as it isnt too in your face but still looks pretty and that youve made an effort. I plan to experiment more with this colour as i am now very pleasently surprised that a colour that lay untouched in my drawer for over a year is now my must have :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2009 3:44:00 PM More reviews by anniecolmes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

love this color! i saw a review of it on youtube and thought it sounded so interesting so i gave it a try and i love it!!!!! its basically like...i cant even describe kinda greyish greenish lavenderishhhh but just goodness all wrapped up into an eyeshadow. i like to wear it just all over the lid for a work day or smoke it out for night time LOOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 12:03:00 AM More reviews by 3110hello

Take a chance on this shadow if you think it a little outrageous and wonder how you will use it ... it turns out to be a beautiful color on the lids and very versatile in its potential application uses. I have dozens of MAC shadows and this is the one I have hit pan on and repurchased! Very original and so worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this eyeshadow seriously has a trio-chrome (it's a grey-greenish with pinkish, silver and goldish shimmer... all managing to be very subtle!)
I absolutely love this on the lid and then putting a cool dark blue in the crease.
it's such a fun, versatile and unique shadow. im so glad i get to play with it now :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

First things first: I am addicted to MAC eye shadows. That said, I would never have bought this color in particular (despite all of the hype around it) if the MA at my MAC counter had not *really* encouraged me to try it. The color is not what I would consider even remotely pretty in the pan. It appears to be a very light, duo-chrome seafoam green, and I am not a fan of green shadows as a rule, much less most pastels. But I bought the shadow anyway, figuring that I could return it if needed.

(Now this is the part when I eat my words).

This morning I used Vex as a base up to my brow bone, applied some Tone:Grey (from the Tone:Grey quad) on top of my lid up to the crease, and then blended some teal Talent Pool (ahhhh..Starflash) into the crease. Finally, I traced a light line of Phone Number (dark gray) eye kohl under my lower lashes, smudging it a little bit. In my humble opinion, it looked wonderful. I can see Vex working as a base for many different shadows, mostly in the cooler tones. It's wonderfully blendable, and is chameleon-like in its coloring and reflective qualities. A true must-have for any eyeshadow fan (MAC addict or not).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2009 6:31:00 PM More reviews by sugaryandspicy

I'm already on my second eyeshadow. Vex is by far my favorite MAC color. Whenever I'm wearing this, even by itself, I get compliments. That is rare for eyeshadows... Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by miriamb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice color. It is one of my first MAC shadows. It is very polyvalent and gives a nice "frosty" finish.