Redken Color Extend Shampoo

3.1

Sodium laureth sulfate

I dye my oily hair darker than it's natural brunette shade and I have for years. I usually use a demi-permanent dye from a paul mitchell salon and I really believe this stuff helps to keep the color longer. And this stuff is super concentrated so you don't use nearly the same amount you would with another brand. I've purchased this product over and over. I tried other things but I usually come back to this. I don't use the conditioner but I do use the Color Extend Total Recharge as a spray-in conditioner after and it makes my hair super super soft. This product is super. :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I have dyed my hair from blond to chestnut-brown with semi-permanenet dye, and figured that because red pigments tend to dissapear quickly it would be goot to use a shampoo for colour-treated hair. It does help to keep the colour intact, but I wish it was more moisturizing. My hair is very dry and coarse, and it's not enough. The scent is very nice, and I love the fire-engine red on the packagae. The schampoo lathers well, and is easily applied, and my hair is easy to comb afterwards, but it's not rich enough. Maybe for normal hair it would be great!

I used this shampoo for 3 weeks and have found it quite drying. My hair is looking dull as wellMy hair is fine, but lots of it and is dry. I had my hair coloured brunette from blonde , colour seems ok but would not repurchase.

update: I noticed while using this I was losing a lot more hair than usual. Since changing shampoos to Pureology hair loss is alot less.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Have been using this product for years in combination with the conditioner and have tried switching to other more expensive, natural, etc brands with no luck.

I have dry medium hair and the shampoo does moisturize if you use with the conditioner. It also preserves color. I found this out (color part) when I switched just recently...never again. I have since bought the gigantic sized bottle!

I really like this! I was looking for a shampoo for color treated hair that moisturizes but doesn't weigh it down and this is perfect. Other Redken shampoos all weigh my hair down (especially the All Soft line). I really like this one and will be trying the matching conditioner next.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

I buy large bottle in salons - never drugstore, I000 ml. It is best shampoo I ever used. I never do blow-out, so this shampoo + same conditioner make my hair look gorgeous.

It is an ok product. It cleans your hair, doesn't strip the color, doesn't weigh it down. However, not very moisturizing, doesn't add much shine, and I noticed some build up. I actually like Redken products, but everything I have tried from the color extend line was a bust.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have only used this twice. So, I can't say about how good this is at preventing color from fading. I can say that my hair is really limp. I have super fine, thick, straight hair and it's just so limp right now. Also, I can normally go at least 2 days between washes before my hair looks like it needs to be washed, but less than15 hours later my bangs look oily.

Maybe this would be better for someone with curly or course hair.

I absoloutly love this shampoo. I discovered it once I started attending beauty school and have never gone back to anything else. My hair is colored fire-engine red and this product makes the color last sooo long! I always get compliments on how my color always looks fresh. When they added cranberry oil to the ingredients a few months ago, it worked even better! The matching conditioner is amazing as well-- it makes my hair very soft but not oily, which is amazing because my hair naturally tends to be oily in the first place. Another thing I like about this line is that since it's pretty concentrated, you only need a small amount, which means if you use the correct amount, it will last you quite a while.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I thought it was just me who was experiencing an extremely itchy scalp after using this for a few weeks, but I see other reviewers are feeling the same thing. This bottle was a rip off, too. I have very long (mid back), wavy brown hair with some highlights and it's done nothing for my color. The UV filter? That is a sham. Take a look at the ingredients!! No wonder my skin is dying! It's FULL of harsh chemicals. Don't know why I didn't look at that before buying it - I guess I was disillusioned in thinking expensive shampoos are better. My hair looks worse than before and is dry. Please don't buy this. I am now searching for a natural shampoo and I'll pray it undoes the damage.