April 19, 2014 | 1115 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Color Extend Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2009 1:09:00 AM More reviews by nell_daisy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It is an ok product. It cleans your hair, doesn't strip the color, doesn't weigh it down. However, not very moisturizing, doesn't add much shine, and I noticed some build up. I actually like Redken products, but everything I have tried from the color extend line was a bust.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by LittleBear23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have only used this twice. So, I can't say about how good this is at preventing color from fading. I can say that my hair is really limp. I have super fine, thick, straight hair and it's just so limp right now. Also, I can normally go at least 2 days between washes before my hair looks like it needs to be washed, but less than15 hours later my bangs look oily.

Maybe this would be better for someone with curly or course hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2009 2:11:00 AM More reviews by shootxyourxgun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absoloutly love this shampoo. I discovered it once I started attending beauty school and have never gone back to anything else. My hair is colored fire-engine red and this product makes the color last sooo long! I always get compliments on how my color always looks fresh. When they added cranberry oil to the ingredients a few months ago, it worked even better! The matching conditioner is amazing as well-- it makes my hair very soft but not oily, which is amazing because my hair naturally tends to be oily in the first place. Another thing I like about this line is that since it's pretty concentrated, you only need a small amount, which means if you use the correct amount, it will last you quite a while.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2009 3:25:00 PM More reviews by beachbum325

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I thought it was just me who was experiencing an extremely itchy scalp after using this for a few weeks, but I see other reviewers are feeling the same thing. This bottle was a rip off, too. I have very long (mid back), wavy brown hair with some highlights and it's done nothing for my color. The UV filter? That is a sham. Take a look at the ingredients!! No wonder my skin is dying! It's FULL of harsh chemicals. Don't know why I didn't look at that before buying it - I guess I was disillusioned in thinking expensive shampoos are better. My hair looks worse than before and is dry. Please don't buy this. I am now searching for a natural shampoo and I'll pray it undoes the damage.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2009 6:30:00 PM More reviews by xoxo241

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo works really well for colored hair. I dye my hair really dark and this kept the color vibrate longer. It has a yummy flowery sweet smell that isn't overpowering and I can't smell it on my hair when its dried. I didn't give 5 stars due to sulfates being in the ingredients, which are known to strip color. The price was too high but you since you are buying a salon brand, expect to pay higher than normal shampoos.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 3:21:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good, color-safe choice for my color treated hair. So far after over a month of usage, not much buildup - which is nice. It also does not strip my slightly dry hair. Redken makes great products and this is no exception. Bought another bottle in 2012. Still really liking it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2009 3:10:00 AM More reviews by iheartalize

Definitely helps to extend color!! Other shampoos and conditioners have ingredients that actually strips the color out of the hair and is way more harsh. The smell is okay.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2009 7:11:00 PM More reviews by wouldyoubelieve

oh I wish I checked the reviews before buying this! Stupid me. I remembered the blonde glam shamp and cond duo to be quite good for my hair....I think that the last time I got a oh your hair looks so healthy compliment was when I used that! Anyway, I thought this would be just as good for my hair.. maybe better even.... but no. After 1 wash my hair was left dry.. I thought that it might just be the way my hair was at that time cos I had been blowdrying it a bit which I don't usually do but with everywash it never got any softer or smoother :-( def not healthy looking. I don't want to waste it cos it's not the cheapest shampoo and conditioner out there but it's like it's sucking th moisture out of my hair slowly. It does an ok job if I use it after treating my hair with coconut oil but I mean I'm not guna do that for every shower!
Learnt my lesson. makeup alley 1st. buy 2nd!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by barrieb3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've never had great hair, but at least it is healthy looking. While using this product, I noticed my hair no longer looked healthy, in fact, it began to look dull and became difficult to style. As another reviewer mentioned, my hair never looked or felt clean after using it either.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

I received a sample of the shampoo. It irritated my scalp and made it itch. My hair felt very dry.