October 26, 2014 | 1659 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Club

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by hekatemoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this eyeshadow, but the dou-chrome in it isn't very strong. I've found that it shows up the best in situations with restricted or hard lighting. I went to a place that had low light, and the eyeshadow showed both tones, apposed to places with good lighting. Perhaps this is why it's called club.
It looks best over green or black bases.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Mandibulo

This is the color to go for if you're just starting out with makeup, or if you're in a rush but still want to look great for a night out. It's a brown/green duochrome eyeshadow with a lovely sheen to it. As the "duochrome" specification implies, it works as two colors: Metallic green and brown, so not only does it save you time, it also saves you the money and effort of purchasing and applying two different eyeshadows for one single look. Absolutely perfect for that oh so popular Kristen Stewart red carpet look (google it, and "Club" is all you'll see). I think it compliments every eye color (the warm brown tones bring out blue/green eyes and the silvery green tones help brown eyes stand out a bit more) and pretty much every skin tone, especially from the tanner side onwards (meaning tan to medim to dark rather than pale). The only downside to this and the reason I don't own it anymore and won't repurchase it, is the warmth of the brown tones is in fact too warm and orangey when blended out towards my crease, thus making my eyes appear tired and like I've just gotten hay fever. The green bit of the eyeshadow which sticks to my lid does help counteract the effect, but if a product doesn't look 100% good on me then I find no point in keeping it. If you're dead-set on adding more colors to the look, I'd recommend pairing it only with neutrals if anything, because it's already quite a strong double color and it would look horrifid with too much going on, such as golds or silvers or -god forbid- purples and blues.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 10:53:00 AM More reviews by BeeGee35

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i LOVE club. its so versatile. i can pair it with Vex or any other color. its a duo chrome color. when i don't have time or my 2 year old won't allow the time to apply makeup, i reach for this. once blended out, it looks different from when just packed on the lid. so it gives the look of 2 colors when i've only used one.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2010 1:52:00 PM More reviews by redchinamarker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first bought this, I loved it. Obviously as others have said it's an amazing and unique color. But it's also the most instantly recognizable color on the planet IMO, so it is really not a unique LOOK. However when applied in small doses (as opposed to all over) it's still a really clever color. Nice applied wet as eyeliner too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this color. Can be worn all over the lid when used wet or I like wearing it in the crease with All That Glitters or Woodwinked. It makes my green eyes look nice.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by livvlovesglitter12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was extremely excited to buy this product as I had been eyeing it for awhile. It looks BEAUTIFUL in the pan but I was disappointed when I first applied it in my crease.
1. It's almost impossible to get the green shimmer to show, no matter what base you use or how much you pack it on.
2. It appears to be a light brown-red when you apply it.
3. It's not creamy, and is tough to blend.
Great if you're a collector, but if you're a neutral fanatic (like me) looking for a smoky green, don't waste your money. I'd try Greensmoke by MAC. The color payoff is awful, and I have no idea what I can use it for.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2010 8:18:00 AM More reviews by jimmychoordam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Club is grrreat! This really is an eyeshadow which is versatile. I have dark brown/black eyes and this shadow softens the eye colour. In the sense it really brings out the brown colour of the eye. I have worn this on its own, patted it on with my 239 brush and blend in the crease and outer V with my 217 brush, this turned the green into brown, it's brilliant. Also if you like you can first put on a black base, like Blackground paintpot then pat Club on to bring out the colour even more. Either way it's not OTT but subtle and made up. Have a go and you will not be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by kimchichick

I have so much fun whenever I use Club.
I love how it changes color from green to reddish brown.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by tittillate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is definitely one of my favorite shadows. it's sort of a unique color, reminds me of mermaids and those shells on the beach. it's described as a brown with green and red reflects. i didn't think i'd like this as much as as i do because it seems to be cool toned and i'm more into warm bronzey browns. the pigmentation is great and very smooth. i like to use it in my crease heavily and then blended out upwards using the remains. the light fade that it gives is a very nice warm shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2010 6:56:00 PM More reviews by xxmaddie17xx

I love the colour. It also reminds me of their green / blue pigment. I wet my brush before applying the eye shadow for a more sleek look. Love it.