MAC Satin - Club

4.4

on 12/22/2010 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Though it looks very green in the pan, it looks more brown on (the first time I swatched it I was shocked -- I'd always expected it to be dark green). However the subtle green shimmer it gives on its own (without a dark base) is very pretty and makes a neutral eye a little less boring. You can also bring out the green more by pairing it with other greens, or tone it down by using it with more bronze-y/brown colors. I'm surprised it took me this long to get it -- it is one the most flattering shades I've ever used.

on 12/18/2010 12:07:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I think, if you were only to buy one mac eyeshadow, it would have to be club. The colour is amazing- if you apply it over a blue eyeshadow, it has blue tones, over green and you get beautiful green tones and any brown or bronze tone really looks amazing. You can pair it with anything and it will look amazing, I spose it's not that great on its own, but when you pair it with another colour it is beautiful! I have never seen another eyeshadow like it - ever! I think it is definitely worth the price and would actually pay more than 11 for it! The picture on the website does it no justice! In the flesh it looks like a peacock! I can imagine that it suits almost every skintone because of the sheer number of colour combinations that you can get from it! Club is the best eyeshadow I have ever used- and I don't say that lightly! I think every person that loves makeup needs this added to their collection!

on 11/29/2010 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've had this shade for ages, but only recently started using it with any regularity. I rediscovered it in a roundabout way by experimenting with the shadow Burmese Beauty from the quad of the same name. It made me remember Club and I decided to try it out again. The two shades are quite similar, but Club is a satin shade whereas Burmese Beauty is lustre (it is almost the same but has little silver flecks in it). It is also a bit similar to Blue Brown pigment, but less irridescent and a bit darker/denser. I have very light skin (NW20ish) and hazel/brown eyes. I found that this shade works well with my colouring as an all-over lid colour, blended out with Wedge and/or Brule at the edges during the day. I like that I can layer it to show more or less of the green, making it a great shadow for pretty much any situation. It does need to be pointed out, however, that the brown that underlays the shade is quite a reddish shade (though darker than the undertone to Blue Brown pigment), so if you are someone who has trouble with red tones you may want to be careful with this shadow. Overall it's one that I really love when I'm getting bored with the same old neutral looks.

on 11/4/2010 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this eyeshadow, but the dou-chrome in it isn't very strong. I've found that it shows up the best in situations with restricted or hard lighting. I went to a place that had low light, and the eyeshadow showed both tones, apposed to places with good lighting. Perhaps this is why it's called club.
It looks best over green or black bases.

on 10/30/2010 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the color to go for if you're just starting out with makeup, or if you're in a rush but still want to look great for a night out. It's a brown/green duochrome eyeshadow with a lovely sheen to it. As the "duochrome" specification implies, it works as two colors: Metallic green and brown, so not only does it save you time, it also saves you the money and effort of purchasing and applying two different eyeshadows for one single look. Absolutely perfect for that oh so popular Kristen Stewart red carpet look (google it, and "Club" is all you'll see). I think it compliments every eye color (the warm brown tones bring out blue/green eyes and the silvery green tones help brown eyes stand out a bit more) and pretty much every skin tone, especially from the tanner side onwards (meaning tan to medim to dark rather than pale). The only downside to this and the reason I don't own it anymore and won't repurchase it, is the warmth of the brown tones is in fact too warm and orangey when blended out towards my crease, thus making my eyes appear tired and like I've just gotten hay fever. The green bit of the eyeshadow which sticks to my lid does help counteract the effect, but if a product doesn't look 100% good on me then I find no point in keeping it. If you're dead-set on adding more colors to the look, I'd recommend pairing it only with neutrals if anything, because it's already quite a strong double color and it would look horrifid with too much going on, such as golds or silvers or -god forbid- purples and blues.

on 10/30/2010 10:53:00 AM

i LOVE club. its so versatile. i can pair it with Vex or any other color. its a duo chrome color. when i don't have time or my 2 year old won't allow the time to apply makeup, i reach for this. once blended out, it looks different from when just packed on the lid. so it gives the look of 2 colors when i've only used one.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

When I first bought this, I loved it. Obviously as others have said it's an amazing and unique color. But it's also the most instantly recognizable color on the planet IMO, so it is really not a unique LOOK. However when applied in small doses (as opposed to all over) it's still a really clever color. Nice applied wet as eyeliner too.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I like this color. Can be worn all over the lid when used wet or I like wearing it in the crease with All That Glitters or Woodwinked. It makes my green eyes look nice.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was extremely excited to buy this product as I had been eyeing it for awhile. It looks BEAUTIFUL in the pan but I was disappointed when I first applied it in my crease.
1. It's almost impossible to get the green shimmer to show, no matter what base you use or how much you pack it on.
2. It appears to be a light brown-red when you apply it.
3. It's not creamy, and is tough to blend.
Great if you're a collector, but if you're a neutral fanatic (like me) looking for a smoky green, don't waste your money. I'd try Greensmoke by MAC. The color payoff is awful, and I have no idea what I can use it for.

on 10/17/2010 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Club is grrreat! This really is an eyeshadow which is versatile. I have dark brown/black eyes and this shadow softens the eye colour. In the sense it really brings out the brown colour of the eye. I have worn this on its own, patted it on with my 239 brush and blend in the crease and outer V with my 217 brush, this turned the green into brown, it's brilliant. Also if you like you can first put on a black base, like Blackground paintpot then pat Club on to bring out the colour even more. Either way it's not OTT but subtle and made up. Have a go and you will not be disappointed.