April 18, 2014 | 1297 users online

Skincare - Body - Dove - Anti-Perspirant

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2004 5:23:00 AM More reviews by ditto1973

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't like this anti-perspirant. The fragrance is too pungent and the sticky feeling after applying.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2004 12:43:00 AM More reviews by queenc78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product! I started usaing it when it first came out, desperate for a miracle: It totally rescued my shave-traumatized underarms. I had developed callus-like, brown patches from regular shaving, and this anti-perspirant solid lived up to the promise--it moisturized and healed my skin, and continues to keep razor burn away. It isn't invisible (I get white residue inside my shirts) but I feel it's a fair tradeoff for the great results. . .I keep an Avon Cool Confidence roll-on around for when I want to wear dark or sleeveless clothing. If there's such a thing as a HG of anti-perspirant/deodorants, this is mine!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2004 11:40:00 AM More reviews by pinkchic14

I really like the smell of this (I bought "fresh") and it makes my underarms very soft. It also does stop me from sweating even through a 90 degree day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2004 3:04:00 PM More reviews by theluscioushellcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I shave every day because I think a lack of any hair is the best way not to ever have Stank, and because I just feel well groomed that way. This product not only doesn't sting or irritate my underarms, it actually feels soothing. The smell is nice but not so strong that it fights with my perfume. So far, it's kept me as dry as anything. But then, it hasn't turned into full summer yet, and in Texas, that's the real test of an antiperspirant.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2004 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Jengrimes77

It's not so great compared to other deoderants. I just wouldn't buy it again simply because there are better ones out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2004 3:29:00 PM More reviews by AlexandriaMC

Disappointing. I don't really sweat a lot, but this did nothing for me as a deodorant. Plus, I think it actuallu caused a pimple-like thing near my underarm. Yuck.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2004 3:22:00 PM More reviews by illez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've had problems with other deodorants/anti-perspirants which have caused drying of my underarms. However, with Dove, you get this fresh clean scent as it moisturizes your underarms. I had red bumps/rashes from a previous deodorant and Dove made it disappear. My only complaint is that even though it's "invisible", it takes a while for it to absorb into the skin and if you're in a rush, it tends to flake on your clothing. Other than that, I've had no problem and until I find something better, I'll stick to this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2004 1:34:00 AM More reviews by bargainista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried the roll on and I was extremely unimpressed. It was like smearing Crisco under my arms. It never dried entirely and rubbed off on my clothing. Oh, and it didn't work well for sweating or odor. Definately won't try this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2004 3:22:00 PM More reviews by sillysilly

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, if you are a sweaty pig like me (you know who you are!!), this will not work for you. Plus it leaves a white residue. Not impressed at all. If you *are* a sweaty pig like me, I *highly* rec. Certain Dri. See the raves under "Unlisted Brand".

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2004 10:33:00 PM More reviews by cleanserholic

I love this in the "fresh" scent, and I love how it makes my pits softer. The only problem is I can't change my shirt when I am wearing it or it all comes off. I like how the stick is curved so it's easy to hold.