December 19, 2014 | 1466 users online

Skincare - Body - Dove - Anti-Perspirant

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2004 11:00:00 PM More reviews by NYLuv

Only 3 lippies, but it's the only deodorant I buy. I've tried other brands before and I'm afraid to ever switch again -- this is the only thing that will actually keep me from smelling in extremely hot weather. It still allows me to sweat, which can be good or bad -- it's actually bad for your skin if your anti-perspirant completely clogs your glands by not letting you sweat.

I really don't like the fact that it rubs off on my clothing, especially black shirts, and on a hot day if you sweat over it, the damage can be permanent...ugh! Still, I'm really afraid to try anything else...my experience with deodorants is that they just don't work for me, and this one has...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2004 1:37:00 AM More reviews by lilycreator

I have this in Invisible and it really is. Even if a do a couple of swipes it's still clear. I had this in fragrance free which is really good if you're allergic to fragrances. I have this now in soft floral and the clean scent because I thought I lost one so I got another only to find the other one after opening the newly bought one. I prefer the clean scented one because although the soft floral smells nice, the fragrance lasts for a very long time so I'd rather have less fragrance. This is very moisturizing, non-irritating, and very cheap. The fragrant ones not only help with smell but also very well as, well, as anti-perspirent. This is a very good deal.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2004 6:30:00 AM More reviews by alisha_the_kitten

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the Sensitive Skin formula and it doesn't even work--it doesn't protect at all against sweating or odor. (On me, anyway. YMMV.) Plus, I still got shave/irritation bumps on my armpits while using this. This only deserves 1 lippie from me.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2004 5:23:00 AM More reviews by ditto1973

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't like this anti-perspirant. The fragrance is too pungent and the sticky feeling after applying.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2004 12:43:00 AM More reviews by queenc78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product! I started usaing it when it first came out, desperate for a miracle: It totally rescued my shave-traumatized underarms. I had developed callus-like, brown patches from regular shaving, and this anti-perspirant solid lived up to the promise--it moisturized and healed my skin, and continues to keep razor burn away. It isn't invisible (I get white residue inside my shirts) but I feel it's a fair tradeoff for the great results. . .I keep an Avon Cool Confidence roll-on around for when I want to wear dark or sleeveless clothing. If there's such a thing as a HG of anti-perspirant/deodorants, this is mine!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2004 11:40:00 AM More reviews by pinkchic14

I really like the smell of this (I bought "fresh") and it makes my underarms very soft. It also does stop me from sweating even through a 90 degree day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2004 3:04:00 PM More reviews by theluscioushellcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I shave every day because I think a lack of any hair is the best way not to ever have Stank, and because I just feel well groomed that way. This product not only doesn't sting or irritate my underarms, it actually feels soothing. The smell is nice but not so strong that it fights with my perfume. So far, it's kept me as dry as anything. But then, it hasn't turned into full summer yet, and in Texas, that's the real test of an antiperspirant.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2004 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Jengrimes77

It's not so great compared to other deoderants. I just wouldn't buy it again simply because there are better ones out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2004 3:29:00 PM More reviews by AlexandriaMC

Disappointing. I don't really sweat a lot, but this did nothing for me as a deodorant. Plus, I think it actuallu caused a pimple-like thing near my underarm. Yuck.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2004 3:22:00 PM More reviews by illez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've had problems with other deodorants/anti-perspirants which have caused drying of my underarms. However, with Dove, you get this fresh clean scent as it moisturizes your underarms. I had red bumps/rashes from a previous deodorant and Dove made it disappear. My only complaint is that even though it's "invisible", it takes a while for it to absorb into the skin and if you're in a rush, it tends to flake on your clothing. Other than that, I've had no problem and until I find something better, I'll stick to this.