July 31, 2014 | 2077 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Moisturecover

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by missyfussy

As i have rather serious dark circles, this product does not give me sufficient coverage. However, applying a correcter before this will do the trick. It will crease if I apply too much but setting it with powder solves it. What I like about this product is that it's really easy to blend and matches well with my skin tone. It does not dry out my under eyes as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 10:00:00 AM More reviews by COCO792

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

YSL touche eclat used to be (and still is) my absolute perfect under-eye concealer. I would still use it but the price put me off= 24.50 for 2.5ml , that's disgusting! whereas this is roughly half the price 13.50 for double the product 5ml. I've finally found the answer !

the colour NW15 suits me perfectly, though I would like there to be a little bit more pink in to give it a fleshy colour rather than just being pale. but it does its job of covering up my dark under-eye circles and makes them brighter.

this is the first MAC NW concealer I've tried that has realistic colour and doesn't have a yellow base ! :D

this isn't too thick, infact I'd say it was light/medium coverage. which is ideal for under-eyes. you can't really wear it alone unless you blend it right in because your perfect bright under-eyes will look un-natural against your skin. but with foundation it looks totally natural.

this isn't drying and it never creases. it moisturises the whole time it's on so you skin feels lovely and smooth when you take it off. the first time I wore this and took it off, I thought I still had some on because my eyes felt so smooth.

the applicator and the bottle are cute too :D the bottle is plastic, which is more practical than glass to carry round with you as it won't smash. but it lasts all day so you won't need to carry it round.

I wipe this from the applicator onto my finger then onto my eye, which is enough to cover both eyes. if you use the applicator straight onto your eyes you won't get as much product out of it.

some product does get stuck in the neck of the bottle though, but not much so it's no big deal.

in a nutshell : this is the perfect alternative to YSL touche eclat.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2011 2:30:00 AM More reviews by desertmom4

This is truly a gr8 concealer for under the eyes. It's light and moisturizing enough to not leave the undereye area dry, crepey looking.

Packaging resembles a l/g tube ~doe foot wand. Easy to dab on just where you need it. I have dark circles under my eyes, and when just using this to conceal, I do find it doesn't cover them up completely. My darkness still shows through, but I find my undereye area is lighter/ brighter. With a little experimenting, I find that this product works best as an eye brightner rather than concealer. After I have applied foundation to my face & undereye area, I apply a few dots of this concealer under my eyes and blend it out with 217. I set it with MAC Prep and Prime powder, and it leaves my eye area looking more awake / fresh most of the day. It doesn't accentuate dryness or fine lines.

I have used this for blemishes and redness, and this product is just too thin to do any good in those areas. I have tried it as an e/s base to even out eyelids, and it creased on my quickly.

So, if you're looking for a light weight under eye brightener or have slight darkness under your eye, give this concealer a try. Definitely will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2011 2:28:00 AM More reviews by anna214

This is pretty great for concealing dark circles. It covers quite well but does leave a bit of ashiness on me. I normally use my Bobbi Brown corrector underneath to stop that but a MAC MUA told me (after I'd bought it) that I should be using NW concealers for the undereye area instead of NC because the undertones cancel out the colours in undereye circles differently. I wish the MUA who sold me the NC20 had known that!
I still need eye cream under this but at least it doesn't dry into flakes like the Select Cover Up did!
Overall, not bad. Will probably repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by swirlyloon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my first MAC purchase, and because of this I now I have TONS of MAC products and almost 90% of my money is in the shop!
I do like this, it's really moisturising and natural ,the sad thing is that I am a NW20 for most of MAC products but this was somehow REALLY DARK!
I just use this for the summer...
I would repurchase this in another shade but this does cover up dark circles but not spot guys! but it works well for me cause i don't have any acne or spots or blemishes just dark circles!
so do recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by mmbabies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is just a completely average concealer. Not worth the money I paid for it. I expect so much more from MAC. This concealer doesn't have any lasting power and when put on my under eye area it creases like crazy and well I'm 23 it's not like I have wrinkles. The one thing I do like about it is that it is creamy and moisturizing. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by jodhika1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this in NC45 off ebay, since the MAC counters here in Singapore don't stock concealers beyond NC30/NW35. For reference, I wear Bobbi Brown foundation stick in Warm Honey, which is a pretty close fit.

This concealer unfortunately, is just too orangey for my skintone. I missed out on the Mickey contractor collection released here, for i believe NC44 would have been much better, but oh well.

On the positive side, i love the texture and blendability of this product. Its just so so creamy i swear. Goes on like a dream. Doesnt last very long though, unless you set it. Also oxidises to a darker orange. The shade kind of reminds me of Bobbi Brown's concealer in Golden, with golden being slightly darker. MAC creases far less than BB.

Would i get this again? Nah. For now, i'll probably get a lighter concealer and mix with this.

EDIT: I just had a EUREKA moment. Hah. I'm gona use this to cover my pigmented chin and mouth area first to counter the grey-green colour there. Since orange works to counteract green. Then apply my foundation, which is BB's stick. DONE! Pefect one-tone face. WooHOOO. My coloured sistas out there, TRY THIS!! Esp if you have dark olive/yellow undertones =D

EDIT: For shade reference, MUFE HD foundation in #170 is lighter than this, and Bobbi Brown's foundation stick in Warm Honey is lighter than MUFE =)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by B3NGAL1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After purchasing my first few MAC products I decided I'd head up to the counter and ask for a concealer for my dark circles. As i tend to have dry skin during the colder months they suggested select moisturecover in the shade NC42 (which was dark for me!! UGHHH! Are concealers not meant to be a bit lighter?) My MAC shade is usually NC37/NC40 and it was pretty annoying that they matched me up in a darker shade, which I've found that they do most the time,( not every wants to be extra tanned!!)

Anyways the product itself was nice and mosturising and easy to apply, and the applicater helped too! However I found it was a bit too sheer and sometimes would crease up, but maybe if i powdered on top that would of been better? I found when I wear Bobbi Brown correcter in peach underneath the concealer gave a better result, but all in all for my asian skin under the eye which is a little dark it was not right for me, but the texture of the concealer was really good!

Tried this with the powder and it works great :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

Love it! I use the NC30 for my C4/NC30 Asian skin. I have pretty even skin with just a few broken capillaries and mild undereye circles, so I dot this and blend with a MAC 224 or a beautyblender on top of my foundation and it's perfect. I love the dewy finish and it doesn't settle into pores whatsoever, which I hate with thicker concealers. It definitely is a LIGHT concealer though, so it doesn't work when I have pimples or something major going on. Still, it's my daily go-to concealer!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by nschink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was scared of this at first but the trick is to use it pretty sparingly and of course blend blend blend! It withstood my friend's wedding ceremony without budging! Not one speck transferred to my tear-soaked tissue, impressive! The finish is really natural and it didn't settle into the fine lines that I am unfortunately developing around my eyes as I get a little older.