September 23, 2014 | 1595 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Moisturecover

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by LiliRoseVoice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this concealer after asking the sales assistant for something not drying, that would cover my medium dark circles and could also be used for occasional breakouts. The colour I was recommended is NW15, and it great with my NC 15 skin. The texture is good, not too runny, not too thick, it lasts well into 8 hours. Unfortunately it doesn't cover very much any blemish I may have. The price, 16 euros, is quite steep for the amount of product you get. I don't think I will repurchase, I'm sure I can Find a better option for cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 5:26:00 AM More reviews by Aiglon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to get a concealer that could go on bare skin because I don't wear foundation. The sales lady recommended this product to me in NW 15. It is definitely the right colour for me which is very difficult to find if you have very fair skin. The product does get in the little lines under my eyes, even when I only use a little bit of product. After setting it with powder the concealer doesn't go anywhere but I do have to whipe off the excess product in the lines. The coverage is ok. You can still see some purpleness but it doesn't bother me. I've bought this concealer a year and a half ago and I'm still using the first bottle...a little goes a long way! Now that I'm wearing tinted moisturizer, I think my next concealer will be a little heavier, but I'm still pleased with this one for now.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Smungmung

I got this in NW20 as recommended by the makeup artist to match my NC25 foundation. She also recommended this because I said I was looking for a concealer specifically for the undereye area, and for dark circles; but I also mentioned that I have had big problems with other brands of concealers because they always made my under eye area look incredibly DRY and mind you- I use eye cream so the concealers I've been using are really drying.

I went to try it but absolutely NO COVERAGE at all :( so I'm really disappointed. It also still made the clogged under eye pores/skin show up. So I 'd have to go to another brand that has color correction. I think if you don't have uber dark undereye circles like me, this might work. It is light, and provides light coverage. The doe foot applicator makes it easy to apply and I have to say it is creamy and glides on smooth. Otherwise, if your concern is dark undereye, this is not the right product. I'm returning it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by missyfussy

As i have rather serious dark circles, this product does not give me sufficient coverage. However, applying a correcter before this will do the trick. It will crease if I apply too much but setting it with powder solves it. What I like about this product is that it's really easy to blend and matches well with my skin tone. It does not dry out my under eyes as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 10:00:00 AM More reviews by COCO792

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

YSL touche eclat used to be (and still is) my absolute perfect under-eye concealer. I would still use it but the price put me off= 24.50 for 2.5ml , that's disgusting! whereas this is roughly half the price 13.50 for double the product 5ml. I've finally found the answer !

the colour NW15 suits me perfectly, though I would like there to be a little bit more pink in to give it a fleshy colour rather than just being pale. but it does its job of covering up my dark under-eye circles and makes them brighter.

this is the first MAC NW concealer I've tried that has realistic colour and doesn't have a yellow base ! :D

this isn't too thick, infact I'd say it was light/medium coverage. which is ideal for under-eyes. you can't really wear it alone unless you blend it right in because your perfect bright under-eyes will look un-natural against your skin. but with foundation it looks totally natural.

this isn't drying and it never creases. it moisturises the whole time it's on so you skin feels lovely and smooth when you take it off. the first time I wore this and took it off, I thought I still had some on because my eyes felt so smooth.

the applicator and the bottle are cute too :D the bottle is plastic, which is more practical than glass to carry round with you as it won't smash. but it lasts all day so you won't need to carry it round.

I wipe this from the applicator onto my finger then onto my eye, which is enough to cover both eyes. if you use the applicator straight onto your eyes you won't get as much product out of it.

some product does get stuck in the neck of the bottle though, but not much so it's no big deal.

in a nutshell : this is the perfect alternative to YSL touche eclat.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2011 2:30:00 AM More reviews by desertmom4

This is truly a gr8 concealer for under the eyes. It's light and moisturizing enough to not leave the undereye area dry, crepey looking.

Packaging resembles a l/g tube ~doe foot wand. Easy to dab on just where you need it. I have dark circles under my eyes, and when just using this to conceal, I do find it doesn't cover them up completely. My darkness still shows through, but I find my undereye area is lighter/ brighter. With a little experimenting, I find that this product works best as an eye brightner rather than concealer. After I have applied foundation to my face & undereye area, I apply a few dots of this concealer under my eyes and blend it out with 217. I set it with MAC Prep and Prime powder, and it leaves my eye area looking more awake / fresh most of the day. It doesn't accentuate dryness or fine lines.

I have used this for blemishes and redness, and this product is just too thin to do any good in those areas. I have tried it as an e/s base to even out eyelids, and it creased on my quickly.

So, if you're looking for a light weight under eye brightener or have slight darkness under your eye, give this concealer a try. Definitely will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2011 2:28:00 AM More reviews by anna214

This is pretty great for concealing dark circles. It covers quite well but does leave a bit of ashiness on me. I normally use my Bobbi Brown corrector underneath to stop that but a MAC MUA told me (after I'd bought it) that I should be using NW concealers for the undereye area instead of NC because the undertones cancel out the colours in undereye circles differently. I wish the MUA who sold me the NC20 had known that!
I still need eye cream under this but at least it doesn't dry into flakes like the Select Cover Up did!
Overall, not bad. Will probably repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by swirlyloon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my first MAC purchase, and because of this I now I have TONS of MAC products and almost 90% of my money is in the shop!
I do like this, it's really moisturising and natural ,the sad thing is that I am a NW20 for most of MAC products but this was somehow REALLY DARK!
I just use this for the summer...
I would repurchase this in another shade but this does cover up dark circles but not spot guys! but it works well for me cause i don't have any acne or spots or blemishes just dark circles!
so do recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by mmbabies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is just a completely average concealer. Not worth the money I paid for it. I expect so much more from MAC. This concealer doesn't have any lasting power and when put on my under eye area it creases like crazy and well I'm 23 it's not like I have wrinkles. The one thing I do like about it is that it is creamy and moisturizing. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by jodhika1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this in NC45 off ebay, since the MAC counters here in Singapore don't stock concealers beyond NC30/NW35. For reference, I wear Bobbi Brown foundation stick in Warm Honey, which is a pretty close fit.

This concealer unfortunately, is just too orangey for my skintone. I missed out on the Mickey contractor collection released here, for i believe NC44 would have been much better, but oh well.

On the positive side, i love the texture and blendability of this product. Its just so so creamy i swear. Goes on like a dream. Doesnt last very long though, unless you set it. Also oxidises to a darker orange. The shade kind of reminds me of Bobbi Brown's concealer in Golden, with golden being slightly darker. MAC creases far less than BB.

Would i get this again? Nah. For now, i'll probably get a lighter concealer and mix with this.

EDIT: I just had a EUREKA moment. Hah. I'm gona use this to cover my pigmented chin and mouth area first to counter the grey-green colour there. Since orange works to counteract green. Then apply my foundation, which is BB's stick. DONE! Pefect one-tone face. WooHOOO. My coloured sistas out there, TRY THIS!! Esp if you have dark olive/yellow undertones =D

EDIT: For shade reference, MUFE HD foundation in #170 is lighter than this, and Bobbi Brown's foundation stick in Warm Honey is lighter than MUFE =)