MAC Select Moisturecover

3.8

water (aqua purificata), purified, dimethicone, hydrogenated polyisobutene, cyclopentasiloxane, glycerin, zinc stearate, isononyl isononanoate, dimethicone crosspolymer, sorbitan isostearate, caprylyl dimethicone ethoxy glucoside, dimethicone/ vinyl, dimethicone crosspolymer, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) extract, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, tocopherol, ascoarbyl palmitate, squalane, hexylene glycol, sodium chloride, silica, potassium sorbate, sorbitol, hexadecane, triisostearin, glucose, fructose, dextrin, sucrose, phytosteryl isostearate, alanine, hydrogenated castor oil, hydrogenated palm glycerides, hydrogenated palm kernel glycerides, hydrogenated vegetable oil, aspartic acid, glutamic acid, urea, methylparaben, propylparaben [ may contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides ]

on 12/18/2011 6:35:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have not used Mac for awhile but decided to give it another try. Well I am glad I did, the Select Moisturecover does not settle in my lines and the color is not too light, it is just right. I will purchase again, I am happy to find a concealer that gives a nice finished natural look.

on 12/14/2011 1:21:00 PM

UPDATE: WOULD NOT CONSIDER DUE TO ANIMAL TESTING FOR CHINESE MARKET 17/02/2012 Nice texture, easy to apply. Dosen't dry up the eye area but has a tendency to settle into lines. Powder is a necessity to set it. Also, it dosen't last all day. Nicer texture than my previous one, but still, it's not my HG. Once I'm done with it I'll be looking for another one. I still recommend it for those who need/like light coverage in a non drying formula.

on 11/28/2011 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I like this best among all MAC concealers. The texture is just right because I have lines under my eyes now. I have to reapply during the day, though, because it doesn't last. But I"m ok with it. MAC Studiofix is too drying under the eyes.

on 11/18/2011 2:46:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this concealer after asking the sales assistant for something not drying, that would cover my medium dark circles and could also be used for occasional breakouts. The colour I was recommended is NW15, and it great with my NC 15 skin. The texture is good, not too runny, not too thick, it lasts well into 8 hours. Unfortunately it doesn't cover very much any blemish I may have. The price, 16 euros, is quite steep for the amount of product you get. I don't think I will repurchase, I'm sure I can Find a better option for cheaper.

on 11/12/2011 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I wanted to get a concealer that could go on bare skin because I don't wear foundation. The sales lady recommended this product to me in NW 15. It is definitely the right colour for me which is very difficult to find if you have very fair skin. The product does get in the little lines under my eyes, even when I only use a little bit of product. After setting it with powder the concealer doesn't go anywhere but I do have to whipe off the excess product in the lines. The coverage is ok. You can still see some purpleness but it doesn't bother me. I've bought this concealer a year and a half ago and I'm still using the first bottle...a little goes a long way! Now that I'm wearing tinted moisturizer, I think my next concealer will be a little heavier, but I'm still pleased with this one for now.

on 11/8/2011 2:51:00 PM

I got this in NW20 as recommended by the makeup artist to match my NC25 foundation. She also recommended this because I said I was looking for a concealer specifically for the undereye area, and for dark circles; but I also mentioned that I have had big problems with other brands of concealers because they always made my under eye area look incredibly DRY and mind you- I use eye cream so the concealers I've been using are really drying.

I went to try it but absolutely NO COVERAGE at all :( so I'm really disappointed. It also still made the clogged under eye pores/skin show up. So I 'd have to go to another brand that has color correction. I think if you don't have uber dark undereye circles like me, this might work. It is light, and provides light coverage. The doe foot applicator makes it easy to apply and I have to say it is creamy and glides on smooth. Otherwise, if your concern is dark undereye, this is not the right product. I'm returning it.

on 10/30/2011 12:21:00 AM

As i have rather serious dark circles, this product does not give me sufficient coverage. However, applying a correcter before this will do the trick. It will crease if I apply too much but setting it with powder solves it. What I like about this product is that it's really easy to blend and matches well with my skin tone. It does not dry out my under eyes as well.

on 10/18/2011 10:00:00 AM

YSL touche eclat used to be (and still is) my absolute perfect under-eye concealer. I would still use it but the price put me off= 24.50 for 2.5ml , that's disgusting! whereas this is roughly half the price 13.50 for double the product 5ml. I've finally found the answer !

the colour NW15 suits me perfectly, though I would like there to be a little bit more pink in to give it a fleshy colour rather than just being pale. but it does its job of covering up my dark under-eye circles and makes them brighter.

this is the first MAC NW concealer I've tried that has realistic colour and doesn't have a yellow base ! :D

this isn't too thick, infact I'd say it was light/medium coverage. which is ideal for under-eyes. you can't really wear it alone unless you blend it right in because your perfect bright under-eyes will look un-natural against your skin. but with foundation it looks totally natural.

this isn't drying and it never creases. it moisturises the whole time it's on so you skin feels lovely and smooth when you take it off. the first time I wore this and took it off, I thought I still had some on because my eyes felt so smooth.

the applicator and the bottle are cute too :D the bottle is plastic, which is more practical than glass to carry round with you as it won't smash. but it lasts all day so you won't need to carry it round.

I wipe this from the applicator onto my finger then onto my eye, which is enough to cover both eyes. if you use the applicator straight onto your eyes you won't get as much product out of it.

some product does get stuck in the neck of the bottle though, but not much so it's no big deal.

in a nutshell : this is the perfect alternative to YSL touche eclat.

on 10/8/2011 2:30:00 AM

This is truly a gr8 concealer for under the eyes. It's light and moisturizing enough to not leave the undereye area dry, crepey looking.

Packaging resembles a l/g tube ~doe foot wand. Easy to dab on just where you need it. I have dark circles under my eyes, and when just using this to conceal, I do find it doesn't cover them up completely. My darkness still shows through, but I find my undereye area is lighter/ brighter. With a little experimenting, I find that this product works best as an eye brightner rather than concealer. After I have applied foundation to my face & undereye area, I apply a few dots of this concealer under my eyes and blend it out with 217. I set it with MAC Prep and Prime powder, and it leaves my eye area looking more awake / fresh most of the day. It doesn't accentuate dryness or fine lines.

I have used this for blemishes and redness, and this product is just too thin to do any good in those areas. I have tried it as an e/s base to even out eyelids, and it creased on my quickly.

So, if you're looking for a light weight under eye brightener or have slight darkness under your eye, give this concealer a try. Definitely will repurchase.

on 10/3/2011 2:28:00 AM

This is pretty great for concealing dark circles. It covers quite well but does leave a bit of ashiness on me. I normally use my Bobbi Brown corrector underneath to stop that but a MAC MUA told me (after I'd bought it) that I should be using NW concealers for the undereye area instead of NC because the undertones cancel out the colours in undereye circles differently. I wish the MUA who sold me the NC20 had known that!
I still need eye cream under this but at least it doesn't dry into flakes like the Select Cover Up did!
Overall, not bad. Will probably repurchase.

Top Rated MAC Products