Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

4.1

Caprylic/Capric Triglycerid. Zea Mays (Corn) Starch. Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate. Nylon 12. Dipentaeythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinare. Isostearyl Isostearate. Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate. Talc. Sorbitan Stearate. Water\Aqua\Eu. Polyacrylamide. C13-14 Isoparaffin. Polyvinyl Alcohol. Bytylene Glycol. Laureth-7. Tin Oxide. Sodium Benzoate. Sodiym Dehydroacetate. Phenoxyethanol. Methyparaben. Ethylparaben. Proplyparaben. Butylparaben.

on 7/20/2006 10:30:00 AM

I LOVE the BB shimmer bricks. I have them in Beige and Peony, and I use both all the time! I usually use Beige as highlighter, on my cheekbones after a matte blush and also on my browbones. It gives my face an angelic glow that I love. Peony, however, I like to use as a blush, or as an eyeshadow using an eyeshadow brush and using each shade separately. I reccomend these to everyone-- they are some of my staples for life!

on 7/17/2006 5:53:00 PM

Love it! I have Apricot and Beige and love them both (I tried the pink at the BB counter but did not like me for me: it gave me a pink flush that made me looked feverish). I use them both as highlighter on top of cheekbone and swipe lighter shade on browbone and corner of eye. I am very fair (neutral tone) and use peach blush. Apricot gives me just the right flush of color that gives me a sun-kissed look. I do not think I can pull this off in winter though when I have no tan. One swipe from Apricot shimmerbrick is all I need on my cheekbone. Beige gives me a georgous light champagne/light bronze sheen to my face. I do have to apply a bit more than the apricot and it does not give me color per se but more enhances the color I have if this makes any sense. I could use Beige all year round. I like the Apricot for the sun-kissed look but beige is a bit more sophisticated. Both are subtle and I get a sheen with absolutely no shimmer/glitter. Both are suitable for daytime wear. This product really does brighten the face up. What amazed me is that my fiancee noticed the difference and liked it which surprised me because he does not usually pay that much attention to makeup. He liked the beige the best which once again surprised me but he though it gave me an "angelic" look while the apricot was to him a more casual I have been to the beach healthy look.

on 6/11/2006 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have this in bronze and I really like this. I only use it when I'm dressed up or going out at night. I like to use this to highlight my cheek and brow bones, and sometimes on my shoulders when they are bare. This product really lasts, I have had mine for about two years, but I guess if I used it more often I probably would have repurchased by now.

on 5/22/2006 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Great product, but I have huge pores and the shimmer bricks in Beige and Brownie makes it look even bigger :( I've been trying and trying to make it work, but unfortunately I have no luck with these. Not good for people with huge pores. I prefer the MAC Mineralize Skin Finishes to BB Shimmer Bricks.

on 5/21/2006 10:06:00 AM

I LOVE the shimmerbricks!- The most amazing products I've ever tried- by far. They illuminate my face, makeing my complexion appear clear and glowing. I get compliments all the time! I cant say enough good about these!

on 4/23/2006 10:46:00 AM

Now for me, Bobbi Brown got this product right! I love the Shimmer Bricks...I have Beige and Apricot and love the glow this product gives on the cheeks and eyes. I swirl my brush all over the five rows of color for cheek, and then use the same item "row by row" for eyeshadow. On a sidenote, I just purchased the Shimmerbrick Eye Shadow compact. Abit pricey at $40, and I felt, although the colors looked sensational in the compact, that they did not translate as well on the eye.

on 4/19/2006 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I use Shimmerbrick as a blush. It gives a natural glow. I haven't been able to work up the courage to use it as an eyeshadow, but I suppose it's not out of the question. There are a number of less expensive brands that produce a similar product, so when this runs out, I doubt I'll buy another.

I bought this in Bronze and love it. I was actually worried it would be too shimmery but it really isn't too bad if you are careful about how much you apply. This was my first BB purchase and I am really pleased.

on 4/6/2006 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've owned/own three colors - Beige, Apricot, and Peony. I swapped my Apricot SB for Beige with another swapper, and out of the two, I like the Beige better. It does not accentuate my pores like the Apricot did when I use it as an all over highlighter. When I use the Beige as shadows, the look is very subtle, but I like it. Nothing dramatic with the Beige. The Apricot worked well for shadows, but I don't miss it. The Peony is more like a blush than a highlighter. It is too much for me as an all over highlighter and I have not endeavored using it as a shadow and probably will not since it won't be flattering. (on me, anyway). I would like to try Bronze or Brownie, but will really scrutinize them at the BB counter before adding another one to my collection. BTW I am blond/blue and for skintone ref. MAC NC25, Stila C,D. I gave them a 4 because not all the colors will work for everyone and it's hit or miss. One of those YMMV items.

on 3/19/2006 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ok product. I got this in Pink at the airport, and for me, it didn't really do anything special. I gave up trying to put it on to "highlight" my features. I just use it as a eyeshadow now.