November 23, 2014 | 1280 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2006 10:46:00 AM More reviews by JosieDarby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Now for me, Bobbi Brown got this product right! I love the Shimmer Bricks...I have Beige and Apricot and love the glow this product gives on the cheeks and eyes. I swirl my brush all over the five rows of color for cheek, and then use the same item "row by row" for eyeshadow. On a sidenote, I just purchased the Shimmerbrick Eye Shadow compact. Abit pricey at $40, and I felt, although the colors looked sensational in the compact, that they did not translate as well on the eye.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2006 12:02:00 AM More reviews by kn2172

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use Shimmerbrick as a blush. It gives a natural glow. I haven't been able to work up the courage to use it as an eyeshadow, but I suppose it's not out of the question. There are a number of less expensive brands that produce a similar product, so when this runs out, I doubt I'll buy another.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2006 10:56:00 AM More reviews by justanotherjenn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Bronze and love it. I was actually worried it would be too shimmery but it really isn't too bad if you are careful about how much you apply. This was my first BB purchase and I am really pleased.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2006 1:33:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

I've owned/own three colors - Beige, Apricot, and Peony. I swapped my Apricot SB for Beige with another swapper, and out of the two, I like the Beige better. It does not accentuate my pores like the Apricot did when I use it as an all over highlighter. When I use the Beige as shadows, the look is very subtle, but I like it. Nothing dramatic with the Beige. The Apricot worked well for shadows, but I don't miss it. The Peony is more like a blush than a highlighter. It is too much for me as an all over highlighter and I have not endeavored using it as a shadow and probably will not since it won't be flattering. (on me, anyway). I would like to try Bronze or Brownie, but will really scrutinize them at the BB counter before adding another one to my collection. BTW I am blond/blue and for skintone ref. MAC NC25, Stila C,D. I gave them a 4 because not all the colors will work for everyone and it's hit or miss. One of those YMMV items.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2006 3:50:00 AM More reviews by grace123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok product. I got this in Pink at the airport, and for me, it didn't really do anything special. I gave up trying to put it on to "highlight" my features. I just use it as a eyeshadow now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2006 1:25:00 PM More reviews by westside

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love BB SB. They cost and arm and a leg, but you get a ton of product--.4 oz. I mainly use them as eye shadows, and they look great when I go out at night and I apply them to my cheeks as well. I own apricot, rose, and bronze, and I still want more. Though they're almost hard to distinguish apart when applied, I still think they're uniquely beautiful. I barely use anything MAC now because SB are much more versatile and fun to apply.

A cheaper (an amazing alterative) are Jane's shimmering bronzers and Physician's Formula Shimmer strips.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2006 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Shosita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Iím a big fan of Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick and I have them in all shades.(yes..!! all shades) I admit that you have to be careful and apply it with the light hand if you donít want to look like disco ball but so far I donít have any problem with it at all. The color is gorgeous and gives you glow and dewy. Bronze is very chic and sophisticated. Beige is soft and give a candle light glow. Pink and Roses is not my fave as itís too pink especially the Pink which is got a silver shimmer (Iím tanned / warm tone) but color is lovely for eyeshadow and the Apricot is very nice as it gives you peachy glow. I donít think I would repurchase as it might last quite long. (until I finish all these up I may get bore with them..!!) get the blender brush for subtle application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2006 12:24:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was obsessed with this when I first saw it at Sephora and put it on my xmas list. Noone got it for me, so I caved and got it for myself! I didn't know which one to get, the pink or beige, so I got the pink because it was so pretty. I use it as a highlighter all around my face and as eyeshadow. It is superfine as a shadow, and the quality is obvious when you put it on. I keep it in its box in the medicine cabinet, because it is my favorite thing. Eventually, I will cave and get the beige, and then the apricot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2006 1:13:00 PM More reviews by eenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am often asked by friends if I have a single favorite out of all the makeup I own. Every time I am asked, I respond by breaking out a Shimmer brick and telling them that if I had to give up all my makeup and keep one thing, it would be a shimmer brick. I own Apricot, Bronze, and Pink, all of which I use on a daily basis. What I love about Shimmer bricks is that not only do they look amazing on your cheeks, but on your eyes as well. It is possible to do almost a full face of makeup with just this one product. I also love how the different shades of shimmer brick compliment different shades of blush. I never fail to get complimented on how my face seems to glow, and I have these to thank!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2005 8:34:00 AM More reviews by jennifer36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the rose because it looks so amazing. I am pale and use a bronzer. This JUST on the apple of my cheeks gives me the prettiest pop of glam color. I really needed another blush like I need a hole in the head but that didnt stop me.