December 20, 2014 | 894 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Teddy Eye Kohl

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 10:56:00 PM More reviews by zeppelin15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a wonderful eye pencil.
It's a nice warm brown with golden flecks in it.
It really compliments brown eyes as well as blue eyes.

I like lining my eyes with this and then smudging mulch eyeshadow for a subtle smokey look.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by malabu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This brown color has a RED undertone to it that makes me look tired or like I've been crying. I have fair skin and blue-green eyes and often I'm told that bronze colours are perfect for girls with my features. However, if there is a red or orange undertone, it NEVER works for me. The only way that I can use this is if it's blended with eyeshadows in other colours for a smoky eye, but why even bother if I have to camouflage it's true color? It fades a little througout the day, not more than average eyeliners I guess, but not the best I've tried either, I could live with reapplying on waterline though. It also stings a little. The colour doesn't work for me, I need a deeper brown, maybe with a hint of plum. I don't understand why there are so many positive reviews on this particular colour. I will not buy it again.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by bonhomie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really great brown with bronze highlights. I'm so glad that I went with this and not a plain, boring brown. Looks great on my olive skin tone. Goes on very easily and it stays put most of the time, although I have experienced minor fall out by the end of the day. It will smudge if I rub my eye, but I don't tend to do that. If I were more of an eye rubber, I'd use a waterproof gel liner, not a pencil. I would repurchase, as this color is quite unique and plays well with other liners and shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by apollo5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

teddy is a beautiful color!!! if u are a woman of color (as i am), this will show up on your skin. it has fantastic pigmentation. it's a pencil that i hope never gets discontinued. super gorgeous. MAC hit it out of the park with this one!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Lola452

This is my HG eyeliner. I had tried many other brands of eyeliner before trying MAC, and always found other brands to be way too dry. MAC eyeliners are so creamy and never tug at your lid as you line. Teddy is absolutely gorgeous - a beautiful bronzy auburn color. It's great for day or night and pairs well with many different eyeshadow shades. It has great staying power, too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 8:08:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this & smolder the most....this is nice for when you want some dark definition however not exactly black so i use this pencil for more conservative makeup ie.for everyday in other words. smolder i leave for evening. teddy is a great brown with a very slight bronzy look to it but for me being brunette, it works really well with my colouring.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 3:21:00 AM More reviews by heysailor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great brown color. Because I have fair skin and incredibly light lashes, a lot of browns wash me out. This brown has a great bronze base that compliments my features. Great for day or night. There enough to make eyes pop but not as intense as a heavy black.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by ilovebourjois

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My HG eye product.I have blue eyes and the bronze colour makes them pop. I apply a line to my bottom lashline (just under the root of my bottom eyelashes) and smudge it with a Q-tip.With this method,my small eyes look much bigger and the colour is intensifyed. The only downside is that i need to sharpen the pencil more regularly than others i have tried.Overall,my favourite eye product ever.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by rillensora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

It smudges and has poor staying power, like all MAC's eye kohls. And on top of that, the pencil I have won't draw as smoothly as the sample they had in the store (though now that it's summer, it's warmed up a bit and the eyeliner is softer and easier to draw). But none of this matters, because Teddy is one of the most incredible colors I have ever seen: a smoldering brown with banked depths lit by sunset tones of plum and copper. The complexity of it dazzles you at first swatch, or alone on the eyes, but also allows Teddy to pair gorgeously with numerous other shadows. Still, I'm not sure if it's worth buying again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by roarwoman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this liner for the last three days and have no complaints thus far. One of the reason's I don't wear pencil liners is due to the fact that they are either hard to put on or that they smudge by the end of the day. This liner draws a beautiful line on either the upper or lower eye and is smooth as glass when applying it. The color stays put as a liner but smudges out really nicely if I want to create a bit more of a smokey look. The color is intense but not dark and hard looking. As the reviews before me mention, the color is brown bronzed with gold highlights. I cannot believe what a nice product this Teddy liner is, and I will be back at the MAC counter to pick up a few other colors. I purchased this with All that Glitters and Brown Scrub eyeshadow and Bare Canvas paint. Beautiful combination, my green eyes look amazing :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No