Redken Satinwear 02 ultimate blow-dry lotion

4.2

Water/Aqua, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyacrylamide, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum/Fragrance, Vinyl Caprolactam/VP/Dimethylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Dimethiconol, Hydroxypropyl Guar, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-23, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Laureth-4, Methylparaben, Isopropyl Myristate, Laureth-7, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Xylose, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, 2-Oleamido-1, 3-Octadecanediol, Oleth-10, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Benzyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Disodium Cocamphodipropionate, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Lecithin, Phosphoric Acid, Polyquaternium-10 (D6260/5)

I love this stuff! This stuff makes my damaged hair (Straightening and highlighting) soooooo silky and soft! Ia lways get so many compliments! I strongly reccommend this. Will continue to buy...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Arggghhh! This didn't work for me. I was sure I was on to a winner here because of all the good ratings but alas, this has been a dud. My hair is feels exactly the same as when I don't apply it. Maybe my hairdryer is not powerful enough? Anyway, I will never buy this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am giving this such a low rating because for me, it did not do what it is intended to do! It is for blow drying and I never saw any difference in using it or not using it...I bought a huge bottle from Trade Secret, used all of it, so I am a good judge of it's effectiveness...maybe this works wonders for hair straightening, etc. but I have never used a straight iron on my hair, I just blow dry...would never repurchase and have found suitable replacements for pre blow drying products. This did not make my hair less frizzy or make it soft, not sure what it is supposed to do?

This came in a generous sample size in the All Soft Christmas pack but I only use this when I'm travelling or run out of my usual products. Today was a case of the latter and wow, this stuff is great with a straightener! I wasn't as impressed when I use it with a hair dryer (as designed apparently) but I only use irons at home so it doesn't matter!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

If you're looking for a product that makes even the dryest hair silky smooth without any buildup whatsoever, I highly recommend Redken Satinwear 02. I've tried dozens of other products from other companies that claim my hair will be come super soft and shiny without weighing my hair down. However, none of those other products actually did that. My hair was either left greasy or just as dry and dull as it was before. I became incredibly frustrated and nearly gave up on my search for soft, silky hair.
I decided to give this Satinwear a try though after hearing wonderful things about it here on makeupalley.com. Now, my hair is extremely soft, smooth, flyaway and frizz free, without any "gunk" collecting in my hair at all. Just a pump or so applied onto my hair before blowdrying and in literally just minutes I have hair I love. I'll also mention that this works great for damaged hair and is a fantastic heat protectant.

I love this stuff. I usually let my shoulder-length thick but fine hair air dry until it's about 90% dry, then apply two pumps of this stuff and blow dry. It really does make a differnce (vs. blow drying with no product) in making my hair shiny, soft, and silky. It also makes it less tangly, and I find my brush slides through much more easily. I have to be careful to avoid touching my roots with this on my hands to avoid greasiness, but as long as I do this, Satinwear gives me perfect shininess and smoothness without being too heavy or greasy.

I've used Redken products for years and usually had good results. I don't dislike the Satinwear 02 Ultimate blow dry lotion (rather thin in texture as a previous reviewer noted), but it just didn't do much for my medium-thick hair. I purchased the trial size 1 oz for like $3 USD at Ulta to see if I would like it -- I love that Redken has the trial size for purchase and appreicate them thinking of the customer in this respect since their full sizes are on the expensive side.

Overall, I won't re-purchase b/c I didn't see much in terms of reduced fly-aways, shine or increased manageability. Maybe for someone with finer hair this would be beneficial?

This stuff smells great and really does give a great blowout. My hair is very curly, and this helped me to get it straight with less effort than usual. I think it would be perfect for fine to normal thickness hair. The only reason I said I wouldn't repurchase is because my hair is very thick and this is a thin liquid, so I had to use alot of product to coat my hair. I was thinking this would be more of a cream, which I like because my hair needs weight. So, I recommend this, but will keep looking.

I was at Marshalls and happened to be browsing the hair section when I came across this product. I thought, hey, for 4.99, it's a worth a try. Well, every now and then a product comes along and changes everything and this just so happens to be that product. What is it....a heat styling protective lotion that speeds drying and provides UV filters to help stop color fading. What does it do....holy cow, gives me the softest, most luxurious hair ever. I was really just trying to find a heat protectant when I bought this, I had no idea it would smooth my hair to a fine silk feel. I have medium/fine hair with natural waves/curls that is also color treated. I love this product so much, that I scoured all the Marshall's around me to buy more, it's that good. I keep twirling my hair in my fingers because it makes it that soft! But it's not so soft that it cannot be styled, au contraire, this product does what it says and then some! If you want soft, silky hair, then this product is for you!

I have been using for blowdrying & it works really to prevent damage from the dryer. It doesnt seem too heavy for my fine (lots of it ) hair and it doesnt smell strong at all. I will continue using this.

Popular Styling Products