October 20, 2014 | 1119 users online

Body Scrubs - LUSH - Buffy the Backside Slayer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2011 9:43:00 AM More reviews by str8thuggin

I do not own this product, but a SA demonstrated it on me at Lush. It does in fact make your skin feel soft and silky, but for the money, I would much rather use my trusty mix of olive oil and white sugar, scrubbed on with my scrubby gloves. This works as well or better that the Lush Buffy, and is considerably less expensive. I might buy some of these as gifts - they would make a great gift - but for my everyday use, is definitely not worth the money when I can get the same results for pennies from my kitchen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2011 7:42:00 AM More reviews by PinkSyringes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't live without this. It is the perfect scrub for my body, and I just love the way it makes my skin feel super moisturized and really, really soft! I think it's expensive though because I go through it very fast so I don't use it everytime I shower, maybe every other time. But it is an amazing scrub!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by smileybiker

Got this in a christmas box. Its just average imo. I used it up, but didnt really think wow. Im not a fan of the body butters anyway. Bit too greasy for my liking. I prefer You snap the whip as the blackcurrent smell lasts more and I prefer the charcoal bits to broken up seeds.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Beautyisbliss

Worked really well! The smell was like petroleum, but the product did the trick. Soft skin and a smooth shave later I am happy. Beware of keeping this in a tin as it can end up down the drain as it melts underwater.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2011 7:49:00 AM More reviews by Spider90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

Bought this today on a whim. To me, it doesn't exactly smell like shea butter, cocoa butter OR almonds, it smells more 'herbal' and grassy more than anything. Very faint and slightly sweet.
I found the exfoliating beads to be a tad harsh, but then again it really depends on your skin type. If you have more sensitive skin like me, there's a trick to using this:
1.) Make sure you are damp/wet and warm, step away from the shower!
2.) Very softly glide this across a small amount of your skin (dry bits, if any)to get it melting.
3.) Melt it in your hands, enough to exfoliate the body
4.) Put the Slayer someplace dry, and exfoliate the product in your hands onto your skin focusing on dry/rough areas.

Doing it this way ensures you can control the harshness of the scrub, which can be a little too scratchy straight from the bar (also conserves product!)
After I rinsed it off, dabbed dry I actually moisturised (well it's winter here and I like feeling soft :D!).. My skin feels amazing at the moment, it's usually very soft but it has this extra sheen and warmth to it.
I can see this product not lasting too long, I have a small dent in it and i'm a very tiny girl! However, price isn't an issue when you find something that works wonders.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Championmonkeyface

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the smell of this but find it really hard to describe - a bit of lavendar and a bit of some other nice things. It's quite scrubby, so you don't need to rub it too hard over your skin. Leaves you feeling really exfoliated and soft. Yes, it feels a bit greasy at first but I think part of that is just that it feels different from how I initially expected. I bought the smaller bar and have used it about five times so far, and it's about a quarter used up. I didn't buy the tin to keep it in so am using a tupperware pot which looks awful but does the job.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by AMajor87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For the most part, I love this body butter. My only complaint is that it leaves a thin layer of product on my skin and takes forever to absorb. I used this in the shower before getting out. I pre cut up the bar and use a TINY square for my entire body, out of the water, then I massage in and rinse before getting out. My skin can handle the rough texture of this butter so no problems there. Smells amazing! A little on the pricey side, but if its used right it can last a good while.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by baileymac

I love this!

I like to use it after I shave, in the shower. I'll turn the shower off, buff it all over my legs and body, then rinse. Afterwards theres no need for lotion because the body butter stays on your skin and leaves it soft and smooth. It helps to exfoliate and helps with the appearance of cellulite.

The only cons I have with this product are its price and the fact that its harder to use when the bar gets smaller (from use)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow. If you have keratosis pilaris, you HAVE to try this. I bought this less than a week ago after reading about it here for KP and have used it about 4 times now. The difference is already amazing.

It's basically an exfoliant and moisturizer in one. It's so easy and leaves little excuse to not bother treating KP anymore, which was a point I was at in my life. My boyfriend has it BAD - I have always tried to take care of mine but am too lax sometimes, whereas he would sometimes exfoliate vigorously and never moisturized, making his skin look pretty bad. This is a really simple way to get both exfoliating and moisturizing in quickly. His skin is nearly smooth now. We are both ecstatic about the results. I have never seen results like these with my old treatments (basic exfoliation and moisturizing).

The pieces are big and gritty, and can be harsh, so don't scrub for too long or too hard. The moisturizing effects are pretty incredible. Water beads right off my arms after using this and I can feel a slight greasiness/filminess (not in a bad way) for a while afterwards. Then I'm just left with soft, significantly less bumpy skin!

My only complaints are the price and the 'packaging.' It's $22 for the large block and $9 for the smaller one. It hasn't shrunk TOO badly yet but it's nearly new, and I can definitely see how it would disappear fairly quickly. For $22, I'd like it to last a decent while...so we will see. But for these results, I personally can't complain too much about the price because it is worth it for me. It just stings a bit to pay that much and to know that I will probably have to replace it in a month's time or so, but I'm also not used to spending a lot of money on shower products (I'm 100% a drugstore girl for those things).

The 'packaging' is...non-existant. You can buy a tin separately to store it in, which I did, mostly thinking about travelling, but you can use anything (old yogurt containers even). It's slightly inconvenient to have to store this separately out of your shower or ensure it's not wet when you pack it away. Not a huge complaint but worth noting if you don't want to deal with things like that. I'm used to just tossing my Dove bar back on the soap dish in the shower so this is a bit more high-maintenance than that.

I am also not a fan of the smell. There isn't really any fragrance, so it's kind of an all-natural smell of the shea butters etc in the product. Don't love it when I'm using it but it doesn't seem to stick around on the skin so a very minor detail for me. All in all, 5 lipsticks, simply because it works, and works very well. If you have KP and are getting frustrated by it, please pick this up to try! I'm so happy that I did.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 3:19:00 AM More reviews by gabimarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay so my knees ALWAYS get dry in both winter and summer; as well as, my elbows. This bar works so well! I stayed at a friends house one night and was not able to take a shower but this stuff kept my skin hydrated for two days! I didn't even have to reapply lotion. I also love Buffy because I usually forget to put on lotion but Buffy makes it ray to remember to put it on because you can use it in the shower. I advice everyone to buy a tin from lush or you can just use any closed container to put this bar in ecause it will melt. I've used in five times and I only put a small dent in it. I've got a long way to go!