August 22, 2014 | 1096 users online

Fragrances - Hermes - Un Jardin sur le Nil

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2007 1:27:00 PM More reviews by marym13

I did not like this scent -- a sample I recieved from Sephora. To me, it's very grassy, like freshly mowed lawn. The scent is too plant-like to me, and I can't pick up any of the other notes. On me at least, it's not a pleasant smell. However, I will say that it's a unique and different fragrance-- unlike any perfume I've smelled before.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2007 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Arachne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I adored this fragrance! I first sniffed it in Sephora about a year ago (can't believe I waited so long to review it!!) and it was instant love. Un Jardin sur le Nil is in a class all by itself. It's clean, green, woody and it dries down to the most delicious incense ever. My mom, who's fragrance loves are usually the complete opposite of mine had to buy a bottle after she smelled it on me the very first time. My taylor asked me what it was while she was hemming my pants and bought it that night! It's so incredibly sexy, but keeps it's innocence. It's truly unlike anything I've ever smelled before. I couldn't imagine a man liking it - I think it's very feminine. Notes are green mango, lotus flowers and aromatic rushes that mingle with incense and sycamore wood. I LOVE it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2007 10:24:00 PM More reviews by meme527

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

fabulous. i love the citrus and wood combination. it is warming, evolving, an experience all its own.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2007 10:40:00 AM More reviews by MarieClaire9

Wow, i got a sample of this and i fell in love - i do that tooooo often with perfumes, very expensive ;-) - its a nice fresh grapefruitscent, but not to zesty, with some other aromatic ingredients which i can't describe. Its a really nice perfume. Going to purchase in spring.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2007 9:23:00 PM More reviews by mary66

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The perfect exotic summer fragrance. This is a glass a very dry, very expensive Champagne with a dash of Midori and a squeeze of fresh lime. It does remind me of Egypt but not literally. It's the nostalgic feeling I get when I think of Egypt. The green mango stays green all the way through so it never gets sweet. It stays fruity in a fresh, crisp way. There's herbs which are light and aromatic and there is something delicately woodsy. I can't really smell the lotus flower but it's very well balanced by a subtle floral. Keep it in the fridge and spray it on during very hot days or better still, hot nights - it's not hard to imagine you're cruising the Nile (and sipping Champagne).

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2007 11:58:00 AM More reviews by sarakat

Eh. This is all grapefruit on me for most of the scentlife, which is ok I guess, although I expected more nuance from an Hermes. It is refreshing for the most part, but then during the tail end of the dry down, the water lily note turned utterly awful on me...extremely sour. Blech.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2007 12:03:00 PM More reviews by MelissaM

Firstl, I speak from experience. I've traveled around the Nile a bit, and this fragrance smells nothing like any garden I experienced there. The Nile is a slow-moving, opaque body of murk that smells of disease and decay - certainly nothing evokative of the life it gives its surrounding land. However, while Un Jardin sur le Nil might not be a literal interpretation of the exotic Nile, it does stimulate the imagination. Un Jardin sur le Nil reminds me of leisurely mornings spent in the Hilton Nile coffee shop, the smell of crisp fresh melons, grapefruit, and mango and the coolness of marble around me. It is a scent that I'd imagine trailing behind any of the berobed Saudi wives crossing the lobby; it is exotic, elegan, and yet oddly approachable. What I love about this scent is that the bite of the fruitiness never looses its edge, not upon drydown or a couple of hours of use. Too many times I've encountered citrus and/or fruit scents that morph into something cottony and stultifynig. Un Jardin ... Nil retains a fresh, effervescent quality. An obvious perfect choice for the summer months, but I intend to wear it year round.

13 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2007 7:18:00 PM More reviews by mai1978

This is light and refreshing, yet so elegant and subtle. I'm on a budget, but I will be on the look out for this at discount stores.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2007 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Aquababac

My HG of summer daytime fragrances! Crisp, fresh, elegant, modern, classy. Just love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2007 1:43:00 PM More reviews by rikerriker11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my first bottle of fragrance and will be my favourite one.

The top note is citrusy combined with the smell of water lily
It becomes quite floral at the end of the day.

just lovely.!!