November 27, 2014 | 1539 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Face Powder SPF 16

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Jiyapiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've owned this product for all of two days, so I can't comment as to long term results. I don't regularly use primer or concealer or foundation or powder on my face because I don't like the look of layers on skin - but I like this product. I bought it in "translucent", which ...I shouldn't have because I'm olive toned, yet it looks absolutely fine when brushed on lightly. it doesn't look cakey, yet my skin tone looks even after I use it.
Best of all, I think i can use it daily -iit takes two seconds to rub on, ts so light, i dont have to add ten more things to my face, yet it still makes me look put together.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by buescherbeetle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I feel this gives me a decent amount of coverage without looking cakey. Put some primer on and it will last all day. Without primer, you'll end up reapplying. I can't stand feeling like I have a bunch of sh*t caked on my face but I like having an even, natural looking skin tone. This gives me that. I've tried expensive powder foundations but I keep coming back to this. I've had many people say I don't wear makeup. That's how well it works for me. It's very light. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Jake54

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my second compact of this powder in Beige. Amazing, I almost never do that. I use it to set my foundation, not on its own. I use Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer all over my face for the retinol and SPF. The retinol really helps keep my cystic acne under control. Then I apply foundation over the areas where I need more coverage and Mac Studio Finish Concealer NC20 (with yet more SPF) over my acne marks I'm trying to fade. Then this finishing powder. Looks great! The color Beige matches me perfectly. I also have this in Translucent but it is a bit white on me. The compact itself does not seem terribly sturdy so I use it only at home with a Real Techniques brush (not the sponge). In my purse, I carry Clinique powder because it also provides great coverage and SPF, but the compact is stronger and the mirror easier to use.
BTW-I got this as part of the PF Complexion Kit in Medium. This included a blush and mineral veil dupe. It was $15 on sale at Ulta and then I used a coupon so it was about $12 for all three. Super good deal!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Jake54

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by sweetiejesyca

I was hesitant to buy a powder that is to be applied with a brush (I normally use powder that comes with a sponge as I think it tends to cover imperfections better) but I was SO pleasantly surprised with this! This stuff is pretty amazing! I have combination skin; oily in t-zone area, dry patches.. My skin is also sensitive and I have some skin spots and redness. I don't like to have that "make-upy, caked-on" look, either. I typically wear a tinted moisturizer and the apply a powder over top to finish my look and even out my skin tone. I didn't think this would be enough to give me a finished look but it really is worth every penny. Since it's not one "solid" color, you don't really have to worry about matching your skin tone EXACTLY like you would with other face powders. It blends so well and covers up any imperfections on my skin.. even without wearing a foundation. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone. Whether you're looking for something with light coverage or something with a fuller coverage- this is it! If you do an extra layer, it provides better coverage but doesn't make you look like cakey makeup face. I was a faithful Clinique powder buyer- and at $24 a pop...I wasn't thrilled with the price. I wanted to find something less expensive that also was kind to my skin. This has been super great on my skin and really makes it look flawless...all day! And it's only priced around $13.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by bridie13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on my second container. Can't tell a difference between this and MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, which is what I used to use. I use this with the ecotools retractable kabuki brush. Great product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Taffy98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first mineral makeup, and I have to say that I really like it. I really feel that my skin can breath under this powder, yet it provides a reasonable coverage. It also comes with a mirror and applicator brush underneath the product. It's a bit pricey at about $14, but I think its certainly worth it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This pressed powder foundation is, IMO, comparable to high-end mineral foundation; in fact, I've just recently made a permanent switch from Pur Minerals foundation to this one. I'm not a fan of loose powders, so I'm glad this is pressed. I usually use Pur Minerals pressed powder foundation, but it's a tad expensive, so after my skin tone got darker due to the warm weather and being in the sun, I needed a new pressed powder foundation, and I decided to try this stuff. It works pretty well. It covers decently and lasts a good while. My skin is pretty clear right now, so I don't have to worry about covering anything but a few skin discolorations. I would guess that it wouldn't do a very good job of completely concealing pimples or anything major like that. It does a good job evening out skin tone though. Alot of powder gets on the brush! One sweep and it gets alot of on the brush, but it's easy to blend out. The brush that it comes with doesn't do a good job of applying all over the face. I use the big flat-top kabuki that physicians formula makes and it works really well! I'd recommend this stuff to people on a budget that like mineral foundation. This color choice could be a little better, there aren't alot of options.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a cheaper alternative to my Mac MSF face powder. This product got great reviews on beautipedia.org so I decided to give it a go. for a drugstore product, priced at approx $13 ... it is pricey, but compared to the $30 I was paying for MAC, it is a steal. I have to say I love the finish. I do not see much of a difference at all with my MAC powder. Gives a beautiful semi-matte finish and lasts a decently long time. I still blot my nose once around noon or so, but I had to do that with my old product too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 2:29:00 AM More reviews by maekay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Had sort of a strange, dry matte finish and so pricey! I got it for 40% off at CVS a couple weeks ago. I've been wanting to try a Physician's Formula pressed powder for some time and finally hit a sale. Too bad it looked kind of unnatural (like a soft film of powder) AND started breaking me out! No thanks! Returned it pronto and went back to my tried and true Maybelline Dream Matte pressed powder---has a more natural finish while still being oil absorbing and about half the price.