October 22, 2014 | 2149 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by sweetiejesyca

I was hesitant to buy a powder that is to be applied with a brush (I normally use powder that comes with a sponge as I think it tends to cover imperfections better) but I was SO pleasantly surprised with this! This stuff is pretty amazing! I have combination skin; oily in t-zone area, dry patches.. My skin is also sensitive and I have some skin spots and redness. I don't like to have that "make-upy, caked-on" look, either. I typically wear a tinted moisturizer and the apply a powder over top to finish my look and even out my skin tone. I didn't think this would be enough to give me a finished look but it really is worth every penny. Since it's not one "solid" color, you don't really have to worry about matching your skin tone EXACTLY like you would with other face powders. It blends so well and covers up any imperfections on my skin.. even without wearing a foundation. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone. Whether you're looking for something with light coverage or something with a fuller coverage- this is it! If you do an extra layer, it provides better coverage but doesn't make you look like cakey makeup face. I was a faithful Clinique powder buyer- and at $24 a pop...I wasn't thrilled with the price. I wanted to find something less expensive that also was kind to my skin. This has been super great on my skin and really makes it look flawless...all day! And it's only priced around $13.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by bridie13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on my second container. Can't tell a difference between this and MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, which is what I used to use. I use this with the ecotools retractable kabuki brush. Great product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Taffy98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first mineral makeup, and I have to say that I really like it. I really feel that my skin can breath under this powder, yet it provides a reasonable coverage. It also comes with a mirror and applicator brush underneath the product. It's a bit pricey at about $14, but I think its certainly worth it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This pressed powder foundation is, IMO, comparable to high-end mineral foundation; in fact, I've just recently made a permanent switch from Pur Minerals foundation to this one. I'm not a fan of loose powders, so I'm glad this is pressed. I usually use Pur Minerals pressed powder foundation, but it's a tad expensive, so after my skin tone got darker due to the warm weather and being in the sun, I needed a new pressed powder foundation, and I decided to try this stuff. It works pretty well. It covers decently and lasts a good while. My skin is pretty clear right now, so I don't have to worry about covering anything but a few skin discolorations. I would guess that it wouldn't do a very good job of completely concealing pimples or anything major like that. It does a good job evening out skin tone though. Alot of powder gets on the brush! One sweep and it gets alot of on the brush, but it's easy to blend out. The brush that it comes with doesn't do a good job of applying all over the face. I use the big flat-top kabuki that physicians formula makes and it works really well! I'd recommend this stuff to people on a budget that like mineral foundation. This color choice could be a little better, there aren't alot of options.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a cheaper alternative to my Mac MSF face powder. This product got great reviews on beautipedia.org so I decided to give it a go. for a drugstore product, priced at approx $13 ... it is pricey, but compared to the $30 I was paying for MAC, it is a steal. I have to say I love the finish. I do not see much of a difference at all with my MAC powder. Gives a beautiful semi-matte finish and lasts a decently long time. I still blot my nose once around noon or so, but I had to do that with my old product too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 2:29:00 AM More reviews by maekay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Had sort of a strange, dry matte finish and so pricey! I got it for 40% off at CVS a couple weeks ago. I've been wanting to try a Physician's Formula pressed powder for some time and finally hit a sale. Too bad it looked kind of unnatural (like a soft film of powder) AND started breaking me out! No thanks! Returned it pronto and went back to my tried and true Maybelline Dream Matte pressed powder---has a more natural finish while still being oil absorbing and about half the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I'm on the fence about this. It doesn't do exactly what I want it to.
Pros:
-Sheer coverage that evens out skin tone
-Lasts all day (my oil barely peeks through at the end of the day just giving this a dewy finish instead of the matte it starts out being)
-Does not break out my acne-prone skin
-Does not transfer onto clothing (big Pro for me)

Cons:
-Does not cover large pores
-Does not cover redness
-need to use a different applicator (that little brush does not work with this)
-use a light hand too heavy of a hand can make this look cakey/powdery
-Settles into fine lines (I have very fine "marionette" lines by my mouth and this settles into them and makes them more obvious)

Since I'm just waking up and having a coffee, I'll add more to the list. I have to say that it's an okay powder over all. I just wish it'd cover a bit more. I'm still trying to find a decent concealer that works with me (most cake). So with that being said I'm leaving my overall at a 4 with a "yes" for re-buying. I haven't found a single face product to use as a foundation that won't transfer onto white. This is it. For those who want oil control this is fantastic and if you want to be completely matte all day you will need to touch up once (or maybe twice if you're extremely oily).
4/14/12 update: I've since tucked this away. It's not a bad powder but I hate that it settles into fine lines and doesn't cover redness.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by megieroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay I edited this review because my other review just did not give this product justice. I just want to state that I have very sensitive pale (assuming NW 5-10) combo skin. It's very clog prone and picky.

For the positives this powder has never broken me out, it provides decent coverage. I have some clogs on my forehead and it almost blurs them out. This powder probably lasts ~5 hours without touch up and touching up on slightly oily skin is great, it seems like it blends a bit better.

The only few bad things about this product are that the compact is a bit bulky, the powder is a bit powdery (dusty, my dresser gets a bit on it - also means the powder can get cakey if you pile it on) and that I can't wear it in the winter because it's a bit orange. I have to brush at the paler part of the powder and hope for the best, if not I look awful.

Now that it's summer I am so happy that can wear this again. I just wish PF would put out a paper white shade or something. So if you have 'normal' colour skin... that doesn't look like snow, give this powder a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by camilla8

Came across this powder while surfing the boards and I'm so thankful for finding it! I have some redness in my face and this provides excellent coverage without looking cakey. I use the e.l.f. big kabuki brush to dust it on over my foundation. Perfect for touch ups thru the day. Plan to try it as my foundation soon I love it so well. Exceeds most high end powders, a must try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 4:39:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore this product!!!!!!! If physicians formula ever changes it or discontinues this powder I would be LOST completely and totally and utterly LOST!

This powder is very light, you cant feel it on your face at all! It hides large pores and it corrects skin tone and it has never ever irritated or clogged my skin (I have acne prone skin with redness)! I use this as a foundation because its quick and easy. You can apply it with a brush, a sponge or a puff what ever you want!

I use this in the "transparent" shade and it still really does add a light coverage but its a perfect color match for my skin tone (im NC15 in mac).

Ive used this powder for years (at least 5 years). Its always my go-to.. I keep one in my bathroom and one in my purse for touch ups! It also lasts forever (if I run it all the way down it probably lasts a whole year or longer but I get antsy and tend to switch them out before the pan is totally gone). I recommend this product 100%!