Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 2/23/2013 2:06:00 PM

This is my go-to powder. I have been using this for years and always come back to it. I am about nc5ish and use translucent light as a foundation and I keep translucent in my purse if I need a touch up.They blend into your skin very nice and have a glowy natural finish. I love that its mineral powder and one compact lasts such a long time! I can never find anything better than this stuff.

The only thing I dont like is the big bulky compact and the junky brush...I always throw it away and use my own puff.

This is the best pressed powder I have ever used. I have it in translucent, and it's the perfect shade for my fair skin. It feels amazingly soft going on and stays soft. It evens out my skin tone and covers dark spots. I didn't like the brush that came with it so I use a sponge instead. The only downside is the packaging. The powder is really soft, so it tends to get all over the sides. There's a handy little compartment underneath the powder to store the brush that comes with it but no mirror. I will definitely buy this again because my skin looks great!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

This is my holy grail of face powders. It doesn't make me breakout, it keeps me shine free, aaand it covers wonderfully. For a drugstore product, it is a bit on the pricier side, but to me, it's worth it. It lasts forever, and the quality is supreme. The packaging could be better, but nothing really to complain about.

I love this brand!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I purchased this product in the shade "Translucent" which actually has light to medium coverage in about NC15 shade (definitely yellow). I liked this powder, it didn't melt off my face throughout the day (although it did get oily on the forehead after 6 hours). Can't wear it through, too yellow. Also, very powdery. If you swirl a flat top brush on this powder, it goes everywhere. However, this is the best drugstore version of MAC MSFN I have yet to find.

on 1/21/2013 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my Holy Grail powder that I use alone for foundation. I apply with a sponge and it does not cake on me and is easily spreadable and has full coverage with not that much product. It keeps shine down for me and wears very well all day, with minimal touch up needed. I am also convinced that using this along with Neutrogena Hydrating 3 in 1 acne treatment has allowed my rosacea problem to clear up. Can't scientifically prove it, lol, but every since stopping liquid foundations and using the Neutrogena, my skin night and day better. The only thing about this is it contains parabens, it they stopped using that, I'd like it even more. I also think the price is a bit high for a drugstore product, so I try and find it on sale, usually when CVS put PH on sale, I snap up a couple, also, it cheapest at regular price at Walmart and Beth Bath and Beyond Harmon Discount section, at 11-12 dollars. Lastly, it has a tendency to crumble so be careful with it.

on 12/29/2012 11:11:00 PM

Was on the hunt for a new powder and decided to grab this. Their pressed mineral wear blushes are the only blushes I can use without fear of breaking out, so I figured the powder would probably work just as well for me. I pretty much only use powder to set the concealer I randomly apply over blemishes/red marks. I'm light w/ yellow undertones, NC20 last time I checked (many moons ago). Translucent matches my winter skin pretty decently. It's a touch too light, but close enough. In the summer, I might have to search for the next shade up though.

Just like the mineral wear blushes, this little baby packs a punch and can be easily overdone if not careful and the package is a bit bulky. I always spritz my face w/witch hazel once done applying makeup (my #1 makeup tip) and it helps everything blend nicely into my skin and prevents it from looking cakey or powdery. I like to test out concealers and such on a small freckle on my hand to see how well the coverage is. And this powder almost covered it entirely all by itself. I was pretty impressed.

If I have any issues with this breaking me out, I'll be sure to update!

on 11/16/2012 6:10:00 PM

Good, no fuss product. Works better in the summer. Coverage is decent.
Physical sunscreen with good vitamin ingredient deck.

Not as good as the original formulation of Pur Minerals, not their new version, too many ingredients in the new one and know I will break out.

Will be trying Neutrogenia pressed mineral sheers soon.

Determined to find a good drugstore pressed mineral powder.

on 10/22/2012 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I've been using this product for a couple of months now and it's been great. I have oily skin that is very sensitive to too many chemical ingredients so this product was perfect for me since it doesn't contain any harsh additives. I apply it after my concealer and it provides a bit of coverage and evens out my skin tone slightly (it's definitely no foundation). By the end of the day my skin is a bit oily but not as bad as other products I've used such as the Maybelline matte powder. The powder feels very light on skin, almost as if I'm not wearing anything at all! My skin was breaking out before I started using and has since gotten a lot better. It's probably not due to the powder, but it's safe to say that it's not doing anything to make me break out more.

My only complaint is the packaging. It comes with a brush that is terrible. It's cheap and the bristles are too hard for the mineral powder so it gets messy when I try to use it. They can make the compact smaller without the brush! I use a kabuki brush instead to apply the powder. The mirror is useful.

on 10/5/2012 11:46:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am very pale, 44 yrs old and have sensitive, combination skin. I had bought this product back when it first came out and remember liking it very much. After I used it all up, I went to trying other products and none of them really did what this product does. I just recently repurchased it and now I know why I had loved it. I use Translucent Light and it is the perfect, neutral shade for my skin. I like a sheer coverage, for foundation, since I'll use a concealor for any spots needing more coverage. This product looks incredibly natural on my skin, doesn't irritate me or cause breakouts and lasts fairly long, as long as its not summer. I can't use this for summer since it doesn't soak up enough oil for me. This product doesn't settle into my fine lines and covers enough without hiding my freckles. I don't like the brush that comes in the packaging and I use a kabuki brush to buff it into my skin instead. For heavier coverage, I use a makeup sponge and "press" it into my skin.

on 10/2/2012 1:56:00 PM

This is a great powder! It has a great coverage which you can control depending on how you apply it (I use a couple diffrerent brushes). It doesn't look cakey or dry and I have not had ANY breakout issues with this powder. My only complaint (and its kind of a big one) is the packaging! Its terrible!! First of all, the brush that comes with it is useless. Extremely stiff and strangely shaped. Next, the mirror is under the product so you constantly have to flip back and forth to apply. Lastly, I have had 3 of these break on me already. I didn't drop them or anything but all of a sudden its all cracked and loose. I'm not sure if the packaging has anything to do with this but its a pain having to constantly buy new ones. I actually started carrying it in a ziploc bag in my purse. But even with all that, I keep buying them because the powder itself is worth it!