April 20, 2014 | 1743 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Mineral Face Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 3:36:00 AM More reviews by Buffyfan122500

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mineral wear (along with the finishing powder that goes over it) looks very nice, natural and light. If you have blemishes make sure you cover them up with concealer first because the make up doesn't cover them up really well. It does really help with uneven skin tones. It is also really quick to put on. I like the natural looking makeup and this is one of the ones that I wear the most.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by BabyTHead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this powder on and off for years. Every once in a while, I get bitten by the curiosity bug, and feel like there is something else better out there for me...but I always seem to come back to this powder. I used to use it alone, just over some moisturizer, but found that the coverage just wasn't what I was looking for. Now, I use this in "Translucent Light" as a setting powder for my Revlon Colorstay (Ivory Combo/Oily Skin). The combination of the two makes my skin look flawless. I have never received as many compliments as I have when wearing this powder. It is a little on the pricey side for a D/S brand... but when you have fair, sensitive skin like mine, you stick with what works. I have never experienced any type of breakout with this powder, and have grown to love it so much, I actually get sad when I start to hit the pan, and find myself going from store to store to find this. I would definitely recommend this, if you haven't used it before.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by afast

I have used this powder for 3 years and i love love love it! It does annoy me how the mirror is on the bottom of the powder and not on the top of the lid, but it's something that's easy to get over. the quality of the brush it comes with is rubbish, but other brushes work AMAZING. This powder is fantastic with or without concealer or liquid foundation underneath, depending on the coverage you want. At $20 CAD it's a liiiiitle bit pricey, but it lasts so ridiculously long it's easy to bite the bullet.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Marifer71

I bought a starter kit for about $15.00 at Walmart for medium skin because I wanted something easy to use during the weekend or on more casual days. I have ended up using it everyday--I love the coverage and the feel. I have used Bare Minerals before but I found that it tended to slide off my face and it made me incredibly "glowy."
I did buy a new Kabuki brush because the brush included with the product is pretty useless. I don't carry it around with me so I am not sure how the packaging would hold up if I were to do so.
I use the Hard Candy primer underneath (another fantastic product for a great price) and the blush that came with it. The kit also included the finishing powder. I hate the packaging of that product, but find that the product itself works incredibly well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by LightPink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this!!!

I bought the "light" from the flawless complexion value kit that target sells. I can't believe I am just now trying this!

After I put on my garnier gel-cream I put this on.

I wear make up everyday soo I hope this little thing lasts for at least a few months!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by maneetaum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A great product.
feels really light and gives a natural finish.
Blends in very well.
however the coverage is very light and it is very expensive for a drugstore brand. AUD$28. I probably can find a better powder at a cheaper price but still its not bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by larabean

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never write reviews, but this is an great mineral foundation! is goes on smooth, especially with a face primer. I use my ecotools bronzer brush to buff this in and the finnish is just fabulous! i would say it gives light to medium coverage with a matte finnish (not chalky), but looks really natural. I don't recommend layering this to much to get full coverage because it may look a little fake. overall i don't mind the packaging (except for the crappy brush) My compact itself has not broke yet, like others have said. I really like this stuff :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2010 12:35:00 AM More reviews by asukadoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful foundation! I bought this product after spending all day in the makeup departments trying to find a compact foundation that I liked. The price (in comparison to more high-end products) and the fact it is hypoallergenic and good for sensitive and acne prone skin ultimately won me over. The compact itself is pretty eh, not all that attractive, but it does come with a decent mirror which is handy, but the brush it comes with is terrible. When I used my powder foundation brush on it, however, I had to dip it into the product instead of swirl, as I learnt, because if you swirl the product goes everywhere and you end up with a heap of excess, so tip: dip, don't swirl. When I put it on I found the first layer of coverage was pretty, it covered lightly, would make a very good finishing powder ontop of liquid foundation, my skin sort of glowed, but I didn't get that matte look. So I put on another layer. This product has amazing build-ability, you can go from light coverage to matte finish. I'm wearing this during Summer and so far it hasn't become oily or dried out my skin. May need to touch up once or twice during the day, but I expect that from a powder foundation.

Will buy again! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 12:08:00 PM More reviews by lesdesirables

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After trying many many different mineral, pressed, compact, and foundation powders... and after using this for a full 3 months, this has officially achieved HG status and has earned a place in my vanity for life.

What I love about it:
- Consistency: it is very very finely milled. It has great medium to full coverage, depending on how much you pick up without using much of it at all. I have combination skin: dry in the winter, oily in the summer, and there is always an oily and dry spot on my face. This is great for all of those spots and all of those seasons.
- Tone: I am an NC30, Bobbi 4 (4.5 in the summer). I use buff beige in the winter and sand beige in the summer for this powder. It doesn't wash me out but gives me a nice bit of golden color.
- Price: For the same .3 oz that will cost you $30-40 for a dept store brand, you will only pay $12-14 at the drug store for this.
- Formula: natural and will not cause breakouts. Has SPF. What more can you ask for?!

How I use it:
I use a Bobbi Brown kabuki brush, but any kabuki will do. Being that a LOT of product is easily picked up, all I do is push the brush into the powder and turn it just a bit, so it literally is just pushing on top of the powder. No swirling or dabbing with this, because you will pick up too much product. As a result, this stuff lasts forever, because you only need a little bit. Then I take the brush and starting from the middle of my face, similarly pushing and twirl the brush onto my skin all around, until the product has been deposited onto my face and then I can just apply it in circles as I would any other powder. The result is a beautifully covered, natural looking face!

Tip for those with oily skin: blot your skin with Clean and Clear blotting papers before applying your foundation/ powder. It will give you a matte base to apply.

Tip for those with dry skin: apply moisturizer by rubbing it warm between the palms of your hands and then patting it onto your skin with firm motions that looks like you're pushing the lotion into your face with your palms. Allow to soak in before applying.

I really can't go on enough about this stuff.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by hanabi318

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Physican's Formula is pricey for a drugstore brand, but it was on sale so I wanted to try it. The powder isn't pressed as other pressed powder that I've used before. Once you tap and swirl your brush on the surface, you'll pick up quite a bit of product. When applied, the powder feels very light weight, blendable, but does not look cakey. It doesn't seem to clog my pores nor looks blotchy during the day. I've been using the Translucent Light to set my liquid and cream foundation. I've bought two darker shades to lightly even out my skin tones when I tan and don't want to wear foundation. I like the bulky packaging, there's some weight to it so it feels sturdy. It would be nice if the mirror was underneath the lid rather than the back side of the compact.