October 23, 2014 | 1414 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eyeliner Gel Macroviolet

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2008 3:20:00 PM More reviews by jessiev

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this product and colour. I like to wear this teamed with neutral eyeshadows to add a bit more punch but it is very versatile. I would have to say I think I prefer the texture of BB gel eyeliners to the fluidlines (I find them a bit easier to apply) but I really like some of MAC's colours! Both BB gel eyeliners and MAC fluidlines are great products!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2008 12:55:00 AM More reviews by ima_blondie

Macroviolet was the first fluidline I purchased and I've had it for four years so far. It hasn't dried out and the quality hasn't changed. It is among my favorite eyeliners. I find it really versatile and very pigmented. Maybe the consistency of this varies from pot to pot? Other reviewers have mentioned that it is too sheer. I have never had to use more than one coat of it, though. It goes with a lot of different eyeshadows/combinations and I find myself reaching for it a lot. A pot of it will last a long time. I often wear it with Pink Opal, Nocturnelle, Carbon, and Vanilla Pigment; Shimmermint, Brill, Trax, and Vex; the Stila Rainshowers Trio (although Lithograph looks great with this, too); Shale, Trax, and Seedy Pearl; and the Inventive Eyes Quad. I like it because it is not obviously purple, but isn't black either. I think it works well with my blue eyes and can see it looking great with brown and green eyes, too. A lot of eyeliners smudge or wear off on me. I think maybe I have oily lids? But I have never had a problem with this. It lasts all day long no matter how long my day is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2008 2:50:00 PM More reviews by sofabean

This is a very matte dark purple. It looks like a deep metallic purple in the pot, but it comes out matte. It's great for your upper lash line. It doesn't budge and stays put pretty much all day. It looks great with purple eyeshadows.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2008 7:33:00 PM More reviews by bellefranjic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This liner definitely isn't bold or too electric, just a nice subtle eggplant colour, which is perfect for daywear and for less striking night-time make-up. The consistency is a bit thin, unlike Dipdown or Blacktrack, so it takes two coats to get a decent line.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2008 4:01:00 PM More reviews by rupertlilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This color is very misleading in the jar. You think itís going to be this deep, rich eggplant and then you put it on and nothing. I was really hoping for an intense purple eye liner to play up my green eyes, but this is not it. Iíve been wearing eyeliner for as long as I can remember and still have issues applying this product. Too bad I bought it on ebay Ė as I canít return it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by BEjunkie

I cannot figure out this product. Every time I try to apply it, I mess it up. When I go to the MAC counter for a little coaching, they all make it seem like I'm nuts and that there are 2 month olds applying this crap on a regular basis. So far, I'm not impressed with Fluidlines -- AT ALL!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2008 3:06:00 PM More reviews by mtalla27

This is a very sheer eyeliner that is not meant to make a statement. The shade is light eggplant with shimmer and definitely takes two coats to get a visible line. Perfect for someone just starting to wear eyeliner or prefers a lighter, less dramatic eye. This can easily be worn to the office during the day. Don't get me wrong this is a unique color with dimension, but not strong enough for my dark brown eyes. Overall it has the incredible MAC fluidline quality and would look amazing on hazel, blue or green eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2008 3:07:00 AM More reviews by letsbedazzle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't really like this, the liner is really sheer like others have mentioned. If I layer it, it works pretty well, but why would we have to do that? When built up, it's a dirty, mauvey sort of purple, which I don't really think is as pretty as I thought it would be. I love really dark, but vibrant liners, and I was disappointed by this one. Even if the texture were as perfect as the blackline, the color is just too dull.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2008 11:27:00 PM More reviews by jamila75

I HATE this color. It is a dull, ***faintly*** tinged purple that does nothing for me. The consistency is creamier than any other fluid line I have, but the color just sucks. :-( I wish this was a stronger purple.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2008 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Gem727

Very subtle, but great color. The only fluidline that doesn't make a mess under my eyes! Doesn't stay on all day, but doesn't smudge.