November 20, 2014 | 1943 users online

Lip Treatments - Fusion Beauty - LipFusion Lip Plumping Gloss

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Lip Fusion Lip Plumping Gloss for a number of reasons.

I already have full lips so I may be biased here since I didn't need a lot of plumping.

I purchased this to fill out fine lines on my lips for a more smooth lip look. This stuff is awesome. I love the fact that it is clear - if you have a lip liner that you love use it all over under this and you can have the MLBB look you have always wanted.

The only drawback (other than the huge price tag) is that there is a little sting, it is like a strong tingle - but it is nowhere nearly as bad as other lip plumpers I have tried which tend to feel like an allergic reaction.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2008 3:32:00 AM More reviews by 1prettygirl

Love love love this lip gloss!!! Smells divine and works like a dream! The little tingly feeling is this amazing product at work and I am left with sultry, shiny and plumped lips!

I have this in almost every colour and they all look so good!

I only wish they's lower the price, but hey, it is worth it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2008 4:42:00 AM More reviews by Scottish72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So far this is one of the only plumping products that deliver's some plumping action. It's not transforming or magic by any stretch but then what lip plumper out there truly is the exception?? The price is completely ridiculous. But it's the one I always seem to come back to.
In my experience with fusion one must constantly apply this...day and night, in order to achieve any plumping effect. At least that has been my own personal experience with this product. It gives a numbing effect, not a stinging sensation. It is not overly sticky or thick in feeling/texture. It has a fair amount of staying power unless you are a Java and tea luver! ;-) I am both and so that is why I must apply allll the time! So for every dollar I continue to give FusionBeauty in purchasing there plumping lip products I should start keeping a record as I wonder just how much I have given and continue to give and what the difference when added up would have given me the opportunity/funds to have those lip injections, lol. ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Xiriah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this already. LipFusion and LipFusion XL lipglosses are my HG lipglosses. The main differences between the two are the scent (LipFusion XL smells like spearmint, while LipFusion has more of an almost fruity slightly herbal smell to it), texture (XL is less sticky and less thick), the color (XL is clear like ice, while LipFusion is white in the tube and applies transparent--with the tiniest hint of white if applied too thick on very pigmented lips), and of course the packaging (XL is in a shiny silver opaque tube, while Lipfusion is in a clear tube with a silver top/applicator.) I like both, but at the moment, I am only using the clear LipFusion.

I've never actually finished a tube of either. The first one I bought was a LipFusion in the shade Bare. It applied as a sheer, nude, coral, but after a few months to a year of use, I noticed that the color tended to migrate to the edges of my lips. I swapped that one away, half to a third full, out of a year of use. That being said, a tube will last you at least a year if not more (it was pretty much the only gloss I used for a year.)

My second purchase was a LipFusion XL package from Nordstrom. (Note: if you are ever going to spend that much on Lipfusion XL, buy it from Nordstrom since you can buy it for the same price in a package with a LipFusion lip plumper in a berry color. I think the shade was Smooch.) I gave my mother the berry shade since she likes them better than I do. I swapped my LipFusion XL after it was down to about 1/2-1/3 full, since I was tired of it and the scent.

Both kinds do a great job at moisturizing. I've always had somewhat full lips, but with LipFusion on, it makes my lips look lush and smoother. There is the slightest tingle when it's applied, but nothing like the burning feeling from Duwop's Lip Venom. I've also tried Lancome's Color Fever Plumper and prefer LipFusion because it doesn't have shimmer/glitter in to, plus the scent is much more subtle. LCFP has a strong fruit/spearmint scent to it that gets on my nerves sometimes. Compared to other lipglosses I've tried (Duwop, Juicy Tubes, MAC lipglass, MOR gelato, Bloom, NARS, Chanel Glossimers, Clinique Super Balm & Glosswear--old formula, Dior Ultra Gloss, Stila lip glaze, Bourjois--hated the rose smell, Tarte Inside Out, Philosophy Kiss Me, and Tony & Tina aromatherapy, just to name a few) this is my all time favorite lipgloss/lip plumper. Not because it plumps my lips up, or it gives color (because I don't really buy it for those reasons), but because I love the way it feels and looks on my lips. Natural, slightly plumper, with just the right amount of shine to give it that plush look. I also love the smell and the very slight sweet taste. To me, it is worth the price and I will most definitely repurchase. The one in clear I have right now was a gift, but it is my HG/go-to lipgloss. I do wish the price was less (even $26 would make me happy), but alas, it is $36 for a tube (more expensive than most high-end lipglosses.) At least it lasts awhile though. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2008 10:12:00 PM More reviews by ecart1

I am delighted with this product. I have been cursed with "British lips"---aka fairly thin lips, although they have a decent shape. Lip Fusion really does a fabulous job. I feel a slight tingling sensation after applying it, and honestly about 5 minutes after application I can see a massive difference. I think this is one of those products that either does an amazing job or doesn't do anything--I believe it depends on how well your body absorbs the product. Definitely worth the investment, but try a friend's first before buying, just in case it doesn't work for you. I have it in Bare (a beautiful nude) and Fresh (peachy/coral) and I plan on buying tons more.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2008 6:33:00 AM More reviews by Vrai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been waiting a while to review this product. I wanted to give it a fair chance as I originally thought it was horrible. However, I've completely flipped on my opinion. While this lip plumper doesn't give you drastic results (as advertised) it does do a darn good job of faking fuller, luscious lips. Call it a trick of light, but my lips appear fuller, without actually swelling. It's a fantastic gloss. I find that when I apply this over my usual lipcolour it does a good job of staying glossy without being sticky. As a bonus, LipFusion is an AMAZING primer. I slick it on, wait about three minutes for it to 'dry', apply my lipcolour, add another coat as a gloss and I am good to go.
Beautiful, hydrated, lips with a fun illusion of plumpness.

I use this almost every day and will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2008 7:27:00 AM More reviews by jrichardson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Please don't bother with this. It will not make your lips appear plumper. (I think you have to go under the knife for that!) It's just a gimmick. On the bright side, it is a fairly nice lip gloss (if you don't mind the initial tingle -- which is pain without gain, really).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2008 10:13:00 AM More reviews by juicy70

This is my HG lip plumper. I have been using it daily for over a year now and it has made my lips permanently fuller and smoother. I am on my third tube of clear gloss; I also have a tube of 'Sugar' lip Fusion but I prefer the clear gloss - it plumps better and I can use it under any other colored gloss or lipstick. BTW you can get the clear version for 26$ at StrawberryNet! Otherwise it's pretty expensive, but I will keep on buying it because it works. Also the cap doubles as an application mirror which is a cool feature.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2008 10:38:00 AM More reviews by sweetbabylace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I will repurchase again & again. I was telling my mom about this product the other & thought, "I should review this on mua if I haven't already." This is the BEST lip plumper that I have tried to date. It has a slightly tingling/numbing sensation, but not much. It really works & makes the lips soooooo hydrated. I love it!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2008 6:18:00 PM More reviews by monster620girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It smells fruity and yummy. I loved the IDEA of it, but it doesn't really work. It's an okay lip gloss, but it doesn't do much else. It's not sticky and it smells good. I can't believe how much I paid for this! It's WAY too much money... If it did what it promises to do... it'd be a different story. I would not buy this again.