October 24, 2014 | 1717 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by perikita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this product. I am usually a “brand traitor”, and this is one of that products I buyed more than once. Since I am 30 I realized my pores increase, I had tested Pore Minimizer by Clinique and didn’t notice any difference when I used it and when not. Idealist really works.
There are two problems: it is very expensive and if you forget it, it gets rotten in a few months.
But it works.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by MySilentHeart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been trialling Idealist on and off for 6 months. Recently I thought I would stop using it just to see if it really made a difference to my skin. Without it my skin was an oil slick within three days. Idealist helps control my oiliness and pore size (I don't have massive ones, but they are still visible). It makes my skin silky smooth and smells great. I use it every morning under moisturiser. I like that it soaks in quickly so I can put my moisturiser on straight away. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by marchflower34

Finally a product that really works! Shrunk my HUGE ugly pores! It says to use in the morning but I use this on my nose morning and night (but sometimes skip mornings). Using an expensive product like this on only the parts of your face that really need it helps the product to last longer :) I use this every day and use elmer's non-toxic school glue like a pore strip product about every two weeks and it keeps my pores cleaned out :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Cweb1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Did nothing for my pores. A total waste of money ! Also started breakingon on my nose where I applied this. Never had white pimples on my nose before I started using this. Yuck

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by didi123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is just a camouflage product. When I apply it, it gives my skin like a super smooth velvety texture, likely all the silicones doing its stuff on the surface layer of your skin. Wonderful as a makeup primer. But It doesn't repair, nourish or hydrate the skin or anything like that. Does it minimize the pore while its sitting on the skin? Maybe a teeny weeny bit, but not that much to get excited about. If you have extra money to throw on a product, its ok to purchase this. Kinda like something the trendy lady throws in her makeup bag as an extra, even though she doesn't really need it. Otherwise, don't bother.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by julijalv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Did nothing to my skin- yes, skin was softer, but that's all. There are 2 silicones in it, which made skin feeling uncomfortable. Also after using it I noticed allergy on my cheeks. Total waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 7:07:00 AM More reviews by katereina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best serum i've used for my oily skin.My pores seem smaller and my face is not as red as it used to be.It controls the oilness pretty well and i love that smooth velvety finish that leaves on my face!!!It's expensive for my pocket but if you get the 100ml bottle i think it's a very good price. Try it with the hydrationist cream and at night use it after the Estee lauder Synchronised Advanced Recovery Complex serum.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2011 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Ymber

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a 15ml sample bottle of this as a GWP and have almost finished it by now, so I think the time is right for sharing my thoughts.

PROS:
* As a "good morning serum", it is not bad. It really acts as a primer, smoothing the skin out, making it soft and dewy for the rest of the day.
* Nice, natural, light smell and pleasant texture.
* I have been using it on and off for about three months, and the bottle was rather small, so it also lasted for decent time.
* It did not break me out in spite of all the silicones, and my sensitive, clog-prone skin.

CONS:
* It did not do what it claimed (reducing the size of my pores)!
* It did not seem to have any other benefits such as a boost to hydration levels, reducing fine lines, clearing up my skin or making it smoother in the long run, either.
* It is indecently pricey.

So, as it basically did not deliver on its main promise (especially when compared to Advanced Night Repair which I am also currently testing, and which has been delivering well beyond its promise so far), I am only giving two lippies and do not plan to repurchase.

EDIT: Although it did not impress me that much, I thought I would give it a chance, and use up the the other GWP bottle I had, at least as a make-up primer if it really did not bring any other benefits. So I have been using it religiously every day, and after two weeks of continuous use, it actually started breaking me out. (Serves me right, after stating that it did not cause breakouts without trying it out thoroughly.) I stopped using it and voila, my skin goes back to normal. A word of warning then: It does not show immediately, but the ample amount of silicones in it might not be good for your skin in the long run.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I have had a sample of this hanging around for a while. After reading reviews, I decided to try this under E.L. Country Mist foundation this morning. It's a little hard to get the product out of the small sample-size bottle. I eventually took the end of a floss pick to get some product out. It took a very small amount to smooth over my T-zone and I used just a dab on the sides of my nose, toward the apples of cheeks where my pores are slightly visible. This went on like a serum or primer, with no scent that I could tell. It felt like liquid silk going on. I let the product set a few minutes before applying the liquid foundation. The foundation applied very smoothly but the formulation is incredibly smooth and dewy anyway. I used a small amount of powder applied with a brush to set my makeup. I'll have to see how my foundation wears throughout the day as it sounds like most people use this as a primer. After being at work about three hours, my face looks flawless as far as pores as concerned. I'd like to buy this--hopefully I can find it at the Cosmetic Outlet as I can't afford to pay full price at this time.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by mojo90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It works as a primer but it doesn't really shrink your pores or anything. It makes your skin look more even and the pores appear smaller. That's all...I love the little glass bottle with the pump but the whole product is just not worth the high price.