April 18, 2014 | 1875 users online

Treatments - Estee Lauder - Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Cweb1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Did nothing for my pores. A total waste of money ! Also started breakingon on my nose where I applied this. Never had white pimples on my nose before I started using this. Yuck

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by didi123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is just a camouflage product. When I apply it, it gives my skin like a super smooth velvety texture, likely all the silicones doing its stuff on the surface layer of your skin. Wonderful as a makeup primer. But It doesn't repair, nourish or hydrate the skin or anything like that. Does it minimize the pore while its sitting on the skin? Maybe a teeny weeny bit, but not that much to get excited about. If you have extra money to throw on a product, its ok to purchase this. Kinda like something the trendy lady throws in her makeup bag as an extra, even though she doesn't really need it. Otherwise, don't bother.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by julijalv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Did nothing to my skin- yes, skin was softer, but that's all. There are 2 silicones in it, which made skin feeling uncomfortable. Also after using it I noticed allergy on my cheeks. Total waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 7:07:00 AM More reviews by katereina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best serum i've used for my oily skin.My pores seem smaller and my face is not as red as it used to be.It controls the oilness pretty well and i love that smooth velvety finish that leaves on my face!!!It's expensive for my pocket but if you get the 100ml bottle i think it's a very good price. Try it with the hydrationist cream and at night use it after the Estee lauder Synchronised Advanced Recovery Complex serum.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2011 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Ymber

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a 15ml sample bottle of this as a GWP and have almost finished it by now, so I think the time is right for sharing my thoughts.

PROS:
* As a "good morning serum", it is not bad. It really acts as a primer, smoothing the skin out, making it soft and dewy for the rest of the day.
* Nice, natural, light smell and pleasant texture.
* I have been using it on and off for about three months, and the bottle was rather small, so it also lasted for decent time.
* It did not break me out in spite of all the silicones, and my sensitive, clog-prone skin.

CONS:
* It did not do what it claimed (reducing the size of my pores)!
* It did not seem to have any other benefits such as a boost to hydration levels, reducing fine lines, clearing up my skin or making it smoother in the long run, either.
* It is indecently pricey.

So, as it basically did not deliver on its main promise (especially when compared to Advanced Night Repair which I am also currently testing, and which has been delivering well beyond its promise so far), I am only giving two lippies and do not plan to repurchase.

EDIT: Although it did not impress me that much, I thought I would give it a chance, and use up the the other GWP bottle I had, at least as a make-up primer if it really did not bring any other benefits. So I have been using it religiously every day, and after two weeks of continuous use, it actually started breaking me out. (Serves me right, after stating that it did not cause breakouts without trying it out thoroughly.) I stopped using it and voila, my skin goes back to normal. A word of warning then: It does not show immediately, but the ample amount of silicones in it might not be good for your skin in the long run.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I have had a sample of this hanging around for a while. After reading reviews, I decided to try this under E.L. Country Mist foundation this morning. It's a little hard to get the product out of the small sample-size bottle. I eventually took the end of a floss pick to get some product out. It took a very small amount to smooth over my T-zone and I used just a dab on the sides of my nose, toward the apples of cheeks where my pores are slightly visible. This went on like a serum or primer, with no scent that I could tell. It felt like liquid silk going on. I let the product set a few minutes before applying the liquid foundation. The foundation applied very smoothly but the formulation is incredibly smooth and dewy anyway. I used a small amount of powder applied with a brush to set my makeup. I'll have to see how my foundation wears throughout the day as it sounds like most people use this as a primer. After being at work about three hours, my face looks flawless as far as pores as concerned. I'd like to buy this--hopefully I can find it at the Cosmetic Outlet as I can't afford to pay full price at this time.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by mojo90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It works as a primer but it doesn't really shrink your pores or anything. It makes your skin look more even and the pores appear smaller. That's all...I love the little glass bottle with the pump but the whole product is just not worth the high price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by changja2

I now use this as a makeup primer. Three of the 4 main ingredients are silicones, which most primers are made of - Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, & Polysilicone (first ingredient is water). It works really well as a primer. It makes concealer and foundation application smoother and helps prevent makeup from sinking into pores.

When I previously used this as a serum under my morning face cream, I did not see it help diminish pore size. However, it was hydrating and brightening.

Cost wise, the larger bottle costs $77.50 for 1.7 oz. Lancome's La Base Pro Primer is $42 for 0.85 oz ($84 for 1.7oz) and contains Cyclopentasiloxane & Dimethicone as main ingredients. I realize that they are sister companies but you get more for your money with the Pore perfector and it also has other benefits to your skin than just being a primer. One pump covers most of my face and the bottle lasts me about 10 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by CourtneyEuphoric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great. I bought it after trying a sample. The stuff was amazing I just tried cuz I had a sample I never even heard of before then. My skin felt so amazing after using it that I had to run out and buy a bottle when my sample ran out. I felt like I needed it in my life and now I feel like I couldn't live without it. I don't have big pores to begin with so I don't know if that work, but my skin is soo amazigly soft after I use it and I need less moisturizer after I use it. It also has bee calming down the redness in my cheeks (which is nothing crazy). It smells really refreshing and energizing so its nice to put on a freshly cleansed face first thing in the morning

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by makemeoverAZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for about two weeks in conjunction with other Estee Lauder facial regimen products and I have to say that my pores are definitely smaller and less noticeable. I have HUGE pores and this has changed their size dramatically. I was also so self-conscious about my pore size and now I feel better about my face. This is NOT a moisturizer, this is NOT a primer, and this is NOT a makeup remover. It is a pore minimizing skin refinisher, and that is what this product does. You can only expect the product to be capable of doing what is advertised on the packaging. You still need to cleanse, hydrate, and exfoliate your skin honeys. Great product, I see results, and recommend it if you have normal/combination skin. I paid $80 for my 1.7 OZ. bottle and don't have any expectations for the product to do anything other than what it was advertised to do.