Mavala Double-Lash

Aqua, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Alcohol Denat., Xanthan Gum, Lactococcus Ferment, Glycosaminoglycans, Pronline, Riboflavin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Hexamidine Diisethionate, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1, 3-Diol.

on 10/24/2009 3:31:00 PM

I have blonde, short eyelashes, average amount. I figured I was just destined to never have fabulous lashes, even w/ my HG mascaras. Then, I did some reading here on MUA. There are a lot of lash growth options, some cheap, some $$$$. I can't afford $$$$, so I thought I'd start at the bottom and work my way up.

1st I tried Ardell (see my review). This was my 2nd attempt w/ a lash growth product. It too comes in a mascara-type packaging. I got it off ebay for like $9 (inc s/h). I used it religiously on my upper and lower lashes every night for several months. I noticed some definite growth and a bit of voluminizing (read new lashes coming in), no darkening of lashes, and fortunately, no eye or eyelid irritation at all. Very good product.

However, I wanted to see if there was something better out there (again w/out spending too much $$$$), so I purchased Rapidlash at Bed Bath & Beyond. I do not think I will go back to Double Lash due to the wonderful results I"m getting w/ Rapidlash, so I marked I would not re-purchase. However, even w/ a 20% off coupon, Rapidlash is still $40, so if on a tight budget, Mavala is the way to go, IMO. I gave this 4 lippies, but only becuz MUA doesn't have a 3.5 option.

12/04/09 UPDATE - compared to the results I'm getting from castor oil, this product is now downgraded to a 3.

on 10/9/2009 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

For some reason, my eyelashes really went down south... they were really sucky. They were very short, straight, and sparse. This stuff does work. I definitely have a lot more lashes now. Now they look fuller, they're stronger, thicker, and a little longer. However, this isn't a miracle product and definitely not my HG. I've seen results from Latisse on Asian girls who had sucky lashes also, and this has nothing on what Latisse does for length. I'm going to start using Latisse soon, but use Mavala on days that I won't use Latisse just because I feel like it is a great lash conditioner. Mavala makes my lashes feel much stronger.

on 9/20/2009 11:24:00 PM

I've been using this for a month now, 3 times or more per week.
I don't know about the lengthening part but it definitely made my lashes look thinker and fuller, and they fall out less imo. It works. Better than those expensive department store brands if you think about the price and overall quality of this product. I will buy again if I run out.

on 9/19/2009 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It totally satisfied my expectations. After 2 weeks my lashes became significantly longer and stronger. But the packaging is not ok - when there is less than a half of the product left it is hard to get enough of it on the brush.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this based upon the reviews on MUA and have been using it religiously every night and even during the day on the weekends for 2 months now. Sadly, my lashes didn't get any longer/darker/thicker. I have noticed a few new hairs growing in about 2 milimeters above the natural lash line on my left eye, which didn't make me happy at all. I actually discovered a bold spot on my right eye that wasn't there before, so I'm really scared of using the product any longer, because it was my right eye where I wanted additional lash growth, my left eye is perfectly fine. Waste of money. Yet again.
Edit 2/21/2010: Ended up throwing it away around Christmas, the consistency went bad and the smell was unbearable.

on 9/1/2009 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am Asian and now I have lashes that are noticeable!! After a few applications, I noticed my thin barely there lashes grew in length and more lashes sprouted :) What I did notice the areas where there were no lashes, the colour of the lash is brown/blonde vs. black. It isn't noticeable but I am happy there are lashes there now. With my Shiseido Mascara Base (after curling) and Tarte lights-carmera-splashes mascara I finally had a boy comment on 'how pretty my eyes are.' Never heard that before!

Love this product! I apply every night before I go to bed on my top and bottom lashes.

on 8/22/2009 9:42:00 AM

My eyes didn't dry out from this like other did. but i think the problem with it is because they put it too deep. the thing with this is you can put it on your roots, just close to it. but yeah, i saw a big assss difference ! im chinese, with REALLY SMALL EYES. i remember my best friend once looked at me surpised saying " WTH?! you dont have bottom eyelashes?!" i was really embrassed, but yeah. the point is; in less then 3 days i saw my lower lashes x] ! and they got really really long. i apply this on my eyebrow and upper lashes as well, but it didn't really work for my eyebrows. anywhos, a little tip for this would be if you have hecka straight lashes, curl em up first then apply this. i apply it two-three times a day. i dont like the brush though, because its so tiny, and i dont feel it brushing my lashes . idk, yeah<3

on 8/2/2009 8:34:00 PM

After reading the reviews on MUA, I was excited to try this product.

I used it for 2 days when on the third day my right eye started watering and woudn't stop! A few days after that I developed an infection in the corner of my eye and the Dr told me I had a blocked tear duct.

I am not sure whether this product caused the blocked tear duct, but I won't continue to use this product just in case.

on 7/18/2009 8:33:00 AM

I love this product. I apply it to my eyebrows, upper lashes and lower lashes, from the root to the tip, not missing a single lash. My lashes thickened and lengthened within two applications. Eyelashes even grew in areas where I had none - gaps and areas where I had little to no lashes.

The only downside is that the product dries my eyes out. I wake up in the morning with dry eyes but I can fix that with some lubricating eye drops :P

After I noticed the dry-eye problem, I've cut down my use of the product because it's not good to use eye drops everyday? (I'm not sure) But damn, the product is so good I don't even need to use it every day. I probably use it 3-4 times a week.

on 7/15/2009 10:57:00 AM

In the past few years my lashes and brows have become sparser, I think as a result of normal hormonal changes. I decided to try this product based on the favorable reviews and had to add my own positive one. After 10 DAYS, the ends of my eyebrows are filling out AND I have new eyelash growth. I had given up on mascara, since my lashes are too short to curl and mascara didn't make much of a difference in my appearance. This morning, I needed mascara :) My lashes are definitely fuller. I can't wait to see what a month of usage does. I will update then. Cons: I wake up with my top and bottom lashes stuck together and goopy. A little warm water fixes this. And really, before using this product they weren't long enough to stick together :) I don't mind the brush/bottle package. Just give it a shake before using. I am now using it in the morning as well as evening, as an eyelash base.
****Update: My lashes are longer and thicker now and the ends of my eyebrows have filled in very nicely. In fact, this product has made a much more dramatic difference in my brows than my lashes. The full results of this for my lashes may take up to 4 months. But as of now, after one month, my lashes are indeed longer and slightly thicker. I love that mascara is no longer a waste of time for me - now it really does enhance my appearance. I will continue using this product, because it is quick and easy to apply. Don't expect miracles - just visible, measurable results.

Popular Lash Treatments