September 2, 2014 | 1105 users online

Lash Treatments - Mavala - Double-Lash

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by HawkNestling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It totally satisfied my expectations. After 2 weeks my lashes became significantly longer and stronger. But the packaging is not ok - when there is less than a half of the product left it is hard to get enough of it on the brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2009 9:46:00 AM More reviews by VeryStylishGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this based upon the reviews on MUA and have been using it religiously every night and even during the day on the weekends for 2 months now. Sadly, my lashes didn't get any longer/darker/thicker. I have noticed a few new hairs growing in about 2 milimeters above the natural lash line on my left eye, which didn't make me happy at all. I actually discovered a bold spot on my right eye that wasn't there before, so I'm really scared of using the product any longer, because it was my right eye where I wanted additional lash growth, my left eye is perfectly fine. Waste of money. Yet again.
Edit 2/21/2010: Ended up throwing it away around Christmas, the consistency went bad and the smell was unbearable.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2009 3:45:00 AM More reviews by ebaygirl

I am Asian and now I have lashes that are noticeable!! After a few applications, I noticed my thin barely there lashes grew in length and more lashes sprouted :) What I did notice the areas where there were no lashes, the colour of the lash is brown/blonde vs. black. It isn't noticeable but I am happy there are lashes there now. With my Shiseido Mascara Base (after curling) and Tarte lights-carmera-splashes mascara I finally had a boy comment on 'how pretty my eyes are.' Never heard that before!

Love this product! I apply every night before I go to bed on my top and bottom lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2009 9:42:00 AM More reviews by babyhan

My eyes didn't dry out from this like other did. but i think the problem with it is because they put it too deep. the thing with this is you can put it on your roots, just close to it. but yeah, i saw a big assss difference ! im chinese, with REALLY SMALL EYES. i remember my best friend once looked at me surpised saying " WTH?! you dont have bottom eyelashes?!" i was really embrassed, but yeah. the point is; in less then 3 days i saw my lower lashes x] ! and they got really really long. i apply this on my eyebrow and upper lashes as well, but it didn't really work for my eyebrows. anywhos, a little tip for this would be if you have hecka straight lashes, curl em up first then apply this. i apply it two-three times a day. i dont like the brush though, because its so tiny, and i dont feel it brushing my lashes . idk, yeah<3

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2009 8:34:00 PM More reviews by m00sie

After reading the reviews on MUA, I was excited to try this product.

I used it for 2 days when on the third day my right eye started watering and woudn't stop! A few days after that I developed an infection in the corner of my eye and the Dr told me I had a blocked tear duct.

I am not sure whether this product caused the blocked tear duct, but I won't continue to use this product just in case.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2009 8:33:00 AM More reviews by tarneybarney

I love this product. I apply it to my eyebrows, upper lashes and lower lashes, from the root to the tip, not missing a single lash. My lashes thickened and lengthened within two applications. Eyelashes even grew in areas where I had none - gaps and areas where I had little to no lashes.

The only downside is that the product dries my eyes out. I wake up in the morning with dry eyes but I can fix that with some lubricating eye drops :P

After I noticed the dry-eye problem, I've cut down my use of the product because it's not good to use eye drops everyday? (I'm not sure) But damn, the product is so good I don't even need to use it every day. I probably use it 3-4 times a week.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2009 10:57:00 AM More reviews by pmbechtle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

In the past few years my lashes and brows have become sparser, I think as a result of normal hormonal changes. I decided to try this product based on the favorable reviews and had to add my own positive one. After 10 DAYS, the ends of my eyebrows are filling out AND I have new eyelash growth. I had given up on mascara, since my lashes are too short to curl and mascara didn't make much of a difference in my appearance. This morning, I needed mascara :) My lashes are definitely fuller. I can't wait to see what a month of usage does. I will update then. Cons: I wake up with my top and bottom lashes stuck together and goopy. A little warm water fixes this. And really, before using this product they weren't long enough to stick together :) I don't mind the brush/bottle package. Just give it a shake before using. I am now using it in the morning as well as evening, as an eyelash base.
****Update: My lashes are longer and thicker now and the ends of my eyebrows have filled in very nicely. In fact, this product has made a much more dramatic difference in my brows than my lashes. The full results of this for my lashes may take up to 4 months. But as of now, after one month, my lashes are indeed longer and slightly thicker. I love that mascara is no longer a waste of time for me - now it really does enhance my appearance. I will continue using this product, because it is quick and easy to apply. Don't expect miracles - just visible, measurable results.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2009 3:08:00 PM More reviews by pywacket

LOVE this product. The real reason I originally tried this was for my brows. I have very thick, naturally light hair with pale blonde lashes and brows. My lashes are reasonably long, but my brows were almost non-existent (Think Queen Elizabeth I, well, maybe not that bad).

Within a few days of starting Mavala, I had double rows of longer lower lashes and thicker upper lashes. After a month or two, I had seriously thicker eyebrows that needed to be shaped and could totally be filled-in to look normal and not drawn on.

After several months, I ran out of it and didn't take the time to find it because I was moving, and my brows and lashes did start to revert to their previous state. Unlike some reviewers, I don't see that as a negative regarding the product. It's not as if your eyecream is going to continue work when you stop using it, why should this be any different?

Just for comparison, I have used women's Rogaine on my brows, which helped more than some, but nothing miraculous. The Ardell did nothing discernible at all, unfortunately. The stupid castor oil that everyone swears by did absolutely nothing at all, and seemed to make matters worse, but if there is a super cheap MUA favorite that everyone loves, it never works for me. (ACV toner, Milk of Magnesia Mask, Monistat (!) primer.)

BTW, for those of you who have a hard time finding Mavala products, when I moved to Houston, I just called their US office at 561-624-9211 and asked them who carried Mavala here. Briargrove Pharmacy and Post Oak Pharmacy by the Galleria carry the whole line and are really interesting places for cosmetic junkies. They also carry ALexandra de Markoff, which is super hard to find these days.

I used to get it at Model Pharmacy in Albuquerque, if anyone is trapped in the desert.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 3:06:00 PM More reviews by gho4

It is so refreshing to use a product that works beyond my expectations! I've been using Double-Lash for almost 2 weeks now and wow, what a difference. I've always had mediocre, single-file lashes that are just... plain. Since I wasn't willing to throw rolls of cash into hopefully seeing slight improvements, I chose Malava which was reasonably priced with relatively good reviews. But first of all, I must admit that I didn't use according to the recommendation. Instead of once before bedtime, I was applying it whenever I remember... probably 5-6x/day.

I already saw results after the first few days - my individual lashes were thicker and stronger (no fall out and appear to have more volume). By the end of the first week, my bottom lashes doubled in both length and volume, and my top lashes doubled in volume and got slightly longer. In mid-second week, I saw tiny hairs growing on my top lashes - they are no longer boring single-file but with great volume! Length-wise, my top lashes eventually caught up and grew say 50% more in length. The results hit me like a truck when I finally busted out my lash curler and mascara. With a single coat I already had doll eyes. VERY impressive!

I also love the packaging, compact and easy to use. Some reviewers don't like how it's in a nail polish bottle because it's hard to get the bottom bits out. I didn't have any problem with that because when it runs low, I simply shake the bottle to coat the applicator (the consistency is very liquid so it's easy to work with). Hygiene-wise, it doesn't bother me one bit because it's just like any regular tube of mascara.

The product itself caused no irritation, unless if I got greedy and over-apply, which tingles a bit but that's about the extent of it. I also had white residue near my lashes when I over-apply, but the best way to remove that is to wet a q-tip with some toner and swab - which takes no time. Sometimes I wondered if I really got the product on my lashes because in reality, it's not mascara and it really wouldn't show, but trust me, when you coat it on, it's there.

As mentioned before, the consistency is very liquid and dries almost instantly, and very minimal irritation only when you over-apply. Malava claims that Double-Lash is made with all natural ingredients and shouldn't cause any optical problems - unlike other lash growing product reviews I read that may cause glaucoma!

On a last note, be very careful with application because hair will grow where it's applied. I've been mindlessly coating my top lashes and grew some tiny hair on my creases - didn't know that could happen but it did. Just an FYI :)

All in all, very happy with this product in terms of effectiveness, packaging, and pricing. I've never written such a long review but that shows how excited i am about this product. Will definitely re-buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2009 9:08:00 AM More reviews by DistortedDaytime

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have short, straight asian eye lashes and I bought this product to see if I could change the length and thickness of my lashes.

Before using this product, my lashes were.. let's just say, 0.7cm?!
After using this product for 2 weeks, my lashes grew to 1cm! I can definitely see an improvement with the length as well as the thickness.
Also, my lower lashes grew to 0.7 to 0.8cm!

When I used my favourite mascara on my 'new' lashes, I almost looked like a doll because my lashes were so long!

I'm only giving it 4 lippies because I'm trying to use this for a month. I'll review this again when I accomplish that.

Overall, a very good product and I'd be glad to buy this again :D!