October 21, 2014 | 1897 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm very lazy when it comes to eye makeup, maybe because I'm also hopeless at it. But I'm really digging that gorgeous effect a simple black eyeliner can do to Asian eyes so I MUA'd the best eyeliner on the market and this is the one that tops the list. And it's amazing! I especially bought MAC's 266 brush to apply this with and I can't believe how much depth and definition it adds to my eyes. It's got a great consistency that' is smooth and easy to blend, it sets quickly and is budge free. Definitely a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by peachez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My HG eyeliner. Great consistency, easy to apply, and it is a true black. Plus, you get a lot of product for the price because it lasts forever- or at least until it dries up and you have to throw it out. It took over a year for mine to dry up and I still had quite a bit of product left in the tub despite using it almost every day. I will definitely continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 4:36:00 AM More reviews by Cath12

Love, love, love it. I've tried cheaper products but they were so much more inferior. Will never try another. This will not budge no matter how oily your eyelids get (for best application, I use a #209 brush). The black is intense so be prepared. I use this on my waterline and it stays put for most of the day. No raccoon eyes! I would love a black that was a little softer for day time but I guess that's what dip down (brown) is for. For those of you that are complaining that it dries up, do 2 things; 1. Put the lid on it immediately after use and 2. Store it upside down.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by erintotheizzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Win. HG product for sure. I love rocking pinup style, so that means crazy extended cat eye liner. This stuff stays on all day, doesn't interfere with my lash glue's holding power and goes on incredibly smooth. I use the 266 brush (I think?) starting in the middle and work my way out. It can work either way, smudgy effect or super precise. Remember, a little bit goes a long way :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by famouscigarillo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love this eyeliner! It is very soft and easily glides across my eyelid. It is definitely long-lasting but it's also super easy to take off at the end of the day. I wouldn't really call it a striking, deep, dark black or anything though. Its finish is more subtle than many black liquid eyeliners I've tried from the drugstore - which I enjoy, because I like a defined eye that doesn't scream "makeup!". It's a small jar but I know it will last me a long time.

The only negative aspect about it is how it's not always convenient to apply in a rush, or on the go (if a touch-up is necessary). Also I use a MAC angled brush to apply it and I have to ensure to clean the brush after each use or product will clump on it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've had mixed experiences with MAC products, I LOVE their lipsticks and lipliners, but I'm not wild about their foundations or powders... This gel eyeliner however, is one of my loves!

I apply it with a small flat brush and tightline, applying only to my top lid and top waterline - it glides on easily, and a little goes a long way. It wears quite well also, although I do have to touch it up occasionally - I get a little transfer onto my bottom waterline and into the inner corners of my eyes. Removal can be a little difficult as it really does last, but if I'm thorough it's fine.

It's a beautiful absolute black, perfect for everyday, and applied well it really is a brilliant liner! I haven't had any of the problems that some of the other reviewers have encountered with fading/pulling/etc...
Mac's usual great packaging- for me, a great liner all round.

I take one lippy off simply because I DO get a little bit of transfer with this gel, but I would definitely repurchase as it lasts so long and really is good value for money.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by crunch513

Horrible! But I'll break it down for you.

Price - 19.99CAD
I knew the price when I bought it so I wasn't too surprised, but it's certainly not cheap by any means. Then again, it's not the most expensive out there so I left it at 3 lippies.

Packaging
The packaging is MAC's typical heavy glass with a sleek matte black screw top. Gorgeous. Nothing to criticize here.

Smell - None

Texture
MAC's Blacktrack Fluidline felt smooth going on my skin, no tugging at all. After it dries is a whole new story. It started fading as it dried. By the time it was dry, it was half-transparent. You know when you write with a marker on a whiteboard, then write over it again and it sort of erases what you wrote before? That's what happened here. Except I hadn't drawn over it.

Pigmentation
It was black when I first applied it, but quickly turned to semi-transparent diluted black. Not really grey, just watered down black.

Repurchase
NO! I bought it online and will be returning it along with MAC 263 immediately. (Nothing wrong with the brush, I just bought it specifically for MAC's Blacktrack Fluidline.) As smooth as it is, I don't see the point in splurging on a brush as well as a gel liner that fades to watered-down black once it dries. I was so excited too. Perhaps I will try out Bobbi Brown's gel liner instead...

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by monal9576

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i am obsessed oh my gosh, i use this everyday and it is by far the BEST eyeliner! so easy to apply with the right brush and it does not smudge or anything and stays on all day and night. for some it might be on the pricey side but completely worth it!! i have been using this for so long and will not go back to anything else

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I used to use this gel liner all the time years ago. It is a great black liner and is so easy to apply on other people. I never had a problem with creasing and it lasted a long time for me. I only stopped using it because MAC wasn't readily available where I live and I changed to a liquid felt tip eyeliner from Maybelline. Recently I have been thinking about adding this back in my makeup arsenal. I remember this product did dry out a little over time, but never so much that it made the product unusable. I purchased this many, many times and in many colors. It was and is the best gel liner I have ever used. Check it out! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by BeautyByKat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This gel liner is good, but not the best. Maybe it's because I don't have a #266 brush from MAC, but I just don't like the application or finish it gives. I feel as though it looks dry and comes out to think with my angled eyeliner brush from BH cosmetics. I see a lot of people rave about which is why I think I would like it more if I used another brush. It's pricey, of course, but I prefer my Wet N Wild or Loreal Infallible gel liners instead of this one.