C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve

4.3

Petrolatum, Lanolin oil, squalane, jojoba esters, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, cotton seed oil, octyldodecanol, bisabolol, red 20 lake (CI 73360).

on 5/1/2012 10:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is the BEST thing you can put on your lips. Simple as that. I absolutely love this salve. Not only can you use it on your lips, but your face, cuticles, and etc. It has a unique scent to you, but is really good. It keeps your lips amazingly smooth, and helps treat your chapped lips not smother them. This is a MUST if you like soft, smooth, and lips that smell good! <3

on 4/5/2012 11:07:00 AM

This lip balm is fantastic, smells great and stays on, I get extreamly chapped and dry lips and this is such a big help. It is a must for going skiing too. Love the look of the tin as well.

I have both this and the original Smith's Rose salve in fact I did a comparison of them on my blog. I love this. I think the formula is slightly better than Smith's because when I apply this at night, it is still protecting my lips in the morning. I sometimes get cold sores and this type of product is essential to keeping my sensitive lips moisturized when that happens. I use one or the other of them EVERY night before bed and the results are beautiful, soft lips. A lot of people say this is just glorified Vaseline. I disagree, it has rose extract which acts as an anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant (beat that Vaseline). I have NEVER tried a better lip balm before these. There is one problem though. As much as I love the C.O. Bigelow balm, I can't get the tin open if I have the slightest bit of moisture on my hands. I think it gets worse during the winter with the cold temperatures but it's really obnoxious. That is why I went out to buy the Smith's salve which, by the way, opens like a dream. If C.O. Bigelow made this open-able this would be my HG product!

on 4/4/2012 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I like this product a lot. It kind of works like Vaseline for me. The drawback is that it's huge and the smell isn't to good to me.

on 4/4/2012 10:36:00 AM

I really love this product. I carry it around with me everywhere, and use it for everything from moisturizing my cuticles, to lip balm, to elbow cream. It smells lovely and subtle, like a powdery rose, and is very emollient and feels just wonderful on. Will repurchase forever.

on 3/21/2012 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was gifted this from my cousin who swears by it. I know she uses it on her lips and cuticles.

I hate this stuff on my lips. It's greasy. I'd much rather prefer Nivea lip balm or the EOS lipbalm. Why would I use this when other great options (tubed chapstick) exist where I don't have to dip my fingers into the tin??

As for use on cuticles...I think it's ok. I like my Orly Cuticle Oil or my Burts Bees cuticle balm better.

I just leave this in my office drawer now for midday cuticle softening when I feel like they are too dry. But I could defiitely live without this product. And I will not buy again once I finish it.

Yes, it does smell nice. But that really is my only favorable impression with this item.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I pretty much live on this stuff. It doesnt dry my lips out like most chapstick/lip glosses do

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This stuff is just lovely - I like the smell, it shines nicely and isn't too sticky, and it makes my lips so soft. The problem? As others have mentioned: the packaging is beyond awful. I can only use it maybe once every month because I can never open it and throw it back in my purse only to remember it weeks later. It's a cute tin and all but I won't even think of repurchasing when I can't even use the product I've got!

on 1/23/2012 8:31:00 PM

I always have this on hand. I love applying it to my lips. It's super soft and moisturizing and has a sutle scent. Hate the damn tin though - it can be such a pain to get open sometimes.

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

I love this Rose Salve. It's super soothing on my lips and stays on for quite some time. I've used it on my cuticles a few times, however I find it slightly too greasy for that use. My biggest issue with this product is the packaging. It's extremely difficult to remove the top. I don't know what it is about this metal tin, other products from different brands I have no issue with, but c.o.'s rose salve is just difficult to open. While I love the actual product, I probably won't buy it again because the tin is so hard to open.

Top Rated Lip Treatments