C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve

4.3

Petrolatum, Lanolin oil, squalane, jojoba esters, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, cotton seed oil, octyldodecanol, bisabolol, red 20 lake (CI 73360).

on 3/21/2012 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was gifted this from my cousin who swears by it. I know she uses it on her lips and cuticles.

I hate this stuff on my lips. It's greasy. I'd much rather prefer Nivea lip balm or the EOS lipbalm. Why would I use this when other great options (tubed chapstick) exist where I don't have to dip my fingers into the tin??

As for use on cuticles...I think it's ok. I like my Orly Cuticle Oil or my Burts Bees cuticle balm better.

I just leave this in my office drawer now for midday cuticle softening when I feel like they are too dry. But I could defiitely live without this product. And I will not buy again once I finish it.

Yes, it does smell nice. But that really is my only favorable impression with this item.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I pretty much live on this stuff. It doesnt dry my lips out like most chapstick/lip glosses do

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This stuff is just lovely - I like the smell, it shines nicely and isn't too sticky, and it makes my lips so soft. The problem? As others have mentioned: the packaging is beyond awful. I can only use it maybe once every month because I can never open it and throw it back in my purse only to remember it weeks later. It's a cute tin and all but I won't even think of repurchasing when I can't even use the product I've got!

on 1/23/2012 8:31:00 PM

I always have this on hand. I love applying it to my lips. It's super soft and moisturizing and has a sutle scent. Hate the damn tin though - it can be such a pain to get open sometimes.

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

I love this Rose Salve. It's super soothing on my lips and stays on for quite some time. I've used it on my cuticles a few times, however I find it slightly too greasy for that use. My biggest issue with this product is the packaging. It's extremely difficult to remove the top. I don't know what it is about this metal tin, other products from different brands I have no issue with, but c.o.'s rose salve is just difficult to open. While I love the actual product, I probably won't buy it again because the tin is so hard to open.

on 1/15/2012 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I truly like this product. Smells good, works good... However, I am frustrated with the packaging. I just went to smooth the product over my chapped lips. However, I cannot get the dang thing open. What good is a product if you cannot use it because of the packaging?

on 1/12/2012 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

this saved my cuticles and lips during the cold Canadian winter months and continues to do so! =)

on 12/29/2011 10:51:00 PM

this stuff is great! good smell, leaves lips and other chapped ares moisturized and my lips a nice shine. love it! the only thing is i wish there were more natural ingredients further up on the ingredients list.

on 12/28/2011 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is great! It moisturizes my lips wonderfully and leaves a nice shine on them. The smell is pleasant but not too over-powering. I personally like the packaging but I always make sure to only apply it with clean hands. I haven't used it in any other areas besides my lips, but I'm sure it'd be wonderful moisturizing other areas as well!

on 12/17/2011 8:01:00 PM

I love this stuff. I put it on my lips and cuticles at night, and use it on dry patches of skin on my hands. (I work in food service and dishwashing destroys my hands.) Everything is soothed, and not dry or chapped by morning. I would definitely recommend this!

Popular Lip Treatments