April 18, 2014 | 1031 users online

Fragrances - Victoria's Secret - Vanilla Lace Silkening Body Splash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2006 3:59:00 PM More reviews by CoconutBreeze

I have been looking for something vanilla smelling for several months now, but up until today, I haven't been very pleased with any of the vanilla scents. I have tried/sampled so many scents such as Warm Vanilla Sugar from Bath and Body Works, Vanilla Swirl from Calgon, Vanilla Fields etc, but nothing comes close to my enjoyment after using Vanilla Lace from Victoria's Secret! I truly found a rich warm, fall/winter scented vanilla which I am very happy with. I bought a large sized bottle of 9.00 and it's worth every penny. What I like about Vanilla Lace so much, is the quality of the smell after it's applied. I have read from other reviewers on here, that there is a strong alcohol smell after sprayed, and YES, I do agree with you about that, however, after just a few minutes the smell dies down and you are left with a romantic, sweet, comfy vanilla fragrance with lasts for a resonable amount of time. You may have to re-apply, however, with most body splashes you do, so that's really nothing to worry about. I reccomend this scent from VS to anyone who is looking for that Perfect Vanilla!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2006 8:39:00 PM More reviews by dimath80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm glad the VS decided to bring the scent back. It's not to sweet, whereas I used to love BBW WVS, but then I started to sneeze everytime I wore it so that scent retire and I came back to Vanilla Lace. The splash smells awesome, I keep a bottle in my car and have it double as an air freshener. Splash does not smell like alcohol on my. I think it's a softer Vanilla with a little musk, which I typically hate, but love in the scent. It one of those scents that I always love, I'll try something new, and then end up going back to think for a couple months.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2006 4:48:00 AM More reviews by xobabygurl66xo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this body splash. This is my favorite Vanilla body spray scent of all time so far. I got this a while ago and then stopped using it for a while. But then I started using it again a few months ago and fell right back in love with it. I tried the BBW Fresh Vanilla, thinking that it was going to smell great. The BBW Fresh Vanilla had nothing on this, it just smells like play dough, plastic, and coconut mixed together. This scent however smells very cozy and sweet but not to sweet. I'll definitely re buy this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2006 11:08:00 PM More reviews by chiara5241

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I, too, found the sharp alcohol smell on first spray to be a turn off,then it went away and I loved the vanilla scent. However, it has NO staying power, not even on my skin. I usually layer BBW Warm Vanilla Sugar with Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille, and while after a while I can't smell it on myself at least I can smell it on my skin.

Vanilla Lace is avery light fragrance and the one good thing is that you can re-apply repeatedly if you like..oh, and the $9 prive I paid was far cheaper than CSP. But it's clearly a less rich scent.

I give it 2 lippies becaues of the staying power issue...I probably wouldn't buy it again but I'll use it this summer as a cooling splash. But when I go out i'll wear CSP.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2006 3:00:00 PM More reviews by bea2ls1982

UM, EW. THE ALOHCHOL IS SO STRONG AND SHARP IN THIS ONE.. IT MAKES ME SICK TO SMELL IT..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2006 2:14:00 AM More reviews by PeeWeeScaresMe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This spray smells pretty good, and it lasts relatively long for a body spray. It smells quite similar to Body Fantasies Vanilla fragrance but it's a little smokier. Not really a foody vanilla, but still good anyways. I got this on sale for $6, so overall the pricing is reasonable and the smell is nice. I would probably buy this again on sale, but I'll probably have this one in circulation for awhile.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2006 9:57:00 PM More reviews by LadyMedb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

100% heaven. Just perfect for after working out or for layering. The vanilla is sweet but not candy-like, much more like pipe smoke or vanilla yogurt or even vanilla extract. There's a slight alcoholy scent when you first spray it on, but this disappears in the drydown. This is a beautiful body spray - highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2006 4:12:00 PM More reviews by lilly10

This smells so good it also reminds me of cookies. This is my signature scent I have the splash, cream, perfume, and the body scrub. I have recieved many compliments on this. This replaced my old fav which was B&BW warm vanilla sugar.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2005 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Africanbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My mom bought this for me years ago (I was like 14/15/maybe 16) and I am 23 now, I thought it was too strong and smelled like syrup (I hated it). I smelled it recently and it smelled the same, but sexy/nice as opposed to the ugly first impression I had of it. It smells like pure vanilla extract, if you like that smell then this will work for you. I will be buying this while they are having their holiday sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2005 1:59:00 PM More reviews by kissesox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am SO glad I went out and bought this splash after reading all of the wonderful comments about it on MUA. I am in love with it. I wore B&BW Warm Vanilla Sugar for a while when I was younger, but it's way too sugary and strong for me. I hated that. Vanilla Lace, however, is such a real scent. This is how vanilla should smell. DEFINITELY buy this if you are a fan of vanilla and love the smell of a real vanilla.

EDIT: Took off a lippie b/c the lasting power is rather dismal