August 30, 2014 | 1746 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by ninaulrich

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love lipsticks/glosses/stains/balms and Black Honey is my current favorite. I feel so sophisticated and classy wearing this deep burgundy, it suits my fair skin and strawberry blonde hair really well. My go to make up look at the moment is... well just this: zero mascara and Black Honey on the lips.
So easy to apply, I barely need a mirror, and it fades nicely into a natural looking stain. Never feels dry or tacky on the lips. I always kinda forget it's there because it's so natural.
Very reasonably priced. I bought it in the US where it's super cheap (compared to European prices), but even here in Copenhagen I'll definitely repurchase. It's a winner for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really do love the color, but it makes my lips feel super dry within an hour or so.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by milliestarz

This color didn't look great on me either. It was too light on me and it had no staying power. Will not purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Mina_LaFleur

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just got this and have worn it just about every day since I got it! I love the colour with my skin tone (NW15). It looks very soft and natural. I don't find it builds for me the way it does for others; I kind of max out the pigment with a couple of coats and blotting would take a lot of it off anyhow. The only drawback is the frequent need to reapply, which as a wearer of mainly opaque matte red lipstick, is a bit foreign to me. It's not enough to stop me from preferring it to every other pink lipstick I own and I think to get the look you do from this, a sheer tinted lipstick is the only way to achieve it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by anpage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have had three tubes of this in the past and while it fits my skintone, it just doesn't do anything for me. The color is very blah. It is a HG product for a lot of people but it is a very boring color on me. As they say, "To each their own." Plus I don't like how I have to apply three coats of it to get a good color on my lips and it doesn't have good staying power either. This is a product that probably worked well back in the 90's and beyond, but in today's world, there are much better options when it comes to lip tints. So this will be my last purchase of "Black Honey."

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Anda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have pale, dry, sensitive lips, and Black Honey is the way to make them feel AND look good.
Ive read about it for years and couldn't try it because it wasn't sold where I live. Then by the time it finally arrived I'd forgotten about it. Finally got hold of one on a trip to NYC. I loved it so much I wore it for almost 2 weeks straight and went back to get a backup before I left. Its moist but not glossy, visible but not overly-dramatic. The perfect low-maintenance everyday lippie when you want to have lush, stained lips!
Im most impressed by how it NEVER goes on patchy and uneven looking, unlike many other dark, sheer lipsticks. It's just too bad this doesn't come in a bigger tube, since you can go through it so quickly.
----------------
Tip: I like to apply one light coat all over and then a little more right in the center of my top and bottom lips for a juicy stained look.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by froggygrow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've had several tubes of this. It seems to go quickly because of its emollient quality. What can I say that hasn't already been said about this one? It's a subtle shade that is universally flattering. The only drawback is you have to reapply frequently.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I liked this alright. I am very pale, NW15ish with full pigmented lips. This really didn't change the color of my lips all that much at all - so if you are worried it will be too dramatic, don't. even if you have pale lips this is a safe bet. So anyway I was a little disappointed, I love the mid-deep berry/plums. That said, it was pretty, and the texture did feel just like a balm, so. It isn't bad, just nothing to write home about. Oh, also, the cap ALWAYS falls off in my bag/basket. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's very sheer and cool, I wear it every day, lik ea tinted lip balm, it has great colour. This is my HG quialty lilogloss, It's shint, the weard thing is the staying power is very poor, it wears off when I eat and drink, but I always reapply, i can build up the colour and make it darkmk berry or a subtle hint of colour. It's skinda liek abrely ther emakeup, I have this in a lighter oclour too Chic honey. Black Honey is very overrated and I love it, trhis is my favorite clinique product, as therse new flavors of the old discontunued Almost Lipsticks, cam back again, black honey never faded, but colours are back, in stock

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 4:53:00 AM More reviews by Giannatherese

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! Its a make up must have for me. sleek design, beautiful color, good staying power. its very flattering and makes me feel beautiful! it just dries my lips a little bit after a while so i put some lip balm.