December 21, 2014 | 1658 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by racheezy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow, I love this. It makes my lips a stained brownish red, slightly glossy. One layer looks natural, like my lips are just naturally that color and you can build it to make it darker and stick out more. It looks good however you do it. Its like your natural lips but better, as others have stated. The only issue is staying power but I can deal with it for this. Definitely glad I bought this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by alexandraxy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Now I can say it.... Yes, it's true!
Black honey is an absolute must have.
I was skeptical, I feared it would be too dark for me. It's not.
I bought it after having read innumerable reviews,
99% of them positive. First time ever that I buy sth without having seen or tried it.
I had to order it from the US; I live in Germany and I'm often in Italy. In both countries it's impossible to find it.
The price was good 15dollars (all brands are much more expensive in Europe in comparison to the US).
I also like the silver, sleek packaging - simple, elegant and functional.

But most of all I like the result I get: it's a wonderfully flattering hue. For me, too: I have blond hair and fair
(not too light, though) complexion.
It beautifully ehances the color of my eyes (green).
The texture of black honey is fantastic, so moist you can almost use it without moisturizing your lips beforehand
(and it's all said!).
It's sheer, the quality I most appreciate in black honey,
and brilliant, it lights up your entire face.
The hue is gorgeous: it leaves a tint as if you had just sipped red wine. So, I would define the color as bordeaux. Its undertone is more red than brown.
It's transparent and light and lips look youthful and healthy with just a veil of black honey, much more than covered with
a layer of normal lipstick.
Because of it's sheer nature, it doesn't last as long as a normal lipstick. At my age I've become quite an expert in wearing lipstick and in my case I must say it lasts pretty long. In any case, if you don't eat a complete meal it has
a reasonably long staying power.
For sure a more than worth while purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

I'm so glad I found this stuff! So I was watching a television episode and this beautiful actress had the perfect shade of lips. I couldn't keep from staring at her mouth. It wasn't full lipstick, it was a tint of berry and it was so beautiful, not too glossy. I couldn't figure out what she was wearing. I brought it up to a friend and she recommended this and she was spot on.
This really is "Almost Lipstick" and not a gloss and it gives the perfect amount of colour. I like the fact that it tends to "dry down" on the lips and almost look like your real lip colour. I still have no idea what that actress was wearing for sure but it looks exactly like Black Honey. I think I may order a few more of these in this shade, this is my new HG lip product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by gdeezy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think you have to be fair skinned for this product. Even though it looks very dark, it goes on almost invisible. I have dark skin so on me, it just looks like I've applied a clear gloss. Another problem is that it doesn't last long either. I can't recommend for darker skinned women, but from reading some of the reviews, it must be pretty good for others.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

Not for me, looks streaky and is a weird shade of blackened raisin that makes me look dead even though I am super pale I can usually pull of blackened reds but not this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by peoplerpeople

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

If that #%&$ cap comes off this almost @!&$ lipstick in my purse one more time...who designed this $&%@, anyway? Does any one of them carry a purse? Wth - this is unworkable. Must try some other manifestation of Black Honey because I don't need these purse disasters.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by cjxtypes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Someone here said this looked just like their lips, only better. I concur. This is one I love. It's light and sheer but buildable. The sheen of it doesn't have the greatest staying power but, with me at least, it seems to leave enough pigment behind that it gives my lips a nice stained look. I usually will apply Rose lip salve over top the stain periodically until it completely fades and reapply. Thinking of trying some other colors in the Almost Lipstick line. And if you're a bigger fan of a full bodied lipstick and like this color, the Berry Freeze in the longer lasting lipstick is a near perfect match.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by suzydw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my new favorite color. It looks very dark burgandy in the tube, but it goes on sheer and leaves your lips soft and gorgeously colored. It's easy to apply (you don't need a mirror.) Definitely a great buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by pelini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very sheer lipstick. The color is beautiful and flattering. The staying power is not amazing, but it is easy to reapply -- because it is sheer, it is forgiving with mistakes. It is not glossy, but gives your lips a healthy shine. I tried it because I have difficulty finding darker shades that look good on me. Granted, this doesn't look as dark as a matte lipstick but it proved to be a good compromise.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by cchh95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been wanting to try this product for ages, and I finally ordered it. I absolutely loved it! I feel the color is perfect and buildable, and that it suits my fair skin tone very well.