October 20, 2014 | 1999 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by pelini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very sheer lipstick. The color is beautiful and flattering. The staying power is not amazing, but it is easy to reapply -- because it is sheer, it is forgiving with mistakes. It is not glossy, but gives your lips a healthy shine. I tried it because I have difficulty finding darker shades that look good on me. Granted, this doesn't look as dark as a matte lipstick but it proved to be a good compromise.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by cchh95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been wanting to try this product for ages, and I finally ordered it. I absolutely loved it! I feel the color is perfect and buildable, and that it suits my fair skin tone very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I LOVE the berry color, and I love how it looks great on everyone, and I love how versatile it is, but I don't like the formulation at all. It doesn't go on evenly and I have to use my finger to blend it so that I don't have random darker/lighter patches, and by then I've rubbed almost all of it off. I would prefer something a bit waxier, to make it easier to apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 3:05:00 AM More reviews by catbird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am in LOVE with this stuff! I've worn it every day since I bought it after reading all the good reviews. It's the perfect combination of lipstick and gloss without being too dry looking or shiny. The color is amazing too, very sheer and natural looking. My new favorite will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by ninaulrich

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love lipsticks/glosses/stains/balms and Black Honey is my current favorite. I feel so sophisticated and classy wearing this deep burgundy, it suits my fair skin and strawberry blonde hair really well. My go to make up look at the moment is... well just this: zero mascara and Black Honey on the lips.
So easy to apply, I barely need a mirror, and it fades nicely into a natural looking stain. Never feels dry or tacky on the lips. I always kinda forget it's there because it's so natural.
Very reasonably priced. I bought it in the US where it's super cheap (compared to European prices), but even here in Copenhagen I'll definitely repurchase. It's a winner for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really do love the color, but it makes my lips feel super dry within an hour or so.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by milliestarz

This color didn't look great on me either. It was too light on me and it had no staying power. Will not purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Mina_LaFleur

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just got this and have worn it just about every day since I got it! I love the colour with my skin tone (NW15). It looks very soft and natural. I don't find it builds for me the way it does for others; I kind of max out the pigment with a couple of coats and blotting would take a lot of it off anyhow. The only drawback is the frequent need to reapply, which as a wearer of mainly opaque matte red lipstick, is a bit foreign to me. It's not enough to stop me from preferring it to every other pink lipstick I own and I think to get the look you do from this, a sheer tinted lipstick is the only way to achieve it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Anda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have pale, dry, sensitive lips, and Black Honey is the way to make them feel AND look good.
Ive read about it for years and couldn't try it because it wasn't sold where I live. Then by the time it finally arrived I'd forgotten about it. Finally got hold of one on a trip to NYC. I loved it so much I wore it for almost 2 weeks straight and went back to get a backup before I left. Its moist but not glossy, visible but not overly-dramatic. The perfect low-maintenance everyday lippie when you want to have lush, stained lips!
Im most impressed by how it NEVER goes on patchy and uneven looking, unlike many other dark, sheer lipsticks. It's just too bad this doesn't come in a bigger tube, since you can go through it so quickly.
----------------
Tip: I like to apply one light coat all over and then a little more right in the center of my top and bottom lips for a juicy stained look.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by froggygrow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've had several tubes of this. It seems to go quickly because of its emollient quality. What can I say that hasn't already been said about this one? It's a subtle shade that is universally flattering. The only drawback is you have to reapply frequently.