September 23, 2014 | 2010 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Rose Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2006 8:58:00 PM More reviews by kittybrmow

This is my holy grail blush. I have a pic in my profile where I'm wearing this and this give me such a healthy rosey glow. I use this with the bobbi brown face brush. I will never be w/out this and will definitely repurchase if I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2006 12:30:00 PM More reviews by verybridgetjones

I own/have owned all of the BB Shimmer Bricks except one (Beige) and this one is definitely my favorite! Rose is just pigmented enough to leave a rosey "healthy" glow, and I find the shimmer in this on the least overwhelming. I get compliments on my complexion when I wear this by itself, and it looks nice to highlight with a blush as well. I think this applies best with Bobbi Brown's Face Blender brush (which I also LOVE), but most powder/blush/skunk brushes will do the trick because this does not apply too heavily. If you are new to BB's Shimmer Bricks, this is a good one to try first, and I would definitely repurchase if something ever happened to mine.

For the record, I'm NC20, hazel eyes, chocolate brown hair. :D

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2006 7:12:00 PM More reviews by marieckim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the product. It's beautiful. It lasts a long time. But the packaging sucks. First of all, the compact is pretty bulky. And the part that clicks and keeps the compact closed broke. So now I have to use a rubber band to keep it shut. Annoying. Not elegant at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2006 5:21:00 PM More reviews by nalasambi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been thinking for soooooooo long if not to buy this product. It seemed I was very attraceted to this fashionable prodcut, but was not sure if it was only a hype or not.
So, finally, I bought it. I am quite fair, dark brown/black hair, green eyes. I wanted to buy the pink-edition since i am quite pale and I was not sure if the rose-brick would be too heavy on me, but the SA assured me to buy the rose. the pink brick is very pale and very very shimmery. The rose on is perfect for me. It brings my face to life. I use first the BB cream blush (pale pink) and I highlight cheekbones, chin... with the shimmer brick. it looks very natural and lasts all day. Am a happy girl.. I just bought the face blender brush from BB on ebay, and can't wait to use it with the shimmer brick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2006 6:50:00 PM More reviews by technopixie

This gives me the glow I've been searching for (NARS blushes, Cargo's The Big Easy, Milani Luminous, Stila lillium cc, and Benefit Dandelion all failed). I have huge pores on my cheeks, especially on the front by my nose, but this honestly doesn't seem to emphasize them horribly. The SA applied this on my cheekbones and on the half of the cheek apple closest to my hairline and it looks amazing- I've received complements after wearing it once. A fluffy blush brush works fine for me, I haven't had a problem with putting too much on and it being too shimmery. The color payoff is there for me (NW20), it's a subtle warm pink around the color of the second from the bottom stripe. I fully intend to use this as a subtle blush (vs. highlighter), but keep in mind I'm on the pale side and it's not going to really give a huge pop of color. If you're looking for that, try peony instead or brownie if you want a warmer bronzed pink. Also, the top three striped work very well as eyeshadow, the bottom two are too pink for me but would certainly work as a lipcolor if mixed with gloss. HG for me, I will use this for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2006 4:07:00 AM More reviews by Hammurabi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really really like the effect of Rose. I received a gift voucher and put it towards a shimmerbrick that i have been wanted for a long time but couldnt justify to buy it (its AUD $81 here).
So when i had the chance to own one, i jumped at it, I would actually prefer peony if they had it in stock (unfortunately when i try to get it, its already sold out).
So rose is my next best option, it shows up on my skin but its not over the top. I much prefer it as a blush than eye shadow though.
Its very pretty, sometimes i wear a blush underneath before i put it on to have a heavier effect.
Its a very pretty thing, the only complaint i have is the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2006 12:14:00 PM More reviews by productgrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this product and would recommend it to anyone! It gives you the prettiest glow. I have recommended it to several friends and my sister, and they all love it. I apply it after I have finished my normal makeup application and it makes all the difference. It gives you an almost airbrushed effect that is NOT glittery (yuck) and does not sink into fine lines. ***Here is a tip, if you are still searching for that perfect dewy glow, apply this over NARS the multiple (I use both products as highlighters on my upper cheek bone and temple) and it is wonderful!*** One note, you must buy the BB brush that goes with for a natural application. Any other brush can result in a garish, unnatural application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2006 5:16:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Why I didn't get this sooner - I tested out a few shimmerbricks (beige and bronze, I think) when they first arrived at my nearest CCO. They were too sparkly, with chunky glitter, and looked awful in the store lighting and worse outdoors. My curiosity got the better of me, and I ended up getting this Shimmer Brick from a lovely swapper - and was pleasantly surprised that this was not the glittery mess the others were.

Product - Lovely. There are five shimmering stripes of color: one white, two rosy brown shades, and two rosy pink shades. With my AAB/NC25 skin, this can be used as a light blush - apply just enough to get a sheer wash of pigment but not too much of the sheen; also can be applied lightly as a highlighter. I can see how the sheen might accentuate flawed skin, so Buyer Beware, YMMV. The individual stripes of color can be used as e/s too.

Comparisons - As a highlighter, it is similar to LM Star Dust, where the finish is more of a satiny sheen than a shimmer. As a blush, the color is reminiscent of my TBS Brush On Beads in Rose - similar light dash of color but the TBS is more of a blush than a highlighter.

Packaging - The packaging is the usual sturdy, chunky BB palette/compact style, square and black and shiny smooth with a full size mirror. There is an oddly large amount of space between the surface of the product and the mirrored lid - perhaps this is why the Shimmer Bricks are notorious for cracking and crumbling during travel and/or shipment? - so my packaging rating is not high. Also, the lid only opens up to 90 degrees, which can make it awkward to use the mirror.

Rating - Overall, a pleasant surprise. Five lippies for the product, minus one for it being something I don't reach for daily. Not sure I would purchase this at full retail due to its high price tag ($38), though I'm quite happy to have swapped for it.

UPDATE - Overall rating bumped up to 5 lippies. I love it. It is unique among my collection of blushes. I use this by itself as blush on "light" makeup days and sometimes as a highlighter over other blushes.
continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2006 1:43:00 PM More reviews by ASluzar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This would be ideal if I was going to the prom.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2006 2:09:00 PM More reviews by aileendq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the bronze, which I adore. As an NC35 I get a lovely glow and I use it every day. I got the rose so that I'm not stuck with earth tones on my face all the time. This seems to have more pigment than the bronze and not quite as much shimmer. It does leave a lovely, sheer rosey glow behind. The shimmer bricks are NOT meant to be used as blush. They are meant to be layered over blush or as a super sheer wash of color/ sheen. A light hand is a must. I have yet to try this as an eyeshadow, but the rose hues are so pretty I may just start wearing eyeshadow when I go out at night. As with the other SBs, the lightest color is excellent to dab at the corners of the eyes to make you look more awake. I would clearly repurchase, but I can't imagine ever using it up.