April 17, 2014 | 1647 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick in Brave

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2009 5:51:00 AM More reviews by erikakakaka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I luurve this lipstick!
Bought it a few days ago, and it will definitely be a firm favourite of mine for a long time!! I have very fair cool-toned skin, but this colour works wonderfully and is a lovely neutral pinky-brown, perfect for both daytime and evening wear.
I love the texture of this lippy, and the colour pay-off is great! Also...I use MAC's Plushglass lipgloss in 'Ample Pink' on top and this looks scrummy! A+ product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 6:50:00 AM More reviews by xtinabambi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I brought this colour today and i love it. It is a neutral colour on my pigmented lips. It is a very good colour if you are looking for a conservative everyday sort of colour. I would definately purchase this colour again. Perhaps not suited to you if you are looking for a colour that looks noticibly like you are wearing lipstick. Perfect for a natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2009 6:42:00 PM More reviews by marisholita

I really do love this color, it is perfect for a nude lip. actually i was looking just for a regular lipstick and i ask my mac makeup artist that i wanted a nude lipstick and he suggested me this one.. i have to say I LOVE IT.. when i saw it i was like whoooooa!! but then i applied it and i was amazed ... i used it almost everyday, it is sad that is only limited edition :(

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2009 6:23:00 PM More reviews by rochas2

I had to return this, it did not suit me at all. This is a semi-muted medium deep rose color. Um, I think "pukey carnation 70s" is the most accurate review I've seen of this. The texture is good, but that's about it. Maybe this is someone's color, but I can't see this looking good on too many people.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by sunnyisland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very natural pink nude shade. MAC calls it a pink beige with pearl. It looks rather nice when I want something that looks natural with just a hint of pink and nothing too dramatic. The silvery pearl is barely noticeable. A hint of a beigey, slightly mauve pink and not those weird frosted barbie doll type of pink. Same colour family as MAC Cosmo and Fast Play, but a lighter version of these and less intense and less moisturising and a beige instead of brown base. Still, it's a great daytime lipstick. It's also just a little darker than MAC's Faux and not so mauve. Further, it's also quite close to MAC's Modesty but with a little more pink. Also suitable for wearing at night for an almost nude lip with a hint of pink. Rather pretty. Formula wise, it really lasts for hours and one can see it on one's lips even after a meal. But it can be rather drying but this can be easily solved by applying a layer of lip balm first or a little gloss on top.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this shade for a couple days adn wasn't entirely satisfied with it, until I realized what it was. On my nc40-42 skin with not so pigmented lips, this is the perfect pinky nude to pair with a smokey eye. I can imagine a gloss would give the rather matte color the perfect amount of oomph to achieve the super smokey eye-nude lip combo.

I know this shade looks completely different on everyone, but on me, it is definitely a nude. Without a full face of makeup, this definitely seems to wash me out a bit, but the tinge of pink is helpful. Other nude lippies have looked awful on me by MAC and I think this one is a winner.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2009 3:32:00 PM More reviews by amna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

yuck...what a pukey carnation shiny 70's pink color!!! way to warm for my cool tone skin... eewww..made me look sick.

i need to swap this asap for something else... yuck

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by lamonica08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I am really loving this lipstick!! I think the color is really nice. Similar to my natural lip color, but a couple shades darker. It was just what I was looking for.

I also really like the texture/finish of this lipstick. It is not creamy, as has been stated before, but that doesn't bother me. It's more like a matte, but easier to wear and apply in my opinion. I do NOT wish this was a creamier base, as I am not a fan of the cremesheens.

Based on how heavy/light you apply, it can look almost natural or more intense (for lighter skinned ladies). On darker skin this could be more of a nude, I guess.

I would desribe this color as a rosy natural. Leaning toward the cooler side, but still bascially neutral.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2009 1:42:00 PM More reviews by danai

I had my eyes on this for about a month, and today I finally gave in. First of all, I have to say, the color is gorgeous; exactly what I was looking for (and couldn't find elsewhere): a darker, rosier pink that can easily be worn any time, any day, as opposed to the pinky nude look I'm getting tired of. Actually reviewers before me have described it pretty accurately and the pictures posted give a good idea of what it looks like. It can be an MLBB shade for some; on me it's actually just a tiny bit darker than that.
Now the satin formula is indeed a bit dry. I'm not surprised, I've been warned about this on the boards, but one should keep in mind that this will probably require some rich balm before applying and after taking off. I have to admit, I'm not the biggest fan of how this formula feels on the lips, however the color is so incredibly gorgeous I just can't bring myself to take a lippie off for this.
All in all this is amazing. I'm happy to have it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2009 2:44:00 AM More reviews by liz91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This color is like a medium pinky mauve color. It reminds me of Centerfold lipstick by Too Faced. It does function well as a nude, in my opinion. I am an NC25 with yellow undertones, for reference. It is darker than Faux lipstick, but in the same color family. I always wear a gloss over my lipstick to prevent dryness. I think this is a very wearable color for the most part. I would repurchase and definitely recommend this!