July 29, 2014 | 2196 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick in Brave

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by evange

I like the texture. But the colour is too mauve. Infact, all the mac lipsticks are iether too mauve or too brown. They dont have any natural peachy colours (just lighter versions of browns and mauves)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Mariate21

I absolutely love this lipstick!!! It's my favorite lipstick for everyday so far. I really can't pull of nude lips, I think it's because I'm on the yellow pale side. This lipstick falls great between nude and pink, more pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Jbreezy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for that perfect nude lipstick for so long, and this lipstick does it for me! I have cherish before, but since im olive skin, it made me look pale with it. Brave is just perfect because it has that pale pinkish lavender tone in it that suits very well for my skin color. Its pigmented yet subtle. This is the perfect everyday look for people with olive skin tone; color is light but it makes the lips pop out! Texture is amazing. Would definitely buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2009 5:51:00 AM More reviews by erikakakaka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I luurve this lipstick!
Bought it a few days ago, and it will definitely be a firm favourite of mine for a long time!! I have very fair cool-toned skin, but this colour works wonderfully and is a lovely neutral pinky-brown, perfect for both daytime and evening wear.
I love the texture of this lippy, and the colour pay-off is great! Also...I use MAC's Plushglass lipgloss in 'Ample Pink' on top and this looks scrummy! A+ product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 6:50:00 AM More reviews by xtinabambi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I brought this colour today and i love it. It is a neutral colour on my pigmented lips. It is a very good colour if you are looking for a conservative everyday sort of colour. I would definately purchase this colour again. Perhaps not suited to you if you are looking for a colour that looks noticibly like you are wearing lipstick. Perfect for a natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2009 6:42:00 PM More reviews by marisholita

I really do love this color, it is perfect for a nude lip. actually i was looking just for a regular lipstick and i ask my mac makeup artist that i wanted a nude lipstick and he suggested me this one.. i have to say I LOVE IT.. when i saw it i was like whoooooa!! but then i applied it and i was amazed ... i used it almost everyday, it is sad that is only limited edition :(

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2009 6:23:00 PM More reviews by rochas2

I had to return this, it did not suit me at all. This is a semi-muted medium deep rose color. Um, I think "pukey carnation 70s" is the most accurate review I've seen of this. The texture is good, but that's about it. Maybe this is someone's color, but I can't see this looking good on too many people.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by sunnyisland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very natural pink nude shade. MAC calls it a pink beige with pearl. It looks rather nice when I want something that looks natural with just a hint of pink and nothing too dramatic. The silvery pearl is barely noticeable. A hint of a beigey, slightly mauve pink and not those weird frosted barbie doll type of pink. Same colour family as MAC Cosmo and Fast Play, but a lighter version of these and less intense and less moisturising and a beige instead of brown base. Still, it's a great daytime lipstick. It's also just a little darker than MAC's Faux and not so mauve. Further, it's also quite close to MAC's Modesty but with a little more pink. Also suitable for wearing at night for an almost nude lip with a hint of pink. Rather pretty. Formula wise, it really lasts for hours and one can see it on one's lips even after a meal. But it can be rather drying but this can be easily solved by applying a layer of lip balm first or a little gloss on top.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this shade for a couple days adn wasn't entirely satisfied with it, until I realized what it was. On my nc40-42 skin with not so pigmented lips, this is the perfect pinky nude to pair with a smokey eye. I can imagine a gloss would give the rather matte color the perfect amount of oomph to achieve the super smokey eye-nude lip combo.

I know this shade looks completely different on everyone, but on me, it is definitely a nude. Without a full face of makeup, this definitely seems to wash me out a bit, but the tinge of pink is helpful. Other nude lippies have looked awful on me by MAC and I think this one is a winner.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2009 3:32:00 PM More reviews by amna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

yuck...what a pukey carnation shiny 70's pink color!!! way to warm for my cool tone skin... eewww..made me look sick.

i need to swap this asap for something else... yuck