MAC Satin Lipstick in Brave

4.1

on 5/11/2010 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

For reference I am NC25-30 with blond hair and blue eyes. MAC Brave didn't do anything to enhance my coloring, so I returned it.

For those looking for a matching l/l, the SA recommended I try MAC Whirl l/l which compliments this color nicely.

The texture was a bit drying, but I think it would be fine with a balm underneath.

A better match color in a similar range, would be MAC Cosmo for me.

on 5/10/2010 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love the color but it's a little bit drying...If your lips are in good conditions go get it but i don't suggest it if your lips are already dry.I wasn't sure at first because i was more into pink shades for my lips but now i wear more shades and i experiment more with my make up :)

on 4/26/2010 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I like the shade of Brave, but its not something I wear often because its quite dark on my lips.

Also, I'm kind of unsure of how I like the Satin finish of this lipstick. Its the only one I own, and I kind of like it for the reason that it has more of a classic look to it, but in return its drying and it makes all the lines in my lips way prominent.

on 4/18/2010 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love this lipstick cause you can wear it day or night, and it's one of those perfect beigey pinks! I would buy it again!

on 4/12/2010 10:09:00 PM

It wasn't too bad overall. The color was a beigeish pink, unfortunately too beigeish for my liking.

on 4/3/2010 8:02:00 PM

This is my HG lipstick color. It's the color of my lips only more intense (I'm an N3 but I have darker rosy lips). It's perfect for the day and I like layering on a lighter colored lipgloss during the day, but it works for night too when I put on a darker lipgloss. The longest I've known this color to last was 3 hours--I had been at work for about 3 hours when I went to get a drink of coffee and there was lipstick on the cup after I drank it! I've never had a color last for that long. I'm always going to have this lipstick in my makeup kit.

on 3/22/2010 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This a great everyday color. This is pretty much the same color as my lips but more muted. It is drying though, but it has amazing staying power.

on 3/19/2010 2:18:00 AM

I love brave!! This is not an astounding unique colour, this is just the perfect everyday rosy natural lipstick that is just beautiful everytime you put it on. It's a comfortable colour that you're going to get a lot of wear from and therefore worth the $16.50 CDN. Like all MAC satins, it has good pigmentation, is nice and smooth, and smells delicous (like vanilla cupcakes!). Only downside is that I find it slighty drying but the trade off is that it actually stays on. I can have a cup of coffee and brave will still be there, maybe not as fresh as when first applied but my lips are still obviously stained. My favourite everyday lippie of the moment!

on 3/15/2010 12:49:00 AM

I love this lipstick for an everyday look. It's a soft blush pink color. It goes with almost every eye makeup from smoky eyes to just liners. I use this especially for the days when I want to look fresh and awake.

The texture is smooth and creamy,but I was expecting a slightly darker shade. Worn alone it's a perfect neutral shade,but line lips with a natural toned liner and fill lips in with MAC Brave and it looks amazing.

View my lip swatch!