MAC Satin Lipstick in Brave

4.1

on 10/28/2010 10:16:00 PM

I completely disagree with the review before mine that Brave doesn't flatter fair-skinned blondes. I LOVE this color--probably my favorite!~ It is great pink with a slight nude undertone. I like the matte color. I either use Mac Dervish liner or YSL #6 underneath. Wonderful! The only complaint I have is the texture isn't creamy like the Spice Mac liner I once used.

on 10/18/2010 10:32:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

Not for fair skinned and blondes! Has a bluish or purplish undertone, which makes my face look washed out, and lips smaller. A bit drying too. Far not the best neutral/beige lipstick to compliment a light eyed, light haired person.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I own two of these because I love it that much. I'm Fair skinned, NW20 with dark hair (for reference) This is my lips but "better color" for me. I have freckles on my lips and this covers it up very nicely. This color is a great everyday, don't know what else to wear shade. I love it.

The satin finish is perfect for me. It doesnt come as nude as it looks like in the tube, and it adds more brownish-pink on my lips. it's perfect for a subtle daily look without the dullness. It's so moist that you needn't use lipbalm.

on 9/4/2010 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I'm in a love hate relationship with this lipstick. At first I didn't really like the color on my NC35 skin. But then I got really tan this summer and it looked great. Paired with the right lip liner and gloss this lipstick is a stunner.

on 7/22/2010 11:38:00 AM

just bought it and i am in love, the best nude for me without looking to washed out:)

on 7/9/2010 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I can't believe no women of color (african american) women have reviewed this! I was looking for a nude (my fav) lip color. It is alot like Spirit, which I also love, but it has more pink to it. I wear this with a clear and brown lip liner.

on 6/18/2010 7:32:00 PM

I am not a huge fan of bright or dark colors, so when I went to MAC I explained this to them and they had me try a couple colors and I absolutely loved this one!!!! It is perfect for work and out of work!!!

on 6/6/2010 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I have tan skin (NC42 ish) and very pigmented lips. On my skin tone and lip color, Brave is about as light of a pink as I can go without looking clowinsh, but for people with lips that aren't as deep as mine, this is probably the perfect mid-tone pink.
...
And now for the formula. I love MAC's satin finish lipsticks as they are pigmented, matte and long-wearing compared to glossy finishes. However, this one seemed less smooth than other MAC satins. I think this is because there is a very subtle pearl shimmer in this that makes it feel a bit chalky. This was an unnecessary ingredient in the product since it doesn't really show up as a shimmer, yet alters the texture.

Overall, good color payoff, but the texture feels chalkier than other MAC satins.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Cool toned mauve. This color on me has something bold yet nude to it. I enjoy it all the time.

Recommended for Medium Skin