St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth-20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

This did not clear up any blemishes, in fact, it only made my skin worse. I used this once before my skin became very oily and I had a breakout. I tried it with high hopes, but I ended up giving it to a friend who wanted to give it a chance. I was surprised because I had great experiences with other St. Ive's products, but this product was just too harsh for my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't even remember how many tubes I've repurchased. This scrub works very well on my combination/oily skin but I can only use it when I have a "good skin" days. I can't use it when I have active acne but I also use this scrub on my back. The price is very affordable. I always keep one in my shower.

I have been using this product forever and for some reason I ran out and I finally went and picked some up because with the weather being so cold my face is super dry so I thought it was time to go get more! I've never broke out from using this an all of a sudden my face became covered all over with pimples that hurt.. I thought maybe because I hadn't used it in awhile that I would have to go through the whole getting used to it again but I tried and tried making it work and I'm not sure if my skin changed or the product ingredients changed. So sad this didn't work out!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have oily and acne-prone skin. Love this product. It helps prevent breakouts and gets rid of acne. It may take awhile to see results when it comes to blackheads. After I use this, my skin is extremely soft and smooth! This product may be a bit too rough for your skin but if you gently scrub, it should be fine. Check out my other reviews! :D

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Super harsh on my skin, please be careful with this stuff!
It's good to use once every week or two for a good exfoliant..but too rough for me to use daily. Didn't help me with breakouts. Very very cheap .. $3 Canadian . Won't repurchase.. It's okay, but I don't use it very often. Smell is average..

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

this stuff works wonders- my face used break out very often, but now that I have this , it helps out a lot! I also use the st.ives timeless skin with it. LOVE LOVE LOVE

I tried this one day and waited for a few days before I used it again just to check whether I have any bad reactions to it.

I DID.

It make my jawline break out little zits that wouldn't go away. I am lucky that I didn't use it daily after the first day! I'm horrified at the results because my jaw would not just break out without any reason. What's worse, my whole neck began to itch on the 3rd day. It's like an allergic reaction or some sort and my whole neck is red now and the stupid little zits wouldn't go away!! Time for a new exfoliator.

This product is RUBBISH.

I have sensitive, Asian, acne prone, combination skin, and this product did not work for me. It made my face look amazing for the first week or so (and I was using this about 2x a week, as recommended), but after a while, I noticed that my skin looked coarser, rougher, and drier. I thought that it was because I was scrubbing too harshly, so I tried to scrub gently. My skin would always look amazing right after use, but after a few days, it would go back to the same coarse, rough look. After about 3 months, I noticed that I would get these medium sized to large pimples under my skin after I used the cleanser. They would not surface, and they stayed under my skin for up to a week at a time. The ones that were on my cheeks (the most sensitive area of my face) and the area around my nose/under my eyes started to get irritated whenever I tried using my normal cleanser.

After I noticed the irritation and the fact that the zits were from the St. Ives product, I immediately switched to a different exfoliator, and the zits started going away. It's been about 4 months since I've stopped using St. Ives, and I can already see my skin improving. My pores look smaller, my skin is softer/more moisturized, the texture of my skin is improving, and I don't get skin irritation anymore. However, I am left with a ton of new icepick scars from the zits that I got because of the St. Ives scrub.

I had originally bought the cleanser because of the good reviews online, and because I was on a budget. After this however, I realized that you really do get what you paid for. NEVER buying anything from St. Ives ever again.

PS. Tried using it as a treatment for my back acne after deciding that I didn't want it anywhere near my face. Made my back break out in little zits. Nope, never using ever again.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This was a pretty decent scrub. Made my skin pretty soft and everything. But it felt super harsh, and with all the talk about St Ives causing micro tears in the skin, I don't want to chance it, and won't be buying this again.

I absolutely love this scrub. I've been using it for 3 1/2 years now, and every time I use it, it still leaves my skin as smooth as it did the very first time. I use it 3-4 times a week. It hasn't made a difference on my blackheads (I've yet to find something that truly gets rid of them), but I very, very rarely break out now. I definitely recommend this product - every lady needs to have one of these!